Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

panda clue posted:

i cant believe four years after the fact people are still fighting about the ending

Games : Mass Effect 3: I can't believe four years after the fact people are still fighting about the ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah, I thought that having a suicide mission where people could actually permanently die based on your choices/preparation was the coolest thing ever. Then you realize how easy it is to just have everyone live every time without any real effort or difficult choices and it sucks the wind out a bit but the first time was cool!!

Not as cool as climbing the citadel though

Mass Effect 2 is the greatest videogame of all time

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Pattonesque posted:

it's been four years, we all gotta move on sometime

Hahahahahahaha, as if these worthless, garbage sadbrains are ever gonna manage that. Geostomp will still be crying like a loving baby about it in 2022 for the 10th anniversary, along with the other mentally ill sadsacks who'd probably be better off euthanised.

Hell, fast forward to their 70s and they'll probably be dumped alone in a rest home somewhere, rocking back and forth, still muttering under their breath about when a dumb videogame broke them while some poor orderly thinks about killing himself because he's already heard the same loving story from them every day for the last dozen years.

"B-B-BUT YOU SEE! THE ENDS! THEY WERE B-B-BAAAAAAAAAAD!"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah, I thought that having a suicide mission where people could actually permanently die based on your choices/preparation was the coolest thing ever. Then you realize how easy it is to just have everyone live every time without any real effort or difficult choices and it sucks the wind out a bit but the first time was cool!!

Not as cool as climbing the citadel though
What's fun on subsequent runs is figuring out how to get certain people killed. And then it becomes the Homicide Mission.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sentinel Red posted:

Hahahahahahaha, as if these worthless, garbage sadbrains are ever gonna manage that. Geostomp will still be crying like a loving baby about it in 2022 for the 10th anniversary, along with the other mentally ill sadsacks who'd probably be better off euthanised.

Hell, fast forward to their 70s and they'll probably be dumped alone in a rest home somewhere, rocking back and forth, still muttering under their breath about when a dumb videogame broke them while some poor orderly thinks about killing himself because he's already heard the same loving story from them every day for the last dozen years.

"B-B-BUT YOU SEE! THE ENDS! THEY WERE B-B-BAAAAAAAAAAD!"

I agree, some people get way too intense about this game

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
So here's a question: If you get Tali and Legion killed in the suicide mission, how does Rannoch play out in ME3?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

My Q-Face posted:

So here's a question: If you get Tali and Legion killed in the suicide mission, how does Rannoch play out in ME3?

You get Xen helping you via comms instead of having Tali come with you, Legion is replaced by Geth AI, you have to pick which one dies.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Everytime I question the quality of ME3, I remember it has a Reaper fighting a thresher maw. And then Wrex calls my Shepard a sister to the Krogan.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

El Tortuga posted:

Everytime I question the quality of ME3, I remember it has a Reaper fighting a thresher maw. And then Wrex calls my Shepard a sister to the Krogan.

Pretty hosed up to call a dude a sister.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Pretty hosed up to call a dude a sister.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
if you're a big loving baby who wants to ruining bioware's artistic vision of lovely, muddy console textures, the ALOT ME3 texture mod is really good. It replaces over 2200 of the game's textures with HD versions.

There's also a mod that allows you to change the FOV, and auto-corrects for cutscenes/running/aiming/etc so it doesn't ever look awkward.

before:

after:

I honestly can't believe I ever played the game with Shep taking up 1/4th of the screen like that :psyduck:

Also, fun fact - there is a config file you can add a line to that allows you to increase the FPS cap. I have a 144hz monitor, so I increased it to that. Apparently, this causes you to randomly not be able to fire some powers from behind cover... weird, but okay. Hilariously though, this also causes enemy shield regen and AI reaction times to also more than double along with your FPS (source). The AI algorithm is directly tied to your FPS, so conversely, if you cap your FPS at 10, nothing will be able to hit you. Either way, I was wondering why the gently caress I was getting my rear end kicked so hard by the first few packs on Mars...

panda clue fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 20, 2016

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Oh god, we don't care, shut up.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Oh god, we don't care, shut up.

sorry for trying to talk about mass effect 3 in the mass effect 3 thread, you're welcome to go back to your regularly scheduled ending bitching if you'd like

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

El Tortuga posted:

Also he says from now on the name "Shepard" will mean hero in the krogan language.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Trast posted:

Also he says from now on the name "Shepard" will mean hero in the krogan language.

