Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

El Burbo posted:

the insane cinematic universe poo poo will never end

They need to start retroactively clamining things are shared universe, like they did with Aliens vs Prdeator

Tremors and Ghoulies were in the same universe, as will be shown in the soft reboot of Big Trouble in Little China

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the Men in Black/21 Jump Street reboot crossover film

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

alien vs predator was a badass game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Davincie posted:

alien vs predator was a badass game

i only played the sequel

early monolith fps games were kinda bleh in general but it was pretty good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Motto posted:

the Men in Black/21 Jump Street reboot crossover film

this will rule

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

homeless snail posted:

the greatest film of the decade came out at the very beginning

2010 was last decade

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i only played the sequel

early monolith fps games were kinda bleh in general but it was pretty good

this is the most inasne thing cause the nolf1-avp2-nolf2 era is the best they've ever been

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

VostokProgram posted:

2010 was last decade
holy crap, you mean the best film of this decade came out last decade?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

that wasn't a reboot or a remake, tho

Reboot of the Sly Stallone version.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

oh wow :kimchi:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I read an article about how the innovative mastermind behind the Marvel Cinematic Universe is now the producer of the angry birds movie and pioneering a brand new Angry Birds Cinematic Universe

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Davincie posted:

this is the most inasne thing cause the nolf1-avp2-nolf2 era is the best they've ever been

i dunno, i've always loved the writing and presentation in nolf1&2 but i never thought nolf1 was a super good stealth fps and the way nolf2 handles stealth always bugged me, though i think it plays better in general than the first one

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Everything Burrito posted:

I haven't seen the animated Jungle Book movie in years either but pretty much every time the name is mentioned I get The Bear Necessities stuck in my head for hours

I'm just gonna say that the animated Jungle Book wasn't actually that good, but is fondly remembered due to Bear Necessities. That or I saw it too many times.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Allarion posted:

I'm just gonna say that the animated Jungle Book wasn't actually that good, but is fondly remembered due to Bear Necessities. That or I saw it too many times.

The Jungle Book/TaleSpin cinematic universe.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I read an article about how the innovative mastermind behind the Marvel Cinematic Universe is now the producer of the angry birds movie and pioneering a brand new Angry Birds Cinematic Universe
that is exactly the fate that dude deserves

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

as much as i like fear and the condemned games they have some huge issues

fear constantly undermines its best part (the ai) by making them trivial to fight

condemned 1 is obviously unfinished and has stupid gun sequences and condemned 2 has even more drat gun sequences

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

2010 was last decade

do you think the year 2000 belongs to the 90s?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Creed is loving epic

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Droyer posted:

Yes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
don't think i'm saying newer monolith is better though, i've only played a bit of fear 1 and while i liked it fear 2 does not seem good. at the very least all the early monolith games had some charming bits of presentation about them

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

It is time for some feels anime.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Droyer posted:

dont get mad at me im just reporting what the calendar scientists say

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

a kitten posted:

Reboot of the Sly Stallone version.

No it wasn't

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

dont get mad at me im just reporting what the calendar scientists say

if 2010 belongs to the last decade that means it had 11 years, and that's not a decade.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the only upcoming movie i wish didn't exist is the sly cooper movie

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Admoon posted:

yes please and thank you

Done.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want to get something to drink but some nefarious person stole my hateful cat and replaced her with an identical, yet cuddly and affectionate, version and I don't want to get up and displace her yet

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

the only upcoming movie i wish didn't exist is the sly cooper movie
haha good one, you almost had me for a second that they were making a sly cooper movie

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Droyer posted:

if 2010 belongs to the last decade that means it had 11 years, and that's not a decade.

the decade goes from 2001-2010, and this decade goes to 2020. this is because we are idiots and dont have a year zero, instead we say the first decade was 1-10 and the second 11-20 and so on

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

i'm not making this up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

VostokProgram posted:

the decade goes from 2001-2010, and this decade goes to 2020. this is because we are idiots and dont have a year zero, instead we say the first decade was 1-10 and the second 11-20 and so on
Year 69 (LXIX) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Augustus and Rufinus (or, less frequently, year 822 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 69 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

that's dumb and i hate it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Year 420 (CDXX) was a leap year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Theodosius and Constantius (or, less frequently, year 1173 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 420 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Droyer posted:

:ssh: the aughts started with the year 2001

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

in the year 20... video games and anime hadn't been invented yet
haha wow we've really changed a lot

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the new millenium, excuse me, willenium, started in the year 2000

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

thanks qt3.14

Admoon