Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jammyozzy posted:

Got to go the the WEC 6 hours of Spa at the weekend, took some snaps:

Album here

I've been to the Ring before but not Spa, it's an incredible track and if you get the opportunity you should totally go.

Great snaps! What was the atmosphere, food and general setup like? It's a toss up between Spa and Le Mans next year and the wife wants to come so I'm thinking of what may interest her too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

That Spa 6 hours was absolutely bananas. Such a shame the #5 Toyota went poof late.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

This whole weekend of racing has been pretty entertaining.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

julian assflange posted:

Great snaps! What was the atmosphere, food and general setup like? It's a toss up between Spa and Le Mans next year and the wife wants to come so I'm thinking of what may interest her too

I actually went for work so didn't get much of the atmosphere before the race started, but there was a very healthy crowd and everyone was having a good time. It's not a patch on the N24 but that's a whole different beast. I imagine Le Mans has far far more atmosphere because Spa is "only" a 6 hour race.

Food on track was standard burger van fare for us, but Francorchamps is less than a kilometer up the hill from the track entrance and has some good food. The Acqua Rossa pizzeria and Relais de Pommard steak house are great. Also take the opportunity to try Leffe on tap.

To be honest if it's a choice of one or the other I would do Le Mans first, the atomsphere will be much better even just from the volume of people, and I've been told Le Mans is just a weekend long booze-up which tallies with what happens at the N24. Spa is an amazing track to watch and walk around though.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty interested in going to spa next year for this or maybe the N24 also. Where did you stay, i've read that some people like to stay in Liege and then drive in which isnt so bad?

I've been to spa before but not on a race day, got to walk up Eau Rouge though! Btw if you like leffe on tap, the brewery isnt that too far away from Spa.

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 10, 2016

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
We stayed in a house about 300m as the crow flies from La Source, you could hear the wheel guns through the trees in the morning it was so close. I'll dig the details out when I get home.

*E* Here it is: http://www.booking.com/hotel/be/le-chalet-de-marguerite.en-gb.html

jammyozzy fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 10, 2016

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Watching the btcc from thruxton and it's nice to see Goodyear get a chance at others series.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Blancpain endurance is this weekend.

https://twitter.com/BlancpainGT/status/731065388331618304

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Last hour of ELMS at Imola and its raining HARD; I finally understand what going "full retard" means

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Lol

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Thanks John Force, I was three minutes late to daycare dropoff while your haulers pulled out of the parking lot.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Not really racing, but on Wednesday there was a race at Laguna Seca.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKTHMh8hAhk&t=1349s

Bicycles plunging down the corkscrew and bombing it down the hill is quite the sight.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

ME SMERT

Cygni fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 20, 2016

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cygni posted:

Answer was apparently Napa

Nice!

e: wait a minute, this isn't the IndyCar thread.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

whoa, thats really weird... i hadnt even clicked on this thread yet when i posted that?

or im just an idiot? both are possible. my bad!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Meanwhile in European Formula 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOvt8OlfX4E

:dogbutton:

He was conscious upon arrival to the medical center and was taken to hospital to check for "possible head and back injuries".

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Holy poo poo the NHRA race in Topeka has already resulted in records being shattered. Matt Hagan went 3.86 at 335 mph in a funny car and Brittany Force went 3.67 in top fuel!

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 21, 2016

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
That's the best Max Papis Driven impersonation I've seen yet.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

bruises for tveter, broken heel bones and fractured vertabrae for li. only the former will require surgery. ultimately a pretty lucky outcome.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Hey maybe I should slow down for this giant cloud of sand on the track

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

CactusWeasle posted:

Hey maybe I should slow down for this giant cloud of sand on the track

DRIVE THROUGH IT, COLE

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

13 cars starting race 2 in TCR at Imola. After all the hype last season about their grid size it's been sad this season watching the grid slowly shrink.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Holy poo poo the NHRA race in Topeka has already resulted in records being shattered. Matt Hagan went 3.86 at 335 mph in a funny car and Brittany Force went 3.67 in top fuel!

knock em back to 900 feet, they'll slow down!

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWhpORIAsO0

I have no idea how people arent being constantly killed at the Spa/Radillon section of track. As I post this there's another huge crash just happened in the Euroformula race.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

It was Formula V8 3.5, but yeah. Renowned quality driver Johnny Cecotto Jr. plowed into the back of Roy Nissany's car as the latter was slowing down (safety car had just come out), clambered over it and nearly landed on Nissany's head in the process as they both went into the tyre barriers. Both guys got out of their cars fine, but that was some scary poo poo.

[e] As for Euroformula Open, I was a bit unsure what the hell that series is even supposed to be, since it appears to just be European Formula 3 but with a bunch of drivers no one has ever heard of. Autosport doesn't even seem to cover the series. Apparently, it used to be Spanish F3 and then Euroformula F3 Open, but as they no longer follow the FIA's official engine regulations they had to take the F3 out of the name.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 22, 2016

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I can be excused for confusing 2 of the 927 european formula series

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

CactusWeasle posted:

I can be excused for confusing 2 of the 927 european formula series

No you absolutely may not :colbert:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Hey, the Nurburgring 24 is happening. Classic cars right now and it's raining.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

And now the actual cars. Make sure to put radiolemans.com on instead of the German audio.

Oh yes and a Porsche (#911) lost its rear wing on the warm up lap

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Said Porsche has since spun and wrecked itself.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

geonetix posted:

And now the actual cars. Make sure to put radiolemans.com on instead of the German audio.

Oh yes and a Porsche (#911) lost its rear wing on the warm up lap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zspyrZ07Ok

heres a link that combines them so you dont have to worry about audio/visual desync!

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I see rain clouds

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Lol, already a broken Porsche

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

Kilonum posted:

Lol, already a broken Porsche

Make that 2

Whats with the tiny gravel traps on some areas of the track, drainage? I dont see them doing much else

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Rain as gently caress :stare:

e: many many cars crashing now at the same corner

CactusWeasle fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 28, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo that parade of cars hydroplaning into the gravel

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Impromptu boat race :catstare:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I think that was a string of 5-6 cars in the gravel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Jesus H this is nuts

• Locked thread