Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

joehonkie posted:

In honor of Darwyn Cooke:

Justice League New Frontier Special

gently caress! I HATE learning about this poo poo on the forum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Selachian posted:

Empowered maybe? Emp gets beaten a lot by mook villains but always seems to come through against the big threats.

Oh poo poo! Not the E-word! :ohdear:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

SilverSupernova posted:

I like to believe that Squirrel Girl's strength is inversely proportional to how competent or threatening her opponent is.
So someone like Doom or Thanos falls easily to her, but White Rabbit or Paste Pot Pete will defeat her soundly. Has a book actually run with a concept like that?

She did get knocked out by a bunch of cosplay Doombots in the crossover with Howard the Duck, so you might be onto something there.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Kwyndig posted:

I just realized, I don't know what the powers of girl would be in a Marvel comic.

In her case, it's optimism, people skills, and one year of college-level education with a focus on computer science.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Kwyndig posted:

I just realized, I don't know what the powers of girl would be in a Marvel comic.

Gwenpool?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Superman, no!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Say Nothing posted:

Superman, no!

You don't want to know where that hand has been

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Still loving Ant-Man. It's the (new) Magician's first day and his colleagues are teaching him the ropes:

...and of course when he inevitably cheats at cards...

Could have posted about 5 more pages too!

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 19, 2016

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Senior Woodchuck posted:

In her case, it's optimism, people skills, and one year of college-level education with a focus on computer science.

You left out the crippling weakness to the visage of Robbie Baldwin.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
"Saw him in half, Whirlwind! For irony!" slayed me. :v:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Old Man Logan #6.

I could swear he used to be the best at something much less pleasant.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Captain Bravo posted:

"Saw him in half, Whirlwind! For irony!" slayed me. :v:

That's some good dialogue.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

With the placement of that text box, I hope when they say Cage's wife they mean Iron Fist.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

fatherdog posted:

"The joke behind Squirrel Girl, created by Will Murray and Steve Ditko, is that she’s an unlikely hero who looks sort of ridiculous in her furry mammal costume, yet somehow she proves unbeatable against every dangerous villain or crazed maniac she meets. One may wonder if the gimmick has the sticking power to support an ongoing series, but it’s worked pretty well for Batman for the last 75 years."
-Andrew Wheeler

This is the best explanation, thank you.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is my eyesight going bad or are you guys just posting incredibly small images for some reason.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Lurdiak posted:

Is my eyesight going bad or are you guys just posting incredibly small images for some reason.

The most recent images look fine; they're just thumbnailed.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone have those panels where Rockpile is training with a guy who smashes part of him, and he's all, "Arrrgh! You've killed me!" then, after the guy's freaked out, goes, "Hahaha, nah, I'm only messing :troll:"?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP mettle.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't really see how Mettle can have junk since he's just a skeleton made of metal. Or if he does, what good it could possibly do him.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hahaha, that's great, thanks. :D

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SynthOrange posted:

RIP mettle.
Please don't remind me of that lovely miniseries.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Old Man Logan #6.

I could swear he used to be the best at something much less pleasant.

Nah, Wolverine's the best at that, and everyone knows Wolverine's a lady, not a gross old man. :v:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Lurdiak posted:

I don't really see how Mettle can have junk since he's just a skeleton made of metal. Or if he does, what good it could possibly do him.

He is saying " Yeah, I don't have junk either."

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Still loving Ant-Man. It's the (new) Magician's first day and his colleagues are teaching him the ropes:
Could have posted about 5 more pages too!

I miss superior foes :(

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Nah, Wolverine's the best at that, and everyone knows Wolverine's a lady, not a gross old man. :v:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

Please don't remind me of that lovely miniseries.

I didn't read all of it. Did Darkhawk stay dead?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Even a skeleton man sometimes needs to get his bone on.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Excuse me, that's clearly a young English schoolboy.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

I may have posted some kind of small.

I also forgot that the new Squirrel Girl #1 takes a great potshot at the Marvel/Fox legal battle over movie stuff.

Squirrel Girl #1

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SilverSupernova posted:

I didn't read all of it. Did Darkhawk stay dead?
No, he was never dead he was secretly in like a bacta tank in Arcade's hideout, so at the end his status quo of "heavily injured and out of action until someone remembers he exists" was restored.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ghostlight posted:

No, he was never dead he was secretly in like a bacta tank in Arcade's hideout, so at the end his status quo of "heavily injured and out of action until someone remembers he exists" was restored.

I haven't really kept track of Darkhawk outside of his original run, but I'm glad to hear this at least :unsmith:

Why the gently caress do I like Darkhawk so much? The first comic of his I read was where Venom threw a fight with him out of pity. All of a sudden I'm actually buying comic books from the pharmacy comic rack back when those existed because "Oh hey it's that Darkhawk guy. Haha, Darkhawk can't eat a pizza."

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Section Z posted:

I haven't really kept track of Darkhawk outside of his original run, but I'm glad to hear this at least :unsmith:

Why the gently caress do I like Darkhawk so much? The first comic of his I read was where Venom threw a fight with him out of pity. All of a sudden I'm actually buying comic books from the pharmacy comic rack back when those existed because "Oh hey it's that Darkhawk guy. Haha, Darkhawk can't eat a pizza."

It really is a shame he's just a mildly popular C-Lister they bring up on a rare occasion before sending him back into the abyss of "oh yeah, that's a guy who exists maybe."
I'm also a little upset I got into him so late. First I saw of his was a reprint of his origin that they threw into one of there "who the hell are all these heroes from Annihilation and War of Kings" compilations. I fell in love with the character when he first transformed, decided "Edge Man" was the best descriptor for what he became, then decided Darkhawk was better after a hobo in an abandoned amusement park saw him and called him that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You like Darkhawk because Darkhawk is rad. Now that Moon Knight has been brought back in recent years and it looks like Cloak and Dagger might have a resurgence due to an upcoming TV show that makes Darkhawk my number one bottom tier character I want to get some love in the comics.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

X-O posted:

You like Darkhawk because Darkhawk is rad. Now that Moon Knight has been brought back in recent years and it looks like Cloak and Dagger might have a resurgence due to an upcoming TV show that makes Darkhawk my number one bottom tier character I want to get some love in the comics.

Agreed, Darkhawk is pretty rad. I don't think he could carry a solo book, but he should join one of the however many Avengers teams there are now.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X-O posted:

They left him in an interesting place after War of Kings as a war criminal and him trying to destroy all the amulets, but they then decided to just never pick up on it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You like Darkhawk because he combines the teenager issues of Spider-Man with an amulet that makes him a cyborg Iron-Man/Falcon/Wolverine alien terminator.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

They left him in an interesting place after War of Kings as a war criminal and him trying to destroy all the amulets, but they then decided to just never pick up on it.

They picked up on it briefly in Nova's book. Though after he died, they stopped giving a poo poo about both him and Namorita altogether for several years.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Astonishing X-Men #16 is full of funny panels.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

At this point, does she know that he also speaks moon language?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

prefect posted:

At this point, does she know that he also speaks moon language?

IIRC, yes - he was (as usual) casually whoopassing her in the mornings with sticks - something something "normal school experience" something "never did *me* any harm" something "whippersnappers" something.

Random GIS for "funny wolverine panel"

Amazing Spider-Man #664