Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Slate Action posted:

He was up 2 last week, now he's up 5 which is outside the margin of error.

oh ok.

idk, consistent with the idea he's gotten a bump from clinchin. I'll panic about polls after the convention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

LogisticEarth posted:

Hillary isn't Skyler, Hillary is Gus. The sociopathic, calculated political mastermind who's done everything "right" and has everything going for her. But just like Gus, the human maelstrom that is Trump will blow her face off with help from a bitter, wheelchair-bound Bernie Sanders.

If anything, Chris Christie is Skyler. With that 1000 yard stare he has when standing behind Trump, you can see he's totally broken and understands who the danger is. I can totally imagine him blankly wandering off from a rally and trying to drown himself in a pool.

I think Hillary plays into the 'blonde middle aged wife stick in the mud trying to stop our hero from having fun' trope. BUT Gus works really well too.

And in the end Trump will be taken down by Neo-Nazis.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
I'm the car wash

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Baloogan posted:

reince actually is cool, he is the personification of "lol nothing matters"
he has this sarcastic, ironic distance that i think is really cool. he seems to have a sense of humor about it all

Reince is a 43 year old about to finish up a 6 year stint running the Republucan Party and on the verge of inevitable multimillion dollar lobbying-consulting contracts come 2017. He's a made man, of course he is just "welp, what can you do" about this shitshow.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
He's going to be dead of pancreatic cancer by 50, might as well enjoy it while he can

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Montasque posted:

I think Hillary plays into the 'blonde middle aged wife stick in the mud trying to stop our hero from having fun' trope. BUT Gus works really well too.

And in the end Trump will be taken down by Neo-Nazis.

Megyn Kelly is Skyler: Questions and resists Trump, then ends up reluctantly on his side in order to protect her party. Which would mean Christie is Jesse.

And of course, the meth symbolizes media coverage.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Jewel Repetition posted:

Trump story arc (may not reflect reality): Self-made billionaire is immersed in globalism until he realize how much it's hurting the people he loves most: average American workers. Throwing aside elitist Republican orthodoxy, he starts a straight-talking campaign that the hated media and his opponents treat as a joke. But with his charm, dealmaking ability, and the self-evident truth of his message, he defies all odds to become the nominee, earning the chance to face his final opponent who represents all the political correctness, globalism, and Washington elitism he's fought against so far. He is the only person who can Make America Great Again.

Hillary story arc: Really wants to be president. And hey, she'd be the first woman

...Are you mixing up Trump and Buddha?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Patter Song posted:

...Are you mixing up Trump and Buddha?

As if Trump could sit under the Bodhi for even half a second as a Rakshasa insulted the merest lock of his golden hair

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Your teeth are all hosed up! You don't even have the right number of eyes! You're a mess! Dumb Demon!

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Quidam Viator posted:

lol nothing matters

It's easy to see what Trump is doing. His pivot is all about the Supreme Court justice. He floats a list of ridiculously conservative nominees, and banks off of the GOP STILL holding that seat open until after the election. He doesn't have to do any work, which makes it a real Trump play; he just gets people to vote for him for the same reason everyone in DnD said it was so important to vote for Hillary. Because it decides the balance of the court.

Meanwhile, the Cruz assholes can nail whatever lovely planks they want onto an irrelevant platform. Trump will be Trump. He'll say whatever the gently caress he wants. And he knows he's got a captive audience. In the end, Trump has made this election all about energy and narrative, because he knows how to read this crowd we call the American electorate. gently caress what you know about American elections: you'd better start watching reality TV if you want any predictive ability to talk about how this race is going to play out.

Remember: policy doesn't matter. polls don't matter. favorability doesn't matter. gaffes don't matter. flipflopping doesn't matter. being an rear end in a top hat doesn't matter. You can make a fair case that fear and terror matter, and Trump is hammering that button far more dramatically and effectively than the other side.

but in the end, remember, nothing matters.

Trump is going win simply because of two things: Protectionism & legal/illegal immigration.

Everything else, like you said, doesn't matter.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Slate Action posted:

National GE poll - Rasmussen
5/17 - 5/18 - 1,000 LV

Trump 42
Clinton 37

"Trump now gets 76% of the Republican vote, while Clinton has 72% Democratic support. Thirteen percent (13%) of Democrats prefer Trump, while nine percent (9%) of GOP voters favor Clinton. Among voters not affiliated with either major party, Trump leads 41% to 28%, but 31% of these voters either like another candidate or are undecided."

:smugdon:

A poll with 21% undecided/other is prima facie trash.

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
lol yall scared

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

For today's TRUMP QUOTE OF THE DAY, a thrilling tale of adventure:

quote:

It is one of Donald Trump’s chief foreign-policy credentials: that morning a dozen years ago when he marched down Fifth Avenue with the words grand marshal across his chest.

“In spring 2004, at the height of violence in the Gaza Strip, I was the grand marshal of the 40th Salute to Israel Parade, the single largest gathering in support of the Jewish state,” Trump told attendees at this year’s American Israel Public Affairs Committee conference in Washington, D.C., a line he has also offered at debates, in interviews, or whenever his fealty to the Jewish state or knowledge of foreign affairs is questioned. “It was a very dangerous time for Israel and frankly for anyone supporting Israel,” he continued. “Many people turned down this honor. I did not. I took the risk, and I’m glad I did.”

