Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Man, there's a lot of hate for Killzone. I thought it was fun and the Multiplayer is a blast. Single Player I had more fun than many shooters except for a few space missions and those stupid wave defense sections near the end. CoOp sucks for the same reason Evolve does. Everyone needs to be on the ball for it. *shrugs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Rirse posted:

The best Killzone game is the PSP one. Shame you can't use the fifth chapter on the Vita.

Agreed, I'm legitimately sad they never did a sequel to that one in the same vein.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
How does Geometry Wars 3 compare to Rezogun? My only gripe about that game is that the levels aren't random.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Montalvo posted:

How does Geometry Wars 3 compare to Rezogun? My only gripe about that game is that the levels aren't random.
its not going to be random either if that's what you want, most of those kind of games aren't. Play Luftrausers maybe, that's the best one with random spawns I can think of off the top of my head

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the campaign type levels arent random but are the classic arcade ones?

i played a lot of the vita version since it was a + game and im gonna buy it one steam i think next time it goes on sale

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

If Shadowfall is my first Killzone (and I don't have a PS3 or want PSNow) is it STILL not worth $5? That's such a low price point and I've paid a little more than that for basically toys (Beam.NG, Universe Sandbox, etc.).

I think $5 is a good asking price. Nothing to write home about outside of its graphics and multiplayer (which has since been outclassed). The more interesting stuff was the resolution upscale method in multiplayer that got a lot of panties in a twist, including someone trying to sue Sony for lying about the golden cow that is 1080/60fps, and the usual fanboy PS/XBOX pissing contests of the time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Montalvo posted:

Why would you want random levels.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Awesome! posted:

the campaign type levels arent random but are the classic arcade ones?

i played a lot of the vita version since it was a + game and im gonna buy it one steam i think next time it goes on sale
nah, Geometry Wars spawning is totally deterministic. its a bit less obvious in GW3 than it was in the earlier games though

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Couldn't resist the deal on Jackbox 1 & 2 for :10bux:. I had a blast playing it with friends, and it would be easy to get up a game going with the streaming feature.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

Why would you want random levels.

I'm a hardcore gamer.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rirse posted:

Couldn't resist the deal on Jackbox 1 & 2 for :10bux:. I had a blast playing it with friends, and it would be easy to get up a game going with the streaming feature.

Picked up Jackbox 2 as well, mostly for fibbage and quiplash.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Part of me wants to pick up Wolf Among Us, but I suspect it will be a PS+ offering at some point. TWD season won't be on there again, well it shouldn't.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I bought Hitman Go and it's actually pretty fun

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Is Wolf Among Us similar to Tales from the Borderlands? Or is it more like Back to the Future / Tales of Monkey Island?

I had an amazing time with TFTB, and would love another game that leans more towards interactive movie than adventure game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is similar to current Telltale, so yes TFTB is comparable. I would not call it anywhere near as good, but it's definitely worth checking out.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Marvel lets their activision and capcom licenses expire so Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel Ultimate Allience and every spider-man game aren't on the store
But DC has all the dlc of their Young Justice game foreverly on sale

A travesty

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Is Wolf Among Us similar to Tales from the Borderlands? Or is it more like Back to the Future / Tales of Monkey Island?

I had an amazing time with TFTB, and would love another game that leans more towards interactive movie than adventure game.

I thought it was most like Walking Dead, in terms of tone. It's pretty dark. I also liked it much better than TFTB, but then again I can't stand Borderland's edgy and tWizTed and oh-so-random monkey cheese style of humor.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Sakurazuka posted:

There's no good version of Primal Rage
All versions of Primal Rage are good :colbert:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I think for $5 Murdered: Soul Suspect might be worth trying. I have heard mixed things about it but for that price I'm good with a game that's just okay.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

$4.49 for Thi4f? Finally, a price I can swallow.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nidhogg for $5? sounds good to me

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
What are the pros and cons of Freedom Wars and Persona 3 Portable?

