Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

In Training posted:

I don't think sonic has ever been good.

The first one was good - or at least innovative - for the time, in the context of comparing it to other platformers that were around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

1-3 and S&K are really good

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I have never liked Sonic and Genesis was my first console and Sonic my first game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My first Megadrive game was Altered Beast

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I would kill for an Altered Beast reboot made by Platinum. Hell, I'd settle for Ninja Theory.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Sonic is bad but Knuckles is good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

axleblaze posted:

I would kill for an Altered Beast reboot made by Platinum. Hell, I'd settle for Ninja Theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N92saIv9C0w

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I know that exists. I still want one that's made by someone that's at least semi competent

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I have never liked Sonic and Genesis was my first console and Sonic my first game.

I was a Sonic fan only by necessity, because I hosed up and asked for a Genesis for Christmas instead of a SNES. I really wanted to play Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Hey man, don't forget our versions or Mortal Kombat and Aladdin. And Primal Rage?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's no good version of Primal Rage

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Well this is cute. The newest Family Guy episode featured footage from Tecmo Bowl and Double Dribble on NES. The Double Dribble clip showed off an exploit. Apparently it was just straight-ripped from a Youtube video from 2009...which has now been taken down on Copyright Grounds. :bravo:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

univbee posted:

Well this is cute. The newest Family Guy episode featured footage from Tecmo Bowl and Double Dribble on NES. The Double Dribble clip showed off an exploit. Apparently it was just straight-ripped from a Youtube video from 2009...which has now been taken down on Copyright Grounds. :bravo:

It's probably a genuine mistake due to the automated system but it's still genuinely lovely that it can even happen.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Never mind. Not needed

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

which was taken down, the 2009 video or the Family Guy episode?

Actually gently caress it take them both down

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I really hope the guy who posted the exploit video seven years ago doesn't actually care about it being taken down. That would be sad.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

I really hope the guy who posted the exploit video seven years ago doesn't actually care about it being taken down. That would be sad.

Not in and of itself but people are definitely miffed that FOX can just show up and take your poo poo and annex it. A few people are trying to lean on this event to get a more sensible takedown process in place. As mentioned, though, this is probably an automated system taking it down, Seth McFarlane has said he's looking into it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

univbee posted:

Not in and of itself but people are definitely miffed that FOX can just show up and take your poo poo and annex it. A few people are trying to lean on this event to get a more sensible takedown process in place. As mentioned, though, this is probably an automated system taking it down, Seth McFarlane has said he's looking into it.

It took reading this to realize that it wasn't taken down by Nintendo, but by Fox as being part of a Family Guy episode. Jesus.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

gently caress me, I just realized I've been posting about the takedown in the wrong thread. :negative:

Apotheon is down to 3 bucks so Flash sale is likely incoming, at least.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

gently caress me, I just realized I've been posting about the takedown in the wrong thread. :negative:

Apotheon is down to 3 bucks so Flash sale is likely incoming, at least.
Yeah, we were pretty much just killing time waiting for someone to post that the flash sale appeared :shrug:

It's okay, not enough happens in Playstation Store to worry about a derail

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEWEBLP

Five

five dollar

Five dollar Killzooooooooooone

This sale looks pretty bad all around to be honest.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jackbox 2 for $5 is a steal, man

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Harlock posted:

Jackbox 2 for $5 is a steal, man

True, I didn't see that as I've already purchased them.

Basically there are no major retail-tier games with any sort of discount in this Flash Sale.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Killzone Shadow Fall is apparently so bad I had people tell me not to buy it when it was like £4 on a UK store. "Very pretty, but a completely unfun waste of time otherwise"

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

$4.50 RDR? Might have to dust the PS3 off!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Saoshyant posted:

Killzone Shadow Fall is apparently so bad I had people tell me not to buy it when it was like £4 on a UK store. "Very pretty, but a completely unfun waste of time otherwise"

It's an absolutely gorgeous tech demo, I'll give it that much credit. Exactly that much credit. Literally no more.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Someone on NeoGAF picked an...interesting way to list the sale.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Crappy Jack posted:

It's an absolutely gorgeous tech demo, I'll give it that much credit. Exactly that much credit. Literally no more.
Even Sony doesn't care about it anymore

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Speaking of series coasting a long time on mediocrity, it's a crime that GG keeps pumping out lovely Killzones while Studio Liverpool will never give us another Wipeout. Maybe Horizon will be good but I doubt it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mudered soul suspect isnt anything special right?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nail Rat posted:

Speaking of series coasting a long time on mediocrity, it's a crime that GG keeps pumping out lovely Killzones while Studio Liverpool will never give us another Wipeout. Maybe Horizon will be good but I doubt it.

Theyre done with it starting robo dino hunter now

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Real hurthling! posted:

It's not gonna blow any socks off, but I thought it was interesting enough, really. Not a "whoa" game, more of a "huh. Neat" game. It's not bad, it's actually pretty interesting, but it doesn't have that extra bit of oomph to make it a must-buy.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Is there any difference between Hitman Blood Money HD and the copy of Blood Money in Hitman Trilogy HD which is on sale for 25 cents less? Also I've heard the Killzone Vita game supposed to be good. Is it?

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

It's a cool little adventure game, not very long, sometimes you possess a cat

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Spoderman posted:

Also I've heard the Killzone Vita game supposed to be good. Is it?

Yes. Worth a go if you're interested.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The best Killzone game is the PSP one. Shame you can't use the fifth chapter on the Vita.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If Shadowfall is my first Killzone (and I don't have a PS3 or want PSNow) is it STILL not worth $5? That's such a low price point and I've paid a little more than that for basically toys (Beam.NG, Universe Sandbox, etc.).

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's ok.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I did another series of stages in Sonic Rivals and it's still terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

If Shadowfall is my first Killzone (and I don't have a PS3 or want PSNow) is it STILL not worth $5? That's such a low price point and I've paid a little more than that for basically toys (Beam.NG, Universe Sandbox, etc.).

Maybe if you have all the other PS4 games on the sale already

Then again there are a couple others that look pretty stinky

• Locked thread