Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Denzer
May 15, 2009
Thanks. Guess I'm bugged then. Will try and figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
It's nice that Far Harbor added a lever action rifle, even though it's left handed for some reason.

Is it possible to add animations with the GECK this time? I remember that being a huge pain in the rear end for New Vegas modders.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Denzer posted:

This might sound stupid but did you check that the .esm is loaded? I had to enable it manually after downloading, it confused me for a bit.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Denzer posted:

You have to finish a certain part of the main quest before you can start it. Getting a Clue.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
So I'm using the Weapon Balance Overhaul (isn't that yours, Iron Rose?) and I've got a mod (Better Mod Descriptions) that wants the mod's Weapon Balance Overhaul .esp to actually be called "Weaponry Overhaul.esp". Is this a known problem?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

So I'm using the Weapon Balance Overhaul (isn't that yours, Iron Rose?) and I've got a mod (Better Mod Descriptions) that wants the mod's Weapon Balance Overhaul .esp to actually be called "Weaponry Overhaul.esp". Is this a known problem?

open xedit, clear the offending thing by clicking on the first line after the name of the mod "better mod desriptions" (try changing tabs on the bottom right if nothing shows up.) find wbo and change it to wbo or whatever, or see if there is another mod called weaponary overhaul, and grab it?

Otherwise, morning, far harbor dling, yay, time to go visit synthmens

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Lotish posted:

So is it a known problem that I seem to have to manually reset the load order of all the mods from the in-game mod menu every time I start the game, even if I used a mod-manager to launch them? Because it's kind of a drag.

:10bux: your plugins.txt is read only

E: the weaponry overhaul thing. Yeah, when I got back into fallout modding I changed the esp name to WBO.esp from weaponry overhaul.esp

Apparently it had been causing confusion. Unfortunately this broke compatibility patches, and while I have a dozen or so on my mood page, I don't have one for better mood descriptions yet. Fortunately the fix is easy. Rename any esp to weaponry overhaul. Load it and the patch in fo4edit, remove the weaponry overhaul master in the file header of the WHO-better mod descriptions patch. Both mods only edit vanilla content, they don't add new content, so there's no harm in doing so. Save, change the esp back to whatever it was previously, you're set.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 07:29 on May 19, 2016

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If anyone can't get Far Harbor to start, there is an amount of the main quest you have to have done first You have to have at least searched Kellog's house in Diamond Ciyt after rescuing Nick according to what I've read

Haven't gotten to that point in the story yet so I can't 100% confirm though.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Otacon posted:

I'm running pretty sparse in the mods department, but having fun in Survival at level 70-something.

Using

Lowered Weapons - lowers your weapon while running
Armorsmith Extended - tons of armor modifications
Legendary Helmets - gives a chance for enemies to have legendary helmets as loot
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch - fixes some quests
FAR Faraway Area Reform - helps with some FPS drops I have
Shell Rain - empty shells/cartridges stick around for a while (MAH IMMERSHIN!)
Arbitration - npc combat changes
Dialogue Settlers Fix - settlers no longer think you're a synth out to get 'em (or at least stop telling you that)
Loot Detector - while your weapon is out, any bodies will glow if they have loot in them
No BOS Vertibird Random Encounters - i play a sneak build and those vertibirds fuckin suck
Bottles' Label Overhaul - gives bottles labels
Enhanced Blood Textures - more gore
Fallout 4 - Texture Optimization Project - better FPS for me
Raider Overhaul - adds some new raider armors/clothes
Better Settlers - settlers come stock with better armor/gear
Don't Call Me Settler - renames all settlers to easily differentiate them / their roles
Reduced NPC Greeting Distance - keeps things quieter, less settler random chatter
Settlement Management Software - allows me to keep track of workbench locations/settler jobs/caravans
Super Mutant Redux - gives supermutants armor and adds a few, as well as makes Strong one of the better companions in the game
Immersive Vendors - makes the vendor stalls look great
Spring Cleaning - allows me to scrap random crud from settlements like bushes or old houses
More Where That Came From - Diamond City Radio Edition - like 100+ new songs, gets rid of the DJ's intros
Elvani's Track Pack - Diamond City Radio like 30+ new songs, re-adds the DJ's intros
Place Everywhere - allows me to place poo poo in settlements pretty much anywhere
Full Dialogue Interface - no more HATE NEWSPAPERS and makes it easier to know what responses I'll give NPCs
Achievements - loading mods in Fallout prevents you from getting achievements, this allows them (REQUIRES F4SE)
Fr4nsson's Light Tweaks - slightly better lighting

Doesn't have true storms. A bad list.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
So I've restarted a vanilla game, and for some reason it locks up, meaning I have no movement abilities after the Vault-Tec salesman leaves.

