Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
you at least gotta up it to UV come on

Nightmare is the real difficulty jump, it's tough, like at least the difference between Heroic and Legendary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Normal is fine for me :shobon:

I have beaten large chunks of Uncharted 2 and 3 on crushing because I am a literal insane person. It pretty much becomes a puzzle game on that difficulty and it's cool.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

littleorv posted:

I have beaten large chunks of Uncharted 2 and 3 on crushing because I am a literal insane person. It pretty much becomes a puzzle game on that difficulty and it's cool.

This but for all of CoD4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

littleorv posted:

I played UC 3 on crushing when I went through the PS4 collection recently since I'd already beaten it once on normal. Wasn't that bad apart from a couple of encounters, the loving ship ballroom and the bit in the sandstorm just after you meet back up with Sully, ugh.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Knorth posted:

This but for all of CoD4

my favorite was the big room with all the computers when you're Vasquez, and the respawn point is,, a bunch of shelves or something. I think it's a radio station?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I started playing CoD 2 on the highest difficulty once, after mostly finishing the Russian campaign I hit the 360 progress deleting bug and never played it again.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I played UC 3 on crushing when I went through the PS4 collection recently since I'd already beaten it once on normal. Wasn't that bad apart from a couple of encounters, the loving ship ballroom and the bit in the sandstorm just after you meet back up with Sully, ugh.

The ballroom is really hard when you're not focused on getting the grenade launcher one of the guys who drops down has. It seems like suicide, but when the second half of the encounter starts, you start by rushing the upper level (if you restart from the checkpoint, you're always at the bottom of the ballroom), taking out the guy in the center of the upper balcony, he drops a grenade launcher, you take it, then get behind cover and blow everyone to hell who shows up afterwards, especially the armored guy.

Now, you think Crushing's hard, Brutal's a whole other (very unfun) ballgame. The final chapter of Drake's Fortune on Brutal is one of the hardest things I've ever done in my 15+ year gaming career. Basically, on Brutal you will die from anything in two regular shots, assault rifles usually taking three. Strangely, it's the Uzi guys who can kill you the fastest.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Space Flower posted:

my favorite was the big room with all the computers when you're Vasquez, and the respawn point is,, a bunch of shelves or something. I think it's a radio station?

It was a few years ago now, but I think~ I remember the level. You're trying to invade a tv station or something?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sylphid posted:

The ballroom is really hard when you're not focused on getting the grenade launcher one of the guys who drops down has. It seems like suicide, but when the second half of the encounter starts, you start by taking out the guy in the center of the upper balcony, he drops a grenade launcher, you take it, then get behind cover and blow everyone to hell who shows up afterwards, especially the armored guy.

Now, you think Crushing's hard, Brutal's a whole other (very unfun) ballgame. The final chapter of Drake's Fortune on Brutal is one of the hardest things I've ever done in my 15+ year gaming career. Basically, on Brutal you will die from anything in two regular shots, assault rifles usually taking three. Strangely, it's the Uzi guys who can kill you the fastest.

Yeah, there's a reason I didn't bother with brutal. :v:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I kind of really liked the puzzle that game became on that difficulty, it felt more abstracted than just the trashy American shootmans game

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, there's a reason I didn't bother with brutal. :v:

I will say that UC2 and 3 are not *that* hard on Brutal, at least not especially moreso than Crushing. Same strategies basically apply, and I would say that Drake's Fortune Brutal is far and away the hardest of the three games. You just have to be prepared to die one whole hell of a lot.

Speaking of which, we should play some UC4 online sometime.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sylphid posted:

I will say that UC2 and 3 are not *that* hard on Brutal, at least not especially moreso than Crushing. Same strategies basically apply, and I would say that Drake's Fortune Brutal is far and away the hardest of the three games. You just have to be prepared to die one whole hell of a lot.

Speaking of which, we should play some UC4 online sometime.

I will if/when they add co-op stuff, I don't play competitive multiplayer like ever though, sorry

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I will if/when they add co-op stuff, I don't play competitive multiplayer like ever though, sorry

Ah, too bad. One more anecdote about Drake's Fortune I'll share is in the last real part of Drake's Fortune's final chapter, you have to do a QTE to dodge a falling crate to begin the final shootout segment of the game. Right after you do that QTE, a couple goons run down the stairs and fire at you. Basically, because you take real damage there while Drake is recovering from the roll, there's a 50 / 50 chance you'll die without being able to do anything about it. You have to count on those jokers missing long enough for you to instantly go into cover. It's a wonderful bit of design right there.

