Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Yukako's stand owns and is cool to see animated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this episode rules

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
It's kind of weird to go from Parts 1-3 with the protagonists on some epic journey to defeat an ancient threat of sorts to... People that happen to have Stands living in a small, quiet Japanese town.

At least the style is cool, right?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Teenagers dealing with small town High School problems, except everyone is insane and has superpowers, is extremely good.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's kind of weird to go from Parts 1-3 with the protagonists on some epic journey to defeat an ancient threat of sorts to... People that happen to have Stands living in a small, quiet Japanese town.

It's a crazy noisy bizarre town.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Actually the smaller scale of Part 4 is way cooler and more interesting than Bram Stroker's Castelvania

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Crazy Diamond is extremely cool. He is perfect.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

any moment okuyasu is smiling is a precious moment

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Also, literally everything else about Part 4 is extremely cool too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yukako is the best girl. :allears:

That being said, I had forgotten that Love Deluxe (not to be confused with Love Love Deluxe, which is a different Stand) could separate hairs from her scalp and control people.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

This episode was extremely good. The music in particular is top notch.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Okayasu's eyes drifting towards Yukako while they were fake-poo poo talking Koichi made me el oh el

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
The faces in this part are really good.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1463763915849.webm

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Oh yeah, I was also surprised at how much control Okuyasu has over the Hand's erasing; I'm seriously impressed that he didn't accidentally erase part of the girl's skull.

Also, is that brainstorming session they had where that "I feel you! I feel you deeply! etc." panel originally came from, or is that from something later on?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
LB Part 4 Episode 2:

It's got to be coincidental Angelo has the same kind of bird beak hat Jotaro has, right?

Or maybe it's just Araki has a thing for weird hats?

E1: Wow, this series just escalated quickly. :dogbutton:

Looks like Angelo's Aqua Necklace travels through liquids to attack people.

Also rape. Lots of murder and rape.

Yuck.

E2: Violent murder, then... Awesome OP!

This OP makes me want to get up and dance!! :dance: :chome: :coolspot: :mome: :pgabz: :slick:

Funkiest OP in all of JoJo.

E3: Part 4 clearly has the best animation quality and production values of all of reboot JoJo so far, not gonna lie.

I'm honestly glad Jotaro is coaching Josuke on how Stands work (i.e. strong Stands tend to operate closely while weak but effective Stands can be operated remotely). Jotaro's a good teacher. :)

E4: Holy poo poo, Josuke immediately capturing Aqua Necklace was loving awesome! I thought he was going to be a problem for sure. Josuke's definitely has got some natural talent. :allears:

E5: HAHAHA! It was quick, but they used a clip of Oh! That's a Baseball! with Star Platinum as the pitcher on the Jaguars when Josuke was playing video games. That was great. :allears: :allears:

E6: LMAO! Grandpa Higashikata loving with Josuke with a fake gun was great too.

It looks like Josuke is playing on an N64 too. That brings me back...

E7: Beef tongue in miso sounds really good, honestly. I've only had beef tongue at an authentic Japanese restaurant and it was really tasty, but it wasn't in a soup. Is there any hope of trying this delicacy state-side?

Using the Stand to disguise the flask as a brandy flask is really clever. What a clever motherfucker Angelo is.

E8: This new Jotaro is really weirding me out. I want highschool hardass Jotaro, not kinder gentler Jotaro.

E9: Lol is this Angelo stone something in real life or just made up for the show?

Also this Ending is pretty cool, would smoke a bowl if I could. :420: :2bong:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 20, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

LB Part 4 Episode 2:

It's got to be coincidental Angelo has the same kind of bird beak hat Jotaro has, right?

Or maybe it's just Araki has a thing for weird hats?

I think that's just how he draws baseball caps. Oingo was the same way.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

W.T. Fits posted:

Oh yeah, I was also surprised at how much control Okuyasu has over the Hand's erasing; I'm seriously impressed that he didn't accidentally erase part of the girl's skull.

