Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hey, Cid Del Norte Marquez has a ridiculous and rad getup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gologle posted:

Running for your life (from Sephy Labeouf). He's brandishing authentic Japanese steel (it's Sephy Labeouf) Lurking in the lifestream, SOLDIER 1st Class Sephy Labeouf.

This is a good post, congrats Gologle.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Cid Tiers:

Top tier:
Cid Highwind
Cid Fabool IX
Yuna's Uncle Cid

High tier:
Cid Pollendina
Cid Previa & Mid Previa
Cid nan Garlond

Mid tier:
Cid Haze
Cid Kramer
Cid (FFXI) (I haven't met this Cid so I'll put him here for now)
Cidolfus Demen Bunansa

Low tier:
Cid
Cid Del Norte Marquez

The zone of bad Cids:
Cid Raines

Your subjective opinions on Cids are objectively wrong. Mostly. I mean, Cid Kramer is the loving worst.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Cid is put in a situation where he has to choose between his dream and his waifu AND HE HAS A HARD TIME CHOOSING. Like wtf. It's weird how your party is filled with asshats.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Schwartzcough posted:

Your subjective opinions on Cids are objectively wrong. Mostly. I mean, Cid Kramer is the loving worst.

Cid Kramer gets ranked that high purely because he looks like Robin Williams

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Is the FFXV mechanic still called Cidney or whatever?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

her name is actually cindy

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
There are two mechanics. One is Cid, the other is his granddaughter.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
No Cid moment will ever top "jumps out of a flying airship, blow self up with bomb to cause a cave-in, and survives in good enough condition to work on another airship like a day later".

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Gologle posted:

Cid is put in a situation where he has to choose between his dream and his waifu AND HE HAS A HARD TIME CHOOSING. Like wtf. It's weird how your party is filled with asshats.

It's like flawed characters are more interesting and you're too stupid to appreciate nuance or something!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
While it isn't as bombastic as that example, I really, really liked Cid's death in FFXII (crazy scientist CId, not pimp Al-Cid). If I remember correctly, the Suncryst is about the blow the gently caress up, destroying the Occuria's hold on humanity and allowing mankind to seize their own destiny and turn everything into Final Fantasy Tactics. Cid and Vayne have won, essentially, no matter what happens from here on out. So Cid is on the tower with everybody else, having just fought the party with one of the Espers, Famfrit I think it was, and his son Balthier just kind of looks at him before fleeing the exploding tower and Cid just smiles sort of wistfully at him and says "Hadn't you best be off, fool of a pirate?"

There so much there, in that small, less than twenty second interaction between father and son, and I really enjoyed it. It was a simple end to something that honestly could have been way more drawn out and complicated and serves as a sort of underline to one of the themes of FF12, and actually all of the stories set in Ivalice, in that the stories do not get publicly told, and the deeds done behind the curtains go unnoticed by the masses/ The cast of FF12's story never really gets told, and explicitly Basch must forever pretend to be his dead brother to keep the peace and nobody ever hears about all this crazy poo poo going down to free the world from the gods and all this larger than life drama like balancing justice and revenge and letting things be the way they are sometimes.

If I remember correctly, in the end of FF12, nobody in the party receives any public recognition for what happened. Ashe just becomes queen of Dalmasca and the whole thing with Vayne is covered up as Larsa making a power play in the Empire or something like that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I liked FFTA2 Cid, he looked cool.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

FF12, the game where the story happens in 12 second chunks separated by hours of busy work.

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005
ffxi cid is mid tier

Al-Cid is rad

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
FFXI Cid goes in the "TEETH" tier.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I totally forgot in Dissidia that Golbez is the hero who sets in motion all the events that lead to the end of the cycle. Golbez is so loving radical.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
That's because Golbez is a Darth Vader-level badass.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Cid nan Garlond is actually top tier for not only being a real force in the plot but also a hot dad :colbert:

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

bloodychill posted:

That's because Golbez is a Darth Vader-level badass.

I was going to respond with a pithy comment like "No, Golbez is actually badass", but I just realized that FF4 suffers from even worse remake glut than Star Wars. They share terrible EUs, too.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Cid nan Garlond is actually top tier for not only being a real force in the plot but also a hot dad :colbert:

Thats the Cid from FFXIV right? Did he continue to kick rear end in the expansion? I never got past the level 50 instance/raid grind to see the expansion stuff. :(

Raubahn is probably one of my favorite FF NPCs. Shame he was locked away in the MMO.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Furnaceface posted:

Thats the Cid from FFXIV right? Did he continue to kick rear end in the expansion? I never got past the level 50 instance/raid grind to see the expansion stuff. :(
He did! He got a new outfit, made you a mini airship, and helped take down a giant flying whale.

:swoon:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can we agree the worst Cid is the one from Spirits Within? So bad he named Sid!

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i too am a fan of jeff bridges cid

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Cid Abides

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

voltcatfish posted:

I Am Genuinely Interested In Final Fantasy XV And Will Need To Make Sure To Purchase A PlayStation 4 Video Game Console Before September In Order to Play Final Fantasy XV

Here's some things I am currently enjoying on my PS4 exclusively:

Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
New Guilty Gear

So if those interest you also why not.

Also this year is gonna have a lot of PS4 games I'm interested in if they actually hit their release dates

FF15
Persona 5
Gravity Rush 2
Last Guardian (LOL)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have like 25+ PS4 games, it's good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haha 24+.... I had to wipe some games off my 2TB drive because I was running out of room recently :(
I don't really play games on PC though unless that's the only way.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RatHat posted:

Was FF13 broken at launch or do you just mean it was disappointing?

He learned the lesson that final fantasy can't get better than XIII so why bother

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you like jrpgs, PS4 is a good choice since it might as well be exclusive on the sony stuff like Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Cid from Dimensions is a goddamn dick.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
The oglop Cid is the best because the idea of a ruler of a country going to a local bar for some strange is really funny.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

pizza valentine posted:

The oglop Cid is the best because the idea of a ruler of a country going to a local bar for some strange is really funny.

Agreed, best Cid ever.

Also, has there been any more word on PC port or is it still just, "We won't outright say we're not doing a PC port, check back later"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

FanaticalMilk posted:

Agreed, best Cid ever.

Also, has there been any more word on PC port or is it still just, "We won't outright say we're not doing a PC port, check back later"

I hate to tell you this, but it's been out for a month

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

FanaticalMilk posted:

Agreed, best Cid ever.

Of 9? It's out. It's been out. I've already 100% it thanks to the speed up. It's a good port, you should buy it.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Of 9? It's out. It's been out. I've already 100% it thanks to the speed up. It's a good port, you should buy it.

Sorry, I meant the PC port of FFXV. I have also been playing and enjoying the PC port of FFIX, it's the bees knees, have there been any mods to make the UI closer to the size of the original.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

save us the trouble and dont ask about the pc port again until the console version has been out for 3 months

Mega64
May 23, 2008

FanaticalMilk posted:

Sorry, I meant the PC port of FFXV. I have also been playing and enjoying the PC port of FFIX, it's the bees knees, have there been any mods to make the UI closer to the size of the original.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that if there to be a FF15 port, it'd be built roughly from scratch so I'd imagine it'd be at least a couple years after it releases on consoles in 2020.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why is it called final fantasy if there's 15 of them

Mega64
May 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/733092154671669248

Hey Kyro, if you're still lurking this thread when is the next Fiesta thread going up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Fiesta thread's here.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776693