Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

ZShakespeare posted:

I have recently discovered that I really like Witbier. What is best?
Ayinger makes good wheat beers.

Blanche de chambly is decent. Cheaper but not as much body.

The hefeweissens from schneider weisse, weihenstaphaner, and hacker pschorr are also good.

I just brew my own hefeweissen and saison now because I don't want to spend $4 per bottle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I personally am a fan of darker beers like stouts and porters. Clokxtower oyster stout is good as is btp the darkness.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I, also, am a fan of the stouts but some days I like something light and refreshing as well!

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
If you like light and refreshing beer there is plenty of weak, no body, over-hopped garbage on the market.

I don't understand people that would rather session drink garbage instead of having one good beer.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Vintersorg posted:

Because Trudeau was sick of the childish bullshit Mulcair and that other fucker were causing.

The NDP were not sent to Parliament to facilitate the Liberal agenda, not sure why the opposition doing precisely what there name suggests is their job would bother you or the Prime Minister so much, the Liberals were always going to get their way at the end of the day.

Amgard posted:

How it played out is open for discussion, but if you think Trudeau's primary goal was to beat up some opposition: you're definitely drinking the kool-aid the media is mixing.

My position is precisely that of the PMO, that the Prime Minister's behavior in the house was unacceptable and warranted an apology.

Drinking the kool-aid is refusing to admit the guy did anything wrong after he's issued three formal apologies.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Lol nice reasoning, "they are called 'opposition' so it's okay for them to body block people in parliament"

Taking it a little literal are we?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
ha, I dislike Trudeau, that was a tame "elbow" but what the gently caress is the dude going pushing his way through and physically grabbing someone, idiot.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

I propose that we replace parliament with the CFL and the winning team gets to make policy. We may all spectate and drink a craft beer of our choosing.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cultural Imperial posted:

time for a roll call

all you dumb motehrfuckers who voted NDP, confess your sins

I voted for Peter Julian, this is a trying time for me

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

ZShakespeare posted:

I propose that we replace parliament with the CFL and the winning team gets to make policy. We may all spectate and drink a craft beer of our choosing.

Heel Chris Jericho for prime minister

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

ZShakespeare posted:

I, also, am a fan of the stouts but some days I like something light and refreshing as well!

Ty BTP's pink fuzz. It's really good for that.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

BattleMaster posted:

Lol nice reasoning, "they are called 'opposition' so it's okay for them to body block people in parliament"

Taking it a little literal are we?

It's okay in the sense that every minority opposition party busy themselves with penny ante delay tactics in the face of their complete functional impotence. Which is not to suggest the Speaker wouldn't have told them to move if anyone had bothered to ask.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So I hear JT hit Ruth Ellen Brousseau with a Macho Man Randy Savage-style flying elbow drop in the House of Commons then ran around arms in the air screaming "OOOOOOOH YEAHHHHHHHHHH" for ten minutes.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

DynamicSloth posted:

It's okay in the sense that every minority opposition party busy themselves with penny ante delay tactics in the face of their complete functional impotence. Which is not to suggest the Speaker wouldn't have told them to move if anyone had bothered to ask.

okay please keep trying to whitewash the use of physical voter suppression

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Do it ironically posted:

Heel Chris Jericho for prime minister

2003-ish childish Jericho, 2010-ish big words Jericho, or the current whatever-he's-doing Jericho?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

We need a safe space for all these rich old white men trying to cast their vote

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Brett Hart for Prime Minister

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

okay please keep trying to whitewash the use of physical voter suppression

Niki's got nothing on you.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Brett Hart for Prime Minister

The House of Commons is known for its sharpshooters.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

I want Doug Ford to caress Rob's urn so that he'll come back and deliver a tombstone piledriver to Trudeau.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

St. Dogbert posted:

2003-ish childish Jericho, 2010-ish big words Jericho, or the current whatever-he's-doing Jericho?

current, with the jacket, scarf, no shirt, and boots look

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Parliament has around the same level of dramatics and grandstanding as the WWE so these men would probably make the perfect politicians in the current climate.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Has anyone presented Trudeau with a WWE championship belt yet?

