Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

jivjov posted:

It's interesting that for parts 3 and 4 there are completely different conceits you have to give the show for the procession of Enemy Stand Users.

In SDC, the group is on a world-spanning road trip and yet there's an ESU at every port. Yeah, DIO can spy on them with Jonathan's Hermit-Purple-alike, but it still just requires a bit of a shrug and "that's anime!" to explain away.

In DiU, everything takes place in one town...but the town is positively lousy with ESUs. I'm hoping some more of the later antagonists come from outside the town, just to make it feel slightly more plausible to me.

DiU explains it, and the reason is somewhat significant for a certain part of JoJo as a whole moving forward.

I think it may have already done so but I can't remember for certain.

e: ↓ The next episode does it apparently, so I'm editing the explanation out.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

jivjov posted:

In DiU, everything takes place in one town...but the town is positively lousy with ESUs. I'm hoping some more of the later antagonists come from outside the town, just to make it feel slightly more plausible to me.

Well, I mean, it's because of the Bow and Arrow.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

DiU explains it, and the reason is somewhat significant for a certain part of JoJo as a whole moving forward.

I think it may have already done so but I can't remember for certain.

Next episode, actually.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Baal posted:

Also I like SDC and DIU equally

That's fine as long as you like SBR more than both

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I do

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, I mean, it's because of the Bow and Arrow.

Next episode, actually.

DiU hasn't already explained it? With Keicho shooting people left and right? I've read the manga but am probably forgetting something so feel free to reply in spoiler text.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

A couple of things are probably being conflated, but yes, the anime has already clearly said that everyone in town was being shot with the bow and arrow in order to fix deformed dad.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Baal posted:

Also I like SDC and DIU equally

DIU's WURLD

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Darko posted:

A couple of things are probably being conflated, but yes, the anime has already clearly said that everyone in town was being shot with the bow and arrow in order to fix deformed dad.

And now RHCP is doing it just in the vague hope that one of those stand users will kill the Duwang Gang for him.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

rockopete posted:

Does DIO even know about Holly's stand issue, and if so does he refer to it or mock the SDC team about it? From what I recall, he saw them mainly as a threat to be dealt with if he was to dominate the world (perhaps told to him by Enyaba).

He does mention it to Vanilla Ice when talking about the Crusaders's motivation to fight him. It's in ep 42 of the anime, I don't remember the exact chapter but it's in the manga as well.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think of all the people that Josuke beats into friendship, Hazamada is the most ridiculous.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Rodyle posted:

I think of all the people that Josuke beats into friendship, Hazamada is the most ridiculous.

He didn't, though, he showed him the consequences of on the one hand being an arrogant rear end in a top hat, and on the other, helping people out. And he smashed his stand's, uh, prop, I guess. It still doesn't make much sense but makes more to me than Tamami's shift.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

rockopete posted:

He didn't, though, he showed him the consequences of on the one hand being an arrogant rear end in a top hat, and on the other, helping people out. And he smashed his stand's, uh, prop, I guess. It still doesn't make much sense but makes more to me than Tamami's shift.

Tamami is still free to run around grifting people with his stand, Hazamada is completely neutralized as a threat without his giant artists doll. Also he's a high school kid while Tamami is a shady adult.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He could just buy another mannequin. Or steal one from a clothes store. Surface binds to objects and which one it is doesn't really matter.

Hazamada is neutralised by the fact that Josuke, Koichi, Jotaro or Okuyasu will ruin him if he does anything else hosed up with Surface.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Tamami's also been terrified into submission by Koichi, so he's going to stay in line from now on.

Though, the fact that he got brained by Hazamada last week and went undiscovered for a few hours probably isn't too great for the guy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a character building experience for him.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

He could just buy another mannequin. Or steal one from a clothes store. Surface binds to objects and which one it is doesn't really matter.

Hazamada is neutralised by the fact that Josuke, Koichi, Jotaro or Okuyasu will ruin him if he does anything else hosed up with Surface.

yeah i think people are missing the point that josuke or the others have to touch hazamada's stand in order for it to have any effect other than looking like a person (with a screw on their forehead). josuke and crew are probably on guard for that, and if they ever catch hazamada being a jackass with his stand again, well josuke can make the consequences fairly obvious to him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The screw probably wouldn't even be there if he used a base for Surface without one. Though it's mostly there so the reader can differentiate between the two Josuke's easily.

It's probably worth noting that the name of the next Stand in tomorrows episode has the potential to spoil some future parts stuff because its name is similar to that of another stand later on so be extra careful if you choose to look into it on Wikia or whatever.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 19, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

The screw probably wouldn't even be there if he used a base for Surface without one. Though it's mostly there so the reader can differentiate between the two Josuke's easily.

if that was the case, none of the base features of the puppet would be removed in the transformation into a person. the joints would look like hinges instead of elbows, the face would take the shape of the puppet instead of the person's natural features, etc. i think the screw is there as a slight weakness of his stand (most people won't notice it, and it can easily be covered up).

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Does anyone even mention the screw in character? I don't think the screw is actually there so much as it's just a signifier to the audience which Josuke we're looking at.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
As it turns out, the previews for DiU have silly dialogue snippets rather than actual dialogue from the next episode like the last three parts.

Here's a translation of the one for the upcoming episode.

"This is Morioh Town Radio! Here is a letter from radio name: Yuka K-san.

'I think I fell in love with him. I get butterflies in my hair when I see K.H.-kun who is in my school.'

Hair?"

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

As it turns out, the previews for DiU have silly dialogue snippets rather than actual dialogue from the next episode like the last three parts.

'I think I fell in love with him. I get butterflies in my hair when I see K.H.-kun who is in my school.'

Hair?"

How do you know it's not an added scene?

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Thanks for the translation. DP's been pretty good with that radio announcer.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Hair?"

Please, I want every preview narrated by Morioh Radio.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yup, that's why I was curious about last week- okuyasu was talking about something but I dunno what!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Desperado Bones posted:

Please, I want every preview narrated by Morioh Radio.

"This is Morioh Town Radio! We got a letter today from: JoJo the 3rd!

'Should I ask my uncle for my fancy pen back? he just kinda took it from my pocket and never gave it back... I have no one to talk about this'

Uh..."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

'Should I ask my uncle for my fancy pen back? he just kinda took it from my pocket and never gave it back... I have no one to talk about this'

Uh..."

Oh, Steel Ball Pen, the greatest saga in JoJo.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://vine.co/v/iEzmgMm3d9V

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

https://vine.co/v/OLHYqBOzYnu

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

CJ posted:

How do you know it's not an added scene?

They've all been like that.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3W4pGDSlaw

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Uh..."

'I just moved here to Morioh and my uncle ruined my beautiful hat! My hat feels like an extension of my body and I'm very upset... yare yare'

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

On the whole, do you guys like Part 3 or 4 better?

It's really hard to compare the two, but I feel like part 4 wins out when all is said and done.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

On the whole, do you guys like Part 3 or 4 better?
Part 3, though Part 4's not far behind it in my books.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Also, super duper late, but thank you for responding to my question CJ. I read your post and appreciate that you took the time to type all that out.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

part 3 doesn't even get to eat at the cool parts table

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No Part 3 is the cool kids table

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baal posted:

No Part 3 is the cool kids table

Tables don't eat, silly.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

part 3 would be one of those rickety tables where the legs are all different lengths and there's gum stuck underneath because it was built by a rude boy

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

part 4's like one of those nice ikea tables with a friendly swedish name

no rude boys allowed in ikea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those rickety tables have more character to them than the IKEA ones which are manufactured by horrible baby eating swedes

• Locked thread