Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Gatekeepers focus on zombies and psi attacks, in addition to their laser, so I'm thinking Gatekeeper Armor would give your gremlin the ability to revive a dead ADVENT guy as a zombie. Not too damaging, per se, but it'd give the enemy another target to focus on, and that's always good.

Gatekeeper Lord might have some other funky psi-ability that its regular bretheren don't have...hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

This game's a real hoot and a half when Overwatch randomly stops activating!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I think my game might be bugged?

I have two objectives right now: construct the Shadow Chamber, and Investigate the Blacksite. I've already done two Blacksite missions and blown them up, but that remains one of my objectives. Am I missing something on a Facility mission? Or do I have to construct the Chamber first?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Jon Irenicus posted:

I have two objectives right now: construct the Shadow Chamber, and Investigate the Blacksite. I've already done two Blacksite missions and blown them up, but that remains one of my objectives. Am I missing something on a Facilityq mission? Or do I have to construct the Chamber first?

Were those missions on the initial blacksite on the map? Because if not the objective is for that specific site. There are 2 quest lines that involve raiding black sites.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Good flippin' grief. Overwatch seems to be functioning normally again, but now the game seems to believe it knows better than I do who to shoot and just fires at a different target than the one I selected.

:xcom:

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Jon Irenicus posted:

I have two objectives right now: construct the Shadow Chamber, and Investigate the Blacksite. I've already done two Blacksite missions and blown them up, but that remains one of my objectives. Am I missing something on a Facility mission? Or do I have to construct the Chamber first?

Have you done The capital-B Blacksite, the one you retrieve the vial of goo from? It's a story mission and it will be a facility in your starting continent. It's different from other avatar facilities, and tougher too so watch out.

I do suggest constructing the Shadow Chamber when you get the chance - it's required for the plot and unlocks more story missions, and it gives you a readout of alien types you're going to encounter before you deploy on a mission.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Jetamo posted:

Because I'm a talentless ideas guy, I'm going to spend this post going on about a concept for a 4th Alien Ruler.

The cyberdisc replacement, the Gatekeeper, is missing one thing the discs often had with it; drones. So a "Gatekeeper Lord" would come with it's own mini squadron of drones, looking alot like their XCOM1 counterparts, but with Gatekeeper-esque armor on the claws of the drone.

The drones wouldn't be able to do anything on the Ruler turns, but the Lord can use any nearby to heal itself. Adds a bit of "Either gently caress the drones or just burst it down" to it. Otherwise they'd be largely similar to OG drones. Good dodging, hover around, shoot lasers.

The Gatekeeper Lord itself is where I'm having a little bit of trouble picturing what it could do. Perhaps have access to rocket launchers and the like?

As far as where he'd show up first, I was thinking he could replace that guaranteed Gatekeeper spawn on the psigate retrieval story mission.

Reward for killing it would be a set of armor and a special Gremlin, decked out in Gatekeeper armor plating.

I've now spent the last 15 minutes typing this up and will probably never do anything with this idea, like all true ideas guys.

Something to consider is that in the narrative of the game, all of the Ruler aliens are boss versions of the genetically engineered aliens. Vipers, Mutons and Archons are all genetically engineered beings that Valhen farther tampered with to unlock some of their suppressed traited. If you wanted to stick with this narrative, I wouldn't use the Gatekeeper since they are supposed to be interdimensional beings. I would consider Chryssalids, Faceless, Sectoids, or even Advent.

But that is just my meaningless opinion.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Apparently wet work has been bugged ever since they made it not retroactive!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/4k5a7c/another_bug_wet_work_has_no_effect_since_anarchys/
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687717744

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Sombrerotron posted:

Good flippin' grief. Overwatch seems to be functioning normally again, but now the game seems to believe it knows better than I do who to shoot and just fires at a different target than the one I selected.

:xcom:

How about... no target at all? :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUOOF8bt5lE

:suicide:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I thought I was getting levels weirdly slowly on my second game but just assumed that's how it was on commander. Goddammit jakeaxis

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

If I only barely scraped by on easy with EU and EW, should I go for Rookie or Veteran on this one? I don't mind being screwed over every now and again, but my tolerance for frustration has waned over the years.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think there has been another undocumented change besides MECs showing up late, after Mutons. I've gotten a truckload of Alien Data Caches and ADVENT Data Pads as loot this game. Like I just saw my first MEC and I have a stash of nine or ten of those data doodads, which is way more than I ever saw on previous runs. Am I experiencing some really strange RNG coincidence, or is this happening to others?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm not sure there but I am getting data pads in addition to weapon mods now, and I don't remember that happening before without having Vulture.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Kwyndig posted:

I'm not sure there but I am getting data pads in addition to weapon mods now, and I don't remember that happening before without having Vulture.

It was possible before and happened for me a few times. Enemies tend to drop one or two items, with vulture pushing it to two or three.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
Anyone else having problems with the campaign map since the patch? It's incredibly slow in terms of scanning and the Avenger flying to new locations.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Disillusionist posted:

Anyone else having problems with the campaign map since the patch? It's incredibly slow in terms of scanning and the Avenger flying to new locations.

Me,too. Dunno if it's one of my mods or what,but it didn't do that on my last run.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

Me,too. Dunno if it's one of my mods or what,but it didn't do that on my last run.