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Do it ironically posted:

current, with the jacket, scarf, no shirt, and boots look

How about 1998 Conspiracy Theory Jericho? He could be Leader of the Opposition, come up with loopholes every day to reverse any legislation he didn't like, and throw tantrums like a five-year-old if he didn't get his way.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

St. Dogbert posted:

How about 1998 Conspiracy Theory Jericho? He could be Leader of the Opposition, come up with loopholes every day to reverse any legislation he didn't like, and throw tantrums like a five-year-old if he didn't get his way.

Old Jericho is dead to me after he said that his long hair was always just extensions

The attitude era would be way too edgy for parliament I think

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Thank you, canpol thread, for confirming to me exactly how much of a stupid non-issue this is. That video especially clinches this as a "we are desperately throwing poo poo at the wall and seeing what looks like it might possibly stick for more than a second" move from the non-liberals.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
speaking of wwf and canadian politics, why the gently caress do I have to get the WWE network through a cable company, we should be able to get it like Americans, you can pay for it off the website and watch online, I refuse to give the cable company more money for my wrasslin

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Do it ironically posted:

speaking of wwf and canadian politics, why the gently caress do I have to get the WWE network through a cable company, we should be able to get it like Americans, you can pay for it off the website and watch online, I refuse to give the cable company more money for my wrasslin

Because all canadian telecom is in bed with the illuminati. bush did 9/11. research teh NWO sheeple

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
This is like when a man and a woman are having a fight and the woman passive aggressively stands in the man's way blocking him. Then the guy "moves" her out of the way. He just moved her, she was in the way. Maybe he had to push her a bit to do so. Perfectly reasonable.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

ChickenWing posted:

Thank you, canpol thread, for confirming to me exactly how much of a stupid non-issue this is. That video especially clinches this as a "we are desperately throwing poo poo at the wall and seeing what looks like it might possibly stick for more than a second" move from the non-liberals.

Yeah, I watched the video last night and it's exactly the sort of complete non-issue that happens every day on sidewalks and on transit and is summarily dealt with with a brief muttered apology.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Tsyni posted:

This is like when a man and a woman are having a fight and the woman passive aggressively stands in the man's way blocking him. Then the guy "moves" her out of the way. He just moved her, she was in the way. Maybe he had to push her a bit to do so. Perfectly reasonable.

That's a foul.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Trudeau just got confused for a moment and forgot it's Brazeau he's supposed to be hitting not Brosseau. :doh:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Trudeau just got confused for a moment and forgot it's Brazeau he's supposed to be hitting not Brosseau. :doh:

lol

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

DynamicSloth posted:

Niki's got nothing on you.

I know you're the one desperately trying to prove Trudeau did something wrong but what am I :smug:

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

bunnyofdoom posted:

I personally am a fan of darker beers like stouts and porters. Clokxtower oyster stout is good as is btp the darkness.

Every time I'm at the Clocktower I tell myself I'm going to try something new but I always end up drinking Kölsch because it's so drat good

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

Trudeau said he did something wrong, not sure what is desperate about agreeing with his characterization of the altercation.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
CBC radio one's Ontario Today program basically had callers stating the obvious from that MP4 above, from across the politicos spectrum. NDP and CPC supporters uniting behind Trudeau :razz:

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

jm20 posted:

CBC radio one's Ontario Today program basically had callers stating the obvious from that MP4 above, from across the politicos spectrum. NDP and CPC supporters uniting behind Trudeau :razz:

Just reaffirms that the patriarchy is stronger than ever I guess.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Worse than hitler

Brosseau literally got Auschwitzed.

Someone should stack a pile of her shoes at her spot in the house as a memorial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

By the way Wallin's going to walk.