Also, is that brainstorming session they had where that "I feel you! I feel you deeply! etc." panel originally came from, or is that from something later on?

Yes. They kept it for the retranslation too.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, that's exactly it. Josuke poo poo-talking Koichi with Okuyasu is also where "Koichi really steals? No dignity!" comes from too.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

E2: Violent murder, then... Awesome OP!

Part 4 has been doing this drat near every ep, and its great. The tonal dissonance is so good.

edit: also part 4 Jotaro best Jotaro.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 20, 2016

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Am i the only one who pictured this girl as having blonde hair? If it was brown i would have thought it would have some shading to it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

CJ posted:

Am i the only one who pictured this girl as having blonde hair? If it was brown i would have thought it would have some shading to it.

Uraraka from My Hero Academia has the same sort of thing, most people assumed it was blonde until the author put out color pages.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I can't believe my sweet babby Koichi has a girlfriend now and her name is Kars!

I'm also kinda sad they didn't use "your feeling I can feel deeply" and "Koichi really steals? No dignity!". Those are strong and powerful memes.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It looks like Josuke is playing on an N64 too. That brings me back...

It was a generic console in the manga (being written 4 years before the N64 came out). Davepro could have left it that way but they changed it to match the time period, along with adding the OH! That's A Baseball! callback.

We don't deserve them.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Dias posted:

I can't believe my sweet babby Koichi has a girlfriend now and her name is Kars!

I look forward to the arc where he meets her parents, and her dad is Bruford.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

CJ posted:

Koichi's hair has been in limbo too, since no two interpretations of him seem to match.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This new version of the op is awful

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Koichi's hair is the same colour as Joseph's and DIO's

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

All the crazy stuff happens to Koichi.

I thought that pose looked familiar.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Momomo posted:

Koichi's hair has been in limbo too, since no two interpretations of him seem to match.

It's true, the official color manga (not colored by Araki, so it's always been a grain-of-salt kinda thing) has Koichi as a blond, ASB and EoH has Koichi as a blue-head and a different game has an unused model of Koichi with green. Actually I'm looking over DiU covers now, it looks like Koichi mostly has gray hair in those?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ChaosArgate posted:

It's true, the official color manga (not colored by Araki, so it's always been a grain-of-salt kinda thing) has Koichi as a blond, ASB and EoH has Koichi as a blue-head and a different game has an unused model of Koichi with green. Actually I'm looking over DiU covers now, it looks like Koichi mostly has gray hair in those?

Different Super Saiyan forms.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Koichi's expressions through all of his chapter were gold

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

W.T. Fits posted:

Oh geez. Poor babby Koichi caught the eye of a good ol' fashioned yandere girl.

I will pray for his soul. :ohdear:

Honestly, it does strike me as a shame that I can easily see anime only people are going to write off Yukako as a badly done yandere copy despite being around for like a decade before they ever become really popular. I mean, I can't think of any in anything super popular between Yukako and Yuno Gasai but there's probably one or two that I'm just blanking on.

She's not great or anything, even without that, but I can't really not like Koichi's Crazy Girlfriend.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yukako's a pretty great stand of the week, looking forward to next week.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Yukako's a nice girl and I'm sure she and Koichi will be happy together.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yukakowns

The top kak

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Dragonatrix posted:

Honestly, it does strike me as a shame that I can easily see anime only people are going to write off Yukako as a badly done yandere copy despite being around for like a decade before they ever become really popular. I mean, I can't think of any in anything super popular between Yukako and Yuno Gasai but there's probably one or two that I'm just blanking on.

She's not great or anything, even without that, but I can't really not like Koichi's Crazy Girlfriend.

Yep, sometimes you forget how old JJBA is. I think these manga chapters came out in late 1992/early 1993. I can't even think of another popular yandere that appeared before 2000.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
If you don't love Okuyasu by this episode I hate you and shall destroy you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
LB:

So Enyaba was the one to awaken Dio's Stand powers with the Bow and Arrow? Well, that's... Terrifying, to say the least. Nice bit of retconning, I guess.

• Locked thread