Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Is it just because of the damage range? I guess what I'm getting at is whether there are hidden stats on things or not.

Not really, but the Colossus is a higher item level than the other two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Any suggestions on being less squishy as a ranger? I'm level 57. I just did the 50 dungeon at 50, leveld 7 times, but the boss just wrecked me. I have 21 CON which is more than I see any other archers doing at this level, and I had like half the hp as everyone else. I've put points into str:con:dex at 37:12:15 respectively.

Also, when should I use my xp cards? I have over 200 level 3s, enough to take me to level 68. My issue is that if I do that I'd be way over leveled for both the Orsha and Klaipeda quests I have, that are both around equal (which is why I've been saving).

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Use your exp cards when you're more than ten levels behind the zone you're about to head in to, to get over the humps before the curve resets (47, 87, 137, 187, forget what the next one is), or to get past the ~165ish wall to get to the 175 dungeon

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
About to try this again. Anyone have a fun or AE heavy Archer build?

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Ranger! I'm almost C3 Ranger and its strong. What level do you normally get class tier 4 at? I'm 76 and 13.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nigulus Rex posted:

Any suggestions on being less squishy as a ranger? I'm level 57. I just did the 50 dungeon at 50, leveld 7 times, but the boss just wrecked me. I have 21 CON which is more than I see any other archers doing at this level, and I had like half the hp as everyone else. I've put points into str:con:dex at 37:12:15 respectively.

Also, when should I use my xp cards? I have over 200 level 3s, enough to take me to level 68. My issue is that if I do that I'd be way over leveled for both the Orsha and Klaipeda quests I have, that are both around equal (which is why I've been saving).

learn their attacks and dodge better

For that boss in particular, when he does his charge up -> green aoe ring, you can jump over the ring. If you keep moving, you should be able to dodge his darkness rain thing too.

For the level 90 boss, just strafing around him at range in a circle will let you dodge all his attacks which are a close range aoe or a slow line attack while you will sidestep.

Always be moving and don't be afraid to outrange the boss and stop dps if it will let you dodge an attack.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mayor McCheese posted:

About to try this again. Anyone have a fun or AE heavy Archer build?

Archer 2 / Quarrel Shooter 3 or Ranger 3 / Falconer 1 / Cannoneer 1

Or Archer 1 / Ranger 3 / Fletcher 3

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

learn their attacks and dodge better

For that boss in particular, when he does his charge up -> green aoe ring, you can jump over the ring. If you keep moving, you should be able to dodge his darkness rain thing too.

For the level 90 boss, just strafing around him at range in a circle will let you dodge all his attacks which are a close range aoe or a slow line attack while you will sidestep.

Always be moving and don't be afraid to outrange the boss and stop dps if it will let you dodge an attack.

Thanks. I didn't know you could jump over attacks and stuff like that (still in the RO mindset I suppose). Appreciate the tips.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Archer 2 / Quarrel Shooter 3 or Ranger 3 / Falconer 1 / Cannoneer 1

Or Archer 1 / Ranger 3 / Fletcher 3

Thanks! Any difference between those 3?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

quarrel shooter is an autoattack focused (works real well with priest buffs) heavy single target build, you could go musket finisher to push further into the single target game or cannoneer to cover lack of aoe

Ranger + falconer + cannoneer is basically the ultimate aoe archer, strong aoe skills plus falcon reducing mobs aoe defense to 0 giving you and your allies tons of extra hits, plus you get a bird pet

ranger + fletcher is pretty decent aoe along with some powerful single target attacks, including a very strong bleed dot

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Ranger + falconer + cannoneer is basically the ultimate aoe archer, strong aoe skills plus falcon reducing mobs aoe defense to 0 giving you and your allies tons of extra hits, plus you get a bird pet

Perfect. Thank you walking textureless feet Doom imp!

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Got to Ranger 3. Had points saved so I instantly maxed Bounce Shot and got better Steady Shot and Barrage :getin:
Not sure if I'm gonna wanna go Fletcher 2 or 3, and take a rank in Cannon or Musketeer.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Is it just because of the damage range? I guess what I'm getting at is whether there are hidden stats on things or not.

Late reply, but it's required for the Didel Colossus recipe (which btw drops in a level 53 dungeon if you care for that later), which has +4 to AoE ratio, giving you a nice large reach for grabbing more targets with each swing. Of course if you can afford the Didel right of the bat then go ahead

I did not explain my previous post enough, my fault

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 20, 2016

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
hit edit, not quote

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
I went archer1->ranger1->ranger 2 which is where I am now. I can't decide if I should go ranger3->fletcher1/2/3 or straight to fletcher1/2->cannoneer 1. Any thoughts?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nigulus Rex posted:

I went archer1->ranger1->ranger 2 which is where I am now. I can't decide if I should go ranger3->fletcher1/2/3 or straight to fletcher1/2->cannoneer 1. Any thoughts?

ranger 3 fletcher 3 is a great single target damage build while also being good at aoe

edit: you can also do archer 2 ranger 2 fletcher 3. archer 2 gives you 100% uptime on swift step

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 20, 2016

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4j1ckl/a_quick_way_to_achieve_blue_hair/

The 3 easy party quests you can solo so you can get blue hair in 5 days. :toot:

This is great! Thanks for posting

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Is it worth buying a token? They're around 500k atm in the market. It seems like it'd definitely be worth scrounging up that much.

