Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Zephyrine posted:

I probably made the least isk of anyone involved in shipping in GSF.

Sorry no one's going to validate your ineptitude or ignorance with action bruh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Zephyrine posted:

I don't understand how anyone makes money hauling stuff at the rates they do in GoonFleet, but they must because lots of people keep doing it.

Also, to echo someone else above, I understand that it's not all peachy keen for Horde, we're doing our best to make life miserable for them after all, but how can you say they have it worse than GF right now? We had 600 v 1800 last night in Saranen, and thats not counting the groups that were out blowing our other stuff up.

Don't get me wrong I'm having a blast still, but you're on the blobbing side, which is generally the MORE fun side to be on.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

that's because you were fundamentally retarded at actually running your business

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Zephyrine posted:

Which is interesting considering that Char was always cheaper

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

luminalflux posted:

Which is interesting considering that Char was always cheaper

And well-liked and trusted.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Glory of Arioch posted:

that's because you were fundamentally retarded at actually running your business

The goal was never to make isk (for the company itself) But to keep the cargo moving and make logistics available to as many stations as possible.

War Eagle posted:

I don't understand how anyone makes money hauling stuff at the rates they do in GoonFleet, but they must because lots of people keep doing it.

Also, to echo someone else above, I understand that it's not all peachy keen for Horde, we're doing our best to make life miserable for them after all, but how can you say they have it worse than GF right now? We had 600 v 1800 last night in Saranen, and thats not counting the groups that were out blowing our other stuff up.

Don't get me wrong I'm having a blast still, but you're on the blobbing side, which is generally the MORE fun side to be on.

Because horde is thousands of newbies making a living in Fade. Ratting in Catalysts, mining in ventures. The experienced people spend most of their time tending to them, handing out ships, working on the infrastructure. Building something, a home. On top of that the horde isn't very rich so every cent has to be spent carefully.

It's not ship spinning while looking at the calendar for the date when all the bad people will go away.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

War Eagle posted:

The key to making the big money was that there was a non insignificant amount of export traffic from deklein. Sure each way the traffic might be pretty cheap compared to something like black frog, but most of the routes are established with cynos in place and having traffic both ways almost triples the profit. Shipping right now is pretty lovely though.

Glory of Arioch posted:

:agreed:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

help pls send money to a poor space trucker today

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

It's because women make 0.79 isk for every 1 isk men make obviously

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

vyst posted:

It's because women make 0.79 isk for every 1 isk men make obviously

:eyepop:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Kalenn Istarion posted:

is that what you call Stellaris?

I actually logged off last night before the caracal stomp because half our fleet was having weird client issues, and figured they wouldn't be a round two. :welp:

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Some lovely TEST hanger on, I think. UP says Dark, but they're around both more often than not

Their CEO is a guy called Rick Riordan, we fought them when Reavers did a deployment to TEST's Wicked Creek recovery home

Most of our allies share two common traits.

1. I don't know who most of them are.

2. I can't stand them.

I imagine this is what dealing with FCON/FA for years felt like for Goons.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Zephyrine posted:

The goal was never to make isk (for the company itself) But to keep the cargo moving and make logistics available to as many stations as possible.

Glory of Arioch posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Sorry to ask this after so long, but what is FCON?
I cannot remember if someone already explained it.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

gwrtheyrn posted:

help pls send money to a poor space trucker today
Are those an individual player's earnings or the income of some multi-player organisation?

e: VideoGames, FCON is an alliance that previously belonged to Goonwaffe's coalition but has since left to claim space on the other side of the galaxy.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

VideoGames posted:

FCON is fidelas constans, an alliance that lived up in branch that most people made fun of for having some weird honor code involving not suicide ganking and stuff. Generally a disliked ally who also refused to stop shooting holesquad people who were on coalition fleets because :byodood: NBSI

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

VideoGames posted:

Fidelas Constans, an erstwhile ally of Goonswarm Federation. They were unusual in that they were a democracy -- most powerful null security alliances are dictatorships or autocracies. They were a poor cultural match to Goonswarm Federation, to put it diplomatically.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

LemonDrizzle posted:

Are those an individual player's earnings or the income of some multi-player organisation?

