Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

We're the ones with Joja.

Are we the baddies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
The Ferngill Republic probably are the baddies. If I remember the conversations right the war is being fought on Gotoroan soil and they're across the sea from Stardew Valley. Which means Ferngill are currently invading and probably started the war, since if the war had started with Ferngill being invaded most if not all of the bachelors (and bachelorettes and protagonist) would have been drafted and fighting at the time the game starts.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
those are a lot of assumptions to make about the chill farming game

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Sir Unimaginative posted:

We're the ones with Joja.

Are we the baddies?

Only if you let them move in. :colbert:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Coolguye posted:

Yeah, I prefer to think of it as a cold war, and my super-rad Melon Wine is gonna be what they're drinking when they broker a peace. What now, WWIII-fetishists?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

rotinaj posted:

Yeah, I prefer to think of it as a cold war, and my super-rad Melon Wine is gonna be what they're drinking when they broker a peace. What now, WWIII-fetishists?

Just wait until my Dwarven Invasion mod!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Coolguye posted:

I haven't read the Starbound thread, but it's pretty unprofessional to trash talk a former boss in the industry so if more than one or two people are breaching that particular piece of professional decorum it was probably pretty loving bad. The alternative - that Chucklefish consistently hired some seriously unprofessional jokers - seems less likely if for no other reason than it relies on the malice/incompetence of multiple people instead of the blithe incompetence of one.

lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if the people who handled starbound's multiplayer are involved i think ill just stick with single player

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Eonwe posted:

if the people who handled starbound's multiplayer are involved i think ill just stick with single player

:same:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

What's wrong with Starbound multiplayer

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nothing, its absolutely wonderful

its a perfect implementation of multiplayer in a video game IMO

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Oh, ok.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

nothing, its absolutely wonderful

its a perfect implementation of multiplayer in a video game IMO

for me to poop on

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Coolguye posted:

A chill farming game where half the characters in it have depressing back -stories.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Probably whatever country you're in is losing whatever war because instead of producing things like potatoes, meat and milk the farmers are obsessed with making artisanal starfruit wine, duck egg mayonnaise and recycled garbage quartz.

Farm cauliflower or grain? Lol no I wanna go into a cave and beat the poo poo out of mummies for a month. There's some sashimi and a grape in the fridge if you're hungry. Ciao!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Disgusting Coward posted:

Probably whatever country you're in is losing whatever war because instead of producing things like potatoes, meat and milk the farmers are obsessed with making artisanal starfruit wine, duck egg mayonnaise and recycled garbage quartz.

Farm cauliflower or grain? Lol no I wanna go into a cave and beat the poo poo out of mummies for a month. There's some sashimi and a grape in the fridge if you're hungry. Ciao!

Sounds to me like there needs to be a Wartime Economy update, where if you ship more than 300 units of a staple food a day, you get a monetary bonus making it worth it.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

rotinaj posted:

Sounds to me like there needs to be a Wartime Economy update, where if you ship more than 300 units of a staple food a day, you get a monetary bonus making it worth it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

How do you guys know it's not some UN "peace keeping" war on the other side of the world against terrorists? :v:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Thor-Stryker posted:

A chill farming game where half the characters in it have depressing back -stories.

and?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thor-Stryker posted:

Just like real life!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

And if you think about it so do the other half.

And you.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Disgusting Coward posted:

The protagonist is being trained in hand to hand combat in the Desert Cave to be the savior of the Gotoroan people. He's a master fisherman and forager so he can come at you like Arnold in Predator, but he's utterly unable to stay awake past 2 am - which is his crippling weakness that will be his downfall.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
So, how long before someone comes up with a way to hack 'Valkyria Chronicles Remastered' to replace all the characters with Stardew Valley community members?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Sir Unimaginative posted:

And if you think about it so do the other half.

And you.

it doesn't even remotely follow that since people in a small town are depressed their country must be on the moral low ground in an international conflict

like seriously lol

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

No, Pierre proves the moral low ground.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Asimo posted:

No, Pierre proves the moral low ground.

Agreed. I wish the game allowed you to put both Pierre and Joja out of business, instead of having to choose between them.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

JosephWongKS posted:

Agreed. I wish the game allowed you to put both Pierre and Joja out of business, instead of having to choose between them.

recettear/stardew valley crossover

:getin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I would pay $10-$20 for a recettear style expansion

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You could wait until Pierre is out walking alone at night and rush over to burn down Joja with Morris inside it. Motive and opportunity together in one wonderful frame job.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I cannot turn in a Walleye for the Community center. I had it, and I clicked it, and clicked the turn in spot... And the Walleye vanishes. What the gently caress?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Do you get anything for collecting all the Rarecrows because I'm pretty sure one of mine was destroyed by a spawning rock or stick or something.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Eonwe posted:

I would pay $10-$20 for a recettear style expansion

You should try Rune Factory, its VERY anime, but its essentially Farming+Full length RPG + Store simulator

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I hope this game keeps getting updates. I'm a duck-feather, rabbits-foot, and three apples away from completing the Community Center.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

I married Abigail last night. Her bleep-bloop embrace makes me feel better about myself.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The floating heart is really :3:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Does anyone know if this game is playable on the Nvidia Shield K1 tablet? I got one cheap to use for uni and placement, but it would be nice to have Stardew on there to continue my trend of not doing uni work until the last minute.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Roro posted:

Does anyone know if this game is playable on the Nvidia Shield K1 tablet? I got one cheap to use for uni and placement, but it would be nice to have Stardew on there to continue my trend of not doing uni work until the last minute.

You could probably stream it from your desktop, but there's no Android build

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I do like how she's very casually telling everyone looking at the poster to go forth and multiply.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Paul.Power posted:

I do like how she's very casually telling everyone looking at the poster to go forth and multiply.

In America we only use one finger for that. :v:

It's V for Victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

So what's the deal with Yoba? What kind of weird agricultural god is this and what sort of crop should I rub on his altar?

I read someone say that Linus is Yoba.