Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

sporklift posted:

Do the 3.0 figs work with the 2.0 game. Is the game any fun? Or just neat little figs for the desk?

I'd say a reserved yes. There are two types of game in it: the Playsets and the Toy Box. The Playsets are the traditional action game, but each set only works with figures from that set, to the point where the Nick Fury figure won't work with the Avengers Play set. If you want to mix and match Star Wars, Disney, and Marvel figures from all three games you use the Toy Box, but that's for user created levels, and at this point we don't know when the servers actually storing the levels are shutting down.

Unrelated edit: The Weird Al figure NECA is doing looks really bad.

Gann Jerrod fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

Do the 3.0 figs work with the 2.0 game. Is the game any fun? Or just neat little figs for the desk?

The game is not good at all. 3.0 is not backwards compatible. You need the 3.0 portal to use 3.0 figures.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

TouchToneDialing posted:

Got an email from Sideshow saying I won one of their contests, got super excited, then opened the email and found out I won a book.

Its cool but it was definitely a bit...disappointing.

They take forever to ship out too. My friend won an AoU Thor and it's been over a month and still no figure or heads up about shipping or anything.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I found the TNMT Classics figures at Wal-Mart today, which are essentially the 6" movie figures re-released with more heads and accessories. I regretted not picking them up the first time around even though they kinda look like poo poo. I'll probably regret buying them when I open them too.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Rhyno posted:

The game is not good at all. 3.0 is not backwards compatible. You need the 3.0 portal to use 3.0 figures.

That's not true. 2.0 portal works with 1.0/2.0/3.0 figures, it's the software that changes between them. I have never even taken the portal that came with 3.0 out of the box.

FAKEEDIT: But it IS true that the game is not good.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

boom boom boom posted:

ThreeA has had a lot of problems with their licensed stuff. They got the 2000AD license and release loving Mongol and RoJaws. And that's it, for like, two years. No Dredd, no Hammerstein, no Nemesis, no Rogue Trooper, no Johnny Alpha. Goddamn Mongol and Rojaws. By the time they actually did release a Dredd, Mezco had beaten them to the punch

Then their Iron Man figure sucked, and had weird torso articulation that made everybody think it was broken out of the box, so that hosed their Marvel line.

3A has been all Ash since ThreeZero took off, and that lines up pretty well with when things got lovely.

I kind of wanted the WBR Romulus, but not enough to justify the price.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

sporklift posted:

Question about basements and figures. I live in the PNW so my basement is kinda damp. I run a dehumidifier most of the time but if I forget for a day or two it is noticeable. I wouldn't store books down there but I would like to put some figures around my shop. They should be fine right?

Marvel legends and the like would probably be fine, but if they have any significant metal or clutch components I think it's a pretty bad idea.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Picked up an Elite Series C-3PO today. It has PREPOSTEROUSLY limited articulation, but looks and feels great in die-cast. And it was on sale for $20 at the Disney Store.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
How have we not gotten an Old Luke...anything? What the hell are they waiting for, the two people on earth who haven't seen TFA?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How have we not gotten an Old Luke...anything? What the hell are they waiting for, the two people on earth who haven't seen TFA?

Hasbro's trying to get his face to look right and can't

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Louisgod posted:

Hasbro's trying to get his face to look right and can't

Never stopped them before :laugh:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The movie came out 5 months ago and the only Old Luke merch on the horizon is a loving Pop Vinyl. I mean cmon.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is there really that much demand for a figure that could be easily re-released as "Bearded Hobo"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Honestly I'm kinda stunned Hot Toys didn't make it. They made the TIE pilot who was in it for all of maybe 12 seconds, and Luke is way more important than that dude.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They're holding out until every last Constable Zuvio leaves its peg.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

funtax posted:

They're holding out until every last Constable Zuvio leaves its peg.

They will make a new Deathstar out of unsold Zuvio and Finn figures.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I want Constable Zuvio to have a small but memorable role in the next movie, so suddenly Constable Zuvio figures become super valuable on the aftermarket

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Honestly I'm kinda stunned Hot Toys didn't make it. They made the TIE pilot who was in it for all of maybe 12 seconds, and Luke is way more important than that dude.

