Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Anohana was really good. Need to decide what the next feels show is going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

He did songs for Kaede and Karen in Cinderella Girls too.

But did he do songs for Chihaya in Cinderella Girls is the question.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Rotoru posted:

Go Shiina is criminally underused. Everything he does is really good, but he's relegated to just one or two things all the time.

he's actually done a surprising amount of stuff, but so much of it is relatively obscure. that said, his work on kyousougiga and legendia is loving godlike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoHMgy2d9O4

he also did the ost for majokko shimai no yoyo to nene and that movie is loving amazing and i love it and i love that he was involved in it

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Though Karen's song was the ending theme of Tales of Legendia in Character Quest mode.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man, I miss when Toukiden was still new to me. For as repetitive as the gameplay was and the story being nothing special, it did enough things right that I look back on it fondly. I look forward to the sequel.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also, i just found out that he did music for loving klonoa 2 what the poo poo i love that game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYgjuVXCSkg

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Though Karen's song was the ending theme of Tales of Legendia in Character Quest mode.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

Man, I miss when Toukiden was still new to me. For as repetitive as the gameplay was and the story being nothing special, it did enough things right that I look back on it fondly. I look forward to the sequel.

i haven't played toukiden, but they hired hidari to do illustrations so it's good by me

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Motto posted:

i haven't played toukiden, but they hired hidari to do illustrations so it's good by me

You should play it. It's fun and good.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

chumbler posted:

i hope u don't want the sequel on the vita

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
There are so many dogs at this park!! :shittydog:

Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

The Colonel posted:

he's actually done a surprising amount of stuff, but so much of it is relatively obscure. that said, his work on kyousougiga and legendia is loving godlike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoHMgy2d9O4

he also did the ost for majokko shimai no yoyo to nene and that movie is loving amazing and i love it and i love that he was involved in it

Yeah, I meant to say one or two things in a soundtrack, which makes finding stuff he's done annoying.

I'm glad he worked on Yoyo to Nene because his involvment is literally the reason I watched it and I'd have missed out on a good and cute movie otherwise.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

boom boom boom posted:

I feel like I'm going crazy reading this. These books are super popular, people will casually throw out references to characters from them in mixed company. But it's just all statutory rape and incest
You could always stop reading them.

In theory.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Anohana was really good. Need to decide what the next feels show is going to be.

Natsume Yuujinchou??

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Natsume Yuujinchou??

Maybe. How are the feels?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihMennZQ64U

:3:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i beat milky way wishes 100% in super star ultra

now i just have to do revenge of the king, helper to hero, meta knightmare ultra, and both arenas...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've played most of the platformer kirby games to near-completion but i haven't beat the arena mode in a single one of them

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

The Colonel posted:

i beat milky way wishes 100% in super star ultra

now i just have to do revenge of the king, helper to hero, meta knightmare ultra, and both arenas...

I think I managed to do all that. Learning to use every power to beat the game. Turns out becoming a rock isn't so bad.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I bought some cinnamon sugar covered pecans at the grocery store today and they are fantastic.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Maybe. How are the feels?

Its about a boy learning to trust people again after a lonely childhood, but in a sort of chill way. Chill feels.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I want to eat ice cream every day

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

i've played most of the platformer kirby games to near-completion but i haven't beat the arena mode in a single one of them
2 player that s, kirby is the original hunting action game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Allarion posted:

I think I managed to do all that. Learning to use every power to beat the game. Turns out becoming a rock isn't so bad.

that's how i beat computer virus in super star on snes

then, while i was playing ultra, when i got to that boss i remembered super star uses the shoulder buttons for blocking attacks and that pretty much got rid of any reason to keep using rock because all the hard-to-avoid attacks are completely nullified by it anyway

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Strange Quark posted:

Its about a boy learning to trust people again after a lonely childhood, but in a sort of chill way. Chill feels.

i watched a couple eps of this, it seemed a little similar to mushishi in a vague way

i've seen 4 eps of my hero academia and im actually disappointed the kid got a power I was hopin he'd just outsmart villains or save the day with reckless idiocy

then i watched an ep of space patrol luluco it was cute

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Quest For Glory II posted:

i watched a couple eps of this, it seemed a little similar to mushishi in a vague way

i've seen 4 eps of my hero academia and im actually disappointed the kid got a power I was hopin he'd just outsmart villains or save the day with reckless idiocy

then i watched an ep of space patrol luluco it was cute

Well, as you noticed, that power has one major drawback, and that drawback's not going away anytime soon, so he'll still be depending on his smarts a lot of the time.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think im going to try trashy show the lost village next.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

It's very fun.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i think the story is that the author wanted to do that, but the editors wouldn't let him so instead he decided to give him a super power that totally fucks him up if he tries to use it without spending months getting used to it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway, i've reinstalled akiba's trip and it still controls like rear end so i think i'm just gonna restart the game on casual tomorrow

i just wanna run around anime akihabara looking at ads for japanese stores i will never visit while wearing a magical girl show t-shirt and carrying a body pillow on my back that i use to violently attack suspected vampires in peace

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 20, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You should watch anime of the year Hundred.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

littleorv posted:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Sounds good. I was thinking about watching Honey & Clover next but this is on Crunchyroll(?) so that makes it easier to watch. I'll flip a coin or something.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

doom is maybe a smidge too long and i'm not even done with it yet

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Parallax posted:

doom is maybe a smidge too long and i'm not even done with it yet

Out of curiosity I started a new file and played on hard mode and I no longer feel like the death god that I once did. I think it adds some good replay value though.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

littleorv posted:

Out of curiosity I started a new file and played on hard mode and I no longer feel like the death god that I once did. I think it adds some good replay value though.

do you mean nightmare cause i'm already playing hell on earth. whatever normal is called looked way too easy

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Parallax posted:

do you mean nightmare cause i'm already playing hell on earth. whatever normal is called looked way too easy

lol no I mean hell on earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Normal is fine for me :shobon:

• Locked thread