Also my frame rate dropped from 58-60 to 35-40.

E restarting in lower settings does not help, currently frozen in the bathroom after creating my character.

Sigh.

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 19, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Syrian Lannister posted:

So I've restarted a vanilla game, and for some reason it locks up, meaning I have no movement abilities after the Vault-Tec salesman leaves.

Also my frame rate dropped from 58-60 to 35-40.

E restarting in lower settings does not help, currently frozen in the bathroom after creating my character.

Sigh.

Ugh, I'm also having problems getting much to work, but thats kind of expected with a new dlc. if you cannot even start a new game, thats lame.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Attention Far Harbor Residents:

If you're crashing when you bring up your Pipboy, it might be because of the Full Dialogue Interface mod. Simply deactivate/uninstall the mod, or alternatively remove anything from the /Data/interface folder. Otherwise, you'll need to wait for an update from FDI.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Otacon posted:

If you're crashing when you bring up your Pipboy, it might be because of the Full Dialogue Interface mod. Simply deactivate/uninstall the mod, or alternatively remove anything from the /Data/interface folder. Otherwise, you'll need to wait for an update from FDI.

I had to re validate in steam to get fallout to even start again.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Thats odd, FDI worked fine with the far harbour beta esp for me?

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011
How much is involved in updating that kind of mod, anyway? Does the author have to manually transcribe every line of dialogue or is there a file somewhere with the text already in it (for subtitles, for example) that he points the mod to?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

So I'm building up a bunch of mods for my new playthrough, my only problem is sorting the order. I"m using MO2 and when I hit sort it errors out with a LOOT error of 1, can't find the dll. Because its MO2 with the fancy virtual load order and mod install I can't use the standalone LOOT to sort them as there's nothing in the vanilla locations to sort. Do I have to drag something over from the LOOT download to the MO2 install location for it to work right?

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Otacon posted:

Do you have the update for 1.5 (in the optional files section)? It wasn't a super obvious update, and was supposed to fix...strings. I'm not a programmer, I like to think the game is held together with actual strings and tape.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sjonnar posted:

How much is involved in updating that kind of mod, anyway? Does the author have to manually transcribe every line of dialogue or is there a file somewhere with the text already in it (for subtitles, for example) that he points the mod to?

I don't know what Cirosan's process is, but someone made an app that largely automates the process, which is what I used to make a quick and dirty version for my Far Harbor playthrough. I'd link the app, but I'm on my phone, and the link is in the comments for the mod on Nexus.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

How's fah habah working out for people?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

atomicgeek posted:

Do you have the update for 1.5 (in the optional files section)? It wasn't a super obvious update, and was supposed to fix...strings. I'm not a programmer, I like to think the game is held together with actual strings and tape.

Thanks, I'll look into it!

Sjonnar posted:

It was the .swf files in my Data/interface folder causing me to crash, so I assume it has something to do with flash

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

Otacon posted:

It was the .swf files in my Data/interface folder causing me to crash, so I assume it has something to do with flash

Good to hear you got it figured out. I'm gonna wait until Cirosan updates the mod because I'm not about to go back to HATE NEWSPAPER console garbage now there's an alternative.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I return grizzled and slightly chapped from the horrors of Nexus to posts some more mods.

FCOM which is basically the bare bones at the moment version of Enclave Commander from the previous games where you could spawn in and command faction NPC's to kill things for you.

Cut Far Harbor Throwing Weapons Restored!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I basically haven't played since release and was thinking of starting up again

How has the modding been

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm trying to use mod organizer 2 and it won't let me move fallout4.esm or dlcrobot.esm or dlcworkshop01.esm. How do I get it to let me move them so I can unfuck my load order? By default it put the DLC's in front of falllout4.esm.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm trying to use mod organizer 2 and it won't let me move fallout4.esm or dlcrobot.esm or dlcworkshop01.esm. How do I get it to let me move them so I can unfuck my load order? By default it put the DLC's in front of falllout4.esm.

uh, by in front do you mean they load after the DLC? Because that's intended behaviour.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

cheesetriangles posted:

Afaik, the game is now designed to load these plugins in a specific order no matter what as long as they're present, so you don't have to fiddle with them at all.