That's :justpost: so from May 2015 to mid-October 2015 it was basically just 2 people and afterwards basically just one. There are technically 3 people still but one person does 99% of the work.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

VideoGames posted:

A former Ally of Goonswarm Federation who clashed culturally with GSF in every way possible. But we put up with them because allies are good to have in times of crisis. Then we were invaded and like many other allies they folded at the first sign of trouble.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Also they were really bad with jump freighters since we're on that topic

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

That's :justpost: so from May 2015 to mid-October 2015 it was basically just 2 people and afterwards basically just one. There are technically 3 people still but one person does 99% of the work.

How much of that reward column is profit?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Zephyrine posted:

Then we were invaded and like many other allies they folded at the first sign of trouble.

:ironicat:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Would you look at this olive branch we found. Also we can all shoot FCON now.

Perhaps more fitting if I had left in late March.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

SperginMcBadposter posted:

How much of that reward column is profit?

It is pretty difficult to give an exact number without actively keeping track which is :effort: as hell but for a spitball between 50-75% of it was profit after fuel costs and excluding stuff like plex, cynos, and ozone

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 18, 2016

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Zephyrine posted:

Because horde is thousands of newbies making a living in Fade. Ratting in Catalysts, mining in ventures. The experienced people spend most of their time tending to them, handing out ships, working on the infrastructure. Building something, a home. On top of that the horde isn't very rich so every cent has to be spent carefully.

It's not ship spinning while looking at the calendar for the date when all the bad people will go away.

I think most people can get the newbie part, but a lot of this contains blatant lies. Let's examine them.

Zephyrine posted:

horde isn't very rich so every cent has to be spent carefully.

This is a lie thanks to IWI. But let's suppose it's the truth. If PH is stupid enough to somehow not have managed to feed at the trillions of ISK trough that IWI provided, then you really are hopeless.

Zephyrine posted:

The experienced people spend most of their time tending to them, handing out ships, working on the infrastructure. Building something, a home.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the exact same narrative that GSF often trots out? Experienced bitter vets tending newbies, handing out ships, and working on the infrastructure while the newbies made a living in Fade Deklein by ratting and mining? GSF built a home in Deklein and were basically building another home in Pure Blind. Like, this isn't unique to PH and GSF can and will have the same experience again.

Zephyrine posted:

And if you read a single post by Dalael, you'd realize that GSF's cup runneth over in content. They're not ship spinning waiting for the bad people to go away - they're going out there and killing them.

Look, just post the truth. Even if it's as simple as 'I wanted to win so I jumped ship'.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
God evaccing all my carriers was such a monster pain in the dick. All my poo poo fit in 1 JF but there ain't no way to move 30 carriers except the old fashion one

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zephyrine posted:

Oh my god you are so appallingly dumb. :psyduck:

There are fleets from Saranen every day. Multiple. Of varying doctrines and FCs. An entire thread and SIG devoted to solo sov hacking even exists if you really are the "undocking go-getter" that you seem to be posturing yourself as. There are currently more targets to shoot and more fleets to go on than ever before.

We are outnumbered to gently caress. Fozziesov favors attackers. Our pubbie ratlord allies abandoned us within weeks of this war starting. IWI is dumping trillions of ISK a week into the coffers of our enemies. What on earth did you think would happen in this scenario and how would you have done it differently? The only reason PH is "building a home" (lol) at all is because big daddy super dick PL props up their flailing softbodies.

Quit with this Kevin Costner noble savage Dances With Wolves bullshit. If you have an issue with a personality, try talking privately with them! You know, instead of running away from all your problems whilst making a big dumb babby post about it that manages to say fuckall despite its unholy word-count.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

LuiCypher posted:

And if you read a single post by Dalael, you'd realize that GSF's cup runneth over in content. They're not ship spinning waiting for the bad people to go away - they're going out there and killing them.

GSF has a lot of space to recover, so it should take them a bit of time to take it back. Especially when some of the renters moving in are moving up some ADMs every day. I'd be surprised if the vcbees program doesn't return.

And no, there wasn't an alarm to evac stuff from Dek. But I sure did help a lot of people get their stuff out. 'Your super should be safe in ya0' a few weeks before we lost it, as I saw one person say.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Zephyrine posted:

Zephyrine posted:

The goal was never to make isk ...

You keep saying this, but it really doesn't ring true.

I think you only care about the ISK.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

LuiCypher posted:

This is a lie thanks to IWI. But let's suppose it's the truth. If PH is stupid enough to somehow not have managed to feed at the trillions of ISK trough that IWI provided, then you really are hopeless.

