Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The worse recast has to be Daario so far, first Daario was so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

Was older Mar-sell-uh recast or did the child actress just age over the seasons?

Recast but new Myrcella was actually younger

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Myrcella got too many lines in Season 5, so they had to get a real actress.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

El Hefe posted:

The worst recast by far is definitely, objectively, the second mountain.

This is a mountain

This is a lamp post

This is a very steep hill

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The first two mountains looked like dorks

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Why do they keep recasting everyone are European actors just flaky as gently caress or something?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hafthor is the best. Only knock I could give is he looks (is) young.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just remember the scene a few seasons ago where one of Crasters babies is turned unto a white walker by (nights king? idk who that is.) White Walker Leader. Does that happen in the books? It means walkers are just humans which I find odd.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

drunken officeparty posted:

I just remember the scene a few seasons ago where one of Crasters babies is turned unto a white walker by (nights king? idk who that is.) White Walker Leader. Does that happen in the books? It means walkers are just humans which I find odd.

Hasn't happened in the books but it was assumed/theorized by books readers for years that Crasters babies were being used for that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
And it's the belief of Craster's wives.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well since Craster's kids never seem to age they would make perfect Others.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah I like Mountain 3 but my only problem is that he's clearly 20+ years younger than the Hound.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Pryor on Fire posted:

Why do they keep recasting everyone are European actors just flaky as gently caress or something?

Aside from child characters which have to be recast sometimes for obvious reasons, have the been many apart from Mountain and Daario? They're all I can think of and given the size of the cast, two relatively minor characters isn't that bad.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The first Beric was basically an extra.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Pryor on Fire posted:

They go on GoT, get kinda famous, then get offered bigger roles in movies/other shows.

Then get replaced by CGI in the mountain's case (Ed Skein seems to be doing ok).

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

El Hefe posted:

I kinda enjoy the new Daario now, I can actually see a 19 year old go ga-ga over him and he was sufficiently smarmy to Jorah on their hunt.

The old Daario looked like something from the cover of a trashy romance novel, which is its own type of appropriate.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Hasn't happened in the books but it was assumed/theorized by books readers for years that Crasters babies were being used for that.

Pretty much.

ASoS posted:

"If you don't take him, they will."
"They?" said Sam, and the raven cocked its black head and echoed, "They. They. They." "The boy's brothers" said the old woman on the left. "Craster's sons. The white cold's rising out there, crow. I can feel it in my bones. These poor old bones don't lie. They'll be here soon, the sons..."

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Comrade Koba posted:

Pretty much.

Gilly literally talks about white gods of cold with blue eyes taking the babies. So it's pretty much a given.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

How long do you think Joffery would have lasted after the war finished? I could see Tywin replacing him with the much more tame Tommen before Joffery could build up the courage to attempt to take him out

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Mike N Eich posted:

I kinda enjoy the new Daario now, I can actually see a 19 year old go ga-ga over him and he was sufficiently smarmy to Jorah on their hunt.

The old Daario looked like something from the cover of a trashy romance novel, which is its own type of appropriate.

See, I thought exactly the opposite, which was echoed several times over in the thread when he was introduced. The old Daario DID look like something from a trashy romance novel, which was true to the books, and I thought he seemed like the sort of dangerous/pretty boy Twilight character that a 16-year old (18? 20, by now?) girl would get weak in the knees over.

By comparison, new Daario just looks the same as any other bearded Westerosi sellsword. I mean, sure, he's good looking, but that's true of just about anyone on the show. It doesn't seem like there's anything really striking or unique about him that would make the Dragon Queen distinguish him from any of the other bearded sellswords around her.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Shoulda gone for the golden mustachios.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish

Lycus posted:

Myrcella got too many lines in Season 5, so they had to get a real actress.

At least Aimee Richardson had a sense of humor about being recast.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
That was mean to do to Aimee Richardson. It's not like it made Dorne any better.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
How man y lines the new girl even had before she died?

Dorne was so stupid in every possible way

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

El Hefe posted:

Mountain season 2 was "is this really happening?" bad. Halfthor seems like a great guy and all (which by all accounts Conan was a real rear end in a top hat on set) but he ruined one of the best lines in the whole series.

Oberyn: Did they tell you who I am?

Gregor: Some dead man.

If he had delivered it in the deadpan, complete sociopathic monotone this line demands it would have been amazing on screen. Instead he screams it as he swings his sword so it sounds like some poo poo Kevin Sorbo's opponent of the week would have said.

Unzip and Attack fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 20, 2016

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
That's on the director of the scene, not him.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Was he even the one saying that line? I figured it was dubbed, considering even now he speaks with a heavy accent and barely spoke any English at all back during season 4 if I recall correctly.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I haven't followed this thread for a few pages. So are they really going to kill of Hodor?

I don't think I will bother to watch the show on time if they kill off Hodor. I will just casually half watch in the background while browsing slickdeals.net.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

whatever7 posted:

I haven't followed this thread for a few pages. So are they really going to kill of Hodor?

I don't think I will bother to watch the show on time if they kill off Hodor. I will just casually half watch in the background while browsing slickdeals.net.

Hodor

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 20, 2016

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Their son is the true Prince That Was Promised.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

quote:

Episode 606, titled “Blood of My Blood,” will air on May 29th.

The official synopsis: An old foe comes back into the picture. Gilly (Hannah Murray) meets Sam’s (John Bradley) family. Arya (Maisie Williams) faces a difficult choice. Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) faces off against the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce).

The episode is written by Bryan Cogman and directed by Jack Bender.

Episode 607 will be titled “The Broken Man,” and will make its debut on Sunday, June 5th.

The official synopsis: The High Sparrow eyes another target. Jaime confronts a hero. Arya makes a plan. The North is reminded.

This one is also written by Bryan Cogman. This is the first season 6 episode directed by Mark Mylod, who helmed 2 episodes in season 5.

"Old foe" is Walder Frey, I'm guessing. The Broken Man might be the Hound? Not sure about the hero that Jaime confronts.

As for "the North is reminded"... I wonder if they're going to shoehorn Frey Pies in there somehow.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

colonel_korn posted:

As for "the North is reminded"... I wonder if they're going to shoehorn Frey Pies in there somehow.

"The North is reminded... not to mess with the Boltons when Ramsay forces Manderley to eat himself"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

colonel_korn posted:

It's gonna be yet another old Lady who approaches Sansa, says "the north remembers" and gets flayed by Ramsay within the same episode.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
Jaime used to really look up to the Blackfish, might be him.

Or Brienne?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's gonna be yet another old Lady who approaches Sansa, says "the north remembers" and gets flayed by Ramsay within the same episode.

The Umbers find a post-it note that fell behind a desk that says "The Red Wedding happened."

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

In It For The Tank posted:

"The North is reminded... not to mess with the Boltons when Ramsay forces Manderley to eat himself"
They're gonna re-enact that scene from the end of Hannibal (the movie) where he makes Ray Liotta eat his own brain.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I'm guessing the hero part will be the blackfish. Or the sand snakes.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

colonel_korn posted:

They're gonna re-enact that scene from the end of Hannibal (the movie) where he makes Ray Liotta eat his own brain.

Is the Manderly actor fat? There are many opportunities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

El Hefe posted:

The first two mountains looked like dorks

the first mountain was the most perfectly cast what the gently caress is this

i still don'\t get why the umbers are all cool with turning over a stark. the excuse on the show doesn't hold a lot of water.

Narmi posted:

They go on GoT, get kinda famous, then get offered bigger roles in movies/other shows.

considering what movie daario left for, it was a smaller role. that was so hilariously dumb of him.

• Locked thread