Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
rohan loving sucks, i'm glad he burned down his own house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Rohan is good!!!!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

With the jist of those leaked pages, the end part at least of JJL 54 seems to be: (Note it could be off the mark so pinch of salt and needs the context of the entire chapter.)

Josuke may come through the chimney to fight Damo, Vitamin C's range does not extend past it. Josuke loses, takes a similar injury to Kira's liver and starts melting into mush. Damo figures out that he is Josefumi. Josuke says "That's a bit wrong, that's not it" (tends to read as "I'm not exactly Josefumi") to that and that he trusts Hato to defeat Damo and got melted to do so. It brings attention to the fact that the door has been open (Possibly to say Josuke heard the back story?)

Hato shoots her heel into Damo and it hits him but he melts it, she retracts it and it solidifies and she fucks him up. He's all "Hato-chan! I'll restore your family to normal, don't kill me! I just wanted Josuke. I really do love you!" but it seems like she's just done with his poo poo and walks up the wall to keep out of Vitamin C's range so she can own him and that's the end of the chapter.

Seems possible to me that there's another Rockman waiting as back up maybe, I'm not sure it'll be a simple fight for her next month.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
I've only seen what seems to be the last three pages of the leaked chapter, but here's how I read it:

Hato chooses to trust Damokan and tries to convince Josuke not to kill him. At some point, Damokan comes in and melts them both. Eventually, Damokan realizes "Josefumi" allowed Hato to escape, to which Josuke replies "No, not quite." He tells Damo that Hato trusted him to the very end, and he still melted her anyway. Josuke realised that the potted plant stuck halfway through the door was partially healed, because it's outside Vitamin C's effective range. And, he put Hato in a bubble and sent her through the chimney, letting her escape from Vitamin C's effects. Hato, now fully healed, starts punching holes in Damo, who insists that he was never going to hurt Hato's family, that truly does love her, and that he was only trying to find Josuke. Hato walks vertically up a wall.

I could just write a full translation of the pages when I have time, I guess.

Daxing Dan fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 17, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm kind of having a hard time pinning down what exactly hato's stand does based off these two descriptions, to be honest

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The last sentence of Daxing Dan's post there would be a great monthly thread title lol

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm kind of having a hard time pinning down what exactly hato's stand does based off these two descriptions, to be honest

Hard to say right now, with zero context other than what we've seen of the chapter. We obvs don't know if she says more than she shows but it stretches her heel out and stabs Damo a lot. Quite possibly matter manipulation of objects she's touching, so she can turn a pen into a sword essentially.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 17, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

I can't tell either but seems like it's straight up combat right? does that seem correct?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Okay, i'm re-reading JJL and there's one thing that's catching my attention more than anything right now: what is up with the Hat? :psyduck:

Gappy has an iconic hat that has a fairly small top to it, meanwhile in flashbacks, including where we see Kira's fate, Kira wears a hat with a big fluffy top, sometimes it has a rope-like trim sometimes it apparently doesn't? The hat vendor says he sold it to Kira what should be about the day Kira and Josefumi have their boat explosion fun and end up becoming Gappy and a Corpse, as well as an identical hat 2 weeks prior. In flashbacks before that Kira appears to wear a different hat, one that's in his apartment and, to cap it all off, Kira's apartment has three hats: one that looks like what Kira wears in Old Flashbacks, one that's like what he wears in flashbacks of the time around the incident just before the start ofJJL and a hat that looks like Gappy's. So, it should be that somehow while they were combining in the soil the hat Kira had with him switched from one model to another one he had for some reason and had left the newest hat home, so the vendor confused Gappy's hat with the one he had most recently sold to Kira? Kira has a total of 4 hats, so only two were bought at the vendor's, so his oldest hat, and the one that he uses in more recent flashbacks are ones he bought elsewhere and so he bought a hat just like the one he already had from the vendor first, got a Gappy hat and when he went out and died his third hat turned into a copy of the last one?
I feel like this is way more simple than it is but i'm missing something. :psyduck:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzGfI_j3Wyw

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Okay, i'm re-reading JJL and there's one thing that's catching my attention more than anything right now: what is up with the Hat? :psyduck:

Gappy has an iconic hat that has a fairly small top to it, meanwhile in flashbacks, including where we see Kira's fate, Kira wears a hat with a big fluffy top, sometimes it has a rope-like trim sometimes it apparently doesn't? The hat vendor says he sold it to Kira what should be about the day Kira and Josefumi have their boat explosion fun and end up becoming Gappy and a Corpse, as well as an identical hat 2 weeks prior. In flashbacks before that Kira appears to wear a different hat, one that's in his apartment and, to cap it all off, Kira's apartment has three hats: one that looks like what Kira wears in Old Flashbacks, one that's like what he wears in flashbacks of the time around the incident just before the start ofJJL and a hat that looks like Gappy's. So, it should be that somehow while they were combining in the soil the hat Kira had with him switched from one model to another one he had for some reason and had left the newest hat home, so the vendor confused Gappy's hat with the one he had most recently sold to Kira? Kira has a total of 4 hats, so only two were bought at the vendor's, so his oldest hat, and the one that he uses in more recent flashbacks are ones he bought elsewhere and so he bought a hat just like the one he already had from the vendor first, got a Gappy hat and when he went out and died his third hat turned into a copy of the last one?
I feel like this is way more simple than it is but i'm missing something. :psyduck:

