Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

cyclonic posted:

Last item in Arena - why not :shrug:

Yeah if I see a weird item in the last slot for arena, i'm going to assume they ran out of time and just went with whatever they could get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

cyclonic posted:

Also since it's Arena, gimmick builds are fun. Wait for 3.8 patch and if Wind Demon is getting the passive it's supposed to be geting:
Fatalis, Wind Demon, Asi, Titan's Bane/Brawler's/Jotunn's (depends on who you're against), Rage/Death Bringer/Malice

My no-boots hunter gimmick build looks like is going to creep in casual games. Apparently it was used in a SPL game today. And:

https://twitter.com/SnoopyMang/status/731818041160437760

When you put enough +movement on items that are not boots, people are gonna start skipping boots because of how crappy boots are now. It was doable before, but when a crazy item like Wind Demon exists it's like why would you build boots.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Susano build ideas for arena, anyone?

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

May I, KeywordSkeletons, have an invite to our illustrious clan?

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Pimp Drakula posted:

May I, KeywordSkeletons, have an invite to our illustrious clan?

Invite sent!

Turpitude posted:

Susano build ideas for arena, anyone?

I haven't played him yet - this is me just theorycrafting so I haven't had a chance to test any builds on him (I don't know how expensive this is or how the power curve "feels").

If he's supposed to be this harassing in and out assassin that's not supposed to 100-0 someone, try this bruiser build:
Warrior boots, Urchin, Transcendence, Jotunn's, Brawler's (if you want to focus squishies) or Titan's Bane (if you want to put pressure on tanks/warriors), Shifter's Shield, Void Shield/Runic Shield.
The intent is to play him more like a warrior - try to be super annoying: harass a lot with your 1, bait abilities, chase/pull people down and hope your team capitalizes on it. There should still be enough physical power in there to chase and take out people who are low though.

Alternative assassin/gank build:
Warrior boots, Transcendence, Jotunn's, Malice, Shifter's Shield, Bloodforge/Titan's Bane/BoV/Genji's. Item order according to how you're doing (Urchin earlier if you're getting focused a lot, otherwise rush Malice/Bloodforge when possible).
This is the attempt to 100-0 squishies. If you're doing real well, work in more penetration items (Stone Cutting Sword) or try to cap CDR. Again - I have not played him yet so I don't have an idea of how squishy he is or if you can in fact 100-0 someone. I'm assuming an all-offense build will work if you sort of play him like Mercury - pick your fights but if you're getting targeted you need to bail.

edit-
FYI this is what people are most commonly building accordingly to Smiteguru:
Warrior Boots, Jotunn's, Transcendence, Titan's Bane, Blood Forge, Stone Cutting Sword.

There's a couple items in there that people are getting that I want to comment on:
Heartseeker - I don't know how often you'll be getting all 5 auto-attacks in to benefit off this item. You might as well get Shifter's Shield instead. Otherwise I sort of see this as an option to replace boots if you want to rely on your passive more for movement, but I'd rather take Winged Blade.
Deathbringer - why not Malice instead? It's cheaper and boosts physical power which is what you should be building anyways.
Ninja Tabi - WHY

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 13:15 on May 16, 2016

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've been running him with warrior tabi, jotunns, brawlers, bloodforge, heartseeker (i get the 5 basic attacks off on the buff minions) and titans. My last game with him had me hitting almost 50k damage with him.

http://smite.guru/match/hr/249941829

It's pretty silly, throw in a sprint and a curse if you think you can get away from any hard CC without it (in this case, I had a decent team around me and they had pitiful CC).

If you play against another assassin who is wrecking you, swap out brawlers for Hide Of The Nemean Lion and then replace heartseeker with brawlers. This usually applys to loki, because he likes to grab me just after my ridiculous escapes and I find it gives me enough time to slip away.

Edit:

On that note, its worth experimenting with him. I've tried crits on him (surprisingly effective if you're like me and get in the habit of using your pull and teleport to get in a sneaky hit when your 1 is on cooldown). I've tried building him slightly tankier which suits his skirmisher ability more. Mail Of Renewal is great for slashing your way through a team, especially when you have bloodforge.

I gave hastened fatalis a go but against better players that would have sucked.

E2: Here's a clash, where I think he's a bit more powerful. Mail was not built first.

http://smite.guru/match/hr/248635182

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 16, 2016

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
I think it's hilarious how HiRez and even Goons have said that Susano can't 100-0 people, but every time I've seen him played, he 100-0's people in under 2 seconds.