I wonder if Wrex gave the rescind order before I had to shoot him on the Citadel.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

sassassin posted:

Mass Effect 2 is the greatest videogame of all time

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Trast posted:

They could save themselves a lot of trouble by having "Shepard" just mean "shepherd"

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

panda clue posted:

sorry for trying to talk about mass effect 3 in the mass effect 3 thread, you're welcome to go back to your regularly scheduled ending bitching if you'd like

Don't worry he's just jealous his consoles can't do any of those things you posted :haw:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's true, I don't have a 144 mhz monitor because I don't need one and don't validate my life by my gaming PC. However, there aren't any PC games I am unable play to a satisfying degree with my current setup.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

monster on a stick posted:

I wonder if Wrex gave the rescind order before I had to shoot him on the Citadel.

Username/post content match up perfectly.

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Drew Karpyhsyn's greatest trick was convincing people he was a good writer.

Truth.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

2house2fly posted:

They could save themselves a lot of trouble by having "Shepard" just mean "shepherd"

They should have a religion where the callback to someone saying "Shepard" after a prayer is responding with "Wrex."

"Grunt" is also acceptable.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Codependent Poster posted:

They should have a religion where the callback to someone saying "Shepard" after a prayer is responding with "Wrex."

"Grunt" is also acceptable.

that's apocrypha

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

It's true, I don't have a 144 mhz monitor because I don't need one and don't validate my life by my gaming PC.

well you apparently feel the need to validate your choice of using a console over a PC:

Waltzing Along posted:

If you play ME on a PC you are the scum of the galaxy.

I played ME2 on console if it makes you feel better

panda clue fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 20, 2016

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

What if you have both

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

What if you have both

*gasp*

I also have a ps4 because bloodborne owns

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Every time I think of replaying ME1 I think of 2 and 3 and then 1's gameplay hits me and I start crying because Jade Empire 2 still ain't out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I always console cheat for MAXX CREDITZ and armor in the original Mass Effect so that I can go straight to maximum ownage, which is everything else about Mass Effect.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

I always console cheat for MAXX CREDITZ and armor in the original Mass Effect so that I can go straight to maximum ownage, which is everything else about Mass Effect.

I don't think I've *ever* played through ME1 entirely without using the infinite credits cheat :ssh:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I beat Mass Effect at least 3 times on the Xbox 360

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

panda clue posted:

I don't think I've *ever* played through ME1 entirely without using the infinite credits cheat :ssh:

Is this cheat easier than the one I used which was "play the game as normal for 10 hours"?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yes. Enable console commands, type -givecredits 999999 or whatever it is.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
You can also mod ME1 to have a keybind that increases the speed of the game by 10x.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I think they mean the "abuse the hospital discount to rebuy spectre equipment" thing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc7ro0gFDlk

Conrad!

Wik
Mar 5, 2010
I hope the new trilogy is intriqueing

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

That dude who plays the captain has a really cool job

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

2house2fly posted:

Is this cheat easier than the one I used which was "play the game as normal for 10 hours"?

These people all cheat (or turn the difficulty down to easy) and then complain that the gameplay is boring/tedious for some strange reason.

On the higher difficulties ME1 is great.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yep. ME1 is pretty awesome on Insanity. The only real problems are a couple fights with Krogan or at lower levels. Oh, and snipers. gently caress snipers. They will wreck the MAKO in a few hits and one shot you.

And if you do play on Insanity, gotta start at level 1. Starting at 50 removes any of the difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

MA-Horus posted:

Eh, the human mind does weird things sometimes.

Also, when Mordin dies, you start hearing his voice in the dreams too. If you downright suck and had Wrex, and a ton of other dudes in ME2 die, you hear all of them.

Remember, when it comes to PTSD, it doesn't matter how strong-willed a person is. Everyone cracks, just a matter of time.

thats what i always got from it. the kid was the straw that broke the camal's back so to speak.

personally i would have prefered the AI/ghost reaper core/whatever to take the shape of Jenkins or the person who died on vermire. or maybe it fluxiate between all of your dead friends.

El Tortuga posted:

3 is good up apart from the original ending and a few weird parts.

• Locked thread