Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

BrokenKnees posted:

Yes, just go to "my games and app" and select manage game and any you've bought should show up under "ready to install".

Sick. Ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SubponticatePoster posted:

I'm assuming it's just a pool of xb1 players? Because I still have blops2 and a 360, could be arsed to pay for a month this weekend if there's cross play.

According to MS' press release, multiplayer is fully backwards compatible, as it's emulating the console. It will be 360 and Bone players.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

According to MS' press release, multiplayer is fully backwards compatible, as it's emulating the console. It will be 360 and Bone players.
Well, alright then. Guess I'll find a 30 day code somewhere.

e: anyone else want to buddy up on 360/bone?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

I'm assuming it's just a pool of xb1 players? Because I still have blops2 and a 360, could be arsed to pay for a month this weekend if there's cross play.

Blops2 isn't backwards compatible at the moment.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Wazzit posted:

Blops2 isn't backwards compatible at the moment.
Buh?

bear is driving! posted:

Yes. I played for a few hours with some friends last night and it was loving amazing. It took a little time to get used to, but staying on the ground is so much better. You could tell a lot of people weren't used to it by all the bunny hopping going on.

If that's wrong let me know, I was gonna get on tonight on the ol' 360 with a xb1-having friend.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Did people playing on consoles not know how to bunny hop before CoD explicitly gave them jetpacks for doing it?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Because I still have blops2 and a 360

Typo?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
:lol: gently caress. Well, I never said I was smart. Plan still works, I'll just need to pick up some xbucks on top of the gold sub

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

Did people playing on consoles not know how to bunny hop before CoD explicitly gave them jetpacks for doing it?

There wasn't much reason to do it.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
As far as I know bhopping has never given you any sort of speed boost in COD and the jump height on its own isn't enough to make anyone miss if they're aiming for head or chest, so yeah until there were little thrusters there wasn't much to be gained from it.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Geight posted:

As far as I know bhopping has never given you any sort of speed boost in COD and the jump height on its own isn't enough to make anyone miss if they're aiming for head or chest, so yeah until there were little thrusters there wasn't much to be gained from it.

There was one map in AW that had a bunny hopping exploit. The ma with the giant digger and ruins had a hill you could bunny hop down. As long as you kept hopping after getting to the bottom you'd keep all momentum and be able to zoom around the map as long as you didn't use your thrusters.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Geight posted:

It'll make people miss your head.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

bear is driving! posted:

Yes. I played for a few hours with some friends last night and it was loving amazing. It took a little time to get used to, but staying on the ground is so much better. You could tell a lot of people weren't used to it by all the bunny hopping going on.

I guess I'll buy it if people are going to play it again.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mill Village posted:

I guess I'll buy it if people are going to play it again.

poo poo am I gonna wanna buy a Blops 1 pack or

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
I'd give my left to be able to play Blops 1. AUG all day.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
Double weapon XP this weekend. Time to grind out some weapon prestiges.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Troutz posted:

Double weapon XP this weekend. Time to grind out some weapon prestiges.

That doesn't help me with getting head shots :qq:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So are they just gonna fire various kinda of 2x at us every weekend for the rest of BOIII's life cycle?

'Cause I can live with that. Let's go get some kill counters. :toot:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Double post somehow? :shrug:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I think ever since March there has been a 2X every single weekend.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

treyarch do the following:

1. turn on 2x crypto keys
2. walk away

thnx

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

3. Actually add contracts.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

housefly posted:

treyarch do the following:

1. turn on 2x crypto keys
2. walk away

thnx

Try like, 5x.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

3. Actually add contracts.

4. Actually implement all the other missing features in the game, such as community theater and profile showcases

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

VJeff posted:

Try like, 5x.

I can get behind this.

Also the contracts. I'd actually prefer that method of grinding. We'll see where it nets out.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

For the PC do the 2x Headquarters thing you did recently, but for every game mode rotating every couple of days so I can play something besides TDM/Dom/Nuketown Mosh please.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I can't seem to buy BLOPS 1 on my Xbone.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

I can't seem to buy BLOPS 1 on my Xbone.

Why don't you still have the disk?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Did they accidentally upload the launch version of BLOPS 1? I don't remember the multiplayer being so laggy back when I played it in 2012.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Mill Village posted:

Did they accidentally upload the launch version of BLOPS 1? I don't remember the multiplayer being so laggy back when I played it in 2012.

Yeah, that's why I gave up and took off Mill. It's super laggy most games. You get a good few now and again (like the first 2 where I went 25-5), but then you get lagfests and it's terribly unfun :saddowns:

Edit: When it's not lagged all to hell it's AWESOME. No double jumping wall running bullshit is like manna from heaven. However, most games are so janky it's hard to play for an extended period.

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 20, 2016

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Played for an hour...2 new maps. Got Havok twice.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

hmm, the remap board you'd need for your own Scuf is easily available for the DS4

I just might become one of the "jumping pieces of poo poo" myself :getin:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

VJeff posted:

So are they just gonna fire various kinda of 2x at us every weekend for the rest of BOIII's life cycle?

'Cause I can live with that. Let's go get some kill counters. :toot:

It kind of reminds me of the one time they had turned on Double XP for MW2, i think for a map pack lauching or something, and they just forgot/didn't care to turn it off for goddamn months.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Godzilla07 posted:

hmm, the remap board you'd need for your own Scuf is easily available for the DS4

Interesting. Is there an install guide on this? Guessing you'd have to cut out holes for the buttons, etc.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
My wife is requesting me to change her ringtone to one of Macy's "Godammit" or "Jesus loving christ". She is always sad when I join a game and Macy's isn't in the group.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

jase1 posted:

My wife is requesting me to change her ringtone to one of Macy's "Godammit" or "Jesus loving christ". She is always sad when I join a game and Macy's isn't in the group.

This post is so terribly sad and depressing. I can't stop re-reading it and feeling really sorry for you and your wife. Get well soon :(

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

housefly posted:

Interesting. Is there an install guide on this? Guessing you'd have to cut out holes for the buttons, etc.

This guy has a bunch of videos on YouTube on the subject, and I think this is a PDF version of the remap chip installation instructions.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Godzilla07 posted:

Can't remap R3, so it's useless.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Godzilla07 posted:

pretty sure this is detectable and bannable depending on what you try to do with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
If it's the same motherboard that are in scuf controllers then they shouldn't violate the TOS.

• Locked thread