If there wasn't a checkpoint right before that QTE, I probably would have torn my hair out before I got that trophy. After how hard the second part is, the fact you can die pretty much instantly through no fault of your own is really, really unfair.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hah, yeah, I saw gifs of that bit, another reason why brutal was a giant nope

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Knorth posted:

It was a few years ago now, but I think~ I remember the level. You're trying to invade a tv station or something?

yeah. that's just the level that stands out when i recall veteran, because it was my first time drinking in—gasp—high school, with some normie friends. we got stuck at like, the last checkpoint for hours.

it was p fun with how you had to try and like, pick off one dude at a time while always being aware of the others and all of the sniper positions and such. Halo LASO probably better though, certainly so with multiplayer.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I tried to play Halo (1) on Legendary a couple of months ago out of a vague desire for completion, I mean, how hard can it really be, then I stopped after I'd been playing for 2 hours and barely made it away from the landing site. Didn't help that I hadn't played Halo at all for years but even so.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Polsy posted:

I tried to play Halo (1) on Legendary a couple of months ago out of a vague desire for completion, I mean, how hard can it really be, then I stopped after I'd been playing for 2 hours and barely made it away from the landing site. Didn't help that I hadn't played Halo at all for years but even so.

I remember when Halo 2 came out and everyone was like 'at least play on Heroic' and I tried that for like two stages then started again on normal, it was no fun at all.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thank you, whoever rebought Burbo his good av.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I remember when Halo 2 came out and everyone was like 'at least play on Heroic' and I tried that for like two stages then started again on normal, it was no fun at all.

The secret is that it's completely okay to put video games on the lowest difficulty setting because most of the time a higher difficulty just means "enemies get more HP and do more damage," which is boring and tedious.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Space Flower posted:

yeah. that's just the level that stands out when i recall veteran, because it was my first time drinking in—gasp—high school, with some normie friends. we got stuck at like, the last checkpoint for hours.

it was p fun with how you had to try and like, pick off one dude at a time while always being aware of the others and all of the sniper positions and such. Halo LASO probably better though, certainly so with multiplayer.

I only played the highest difficulty on Halo a few times but I remember finding it more frustrating than CoD4. Don't really remember why though

but yeah, all that working out the safe angles and having to time things super tightly in cod was actually pretty fun

Knorth fucked around with this message at 10:09 on May 20, 2016

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
truthfully not excited for the CoD4 remake, but not for the usual reasons. There's no Javelin, and the M4 ACOG has a totally different profile and feel from the other two games. Those were my two favorite things ever, and so going back to the first MW is just not as good.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
wish my full-team Javelin kill in Terminal wasn't deleted by youtube's schmucks...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm not excited for the CoD4 remake because CoD games flat out aren't designed to be played with mouse and keyboard. Their design completely breaks down when players can do shocking things like "turn around quickly" and "sprint and jump at the same time while shooting."

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 20, 2016

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
They are demolishing and rebuilding the house next door. Now there's a big rear end truck outside doing a super loud humming noise and I feel like the people in Gantz must have felt shortly before their heads got exploded from withing. Someone save me.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

K. Flaps posted:

They are demolishing and rebuilding the house next door. Now there's a big rear end truck outside doing a super loud humming noise and I feel like the people in Gantz must have felt shortly before their heads got exploded from withing. Someone save me.

get someone to take a video of your head exploding

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Quest For Glory II posted:

i've seen 4 eps of my hero academia and im actually disappointed the kid got a power I was hopin he'd just outsmart villains or save the day with reckless idiocy

:same: But I would like to say, it's still very good even though I think that if he had just become Batman, it would have been a much stronger story, in terms of theme and uniqueness (Yes, the irony of this statement does not go unnoticed)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

K. Flaps posted:

Buy earplugs/ A really boss sound system.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

I hope you had a good day today my friend Burbo :)

We all have our hard times but eventually with enough strength and perseverance we can get through them.

Did Parmesan Basil finally kill someone and take over their account?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Without the 765 logo, I wouldn't be able to tell if that's an idol dressed like a satellite or a modernised shipgirl.

Also, wow, SA is dead today.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Also, wow, SA is dead today.

Yeah, it was 3 minutes after I posted that before anyone else viewed it, I wasn't sure I hadn't done it wrong somehow. Basically unheard of for chat thread.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Thank you, whoever rebought Burbo his good av.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nice antenna hair

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
GUTEN EVENING GUTENSCHTAPELS.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012