I actually just fixed it by verifying the game cache in Steam. Apparently I was missing 2 files.

I didn't need to disable any mods to get it back to normal either.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Holy poo poo, no wonder this last play through has been kicking my rear end so hard.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Did they patch smoke grenades by making them reduce cover bonuses?

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
Has anyone been able to figure out how to remove the sound that plays when you mouse over a tile with cover during a mission? The constant boop boop sounds are driving me up a goddamn wall.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Okay, that's weird, I ran into the Berserker ruler before I ever encountered a normal Berserker.

Ion Mage
Dec 21, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

Okay, that's weird, I ran into the Berserker ruler before I ever encountered a normal Berserker.

Your not the only one, happened to me to.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

How does Stasis work on Alien Kings/Queens, does it actually last the full turn?

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Am I retarded or is there no Bradford voice option from the latest dlc?

Character pool Central is often one of the most badass team members for me, goddamn shame if we can't have his voice

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Character pool Central is often one of the most badass team members for me, goddamn shame if we can't have his voice

He probably doesn't have most of the skill related lines so it would be pretty bare bones.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

How does Stasis work on Alien Kings/Queens, does it actually last the full turn?

Nope, it counts down every time the ruler would get a turn. Same goes for stuns and the new freeze bomb. It's possible, though difficult, to stunlock rulers so bad that you deal enough damage for them to want to run the moment the get unstunned.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684457673

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

It last for 3 of their actions, as does freezing.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

So I haven't played through xcom 2 since shortly after launch, I wanna tackle it again with the new DLC. What are some good mod suggestions for gameplay more along the lines of long war? Tactically that is, not the grueling length. Is there any kind of recommended mod compilation for that?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Taffer posted:

So I haven't played through xcom 2 since shortly after launch, I wanna tackle it again with the new DLC. What are some good mod suggestions for gameplay more along the lines of long war? Tactically that is, not the grueling length. Is there any kind of recommended mod compilation for that?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=671648634 to make the AI more aggressive and less gameable. Not sure compilation-wise--most of the other stuff is quality of life UI improvements.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

How about something more specific then. Are there any mods that increase enemy pod sizes that work with the new DLC? Everything I can find is broken.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
My experience with mods is that you will need to go and clean out your XComGame\Config files to get things running after the DLC. I don't use IESS but apparently deleting XComMissions.ini fixes it.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

NAT-T Ice posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=671648634 to make the AI more aggressive and less gameable. Not sure compilation-wise--most of the other stuff is quality of life UI improvements.

If these are exactly the same changes from A Better Advent, prepare for Gatecrasher to be the chorest of chores.

Like normally I'm actually pretty ok with it, never had the issues with it other people have with relatively vanilla settings, but after installing ABA, I swear the dude fine tuned the AI to be maximally frustrating on the first mission.

I mean of all the things I didn't miss from Long War, playing the overwatch game of who gets impatient enough first is like, #2.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

dyzzy posted:

My experience with mods is that you will need to go and clean out your XComGame\Config files to get things running after the DLC. I don't use IESS but apparently deleting XComMissions.ini fixes it.

Yep, pretty much every mod relies on correct config files to some degree, so if it doesn't work the first port of call should be cleaning config, as XCOM itself seems to do a shithouse job of cleaning up itself.

Exposure posted:

If these are exactly the same changes from A Better Advent, prepare for Gatecrasher to be the chorest of chores.

Like normally I'm actually pretty ok with it, never had the issues with it other people have with relatively vanilla settings, but after installing ABA, I swear the dude fine tuned the AI to be maximally frustrating on the first mission.

I mean of all the things I didn't miss from Long War, playing the overwatch game of who gets impatient enough first is like, #2.

The problem is less the AI, and more that if the enemy plays optimally you have no real proper means to bust overwatch. No suppression, no smoke, no medkit. Just cover destruction in thrown grenade range. The AI would be great if the toolbox was expanded early game.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Is there any news about an enemy within style super-dlc for this one? The current DLC is ok and the next one is also just another mission and an extra class. Any news on more + cooler stuff...?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Not yet afaik. They just announced the next civ so I'm not holding my breath. Also it took more than a year for EW to come out.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

dyzzy posted:

Not yet afaik. They just announced the next civ so I'm not holding my breath. Also it took more than a year for EW to come out.

After they had Slingshot which everyone hated and panned they went dark for a while and rolled their second planned mini-DLC (Furies) into the big EW package.

My guess is that we won't hear about an EW-equivalent until after the Shen DLC release at earliest. And it probably won't come out until next year.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Zore posted:

After they had Slingshot which everyone hated and panned they went dark for a while and rolled their second planned mini-DLC (Furies) into the big EW package.

My guess is that we won't hear about an EW-equivalent until after the Shen DLC release at earliest. And it probably won't come out until next year.

I liked Slingshot :( Except for the douchedisc

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
It might have received a little too much flak for what it was? The story goes that they saw the reaction and decided to make EW though, so mixed feelings there.

I liked the missions conceptually. Besides the first one, they did some cool things like a time constrained objective and clearing a battleship way before you normally get to. Speaking of which, an XCOM 2 DLC to do a proper alien battleship mission would be rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, tbh I really liked the various setpiece missions Slingshot and EW added as a way to spice up the formula. The fury missions, Exalt Base assault, early Battleship and Fishing Village were all really interesting and unique challenges.