Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

App13 posted:

Real talk: how do I deal with a very socially unaware autistic person literally and physically interjecting himself into all of my conversations, including those with my lab partner whom I most certainly want to bang?

If he is actually an Autist, hit him up 1 on 1 and let him know.

Not about the banging because then he is a liability who might blow your chances, but something like you don't mind him, but you and your lab partner are trying to do something in class and its interrupting you.

If he is just insufferable human trash, hit him up 1 on 1 and kick him in the nuts for cockblocking you, brosef.

Those would be my solutions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

App13 posted:

Real talk: how do I deal with a very socially unaware autistic person literally and physically interjecting himself into all of my conversations, including those with my lab partner whom I most certainly want to bang?

Look them in the face and tell them to gently caress off?

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

App13 posted:

-guy turning to internet message board for suggestions for handling social situations

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

App13 posted:

Challenge him to a dance-off. The loser will have to drop the lab in shame.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Ask him if he likes my little pony and if he does say "well I don't but that guy over there does, I heard him talking about it you should go talk to him"

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

App13 posted:

savagely beat him to within an inch of his life in front of your lab partner. this will establish your alpha dominance and then the female will present herself to you

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

App13 posted:

Real talk she will probably appreciate a mature response & a little patience over some douchebro move, many women like adults. Just give her a wink and a smile while letting him interrupt you because you're a chill, relaxed dude.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Zeris posted:

Real talk she will probably appreciate a mature response & a little patience over some douchebro move, many women like adults. Just give her a wink and a smile while letting him interrupt you because you're a chill, relaxed dude.

Don't listen to this late 90s teen romance movie bullshit.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
You can assert your dominance and get her thinking about bumpin' uglies if you stuff your dick up that guy's butt.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Naked Bear posted:

You can assert your dominance and get her thinking about bumpin' uglies if you stuff your dick up that guy's butt.

This is my chosen solution.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

-guy turning to internet message board for suggestions for handling social situations

this response needs more love

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Just be polite, and when it gets to be much just say "Hey, we're kind of busy, do you mind if we got back to it?" or whatever variation.

I also officially applied to USD yesterday. I really really hope that I can get in. Apparently their yellow ribbon program and the 9/11 bill will cover 3/4 of annual tuition. Does Voc Rehab cover more?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Voc Rehab covers everything.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Voc Rehab covers everything.

*looks at pigma micron pen*

Confirmed

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Pro as gently caress online dating strats

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Good week for sick burns

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

Pro as gently caress online dating strats

A fellow student vet showed me how he just copy/pastes (on Tinder) to a dozen women at a time, "Hey, wanna shotgun beers and get naked?" and it's so outrageous / stupid / forward that it actually works as an opening. The response rate is solid. He's more of a mass-matcher who believes in solving the rigid-dick problem in a timely manner rather than an ideal manner, but I can't argue with his results or ratios.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Zeris posted:

A fellow student vet showed me how he just copy/pastes (on Tinder) to a dozen women at a time, "Hey, wanna shotgun beers and get naked?" and it's so outrageous / stupid / forward that it actually works as an opening. The response rate is solid. He's more of a mass-matcher who believes in solving the rigid-dick problem in a timely manner rather than an ideal manner, but I can't argue with his results or ratios.

That's good hustling right there

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

App13 posted:

*looks at pigma micron pen*

Confirmed

My voc rehab case manager told me a story about a guy that was buying his energy drinks in bulk from the book store on the VA's dime and they withheld his BAH until it was paid back so apparently they aren't down with everything.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
If you ask for it and can demonstrate an absolute need for something VR&E will pay for it.

It's not honestly that hard. My counselor gave me laptop and backpack just for starting college. If I need a high end computer to do any stuff she said she can get me one, but I'd need to show a need. I.E. Lots of AutoCAD work.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's stories of dudes getting retardedly expensive welding kits (like 15k) and other assorted goodies.

Best I've personally got is a student of mine got some stupid expensive wacom tablet (for his wife) because he was taking an intro to drawing course. Thing was like I don't know, a few grand easily.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Welfare Queens indeed.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

If only they'd asked Trump whether he's in favor of Voc Rehab

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Zeris posted:

If only they'd asked Trump whether he's in favor of Voc Rehab

gently caress no! Let them rot in prison! America needs to be great again, not letting criminals back on the street!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

gently caress no! Let them rot in prison! America needs to be great again, not letting criminals back on the street!

unironically agreeing with this

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Gotten almost all my grades back. One A, three A-, one P (in a class that I legitimately thought I failed) and one class left to grade.

Feels good bros :)

Time Crisis Actor fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 20, 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Nice job, Deathy.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If there's anything I wished I did regarding undergrad grades, it's to take the P/F option when available. I could have gotten away with 15 credits worth as long as they weren't in my core requirements. So that's uh, Spanish 1 & 2 and some other misc GE classes that I knew going into the class I would barely pass because of lack of effort.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So my dad just told me that he will be paying for my graduation costs for my AA which is nice cause it's like 300 bucks and i need all the money I can get moving to California.

Speaking of, so they transport my household goods and my family there right? How many cars do they ship, also if I choose to drive down there, how would I get paid for the travel?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
For your ETS? I don't think the army will transport vehicles for CONUS moves. You should get the standard mileage (I think its around .26/mile in this case) and the regular DITY or have them pack it up and move it for you options.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Did any of you war criminals walk during radiation? My school fedex'ed my degree so that's all I need.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

holocaust bloopers posted:

Did any of you war criminals walk during radiation? My school fedex'ed my degree so that's all I need.

I gotta get a job, don't have time to gently caress around with 21year olds

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Soulex posted:

So my dad just told me that he will be paying for my graduation costs for my AA which is nice cause it's like 300 bucks and i need all the money I can get moving to California.

Speaking of, so they transport my household goods and my family there right? How many cars do they ship, also if I choose to drive down there, how would I get paid for the travel?

Coming to and from an oconus spot they will ship one vehicle and any motorcycles/scooters are shipped with HHG and just go against your overall weight allowance.

Inside CONUS I'm not sure if they'll ship a car or not.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Didn't for high school or community college. The bachelors actually feels like an accomplishment so I'm planning on it this time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I did for high school, did not for AA or BS, and did a few weeks ago for law school.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Planning on it. I even have my graduation beer picked out - http://blog.samueladams.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-2013-release-of-utopias/

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Why not this one?
http://www.veteranbeercompany.com

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Because Utopias is the greatest beer that has ever been brewed. It's also like $200 a bottle.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Import some Airborne, also buy the helmet mug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Deathy McDeath posted:

Because Utopias is the greatest beer that has ever been brewed. It's also like $200 a bottle.

I've had it, a friend got a few bottles for the groomsmen at his wedding last year

It was ok, couldn't believe that he paid almost $200 a bottle for what tastes like a slight richer Sam Adams Tetravis, which is $12 a bottle

• Locked thread