HiRez is loving retarded... Math is hard.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Haven't been able to play newest patch because of baby duties. He Bro can 100-0 someone in about that fast, are these Susans building all damage, are they ahead by lots of kills, are they 100-0ing only squishies? I assume he has to blow his ult and he sticks to someone with his abilities and does a bunch of crits before they can get away? Or is it ability damage? We all know Hi Rez releases some mega broken gods see: Xing. Just wondering how Susan is broken right now

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Turpitude posted:

Haven't been able to play newest patch because of baby duties. He Bro can 100-0 someone in about that fast, are these Susans building all damage, are they ahead by lots of kills, are they 100-0ing only squishies? I assume he has to blow his ult and he sticks to someone with his abilities and does a bunch of crits before they can get away? Or is it ability damage? We all know Hi Rez releases some mega broken gods see: Xing. Just wondering how Susan is broken right now

It's a math problem... they give him an ability that hits twice with 90% scaling, in addition to his other abilities plus his mobility and he can in-and-out 100-0 somebody with little skill.

It's a HiRez tradition, make a character that requires no skill so people feel like they're good at the game. Money bro... MONEY

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I did a hyper joust today and rolled Poseidon vs Susanoo, and I kept just barely killing him. He got me once but by the time the score was 7-1 and he was three levels behind he just gave up.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Coca is over-exaggerating a little bit. I've already hit mastery 2 on Susano and while i'm winning most of my games with them and doing a shitton of damage, its mainly against people who aren't paying attention and aren't shutting me down.

Conversely, I played one match with a geb on the enemy side and suddenly i couldn't do poo poo. I was relegated to jumping in and knocking off the last 50% of someones health. Honestly I don't think the damage is the problem, its the truly insane mobility. I find that I could only really 100 - 0 people if i'm building damage and I get a good headstart on gold, so I can get my power ahead early. I mean, compared to other assassins, he's just more difficult to deal with.

Take Thor for instance, he has more utility, can hit from further away, has a global ult and can really destroy a squishy backline. The downside is he can't get out as easy if you use your hammer throw for damage/engaging. Susano on the other hand can pull you at him, double slash and get away, then throw the teleport to put him out of anything but ultimate range.

Fenrir/Bastet/Serqet also have comparable damage.

I'd say make him a bit slower and possibly reduce the range/increase the cooldown of his teleport. Damage wise he's an assassin and the scaling isn't that bad (i'm not overly fussed about him being able to really gently caress up squishys). It's just competing with the top damage assassins and he can probably do with what, a 10/15% scaling reduction? If i'm 100 - 0ing a god, usually its because i have used my entire kit on them and i've still had to auto attack after, unless they've been hit by something before I get there.

TL:DR?

It's all ability damage, the cooldowns need a nerf and he can move way to loving fast for most players to deal with. If you excel at mobility gods, you will wreck face with susano. If you get caught, you die.

E: probably sperged out a bit there, apologies.

CaPensiPraxis
Feb 7, 2013

When in france...
Could I get a clan invite? I have the shockingly original name CPPraxis.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Posting for goon clan membership on Rybonius. I'm pretty new to MOBAs and have mostly been doing Joust/Arena/Siege so far.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

My two FP chests I grinded over the weekend gave me two recolors: Susano recolor, and Stargazer recolor (Adjudicator) :emo:

CaPensiPraxis posted:

Could I get a clan invite? I have the shockingly original name CPPraxis.

fool_of_sound posted:

Posting for goon clan membership on Rybonius. I'm pretty new to MOBAs and have mostly been doing Joust/Arena/Siege so far.

Invites sent!

btw KeywordSkeletons has 38 hours to accept as of this post.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I got Crimson Ops Bastet, which was actually nice because I didn't own the original skin :v:

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Next event (similar to the Underworld one we just did) announced.

http://www.smitegame.com/viking-invasion/

Norse event/promotion for Dreamhack.

900 gems to unlock a bundle, and quest progressions that unlocks/upgrades more skins. Looks like you can't even do the quests unless you pay the 900 gems first.

So it's more like the Season Ticket than the Underworld event.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Ymir announcer pack? Sure i'm in

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Speaking of Ymir, what other gods play a lot like him?

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Kumbha or Bacchus.

Kumbha trades in area damage for single-target damage and slightly more mobility.

Bacchus trades in zoning/clearing potential for disruption, mobility, and tankiness.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I'd maybe say Athena cause their big CCs are both aoe cones. Athena is more mobile and has ~*global presence*~ though.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Patch notes are up: http://www.smitegame.com/new-in-smite-viking-invasion-3-9-pts-patch-notes/

As I predicted, Rat is boring rear end assassin. :rip: acorn tree

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

cyclonic posted:

Patch notes are up: http://www.smitegame.com/new-in-smite-viking-invasion-3-9-pts-patch-notes/

As I predicted, Rat is boring rear end assassin. :rip: acorn tree

WTF HiRez? This is the exact opposite of what I said! NERF Cabrakan don't buff him.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008
Yeah most rekits I can think of have been pretty lame and taken away a lot of the uniqueness of the god. I guess Kali was ok, but Arachne, Odin, Nu Wa and Vulcan all took out really fun interesting parts of the kit.

