Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

FizFashizzle posted:

lol i front squated that today

What's ur bench?
Oh rite it's not paleo :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Who wants to squat with me today?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

notZaar posted:

Who wants to squat with me today?

I will squat you while you squat

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

Pretty sure that's been done at a Crossfit gym before

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
OK but hold your shoulders steady. I have weak ankles.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
when you squat i squat we squat

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Totem Swole

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Well, I don't think that's my problem. My knee thing has honestly seemed really arbitrary. There has been nights where I can grind out 5 reps and they feel great, then another night they start up while I"m still squatting just the bar, and in between. Although, as I said in another post, since I've been trying some stretches and stuff, it's still arbitrary like that, but definitely less frequent. Could lovely shoes be the culprit? I mean I'm on my feet way more than most people ,and some nights, like tonight, I spent a fair amount of time moving and turning around carrying 30 lb coils. The reason I ask is either way, they are lovely shoes because they have chafed and callused the poo poo out of my heels, so I'm getting a new pair soon, either way. Another thing to test out, I may try going to the gym when I wake up, instead of after a 10 hour shift, but getting up early is harder for me than working out after a long shift. I'm trying to think of a time my knees ever hurt when I lifted on an off day, and I can't think of one.

lovely shoes can DEFINITELY do that to you. If you're on your feet you need to make sure you have good shoes, and even get good gel insoles.

I remember when I started up a 10-hour shift machine operator job, after a couple weeks I was in AGONY whenever I had weight on my feet - until I got good work boots and gel insoles.

3 years and a geotech/environmental job late (some 12 hour shifts, on the feet, etc) - I have never regretted paying extra for good boots and good insoles.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SpeedyCow posted:

What's ur bench?
Oh rite it's not paleo :v:

Lol I don't eat paleo

(245 kill me and my long arms)

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

My totem summons the spirit of Ronnie Coleman.

Ordered some straps and fractional plates today, gonna be nice to not have my grip be the limiting factor on my deadlifts.

Praise the salami, bros.

Frabba fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 17, 2016

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sorry, I can't squat with you today guy, I gave blood. I know I said I would, but I forgot about the blood drive.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
what are you afraid to pass out, you PUSSY

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

The closest I ever came to passing out was after a set of power cleans :3:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Closest I came to passing out was doing rows after donating blood.

So yeah. Rest up. Eat a cookie.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I just think it's gonna be a wasted gym session. I'll take a long walk around town* instead and get back to lifting tomorrow.

*play Dark Souls

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I want to do nothing because of constant mild hunger, but if I do nothing I get bored and want to eat even more.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

UnfurledSails posted:

I want to do nothing because of constant mild hunger, but if I do nothing I get bored and want to eat even more.

What I tell myself wvery 5 minutes during cuts: "If you're hungry, it's working."

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

finally got back to hte gym after a few weeks of daily drinking and moping around and god drat i feel weak like a small baby

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
We are all small babies in our minds. Embrace it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I eat so much food every day of my life and it's never enough!!!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

We are all small babies in our minds. Embrace it.

Also in real life

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Lemming posted:

Also in real life

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Hey guys I just turned 30 and was diagnosed with a tracking issue and arthritis in my knees. My doctor is cool and knows that I am basically already dead at this point so he gave me some cortisone and knee braces so I can squat in hell. Pr'd my squat a couple times since then so Hail satan, etc.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
saw 2 scrawny highschoolers yesterday squatting/spotting on teh smith machine with 4 45s on. it looked as bad as you think it did

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I was thinking about consuming the rest of my calories via this Stone 6th Anni Porter, but ... the urge for a carne asada burrito (would be my 2nd in 2 days) is ... strong.

Ed: My other option is peppered salami. Er, salame. Whatever.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Traffic Reporter posted:

Hey guys I just turned 30 and was diagnosed with a tracking issue and arthritis in my knees. My doctor is cool and knows that I am basically already dead at this point so he gave me some cortisone and knee braces so I can squat in hell. Pr'd my squat a couple times since then so Hail satan, etc.

hail satan

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Chinatown posted:

saw 2 scrawny highschoolers yesterday squatting/spotting on teh smith machine with 4 45s on. it looked as bad as you think it did

Were they both squatting at the same time?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

My Q-Face posted:

Were they both squatting at the same time?

yes, and spooning

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I was thinking about consuming the rest of my calories via this Stone 6th Anni Porter, but ... the urge for a carne asada burrito (would be my 2nd in 2 days) is ... strong.

Ed: My other option is peppered salami. Er, salame. Whatever.

this sounds very "me".

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I'm running out of food because I'm moving, so my options are limited.

I did have some toast today though.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I hit a 155 Strict Press and a 205 Push press today after my 3s week on 5/3/1 Not superb numbers, but considering I'm less than a year out of a PRP shot in my shoulder, it's fantastic.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hail satan

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
liftin poo poo above you is dope

also i saw an older dude doin' 135 upright rows on the smith machine

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
military press is great, because I am good at it

all the other dudes in my gym suck at it :smug:

Then I'm all like, "I'm smaller than u but i'm gonna outlift you bro :grin:" straight to they face and then I outlift them and they're usually so impressed with me that we head straight for the sauna to boink

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I was gonna make a buttsex joke at you but you made it.

Touché.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Military press? More like press.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

Our lords Satan and Rippetoe say "pre-rear end"

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Hip press

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Better squat day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzNFKw1a12s

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I have embraced the autism in order to stop looking like a fat gently caress. After trial and error I discovered that I can eat like 1000 calories less than my usual if I eat very little (about 100 calories) in the morning and eat larger and larger meals at set intervals until I eat my largest meal (800) about 1 hour before bedtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

UnfurledSails posted:

I have embraced the autism in order to stop looking like a fat gently caress. After trial and error I discovered that I can eat like 1000 calories less than my usual if I eat very little (about 100 calories) in the morning and eat larger and larger meals at set intervals until I eat my largest meal (800) about 1 hour before bedtime.

Treating eating like a spreadsheet is a tried and true winner for a lot of people. Start with your calories figured out and fit food into it with an eye towards maximizing your happiness and the business mantra of "you can't manage what you can't measure".

e: s/\"ca/\"you ca/

Thots and Prayers fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 19, 2016

• Locked thread