Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Begemot posted:

Because they're farmers now.
I loved that.

There's a island of dark misty ruins, a land destroyed by war, now populated by animals mindlessly replaying the dying moments of that civilization. It's all Gothic rubble and the ghosts of violence. Of course Mihawk would make that his home.
But what is he actually doing there? Teaching the animals to grow crops. :unsmith:

Vinsmoke family looks pretty cool so far. It's just too bad Sanji and Franky aren't here to be awed by their technological gadgets.

I did like that Carrot was all sweet and naive for most of her reactions and then when the ship was boarded instantly went into I-am-going-to-murder-you mode. She's a great character so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Good chapter. Year of Sanji indeed.

Did anyone else notice that Sanji's eyebrows swirl in the opposite direction of Yonji and Renju's?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Mihawk's been taking some lessons from Meti's Sword Manual, looks like.

quote:

Argument

1. Glory to the Divine Corpse, o breaker of infinities

2. I am Meti, of no house but myself. In my 108th year I am surrounded by fools. My compatriots cling obsessively to their destiny, and my only apprentice is an idiot speck of a girl with more talent for eating than skill with the blade. Therefore I have decided to die drowning in the boiling gore of my enemies, of which there are many.

3. My master was the greatest lord general to the king Au Vam, Ryo-ten-Ryam, who first coaxed me into learning the ways of turning men into ghosts. As his interest quickly turned to the wholly uninteresting and most useless parts of my body, I returned the favor and relieved him of his.

4. It is my personal opinion the straight sword is best if you can obtain one, but I also favor the sabre. The spear, stave, or club are peasant’s weapons of which I am wholly unfamiliar and so will not speak on them.

5. Upon meeting me, you might find that my appearance is quite dreadful and unkempt. I have been spat upon by priest, king, and merchant alike. I have no retainers, and possess nothing except a straight sword six hand spans (5 and a half kret) long (this is the proper length). This is because I am Royalty and the undisputed master of the principal art of Cutting. I will fight naked with ten-thousand men.

6. From the age of thirteen I practiced every day with the straight sword. I followed a strict vegetarian regimen, and harsh training of barefoot sprints (five) between cities, squats and breathing exercises (two bells), and sword drills and resistance training (three bells).

7. By the age of sixteen, my body was a steel edifice. I was so often mistaken for a man I began to wear my hair long with no pins and unbind my breasts. I could break stone with my hands with no effort, I could sprint between the Yellow City and the Lunar dominions in a day or less and barely strain my breath. My mastery of the sword complete, I enlisted in the Middle Army’s third legion, where I was widely respected as a swordswoman of incredible power.

8. When it came time to face my first real opponent, the Colossus of Pardos, in my youthful pride and immense skill, I brought all my training and mastery to bear. Scarcely half a day passed before my sword was shattered into thirty pieces, my right leg was almost torn from its socket, and my honed body was broken pathetically in a hundred and forty places. I defeated him by gouging his brains out through his breathing valves. My thumbs, in this case, proved far more useful.

9. At that moment, with my thumbs in his brains, I had a revelation. I had trained far too broadly. Existence and the act of combat are absolutely no different, and the essence of both, the purity of both, is a singular action, which is Cutting Down Your Opponent. You must resolve to train this action. You must become this action. Truly, there is very little else that will serve you as well in this entire cursed world.

10. I hope that by reading this manual, you will be thoroughly encouraged to become a farmer.

BlackArtistik
Feb 19, 2011

I seriously hope that Reiju goes gaga over somebody like Usopp.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I get the feeling that the 66 are going to be the one piece equivalent to the gatchaman. Something about the capes and big science themed does it for me

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BlackArtistik posted:

There's only one crew member suitable for such a thing.

Sanji's getting a moss head brother-in-iaw.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I wonder if Reiju doing the "..." with a smile when Luffy saves he's going to save his friend Sanji is supposed to show that she wants Sanji to be happy instead of just forcing him to get married?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yesss. The Vinsmokes are a Sentai Team, I am so incredibly happy about this. I cannot loving wait for the roll call and group pose. It's gonna be so good.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yesss. The Vinsmokes are a Sentai Team, I am so incredibly happy about this. I cannot loving wait for the roll call and group pose. It's gonna be so good.