No, it's as convoluted as you said. Everything about the latest flashback with them combining has made no sense when you think about it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The last sentence of Daxing Dan's post there would be a great monthly thread title lol

Hard to say right now, with zero context other than what we've seen of the chapter. We obvs don't know if she says more than she shows but it stretches her heel out and stabs Damo a lot. Quite possibly matter manipulation of objects she's touching, so she can turn a pen into a sword essentially.

I hope it's just extendo heels and nothing else, something dumb and super-specific but somehow terrifying like that is Jojo as gently caress

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

No, it's as convoluted as you said. Everything about the latest flashback with them combining has made no sense when you think about it.

Unless there's some giant unifying thing coming, there's a lot of stuff that's gonna be out of place/flat out impossible. No biggie, and there are always red herrings in JoJo, it just means that there isn't a ton of sense in thinking deeply just yet.

The hat thing confused me until I decided I just wasn't gonna care about hats. They look cute and I'm leaving it at that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The digital version of the chapter should be up in roughly 10 minutes, I suppose it'll hit the net shortly after. Translation is up in the air as to when, but probably not especially long.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=jojo%E5%A5%87%E5%A6%99%E5%86%92%E9%99%A9&fp=1&tid=4555813609#!/pidac12b07eca806538701d36fe90dda144ac34826d

Ultra slow loading JJL 54 Raws

Some pages are missing it seems though

Daxing Dan's prediction seems to be 100% right

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm already wondering what the name of hato's stand could be, since the 'king' naming scheme is still a thing. also i assume it's more of a matter manipulation thing in general, but her heels happen to be a handy way to actually harm people. and walk up walls. how much leg strength does she HAVE, goddamn.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://imgur.com/a/TPeVf

Here's the whole thing on imgur

He throws a fish into Norisuke to let it swim around. Holy gently caress Araki what the gently caress are you thinking???

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 18, 2016

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm already wondering what the name of hato's stand could be, since the 'king' naming scheme is still a thing. also i assume it's more of a matter manipulation thing in general, but her heels happen to be a handy way to actually harm people. and walk up walls. how much leg strength does she HAVE, goddamn.

King of Pain maybe?

hatty fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 18, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hato's Stand name: People are already saying Crawling King Snake because it fits the naming scheme of 1st gen King [X], 2nd gen [x] King [x], 3rd gen [x] [x] King.

Technically, Jobin fits in gen 2 and 3 with Speed King if you consider it as last word, but it's meant to be second word for Gen 2, not last.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 18, 2016

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If it weren't for the theme naming Stiletto would work perfectly.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Hato's Stand name: People are already saying Crawling King Snake because it fits the naming scheme of 1st gen King [X], 2nd gen [x] King [x], 3rd gen [x] [x] King.

that doesn't seem to account for jobin's speed king, unless he's somehow in the same generation as his dad

e: wait, nevermind. i read it wrong? it still seems odd

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

that doesn't seem to account for jobin's speed king, unless he's somehow in the same generation as his dad

I edited it in but Speed King is word 2 is King, just like Joshuu and Daiya's are. Norisuke is Word 1 King. Tsurugi is Word 3 King.

Simply put:

King is word 1 of the Stand name - Gen 1 of the Higashikatas
King Nothing

King is word 2 of the Stand name - Gen 2
Speed King
Nut King Call
California King Bed

King is word 3 of the Stand name - Gen 3
Paper Moon King

It's impossible to really predict though because PMK isn't a song name, it's a song by Nat King Cole, so Araki plays pretty loose with it anyway.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 18, 2016

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Araki probably regretting blowing his load on King Crimson so fast.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Araki probably regretting blowing his load on King Crimson so fast.

You're going to look like a huge dumbass when we're introduced to Vinegar Higashikata

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Hato for best JoJo Waifu.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

http://imgur.com/a/TPeVf

Here's the whole thing on imgur

He throws a fish into Norisuke to let it swim around. Holy gently caress Araki what the gently caress are you thinking???

YOOOOO Hato.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i need translations of this so bad

oh jesus i need jojolion

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

God drat, Hato just straight up murdered a man. Turns out liquefying your dates dad is not a good move.

Also, I really like the design of Hato's stand. It seems silly to speculate on the name though, since Araki isn't above just sticking the word "king" onto any old band or song.