EDIT: THey were 390k on tuesday. They're now 800k to 2mil...jesus gently caress.

Morbleu fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 20, 2016

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Nigulus Rex posted:

Is it worth buying a token? They're around 500k atm in the market. It seems like it'd definitely be worth scrounging up that much.

EDIT: THey were 390k on tuesday. They're now 800k to 2mil...jesus gently caress.

Looks like you are behind the investment curve :smug:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I'd say they are worth it, but there's currently no way to get TP to buy new ones so the supply keeps going down. I'd wait until the new TP packs get put up on steam, the price will probably go down some

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Red Red Blue posted:

I'd say they are worth it, but there's currently no way to get TP to buy new ones so the supply keeps going down. I'd wait until the new TP packs get put up on steam, the price will probably go down some

I have no faith in TP packs appearing on steam in the next month or two.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

Nigulus Rex posted:

I have no faith in TP packs appearing on steam in the next month or two.

The lack of an opportunity to buy tokens on cash is getting really frustrating; I've had enough silver waiting for me to pick up on the AH to buy a drat token for the past few days, but by the time I can collect it I'm priced out again. You'd think IMC would be aggressive with steam at this point, since at the moment they're making no money off of their game...

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

the fact it wasn't ready to go before they went f2p is just pure incompetence

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Especially when you consider it along with the server problems they've been having.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

or even before

there was a point during early access where I would have whaled on this game but they let it slip past

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
eh i spent 65 bucks and im leveling up my third character. its fun to me :shrug:

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Tokens are back down to 400-450k now.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Where can I grab the main quest again after level 64? I was teleported by the Goddess to the King Gate whatever map. I've gone through all the way to Akmen's Ridge doing side quests (i'm 64 or 65) and I still can't find where the main quest picks up. I was told it shows up again at level 63/64 but I can't find where.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
I've remade my warrior and plan on going SM - Pel - Hop3 - ? - Dragoon. My end goal is to be a serviceable tank that can also deal enough damage to solo effectively. I'm unsure of how I should build my stats. I was thinking of 3 STR - 1 CON - 1 DEX. Also would Doppel be best for the rank before dragoon?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah probably doppel, can't think of much else that would be better

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Any thoughts on doing ranger3->wugushi3 versus r2->w3->musketeer1?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Nigulus Rex posted:

Any thoughts on doing ranger3->wugushi3 versus r2->w3->musketeer1?

It's hard to pass up Musketeer or Cannoneer, especially for something as middling as Ranger 3.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Silento posted:

It's hard to pass up Musketeer or Cannoneer, especially for something as middling as Ranger 3.

Yeah, that's what I was kind of leaning towards. I don't really know a lot on cannoneer versus musketeer, other than cannoneer has low CD aoes, and musketeer has higher CD (mostly?) single target. Not sure which would complement wugushi the best.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I'm seeking for advice here. Making an Archer 1 / Ranger 3 / Musketeer 1, but I've no idea what to insert into the other 2 classes left. Could anyone advise on the pros and cons of the classes available? Thinking between Archer 3, Scout 2, Wugushi 2, or Sapper 2. I'm assuming Rogue doesn't work because you need Crossbow/Dagger, and Fletcher doesn't work because I use bullets, not arrows? Because if Rogue works I'll be going Rogue 2 instead.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
You can do any. You can learn "Weapon swap" in attributes so that you can deal with classes that use different weapons. Lets you equip two sets and hotswap between them.
Ranger is awesome btw, make sure to save half your points from Ranger 2 for Ranger 3, and instantly max Bounce Shot and Steady Shot.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Is cannoneer actually good? I keep hearing it's bad in comparison to musketeers.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Horizontal Tree posted:

You can do any. You can learn "Weapon swap" in attributes so that you can deal with classes that use different weapons. Lets you equip two sets and hotswap between them.
Ranger is awesome btw, make sure to save half your points from Ranger 2 for Ranger 3, and instantly max Bounce Shot and Steady Shot.

For the record, weapon swap also automatically switches weapons whenever you try to use a skill that requires a specific weapon. Which can be convenient for some builds, I assume.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Eeepies posted:

I'm seeking for advice here. Making an Archer 1 / Ranger 3 / Musketeer 1, but I've no idea what to insert into the other 2 classes left. Could anyone advise on the pros and cons of the classes available? Thinking between Archer 3, Scout 2, Wugushi 2, or Sapper 2. I'm assuming Rogue doesn't work because you need Crossbow/Dagger, and Fletcher doesn't work because I use bullets, not arrows? Because if Rogue works I'll be going Rogue 2 instead.

Archer 2 for 100% uptime on swift step and scout 1 for cloaking which will give you 50% bigger snipe crits cloak and barrel utility

edit: also why rouge 2?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 23, 2016

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

cloak is useful but it's only +50% of your base damage added to the attack, doesn't multiply with snipe unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Archer 2 for 100% uptime on swift step and scout 1 for cloaking which will give you 50% bigger snipe crits

Pretty sure that's only 50% of your attack added on, not 50% total damage.

• Locked thread