Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Tonya Evinger has changed a lot as a fighter, not so much as a person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Tonya Evinger has changed a lot as a fighter, not so much as a person.

This is true.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
man that evinger fight was straight dog poo poo after the hill showing but it was a legit win so, good?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
https://streamable.com/gmuo - spinning backfist replay

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Marching Powder posted:

man that evinger fight was straight dog poo poo after the hill showing but it was a legit win so, good?

Evinger hit Schneider with just about every legal prisonfight technique in the book, so I enjoyed it.

But slobbering your puke mouth all over the hired help is not cool, Tonya.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Sanko's a former fighter and her and Evinger are good friends, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Jeff Monson posted:

Jeff Monson just tasted what could be the most bitter loss of his career.

Monson suffered a bicep tear injury that wouldn’t allow him to compete in any real fight prior to him getting in the ring with Ivan Shtyrkova.

Monson had told Titov Boxing Promotions CEO, Alexei Titov that he would not be able to compete in the fight and everyone came to an agreement that Monson and Shtyrkova would perform an exhibition match.

“The financial backer for the card got in contact with them and got everyone into a room,” Monson told Bloody Elbow. “We basically said what was going to happen and that we would go out for a couple of rounds and show some stuff. I went up to the guy, put his hand on my arm, and told him that I have to be careful with it. I can’t even throw punches or grapple you.

“He reluctantly agreed. He is a competitor. He didn’t want to do this.”

However, once the fight started, Monson quickly realized that the fight was no exhibition match like they had planned.

Shtyrkova threw some hard punches and one connected with Monson that sent him to canvas. Shtyrkova immediately went for a submission on Monson’s injured arm and pulled off an arm bar.

Monson was in disbelief of what just happened. After he was able to come to senses with what happened, Monson got mad and “bitch slapped” Titov and took him down when he saw him backstage.

“Unfortunately I lost my temper,” said Monson. When I saw him, it turned to anger. His security guards picked me up and kicked me. It became a big thing in the back.”

Monson said that he was promised that the promotion would release a statement to address what happened in the fight.

“We’ve been waiting for three days now for the promoter to come out and release a statement. He was supposed to apologize and say that things got out of hand. That hasn’t happened.”

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Pancrase Never Die

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
wanderlei got hit by a car while riding his bike and needs surgery on his shoulder

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
wanderlei got the plates but then threw them at arona's head

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
what is longtime mma fan favorite datsik doing now that he's out of prison?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

So Phil Davis and King Mo are fighting today, apparently? Has Bellator even been promoting that fight at all?

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

colonel_korn posted:

So Phil Davis and King Mo are fighting today, apparently? Has Bellator even been promoting that fight at all?

If I'm Scott Coker, I don't want anyone to watch that fight if I hope to have them ever tune into Bellator again.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Roop there it is :smith:.

https://twitter.com/Jolassanda/status/731479322331074560

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

That's what he gets for headkicking TKZ. :colbert:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

lol Bellator just cut Will Brooks, their LW champion http://mmajunkie.com/?p=194264

quote:

“It was very simple,” Coker told MMAjunkie. “Will Brooks’ contract is ending, and we made a decision not to renew it. We’re going to give him a full release, so we’re not going to be in the Will Brooks business any longer.”

[...]

“Will is a great kid,” Coker said. “At the end of the day, he’s had some good fights for Bellator, but I just don’t think it’s a fit, and he should move on to the next part of his life. I think we’re actually doing him a favor by taking this position. Now he can just move on, and we can move on, as well.

“I just think it would be a waste of time to continue this relationship and try to go through the dance of an option period and a matching period. I just think it wouldn’t have worked out anyway, so we decided today to let it go.”

They also stripped Minakov of his HW title that he hasn't defended in like two years.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Will brooks would have made a lot more $ fighting for bellator, bellator even offered him a really expensive contract, really weird career choice by brooks

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Bellators card tonight is pretty poor, davis should be able to handle king mo pretty easily, cyborg vs sad wad is a cool fight, the rest of the card is essentially bellator prelims

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Will brooks would have made a lot more $ fighting for bellator, bellator even offered him a really expensive contract, really weird career choice by brooks

Probably one of those he believes in himself situations, where he thinks he'll be UFC champ. Good for him, I hope he goes far.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

What are you basing this on

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Will brooks is a boring fighter and turned down a contract from bellator which, in his own words was "really good money" because he wants to fight in the UFC and has been saying he doesnt want to fight with bellator for over a year. Now not only is he a boring fighter, he is a boring fighter with no leverage and sponsorships. The only way he will get paid now is to be very succesful in the UFC and even then he isnt gauranteed more money than bellator was offering, which was probably a significant amount considering will brooks own words, contracts they are giving to guys like mitrione, and sponsorship money.

Id rather take cokers viacom money unless im someone that can sell PPVs

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

even then he isnt gauranteed more money than bellator was offering,

You don't actually know this

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I thought Will Brooks had a problem getting scheduled for fights but Wikipedia says he fights twice a year. I honestly can't remember a single one since he fought Chandler

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seems like a terrible gamble to me and i doubt it works out well for him

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

A man was just laid out like a pro wrestler with a standing elbow in BAMMA. A goddamn beautiful knockout

edit:

https://twitter.com/BAMMA/status/731595085004079104

loving amazing

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

My friend's lottery pet project is having its first promotion tonight! I'm sure it's going horribly!

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Cyborg is getting crushed. The ref and corner should have stopped the fight at least 90 seconds ago.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Phil Davis has no killer instinct on the feet and King Mo had an amazing escape from the kimura/armbar. The rest of the fight was whatever but that minute was cool as hell.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Doing promotion is apparently saying "Good luck" and looking as dorky as possible.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/731939094482329600

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
that didnt TURN out so well for him

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
he spiraled out of consciousness

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Will Brooks might be making less overall if he signs with the UFC because he'll be in the lowest bracket for Reebok payments for a while but if he feels confident about turning down a good sum on guaranteed pay for a risk at the UFC, best luck to him. (Who knows if or what the UFC have offered him, he might be laughing to the bank)

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Bushmeister posted:

A man was just laid out like a pro wrestler with a standing elbow in BAMMA. A goddamn beautiful knockout

edit:

https://twitter.com/BAMMA/status/731595085004079104

loving amazing

ah yes a flair flop, seems legit

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

In case anyone was wondering Vyacheslav Datsik is somehow still out there and still insane. Arrested for raiding a brothel and attacking prostitiutes

https://twitter.com/ZidanSports/status/732940068302675970

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Bellator is coming to Boise? i get to see melvin in person. that's cool

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
and joey beltran

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Tachi Palace is on at the moment if anyone's bored. So far there's been a TKO by a guy who looked like Renan Barao with a mohawk and a d'arce choke by a guy who looked like Justin Scoggins.
http://taima.tv/r/mma

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Chillanese posted:

Tachi Palace is on at the moment if anyone's bored. So far there's been a TKO by a guy who looked like Renan Barao with a mohawk and a d'arce choke by a guy who looked like Justin Scoggins.
http://taima.tv/r/mma

This has been a loving great card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PArtyB-jac

There's a better link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Cody Gibson vs Rolando Velasquo is a very good fight and probably a FOTY contender and definitely a Dumbass Ref award contender.