They're not done announcing Episode 7 stuff yet actually.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

To be fair they probably were not allowed to have any access to pictures, etc. of Luke before the movie was released. Han was shown before the movie but even he is just now being shown below the neck. I can see Leia and Luke being released by Hot Toys in the run up to Episode VIII if not before. Right now they are just starting on ESB with Yoda. Hopefully we get a Lando as well.

I am not sure if I will buy an old Han (depends on the sculpt) but I can't imagine them failing with Luke and will probably by him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Half his face is beard, so that's like a gimme sculpt.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, as in "gimme that figure I want it." :v:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Maybe there's a spoiler under his cloak. Like Luke's got a massive Thug Life tattoo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

boom boom boom posted:

Maybe there's a spoiler under his cloak. Like Luke's got a massive Thug Life tattoo.

He's got chicken legs!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

That's what I am thinking. Hard to mess him up. I'd still love a nice Episode 3 Obi Wan as well for the same reason.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I opened the TMNT Secret of the Ooze figures last night and am pleasantly surprised by them. The default heads they had on the turtles are the best in my opinion but most of the extra heads are great too and I like how each turtle has their respective skin color as opposed to all being a darker lime green. Despite not being completely movie accurate, they seem to capture the spirit of the movie better than the first release thanks to the quirky head sculpts. One huge improvement is that the joints are much, much easier to loosen out of the package compared to the cartoon turtles; I almost broke a couple shoulder joints on the cartoon turtles but these figures were easy to work.

Definitely a great buy overall.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

The_Doctor posted:

He's got chicken legs!

With duck feet! And a woman's face too!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

That's what I am thinking. Hard to mess him up. I'd still love a nice Episode 3 Obi Wan as well for the same reason.

Episode 3 Obi-Wan is my dream HT SW figure right now. Especially if they give him his Clone Wars armor.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

I bought the Mattel Ray and Peter Ghostbusters figures today. I was pleasantly surprised that they look pretty much like who they should look like. Though, the posing is kind of a disappointment, but eh, still pretty nice for what they are. Now, the BAF GB logo is just kind of silly, but that seems like an after thought. The new GBs look ok, for the most part, but their faces look slightly off to me. But I'll wait til I know if I like that movie or not to get those.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I think the Diamond Ray Stantz facesculpt is pretty good, better than the Matty one, but prefer the rest of the Matty Ghostbusters. Shame they're not in the same scale.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Rage posted:

Episode 3 Obi-Wan is my dream HT SW figure right now. Especially if they give him his Clone Wars armor.

I think SH FigureArts is doing Ep 3 with him.

I didn't jump on their Ep 1 figure but from most reviews I read the likeness was spot on since they use some digital face print. Pictures don't do it justice either ive heard.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

I think the Diamond Ray Stantz facesculpt is pretty good, better than the Matty one, but prefer the rest of the Matty Ghostbusters. Shame they're not in the same scale.

Why do you think hacksaws were invented? :getin:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Heads up for Ultron likers: people are getting figuarts Ultron now and he looks not so hot, so go for the revoltech imo. As for size: they're pretty much the same! If anything the revoltech is much better proportionally big and scary.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
I'm happy you guys turned me onto the Universe Sentinel.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

How did you make and attach that coil thing?

I have both sentinels. I prefer the BAF version for the articulation and aesthetics. But the Universe one ain't too bad for a more classic look. I just wish it had some hand articulation for better grabby hands.

Was the retail version, the purple and silver one, ever a cannon look?

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
The coil was super easy. I was bummed the Universe version didn't come with them like the Legends version.

I took some simple silicon airline tubing for aquariums (~$3-5.00 from Petsmart) and then inserted a soft, bendable aluminum tube from Hobby Lobby (pack of 4 for $2.50). http://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Hobbies-Collecting/Tools-Blades/Soft-Bendable-Aluminum-Tubes/p/34679

Then I just bent it to its desired shape and then wedged it between the hand and forearm.

The tubes will break if you make the bend too sharp (you can kind of see that on the Deadpool picture) but for soft bends they're awesome, and obviously have some strength to them.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 20, 2016

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

ShimSham posted:

Watch out Wolverine! Proteus is loving with your adamantium claws again!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ShimSham posted:

Your Wolverine's claws are all hosed up

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Due to popular demand, I have (mostly) fixed his claws.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 20, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Man what I would give for a properly proportioned 80s Wolverine in the brown and orange costume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Plastic claws never look good, somebody should make aftermarket metal claws for Wolverine figures