I can't wait for Sanji to refuse to do the group pose and Luffy to get mad at him for not joining in.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's so great Mihawk and Perona apparently decided just to hang out together.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
poo poo, between Golden Week break and marathoning JoJo (as you can tell from the avatar someone in the JoJo thread gifted me; by the way, watch JoJo if you haven't already!!), I basically forgot One Piece still existed. :v:

I'm super pumped for Jimbei :swoon:, but like an earlier poster mentioned I'd rather have his entrance saved during a dramatic moment during Luffy's encounter with Big Mom versus right now.

Oh well. Still pumped though!

E:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 19, 2016

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

dordreff posted:

I can't wait for Sanji to refuse to do the group pose and Luffy to get mad at him for not joining in.
Followed by Chopper immediately calling Sanji out for agreeing to Pirates Docking 6, but not a simple group pose. :allears:

Anyhew, I'm a bit confused with Reiju. At first, I thought her ability to suck out poison meant that Magellan is now dead (possibly as the fall guy for the Impel Down jailbreak) and his fruit regrew and ultimately wound up in her possession, but now I'm wondering if this is some other Devil Fruit in play. Like, either a zoan (as others mentioned) that's immune to poison/can survive off of poisonous substances, or possibly some healing-type DF ability. As for Yonji, I foresee shenanigans happening when the two brothers reunite, seeing as Yonji managed to acquire Nami's wanted poster. Most likely during Sanji's bachelor party that will almost definitely be catered by Sanji himself.

Mulderman posted:

It's so great Mihawk and Perona apparently decided just to hang out together.
I'd totally be down for Mihawk and Perona to recreate Vinland Saga's farming arc. But alas, the closest option to seeing that happen would be an anime filler arc, and they no longer do filler based on the one-shot cover images anymore. :sigh:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

AradoBalanga posted:

Followed by Chopper immediately calling Sanji out for agreeing to Pirates Docking 6, but not a simple group pose. :allears:

Anyhew, I'm a bit confused with Reiju. At first, I thought her ability to suck out poison meant that Magellan is now dead (possibly as the fall guy for the Impel Down jailbreak) and his fruit regrew and ultimately wound up in her possession, but now I'm wondering if this is some other Devil Fruit in play. Like, either a zoan (as others mentioned) that's immune to poison/can survive off of poisonous substances, or possibly some healing-type DF ability. As for Yonji, I foresee shenanigans happening when the two brothers reunite, seeing as Yonji managed to acquire Nami's wanted poster. Most likely during Sanji's bachelor party that will almost definitely be catered by Sanji himself.

I'd totally be down for Mihawk and Perona to recreate Vinland Saga's farming arc. But alas, the closest option to seeing that happen would be an anime filler arc, and they no longer do filler based on the one-shot cover images anymore. :sigh:

Last we saw, Magellan was demoted with Hanyabal being given the top spot. Admittedly, it was in a coverpage.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'd definitely wager that Reiju is a Zoan of the Moth or Butterfly type that can suck substances out of the body like poisons with no ill effect (Chou-chou Fruit, Monarch type?). Given that her number is Zero, though, I don't think she'll be part of the "sentai" since those are traditionally 1-5 with extra numbers as extra people.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Xelkelvos posted:

I'd definitely wager that Reiju is a Zoan of the Moth or Butterfly type that can suck substances out of the body like poisons with no ill effect (Chou-chou Fruit, Monarch type?). Given that her number is Zero, though, I don't think she'll be part of the "sentai" since those are traditionally 1-5 with extra numbers as extra people.

But she's the Pink one and they are part of the main team when they appear.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm wishing that Zoro was with the Luffy crew now because I want to see if hatred of mossheads is a Vinsmoke family trait or not.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

QuantaStarFire posted:

I'm wishing that Zoro was with the Luffy crew now because I want to see if hatred of mossheads is a Vinsmoke family trait or not.

I can't see it as anything but this being the case.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Dekaranger/SPD had Doggie Krueger, who was number 00 and the team commander.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
So, incredible technology pretty much has to do with Vegapunk, right? We've never heard anything about the Vinsmokes before, and I'm pretty sure Franky modifying Vegapunk's old plans resulted in the most technologically advanced stuff anyone's ever seen not created by the man himself. I can't imagine the Vinsmokes just happen to have this incredible hover technology. Pretty pumped for this arc, Oda does it again.

