Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

Crazy Ted posted:

So this Dutch guy is signing fresh from a team in Thailand. I'm sure he'll be worth every penny. Seriously there have been guys who've washed out of the NASL and USL who end up there. Quality stuff from Chicago.

For how much actual support leagues in South East Asia get (butts in the seats) they are largely terrible to watch. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RNs_Funhouse/status/732649826186203136

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

So this Dutch guy is signing fresh from a team in Thailand. I'm sure he'll be worth every penny. Seriously there have been guys who've washed out of the NASL and USL who end up there. Quality stuff from Chicago.

Huh? He was last under contract at FC Groningen.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

That was really awkward to sit through because you know everyone involved was miserable the whole time...just like watching an NYCFC home game.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Hello Towel posted:

Huh? He was last under contract at FC Groningen.
Turns out there's two football-playing Michael de Leeuw's who are about a year apart in age and I looked up the wrong one. WELL THERE'S SOME EGG ON MY FACE!

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

We did just sign a guy from the Hungarian league, so it isn't that far-fetched.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

http://www.timbers.com/cupondemand

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

This wouldn't fly in Austin. Mainly because Uber left after their self-regulations were rejected.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Sounders hunting for Boca Juniors playmaker Nicholas Lodeiro as a DP http://www.sounderatheart.com/sound...bly-to-sounders

This would be a great signing a 27 year old #10 would be great for the Sounders and could be a cornerstone to build on just have to dump Valdez.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 19, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

We don't need to dump Valdez, he and Deuce are our only DPs.

We should totally dump Valdez though

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

This is like listening to one's grandfather circa 1975: "Soccer? What is that? You play with your feet? What, you can't use your hands? Are you kidding me? Your feet?" :corsair:

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
marvel at how your garbage team is overpaying well over half of your poo poo roster

also remember that for every dollar one that you put towards this dumbass single entity league a certain percentage of it goes towards frank lampard sitting in the yankees dugout at a $6 mill clip.

get hosed, everyone :tipshat:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Fucitol posted:

marvel at how your garbage team is overpaying well over half of your poo poo roster

also remember that for every dollar one that you put towards this dumbass single entity league a certain percentage of it goes towards frank lampard sitting in the yankees dugout at a $6 mill clip.

Lmao just saw two guys on seattle, one is paid 80 times as much as the other.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Fucitol posted:

Haha that lovely retard homesick baby Lucas Melano makes 760k per year. So thats *whips out calculator* 1.52 million per goal

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Fucitol posted:

Columbus really spreads the money around compared to most other teams.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

insider posted:

Columbus really spreads the money around compared to most other teams.
It's kind of like how you'd spread poo poo all over your field before the crops grow.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The fraud Venegas makes more money than cool guy Waylon, so much injustice in the world...

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

African AIDS cum posted:

Haha that lovely retard homesick baby Lucas Melano makes 760k per year. So thats *whips out calculator* 1.52 million per goal
The team needs goals that badly.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Steve Birnbaum is criminally underpaid and DC is paying the league minimum to watch the crocked Kamara die on live television.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Nutmeg News, killing it again.

http://www.thenutmegnews.com/current/2016/5/20/fun-friday-the-nutmeg-news-mls-player-salary-browser-extension

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

It doesn't work perfectly, but it's hilarious:

From this article:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/05/20/armchair-analyst-birnbaum-must-be-big-more-watch

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Somebody on reddit went through and graphed (with some error) the area accessible by each team's stadium by public transit within 45 minutes:

http://imgur.com/a/5feFI
(Thread)

Cascadia Uber Alles :smug:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Somebody on reddit went through and graphed (with some error) the area accessible by each team's stadium by public transit within 45 minutes:

(Thread)

A longer train ride just means more drinking on the train. I fail to see a problem with this.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

this is hilariously wrong for D.C.

I mean this poo poo is probably hard to quantify, I live within walking distance of Huntington Metro and I've made it door to stadium in like 30 minutes before, and sometimes I've made it in like an hour and fifteen.

God help you if you ever need to take the Red Line, just RIPs

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 20, 2016

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

whypick1 posted:

(Thread)

Yeah he's really wrong about LA. The Stub is 1 mile bus ride from the Blue Line that connects to all of MTA's other rail, including, as of today, the completed Expo line. So Santa Monica, North Hollywood, Pasadena, Long Beach and most everything in between can access the StubHub Center. All we really need is the Galaxy and MTA to provide shuttles for a couple hours before and after the games to the Artesia station.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I own a car

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

yeah and then what? Watch MLS sober? gently caress that

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
can't w8 to hop the tram with a bunch of other smelly rear end in a top hat weirdo mls fans so we can flood the lower bowl of our nfl stadium and watch some rando from latin america tear his acl on our poo poo turf field

truly we are the king of kings

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Fucitol posted:

can't w8 to hop the tram with a bunch of other smelly rear end in a top hat weirdo mls fans so we can flood the lower bowl of our nfl stadium and watch some rando from latin america tear his acl on our poo poo turf field

truly we are the king of kings

So you're going to the friendly too?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Colorado didn't even make the list.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Union are good??

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

"For the first time as a Union fan, I feel full of...um...what's that thing that's not shame?"

"Pride?"

"No not that far from shame."

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

triple sulk posted:

The Union are good??

If you think either club that played tonight was good, then you cannot be helped sir.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
gently caress foxboro as a city, place and geography in general.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

That map is not wrong for Chicago/Bridgeview.

The El is generally good but it sucks taking the Orange Line to Midway and then getting on a slow-rear end PACE bus that only runs once an hour to the stadium.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
En route to Yankee stadium for NYCFC vs NYRB, last year when I went it took an hour to get through security because they thought it was a soccer game and no one comes to see this poo poo so there were no where near enough scanners open. Curious to see if I make it in before the 27th minute this time.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Jovial Cow posted:

En route to Yankee stadium for NYCFC vs NYRB, last year when I went it took an hour to get through security because they thought it was a soccer game and no one comes to see this poo poo so there were no where near enough scanners open. Curious to see if I make it in before the 27th minute this time.

What's it like watching dreams die

Did you find any Jersey turncoats crying as they realized they hosed up and chose the wrong side, knowing they'll never, ever live it down

Did you watch as people who felt like they HAD to get in fights because That's What You Do shove each other while hundreds tut-tutted and filmed it for Twitter

Did you feel all the revulsion from Pirlo and Villa as they realized they could have had it easy in LA instead

Did you laugh since despite losing by a football score at a baseball stadium, the biggest boos of all were for Frank Lampard

Did you enjoy yourself

Because I did

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Why you could say today's game was the "Red Bull Wedding" :grin:

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

lmao gently caress off forever soccer Yankees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

lmao gently caress off forever soccer Yankees
Imagine having to choose which New York MLS team to root for: the one named after an energy drink, or the one that's a partnership between Abu Dhabi oil money and the loving Yankees

• Locked thread