I'd say this depends on what you quantify as 'Rich'.

The IWI thing is directly funded by metrics in the warzone, it's not and never has been 'here have a couple hundred billion isk'.

LuiCypher posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the exact same narrative that GSF often trots out? Experienced bitter vets tending newbies, handing out ships, and working on the infrastructure while the newbies made a living in Fade Deklein by ratting and mining? GSF built a home in Deklein and were basically building another home in Pure Blind. Like, this isn't unique to PH and GSF can and will have the same experience again.

This is by and large the way established nullsec alliances big and small live, and not a mentality at all exclusive to GSF.

LuiCypher posted:

And if you read a single post by Dalael, you'd realize that GSF's cup runneth over in content.

Everyone has a ridiculous amount of content right now, and it's amazing.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

LuiCypher posted:

There are some donations yes but you can't build a future on some rich guys whimsies. You certainly can't become dependant on it. (see MOA and Gevlon)

LuiCypher posted:

Horde and karmafleet are almost mirror images of one another.

LuiCypher posted:

And if you read a single post by Dalael,

There's your problem right there.

As for genuine progress in the war. GSF is not making any. The main strategy at the moment is to try and wait out the MBC. To bore them until their member participation in the north drops below GSF numbers. Then to roll the north and take it back.

LuiCypher posted:

Look, just post the truth. Even if it's as simple as 'I wanted to win so I jumped ship'.

I don't care how the war goes. What I do care about is what direction the group I am in is going. GSF and the Imperium at the moment exists for one single purpose. To gather page viewers, stream viewers and ad clickers for TMC. That is the first priority. Internet spaceships is secondary. And because Mittens literally lives on this Alliance, his stake in it has become so serious that no means. Inside or outside the game are spared to advance it. And all that makes me sick to my stomach. Which is why I left.

When I joined Horde the conflict had started to turn. O1Y was bubbled most of the day and swordfleets often held the station grid. I expected Horde to be ousted from Fade within the month.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

Everyone has a ridiculous amount of content right now, and it's amazing.

just think of how much more you'd have if you reset your allies :xd:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
You don't need to explain why you left goons to have fun in another corp Zephyrine. Just have fun

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

p7hk9 posted:

You keep saying this, but it really doesn't ring true.

I think you only care about the ISK.

I believe in total I lost about 4.5 billion isk on ITL from start to finish.

On the management part.

On pure shipping I made around 150 million isk per hour in profit while having 11 accounts dedicated to the task. (5 jump freighter accounts, 6 cyno accounts)

If I wanted to make isk. I would have put a Carrier on each accounts or even just an Ishtar and ratted in Deklein instead.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

I don't care how the war goes. What I do care about is what direction the group I am in is going. GSF and the Imperium at the moment exists for one single purpose. To gather page viewers, stream viewers and ad clickers for TMC. That is the first priority. Internet spaceships is secondary. And because Mittens literally lives on this Alliance, his stake in it has become so serious that no means. Inside or outside the game are spared to advance it. And all that makes me sick to my stomach. Which is why I left.

lol just lol

if mittens lived on tmc he'd be dead

after your keen analysis of theta though im not shocked all your other analysis is garbage

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

evilweasel posted:

lol just lol

after your keen analysis of theta though im not shocked all your other analysis is garbage

I, too, lose countless hours of sleep each night as I lay in bed with bloodshot eyes thinking of other people's financial situations that I base in hilariously false assumptions.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

LuiCypher posted:

And if you read a single post by Dalael

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
I still got stuff in Deklein, is there any way to get it out, other than finding a wormhole, and having an alt in horde ?.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Beanbox posted:

I still got stuff in Deklein, is there any way to get it out, other than finding a wormhole, and having an alt in horde ?.

i'll get it out for a reasonable fee, pm me

also i just wanted to thank everyone here for providing my space guild with ongoing content on the saranen undock

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Landsknecht posted:

i'll get it out for a reasonable fee, pm me

also i just wanted to thank everyone here for providing my space guild with ongoing content on the saranen undock

Sure Buddy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

evilweasel posted:

lol just lol

Hey it's not the first time a nordic person profited off the forced evacuation of JU- and later turned out to be an enemy of those horrible people they'd evacuated.

And ended up losing everything.

• Locked thread