Shake n bake and Arachne pulls were so much fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yPbmAbFLow&t=30s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM_r20ZNfzM&t=20s

For those that aren't familiar

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Wastid posted:

Yeah most rekits I can think of have been pretty lame and taken away a lot of the uniqueness of the god. I guess Kali was ok, but Arachne, Odin, Nu Wa and Vulcan all took out really fun interesting parts of the kit.

Shake n bake and Arachne pulls were so much fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yPbmAbFLow&t=30s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM_r20ZNfzM&t=20s

For those that aren't familiar

I sorta miss old arena's design and actually old Nu Wa's. I like that she was an in-hander.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I miss the old Arachne and NuWa the most.

Even without Shake and Bake, NuWa's old ult was cool.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Wastid posted:

Yeah most rekits I can think of have been pretty lame and taken away a lot of the uniqueness of the god.

Don't forget Zeus. They turned him into a hybrid boxer/burst mage into an EZ spammy burst mage. Part of me thinks the dumbing down of god kits is because of the console ports:

Ullr was made after the community kept demanding that skill be put back into skill shots (more things like Old Wa's flame strike, less things like Nemesis' ult or big circle targeters like Chaac's axe and Geb's ult). However, Ullr's win rate sits in the ~45ish% range, and it's even worse on consoles (the worst one being in Joust for PS4, 40.41% win rate).

Or its just HiRez trying to attract a wider fan base. I can see the old Rat acorn tree being overwhelming to a new Smite player, but the rekit acorn is a no-brainer now. Just upgrade it. And it says specifically it's supposed to replace boots.

On another note, I really wish they bring back Old Wa's ult in another kit. Put it on a guardian. Could you imagine if they gave it to Cabrakan and only he was allowed to shake n' bake if he tremored you? :swoon: And also, put Vulcan's current kit on some made up Mayan mage, then give him his old kit back as a guardian. Maybe change his ult so that he can deploy more turrets and get added on-hit effects or something.

edit-
Had to share this. It's awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgJk5v_b16Y

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 13:33 on May 19, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

cyclonic posted:

Or its just HiRez trying to attract a wider fan base.

There's probably a big market in 'the casual moba'. I know that I liked Smite because A) controller and B) it feels more forgiving of mistakes than my time on League did. Also Arena is fun and Joust/Siege are way better 'lite' modes than ARAM or the dumb gimmick modes in League.

e: Also being able to just buy all the gods forever at a reasonable price is cool. I haven't bothered yet, but I appreciate the option.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 19, 2016

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Man I caved like two weeks into it. 76 mastered gods later and I don't regret it in the slightest.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It's a great deal if you compare it to something like HoTS outrageous prices.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I lasted about 3 weeks. It's easily the best deal in all of MOBA-dom. Well, except for DOTA, but you have to be a weirdo to like that. :haw:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
I didn't last long either. Basically as soon as it went on sale for $20 I decided that I've spent $20 in worse ways. And it's well worth it, I think I've spent more time playing it than any other game in my steam library.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

It is a good day to be an ALG fan.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is the item store glitching out for anyone else? I go to buy my relics and it's a weird interface that only shows the relic slot icon. Consumables are messed up too.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Jimbot posted:

Is the item store glitching out for anyone else? I go to buy my relics and it's a weird interface that only shows the relic slot icon. Consumables are messed up too.

I've been having issues with going to the "recommended" item screen. Sometimes halfway through the match it just glitches out, and no items at all show. I usually use god builder on my gods before taking them out for a spin, so it's a little annoying.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
DryBear comes back to cast for a game and has the most appropriate reaction to seeing one of the newest Gods...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly83Wn9Acbs

"The last thing you want is to waste time when the waves are coming when you're backing to pick up items, then you lose a little bit of that experience and gold." - DryBear

coca bojangles fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 20, 2016

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Also what determines the matchmaking? For every 3 Clash I lose I win 1 and every single one of those is a one-sided stomp.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Also what determines the matchmaking? For every 3 Clash I lose I win 1 and every single one of those is a one-sided stomp.

Fairly sure it's Satan.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Jimbot posted:

Also what determines the matchmaking?

HiRez math. :pseudo:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Jimbot posted:

The matchmaking can be very spotty in this game, but that's also a side effect of Clash. It's supposed to be a quick game mode, so there is less opportunity for a comeback. Once your team really gets rolling, it turns into a curbstomp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, I know it's hard to recover in Clash just due to the mode but I'm mainly just talking about going from 0 to 100 or 100 to 0 from the get-go. Just getting completely outplayed or being saddled by people who thinking going solo into a group of the enemy would end well for them. They're not playing Susano either, so they don't have multiple means of escape.

Arena is probably the mode I like the most since more often than not I get into games where it's really close and that's always fun. I didn't think I would like Arena.

• Locked thread