Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

TontoCorazon posted:

The super serious tone in this video is super loving funny.

I love how they end the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xruwaon6OBk
TICKLED!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

TontoCorazon posted:

The super serious tone in this video is super loving funny.

I'm super interested in it cause of that. It starts off light and then the trailer is like "listen no this is actually hosed up" and now I really want to see it.

Which, if I recall, is exactly how the Dollop went down.

Which, if I recall, is how almost every Dollop goes down.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 12, 2016

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Love stories about lunatics who get a bunch of money so today's ep was solid

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah, a lot of the "crazy/racist poo poo in the 1800s" episodes kind of blend together after a while so it was nice to get a change of pace like that.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

*beepbeep*

Hrrerrurhhhh

*beepbeep*

Ehrrrerrrrhherrrrr

*beepbeep*

Grrrahherrrrrrhhhhhehhhhrrrrrr

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

they should do one on Angola prison. that's certainly dark and surreal enough to satisfy anyone getting bored of 'bad things from the 1800s'i think that would top any other subject they could possibly do, and it honestly might be too heavy and surreal to be funny anymore. i'm not sure gary would make it

hint: it's nicknamed Angola because that's where the prisoners came from

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_State_Penitentiary#History

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 12, 2016

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I like the 1800s Dollops but something about how much more detail we usually have for the more recent ones (and just the fact that they're more recent) usually makes them more fun.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I like the 1800s Dollops but something about how much more detail we usually have for the more recent ones (and just the fact that they're more recent) usually makes them more fun.

I agree. The John 316 Rainbow Man episode, the Tank Chase episode, and the Armored Turtle Jail Breakout episodes were all since 1900 and they're some of the best episodes. Then again, I just listened to the Ouija Boards episode today and that one was really good too.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

After hearing about the Know Nothing party in multiple dollops I figured it was only a matter of time before they got their own

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

AriadneThread posted:

disco demolition night is magical

This is the third episode I listened too. The first being the willy dee and the second being the live lincoln/booth/everdrunk. We almost crashed twice from laughing so hard.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
The Willy Dee is probably my favorite episode overall, but I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a Dollop as I did at "This tastes like exploded sky bear!" in the Kentucky Meat shower episode.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Oh hey, the Hard Hat Riots! If you wonder how unions got such a bad rap in america, well... this'll tell you why.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 19, 2016

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

first a straw hat riot
now a hard hat riot
what other hat riots could we have?

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

oh dope posted:

The Willy Dee is probably my favorite episode overall, but I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a Dollop as I did at "This tastes like exploded sky bear!" in the Kentucky Meat shower episode.

"I'm a vegetarian, I have an asterisk for sky meat"

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

AriadneThread posted:

first a straw hat riot
now a hard hat riot
what other hat riots could we have?

Top hat
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hetherington

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

holy poo poo human beings are so dumb when it comes to hats.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Wasn't that in one of the real early episodes.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Firstscion posted:

Wasn't that in one of the real early episodes.
It's the prologue of the Straw Hat Riot episode

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I somehow skipped the Kentucky Meat Shower episode. God drat that was a great episode.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

I prefer the modern episodes personally, partly because theres more info available and partly because it's amusing to think that the nut-cases they're talking about are (possibly) still alive,

My absolute favourite is the Bayou of Pigs episode, which doesn't seem to get enough love around here. If you haven't listened to it you must do so right away, it's just the craziest story. Plus it has my favourite Gary riff of all time.

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/136-bayou-of-pigs

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
oh boy if you like dollops about recent history today's is just a barrel of laffs

It's the one everyone knew Dave was gonna do at some point. I feel as broken as Gary right now.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
My cat's sick. I don't think I need this right now.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Boy, the stories of people profiting from true, unmitigated evil and getting away with it are hard to get through sometimes.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The Oofty Goofty episode. Man oh man, what is it about Gareth completely losing it over the name Oofty Goofty that makes my day.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BeigeJacket posted:

I prefer the modern episodes personally, partly because theres more info available and partly because it's amusing to think that the nut-cases they're talking about are (possibly) still alive,

My absolute favourite is the Bayou of Pigs episode, which doesn't seem to get enough love around here. If you haven't listened to it you must do so right away, it's just the craziest story. Plus it has my favourite Gary riff of all time.

http://thedollop.libsyn.com/136-bayou-of-pigs

My favorites are easily the ones where it's about old stuff which turns out to have modern consequences, and Gary's head explodes (the best example being, of course, the cereal men).

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 31, 2016

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

I assume that's her hammer thrower boyfriend on the right. (That's me on the bottom)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's with all the mentions of people wearing bathing suits during these races? What effect would that have?

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

rotinaj posted:

What's with all the mentions of people wearing bathing suits during these races? What effect would that have?

My guess would be that athletic wear designed just for running wasn't a thing yet so stuff for swimming was light years better than running in sweatpants or jorts or whatever else was an alternative.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
This is only dollop adjacent, but if you want more Dave Anthony, he plays himself in the Chicago episode of Hidden America with Jonah Ray.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
This last Dollop on the Whiskey Rebellion was really, really good. Pro listen.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

lol seems like hillary supporters drove dave off of twitter rip

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
Dave should just steer clear of Twitter entirely, he doesn't seem to enjoy the experience

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
https://mobile.twitter.com/carl_diggler

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Dave falling into the hole of Extremely Woke twitter is shameful but I hope it won't further his habits or quality of the Dollop.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Carl Diggler will have his pound of flesh.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Is anyone surprised by this? The last couple of weeks were building towards a meltdown.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

christ, what happened this time

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AriadneThread posted:

christ, what happened this time

Yeah, I hadn't seen him flipping out or anything, but I only look at Twitter once in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Has he admitted that he's voting for Trump yet?