Also Okami HD for $5 on the PS3 is nice, shame it's not on the 4 or Vita.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Anora posted:

fw and p3p are both worth getting for vita

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Anora posted:

Freedom Wars is great fun to play against the big bosses, but mixes them at a ratio of 2/3 boss battles with 1/3 battles against humans, a few of which must be done solo and can't be cheesed. It also front-loads a lot of story, and has a few jokey "get penalized for running" bits which may upset you if you're a serious person. Also, if you are a min-max completionist and can't just roll with whatever bullshit you have, the crafting system will drive you bat-poo poo insane since every craft takes x minutes realtime and there's a lot of randomness involved to get the best gear.

If however you can focus on the fun gameplay you get to saw gigantic robots apart while swinging around on your grappling hook and wielding a 4-barreled rocket launcher.

Persona 3 is Persona. If you like P4G, you'll probably like it too. If you like SMT proper, it'll probably be a disappointment. How do you feel about anime teenager murder mystery stories?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Anora posted:

Generally I vastly prefer Persona 3 Portable compared to the FES version on the store, but it has a few cons.

Pro:

New Female protangist who with has unique social links and the script is changed to reflect her. It also changes the battle theme and Taurus boss theme.

Also has the Persona 4 combat changes, like the much needed direct control of party members. So a certain person in your party won't try casting confuse on the last boss anymore.

Con:

The areas that are not in the dungeons are now just a 2D map now. Which means no more roaming around town, but at the same time it way faster to move around places.

Also no more anime cutscenes. Those are now in-engine, even on the male path.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Freedom wars has an overlong opening that makes the first 2 hours really bad to play.
it also only has a handful of maps so its pretty boring killing the same poo poo in the same place after a while.
the crafting is very obtuse too.

otherwise its one of the better 3rd person shooters on handheld that i've played, grappling hook is pretty cool too but the game doesn't have the content and varied playstyles of soul sacrifice or other hunter games and really should have been better.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Is Arcania worth $5?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Agrias120 posted:

Is Arcania worth $5?

Oh god no

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I got vita killzone game and journey which is supposed to be crossbuy with PS4. I would have gotten freedom wars, but I have that as part of PS+.

Killzone seems neato, I have heard journey is good.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

journey is good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

journey is good

not to be confused with the 80's midway game of the same name featuring the band journey

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

not to be confused with the 80's midway game of the same name featuring the band journey

Well of course it's not that game. Unless of course all PS4s have a tape of separate ways inside?

...can we be sure they don't?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
I highly recommend both Jackbox games, though the first one is better.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ludwig van Halen posted:

$4.49 for Thi4f? Finally, a price I can swallow.

I think the same thing but then I would have to figure out how to fit it on my hard drive and maybe it's not actually worth four dollars.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
It is not.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Thi4f isn't even worth $0.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I got the PS3 version of Thi4f for free on PS+, played it for like an hour tops.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Sheesh, how loving often does Sony's DB get hacked and passwords stolen? I had just changed my password recently, and always use extremely long passwords with upwards of 20 or more characters that are unique. I never share it with anyone, and I only access PSN through my PS4 and Vita. Yet, I noticed a password change message (that didn't even actually change my password) and several messages saying free things had been purchased in my email. Now I have some guy from Germany emailing me saying he bought my account from a shady site. I'm thinking there is absolutely zero way that this could even happen short of actual hacking or brute forcing, which given Sony's track record doesn't seem impossible.

Is there even any phone number I can call or email address I can reach to yell at Sony for this?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

BabyRyoga posted:

Sheesh, how loving often does Sony's DB get hacked and passwords stolen? I had just changed my password recently, and always use extremely long passwords with upwards of 20 or more characters that are unique. I never share it with anyone, and I only access PSN through my PS4 and Vita. Yet, I noticed a password change message (that didn't even actually change my password) and several messages saying free things had been purchased in my email. Now I have some guy from Germany emailing me saying he bought my account from a shady site. I'm thinking there is absolutely zero way that this could even happen short of actual hacking or brute forcing, which given Sony's track record doesn't seem impossible.

Is there even any phone number I can call or email address I can reach to yell at Sony for this?

two step verification can't come fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

BabyRyoga posted:

There's a number on their site that you can call for support. Temper your expectations. They'll help you, but they likely won't care.

• Locked thread