Can't wait for the translation!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I went ahead and read the chapter in Japanese and surprisingly understood 95% of it. Hato is... Not the brightest bulb in the bunch. Josuke's melting in front of her, her dad is screaming in pain, and she still ends up walking to Damo when he calls her. She is however very skinny as somehow Josuke manages to float her up the chimney and into the back yard.

The gist of the chapter is Norisuke spilling the beans on Josuke because Damo is threatening to kill Hato (then almost does anyway) and then him owning Josuke until Hato skewers him. Her job completed, she proceeds to walk up the wall back to her home planet. (No seriously why is she doing that)

The chapters are great but the sudden plot holes are REALLY bothering me.
When did Karera take the picture? If she had disappeared months ago then how did she see the explosion on the boat? Why were they searching for her? Why isn't Kira wearing the right hat? If Kira and Josefumi only swapped parts because of the Rokakaka, why did the citrus fruits Kyo buried there do the same thing? When was Josuke/someone resembling him at the surfer's place? When did he encounter the guy that we saw after the Yotsuyu fight?

Araki's forgotten his share of things but this is getting ridiculous.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm waiting for the translation so I can't comment on recent developments, but I feel like it's been too short a period of time for Araki to Forget, there's gotta be something fishy with Karera.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Translation is out. On my phone so I can't link it but it went live a few minutes ago

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

JoJo's Boyfriend Disposal Service, "Puttin' the heels to 'em since 1986!"

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
e: Since no one has linked it yet, http://bato.to/reader#f2d3ea7217c2b918_1

That chapter was so good, and amazingly gory. Araki's really dialing up that body horror in this arc. Damo is definitely going to be one of the most memorable minor villains in all of JJBA between the melting and the cutting and the torture by fish... I'm so glad that Hato gets to do something--excited to see her give Damo a good beatdown next month (I assume).

The chapters are great but the sudden plot holes are REALLY bothering me.
When did Karera take the picture? If she had disappeared months ago then how did she see the explosion on the boat? Why were they searching for her? Why isn't Kira wearing the right hat? If Kira and Josefumi only swapped parts because of the Rokakaka, why did the citrus fruits Kyo buried there do the same thing? When was Josuke/someone resembling him at the surfer's place? When did he encounter the guy that we saw after the Yotsuyu fight?

I think a lot of those issues are just questions that haven't been answered yet (though stuff like the hat is so minor that I can't bring myself to care). I like the theory that Karera photoshopped herself into a picture. Adding to the pile, though, when/where did Kira get the mark on his hand that's on the SBR book and the railing in the Higashikata house? Either I forgot about that and need to re-read, or there has to be more that happened between what we saw in the flashback and the moment when Yasuho finds Gappy. (Or Araki Forgot, but the mystery of Gappy's past is so central to Part 8 that I have to believe he isn't just winging it and dropping plot threads all over the place.) I'll grant you it's a little weird that Damo doesn't know about Josuke (or anything else) if anything of note happened after the Two Good Boys were buried.

Amaryllis fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 19, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yaasssssss slay bitch

Hato going full Part 1 Dio and walking up the wall ruuuuules

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

something I find interesting is how much Damo is losing his poo poo when it comes to Josuke. Like, he really cannot understand Josuke's existence(he keeps trying to figure out "which one" Josuke is, switching names and such when Josuke's just his own dude) and it's pissing him off.

also Hato not saying a word is more devastating than any insult could be. Girl doesn't gently caress around, which is a sharp contrast to Damo who only fucks around. To a productive extent admittedly but still.

Damo doesn't really seem as in-the-loop as he thinks he is.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

If she had disappeared months ago then how did she see the explosion on the boat? Why were they searching for her? Why isn't Kira wearing the right hat? If Kira and Josefumi only swapped parts because of the Rokakaka, why did the citrus fruits Kyo buried there do the same thing? When was Josuke/someone resembling him at the surfer's place? When did he encounter the guy that we saw after the Yotsuyu fight?

The boat explosion happened months ago at this point so the disappearance timeframe makes sense. And I'm sure that the Rokakaka have something to do with the wall eyes so maybe it caused the ground to act as a weird fusion thing.

OmegaDimension
Feb 18, 2013
Holy gently caress, that was a great chapter. Can't wait to see how Hato fucks up Damo even more next month. :dance:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh my god, I cannot believe Hato turned HEEL!

For real, tho, it seems like Hato is aware of her Stand and its powers, unlike Joshuu. It seems to go completely against her happy-go-lucky personality tho, if the power is just "make sharp protuberances come out of you". It's probably something more convoluted, she just decided to impale a motherfucker, but her getting the only outright combat Stand would explain why she was the last one to reveal it. Hato is so hosed tho, hell hath no fury like a scorned women and all. She wouldn't be a good girlfriend tho, she keeps needling the poor guy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That's a cool-rear end chapter Hato's stand rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Very upset that those two weren't able to work things out