Also, Yonji was totally looking at Carrot and not Nami. He's the series' first furry.

Advice fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 20, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AradoBalanga posted:

Mihawk isn't a bad enough dude to pull off badass pacifism.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I'm guessing Reiju ate the Eat-Eat Fruit or something similar and the butterfly look is a red herring.

Neat thing: Yonji has a 4 in his cloak, of course, but Reiju also has a bunch of dots and circles, which are pretty much 0s.

Xelkelvos posted:

What if the team goes 0-4.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kyte posted:

I'm guessing Reiju ate the Eat-Eat Fruit or something similar and the butterfly look is a red herring.

Neat thing: Yonji has a 4 in his cloak, of course, but Reiju also has a bunch of dots and circles, which are pretty much 0s.

What if the team goes 0-4.

It's probably 0-5 because 3 has been missing since he was a child.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm interested to see if Oda will do anything with Goji since Sanji is always associated with the number 5 in colour pages and suchlike.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

BlackArtistik posted:

Usopp or Zoro this only would have been a good pun if all the men in the family were stoically not affected by pretty women.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

AradoBalanga posted:

Dekaranger/SPD had Doggie Krueger, who was number 00 and the team commander.

:goonsay: He was actually number 100

I'm guessing that being 0, Reiju is probably the eldest? and then the brothers are 1-4 because of their names.

I'd honestly have expected a parent to have the number 0. But maybe the parents aren't around any more.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

:goonsay: He was actually number 100

I'm guessing that being 0, Reiju is probably the eldest? and then the brothers are 1-4 because of their names.

I'd honestly have expected a parent to have the number 0. But maybe the parents aren't around any more.

The way they've talked about Sanji's dad implies he's still around. He's the one who made it so his poster said "Only Alive" after all.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Advice posted:

Also, Yonji was totally looking at Carrot and not Nami. He's the series' first furry.

Counterpoint: Yonji was holding Nami's poster and making googly eyes at it and Nami was the one to make commentary about Yonji's only similarity to Sanji. Dude was totally hot for Nami.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Silento posted:

I wonder if Reiju doing the "..." with a smile when Luffy saves he's going to save his friend Sanji is supposed to show that she wants Sanji to be happy instead of just forcing him to get married?

almost certainly, she seems pretty nice/good/cool

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

My feeling is that Sanji's dad will be the rear end in a top hat and either some/all of the Vinsmoke kids will end up becoming friends with the Strawhats after this matter's resolved

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Yo remember in Bleach when Yami was number 8 but it was actually a sticker showing he's rank 0 and that means he's the top rank Arrancar

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Yo remember in Bleach when Yami was number 8 but it was actually a sticker showing he's rank 0 and that means he's the top rank Arrancar
Who immediately after this reveal gets beaten off-screen and then never seen again? Yeah I recall something like that

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he was number 10 and the 1 fell off

clearly sanji's parents have negative numbers

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Manatee Cannon posted:

he was number 10 and the 1 fell off

clearly sanji's parents have negative numbers

Actually they are non-transcendential.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sanjis dad will be Piji and he'll hate cooking.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Kild posted:

Sanjis dad will be Piji and he'll hate cooking.

Sustained only on Soylent.

Also he has quite different views about hitting a woman.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The parents will both be 0 and people will say it's lame because their daughter is also zero and then in the climactic fight it'll turn out they're not 0 at all but instead two halves of the infinity symbol and bah gawd Oda does it again

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is Bleach over yet? I want to read the final battle and see how it ends, but I have no intention of reading another hundred pointless battles with unpronounceable bankais. I think I checked out just after Grimmjow turned up for no reason.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Is Bleach over yet? I want to read the final battle and see how it ends, but I have no intention of reading another hundred pointless battles with unpronounceable bankais. I think I checked out just after Grimmjow turned up for no reason.

Nope. Not only is it not over, but more people just showed up for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

AnonSpore posted:

The parents will both be 0 and people will say it's lame because their daughter is also zero and then in the climactic fight it'll turn out they're not 0 at all but instead two halves of the infinity symbol and bah gawd Oda does it again

Sure!