Editing your plugins.txt file should allow you to move them though.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I got it fixed but even if it doesn't matter what order those 3 esm's go in it would still bug me.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
The only thing preventing from using the new version of mod organizer is that I get an error Everytime I try and download anything from Nexus. Basically means I have to install everything manually its is very annoying, any ideas?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are there any mods out there that help settler pathing/let you define settler pathing? I'm tired of settlers just standing on the floor below their beds staring upward because they can't figure out how to go up two stairways. Or how there's literally no pathing up the stairs to the dirt area by Jamaica plain and you can't even force move a settler up the front steps.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
At Jamaica plains you could try building some stairs...on the stairs, I guess.
The pathing of settlers does seem very inconsistent. Currently all my guys at the castle are just standing in eerie silence at the radioshack thing all night it seems, even though I have seen them use the beds I had carefully placed to not cause pathing problems. :sigh:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

gasman posted:

At Jamaica plains you could try building some stairs...on the stairs, I guess.

That's what I ended up doing, it's all very Xzibit

Doesn't meen I don't get quietly angry about it every time I wander out there when I'm operating in the southern half of the map.

Hopefully some modder eventually will do something about it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Lee Enfeld hunting rifle replacement.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Azhais posted:

Are there any mods out there that help settler pathing/let you define settler pathing? I'm tired of settlers just standing on the floor below their beds staring upward because they can't figure out how to go up two stairways. Or how there's literally no pathing up the stairs to the dirt area by Jamaica plain and you can't even force move a settler up the front steps.

Pathing is pretty horrible to implement, HOWEVER stock floors (and stock stairs) have their own navmesh built in, so you could technically use those and either embed/place on top of the troublesome terrain, using Place Everywhere. I found this mod for Rebuilt Walls at The Castle - http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8680/

and while it looks awesome, there's no navmesh whatsoever, which forced me to place walkways using concrete foundations and stairs on the places where the settlers could no longer reach. In the end it was worth it though, and my pathing problems (at least at The Castle) were fixed.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I am only using stock stuff. Starlight drive in, placed a ton of foundations to give a flat build area for a big concrete house. Built some stairs up. Made a greenhouse on one arm, and a main house on the other. That much works great, they go up the stairs to the foundation top, go farm, they'll wander into the main floor and bang on my weaponsmith bench, the usual.

Problems arise with the second floor (which is actually the third, main floor is two stories high because I like the workshop more open and it works better for an indoor bazaar with stock stores). They go halfway up the stairs, then stop. I'm actually wondering now if the game simply can't handle two stairs on the same tile. I've got it two wide with two ups, 90 degree turn, then two up to the upper landing. Next time I go out there I might pull out two of those stairways and see if they can go up to one floor, walk to the next floor tile, then go up again. It'll look uglier but if it works I'll get over it.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Azhais posted:

I am only using stock stuff. Starlight drive in, placed a ton of foundations to give a flat build area for a big concrete house. Built some stairs up. Made a greenhouse on one arm, and a main house on the other. That much works great, they go up the stairs to the foundation top, go farm, they'll wander into the main floor and bang on my weaponsmith bench, the usual.

Problems arise with the second floor (which is actually the third, main floor is two stories high because I like the workshop more open and it works better for an indoor bazaar with stock stores). They go halfway up the stairs, then stop. I'm actually wondering now if the game simply can't handle two stairs on the same tile. I've got it two wide with two ups, 90 degree turn, then two up to the upper landing. Next time I go out there I might pull out two of those stairways and see if they can go up to one floor, walk to the next floor tile, then go up again. It'll look uglier but if it works I'll get over it.

Sounds like you're running into the maximum height problem. I have the same issue in my 30+ settler high-rise Hangman's Alley. There's mods that will remove the height restrictions - I'll probably end up using this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3528/

Basically, each settlement has a maximum height for FLOOR objects that can be built - while you're able to place a premade floor+ceiling piece, only the floor (and maybe a foot or two above it) is within the maximum height - anything beyond that and YOU can still get up there, while settlers will freeze midway up the stairs.

Like you said, try reworking it a little bit to add a few extra feet of room and see if settlers can get further up the steps.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

there a mod that makes home plate linkable to settlement workbenches yet? Was kinda pissed when I wasted 2000 caps on the place >: (

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I uploaded the stealth changes I've been tweaking and using for a while, so check this out if you're like me and think the stealth is a little too fast and unrealistic:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13798/

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

For those goons who have the 1st/3rd person lowered weapons mod, here is the one that adds support to the weapons introduced in the DLC for the game:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13842/

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Yeesh, sorry for the wait, been kinda sick lately. Anyhow, Full Dialogue Interface has been updated to support the Far Harbor DLC in all languages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.
I was disappointed with the fact that it seems like only legendary versions of Far Harbor weapons show up in the Commonwealth, so I made a mod that makes it so there's a chance that enemies can spawn with the new weapons and ammo. I'm gonna make it so this stuff shows up at vendors soon, too.

• Locked thread