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/05/how-trump-got-tapped-to-lead-nycs-israel-parade.html

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I wonder who the other grand marshals have been

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

as halfway crooks posted:

lol yall scared

I liked the story about liberals having breakdowns due to Trump and seeking counseling.

sad

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Ah yes, Trump bravely stood up for Israel in a dangerous situation to declare yourself an ally to Israel: a pro Israel parade in New York City

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Pon de Bundy posted:

god this thread is like a party that has gone on for too long , back during the early debates when 12 or more retards fought to entertain us and we had fun poking over every little thing. IMO the first debate was something magical , and trump constant dunking on Jeb ...memories ...

I dunno, the spectacular mental breakdowns from the likes of Ben Howe and Ben Shapiro going on right now are pretty good, and I'm sure there's still a lot more #NeverTrump tears yet to flow.

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 18, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

jackofarcades posted:

I'll panic about polls after the convention

I wish this was the USPol thread title even though it came from the GOP thread. It really is the best way to look at it, even though complacency is inexcusable because a victory and a landslide victory are things of much different value, with there being very real benefits to running up the score even if the race is already won.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Quidam Viator posted:

lol nothing matters

It's easy to see what Trump is doing. His pivot is all about the Supreme Court justice. He floats a list of ridiculously conservative nominees, and banks off of the GOP STILL holding that seat open until after the election. He doesn't have to do any work, which makes it a real Trump play; he just gets people to vote for him for the same reason everyone in DnD said it was so important to vote for Hillary. Because it decides the balance of the court.

Meanwhile, the Cruz assholes can nail whatever lovely planks they want onto an irrelevant platform. Trump will be Trump. He'll say whatever the gently caress he wants. And he knows he's got a captive audience. In the end, Trump has made this election all about energy and narrative, because he knows how to read this crowd we call the American electorate. gently caress what you know about American elections: you'd better start watching reality TV if you want any predictive ability to talk about how this race is going to play out.

Remember: policy doesn't matter. polls don't matter. favorability doesn't matter. gaffes don't matter. flipflopping doesn't matter. being an rear end in a top hat doesn't matter. You can make a fair case that fear and terror matter, and Trump is hammering that button far more dramatically and effectively than the other side.

but in the end, remember, nothing matters.

yeah yeah teach, semper ubi sub ubi

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

you turned into an accelerationist because your mad that no one takes latin classes in high school anymore lmao

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
trump is clearly only interested in the guy with the sick twitter game and the rest of the potential nominees are only there to make him look even better

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
QV you are deeply, deeply troubled and once again i encourage you to find jesus or philosophy or anything at all to channel your emotions before you kill yourself in a publix bathroom

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Local Analyst "Increasingly Nervous," Sources Say

https://twitter.com/geoffgarin/status/733135886951550976
https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/733315861390458882
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/733317442685009921

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
lies, drat lies, and statistics

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Has Nate Silver said there is no way Trump wins in November yet

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
LET THE UNSKEWING GAMES......... BEGIN

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

you turned into an accelerationist because your mad that no one takes latin classes in high school anymore lmao

Sic semper milk toast liberals.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Goetta posted:

Has Nate Silver said there is no way Trump wins in November yet

He in fact has said there's about a 25% chance Trump wins. More guesstimates to come later!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
man i could go for some milk toast right about now

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

Donald Trump's business empire has seen revenue jump by $190m (£135m) since the real estate tycoon entered the US presidential race, according to newly released financial documents.

His controversial calls for a Muslim travel ban and deporting millions of undocumented immigrants appear not to have harmed his business interests.

Several firms severed ties with Mr Trump when he launched his campaign.

The gains mostly came from book royalties and his golf courses.

His latest book, Crippled America, generated between $1m and $5m in royalties, Mr Trump reported.

Revenue nearly doubled at Mr Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida from $16m to $30m. His bottled water line, Trump Ice, also saw growth.

He also appears to have benefited from the sale of Miss Universe Pageant, a move caused by his entry into politics.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36333933

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Immortan posted:

Trump is going win simply because of two things: Protectionism & legal/illegal immigration.

This is my favorite Immortan post.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah after he gets blown out in November he's going to be all smug about how he was only running because it made him money and look how smart he was for manipulating all of us like that.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd9PYIb0H2o

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Trump is running the most successful marketing campaign in history

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also how is "Trump Ice" water instead of a malted beverage. i wanna pound some Trump Ices with my MAGA-bros Chad, Thad, Chadd, and Hunter

Donny, buddy, how am i, the most retarded human in the world, the one who has to tell you these things

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Not saying it's false, but since it looks like the source on that stuff is Trump you can go ahead and score it as "who knows". I forgot where I read about it but the Forbe's "richest" list editors would get annually annoyed by Trump calling them over and over when they were putting the list together.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Trump sells Success in itself

its so meta, its amazing. People buy the brand because it makes them feel one step closer to the American Dream

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

People are going to freak out when this comes on the Titantron at his inauguration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

also how is "Trump Ice" water instead of a malted beverage. i wanna pound some Trump Ices with my MAGA-bros Chad, Thad, Chadd, and Hunter

Donny, buddy, how am i, the most retarded human in the world, the one who has to tell you these things

Kayden, there's only one last task standing between you and being a full-fledged bro of Zeta-Rho.

You gotta butt chug a 40 of Trump Ice.

• Locked thread