Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pizzatime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIIxlgcuQRU

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
fremp

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Matey

eat food

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 17, 2016

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

bong

by Shine
These maps are fuckin lame

----------------

bong

by Shine
What's cool about ugly stylized drawings of World of Warcraft zones

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

They're all really cool.

bong

by Shine
Guy who spends 24 hours a day posting on sa under the guise of an anime character: These maps are really cool.

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

Forrest Gump's path through america:

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Darkman Fanpage

was wondering when this would show up :cool:

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

was wondering when this would show up :cool:

I was disappointed nobody did it yet so I did what was necessary!

bong

by Shine

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Forrest Gump's path through america:

Wow....Fascinating share, Martha. Will show the hubby when he gets home.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

bong posted:

Wow....Fascinating share, Martha. Will show the hubby when he gets home.

Thanks, Bong.

Macnult

Piso Mojado

Scaly Haylie

i searched bing for a map of dr. wily's fortress and got this, so it counts.

Matey

eat food

I don't know if this counts but I'm postin' it!

Matoi Ryuko

Matey posted:

I don't know if this counts but I'm postin' it!

Ah, memories...

tao of lmao

So who's using the epic shared "bong" account these days?

Real good stuff.

Cool maps, op.

tao of lmao

cool double post, julio

Swizzbutt

some hot maps in here

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

i let a lady borrow my startropics cartridge in college and she never gave it back. :smith:

Piso Mojado

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

i let a lady borrow my startropics cartridge in college and she never gave it back. :smith:

I loved startropics when I was a kid. I never finished the game because there is a part where you need a code in the physical game manual to move forward, but we had lost it. my siblings and I loved the game so much that we would just consider that the end and just start over haha. Thinking about it now, maybe that was the world's first DRM.

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

FutonForensic

I love doodling maps of strange and fantastic lands :D

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

:eyepop:

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I still want a picture of a map that social justice warriors would use that says BIGOTRY in the middle with a bunch of little army cubes on the sides so the leader can point to it and declare, "We're attacking at dawn!"

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
:wink:

social vegan

Gross Dude

Gross Dude

Piso Mojado posted:

I loved startropics when I was a kid. I never finished the game because there is a part where you need a code in the physical game manual to move forward, but we had lost it. my siblings and I loved the game so much that we would just consider that the end and just start over haha. Thinking about it now, maybe that was the world's first DRM.

This is actually how a lot of games back then fought pirating. I know a ton of games would say "What is the Xth word on Yth page of the instruction booklet" And, a lot of D and D games had these decoder rings you had to manipulate to figure out what text you needed to enter to play the game, since you could just copy a manual.

Here's one deconstructed, but I think I still have mine somewhere. You'd have to align two of the symbols together and you'd get a code and that would be the code you needed that time to play the game. It was always a different pairing of symbols:

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
Also, I had this Ninja Turtles game, and in that one, you had these giant pages of codes and the game would ask you to put in a certain code to play the game. The codes were on an 80x8 grid that spanned two pages and each time you wanted to play it, it would give you the coordinates and you'd have to find the right code.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I went to Portland Oregon with a friend of mine and we visited Powell's City of Books. The store is so huge it has a map-

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Gross Dude posted:

This is actually how a lot of games back then fought pirating. I know a ton of games would say "What is the Xth word on Yth page of the instruction booklet" And, a lot of D and D games had these decoder rings you had to manipulate to figure out what text you needed to enter to play the game, since you could just copy a manual.

Here's one deconstructed, but I think I still have mine somewhere. You'd have to align two of the symbols together and you'd get a code and that would be the code you needed that time to play the game. It was always a different pairing of symbols:

holy poo poo yeah :(

that was back in the day of like 8 floppy disks to install for a game to work and then you graphics card was wrong or something.

back then i loved the ultima cloth maps and the cheesy might and magic maps but my favorite was the greyhawk map i got with the ad&d greyhawk boxed set. wish i still had any of them so i could post them.

deep dish peat moss

Splatmaster posted:

I went to Portland Oregon with a friend of mine and we visited Powell's City of Books. The store is so huge it has a map-

That place is cool

treehaus

Shakill OReal posted:

That place is cool

It's really cool

Matey

eat food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

I see london, i see france, i see a girl in some ugly rear end pants

• Locked thread