Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Conform to the hivemind or suffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

top kak

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"MAN I REALLY LIKE THIS JOJO THING"
"Yeah man, it's pretty cool."
"I'm not too keen on Part 4 tho, it's alright."
"GET BENT SKELEMAN"

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Let'a at least let him get to Italian Food before we give him a , uh, bad time

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Baal posted:

I am looking forward to everyone turning on Sans because he is not in love with Part 4 even though he's being p harmless about it.

it took me a while to figure out what you were talking about then i remembered that guy's name was that

i bet his favorite part will be 6. no particular reason

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It will be Part 5 and then he will get even more poo poo from the nerds in the thread

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it took me a long time to warm up to every part that wasn't 2

I didn't really care for part 4 until pearl jam and then everything afterwards is my Big Favorite

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

it took me a long time to warm up to every part that wasn't 2

You are scum

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
actually the reason is it's a bone joke

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

2 isn't even in my top 3 I just think it starts the best

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

alcharagia posted:

actually the reason is it's a bone joke

Yes, Dio has sex, what of it?

Ruggington posted:

2 isn't even in my top 3 I just think it starts the best

It doesn't, Part 5 does.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Baal posted:

Yes, Dio has sex, what of it?

That has nothing to do with it though!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i didnt read part 5

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Ruggington posted:

i didnt read part 5

High five!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oh no!!!!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
GJ Ruggington, you won Hace over.

alcharagia posted:

That has nothing to do with it though!

Uh you mentioned bones in relation to Sans, I have to assume it's sex otherwise what other parts of him would you be referring to?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The more time passes, the less I rate Battle Tendency.

No specific reasons as to why, just with retrospect.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Baal posted:

Uh you mentioned bones in relation to Sans, I have to assume it's sex otherwise what other parts of him would you be referring to?

God damnit! Sans the skeleton's ecto-dong has nothing to do with my high-brow Jojoke!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like Battle Tendency still, but it's very by the numbers 80s shonen just with a more bombastic protagonist, so I can appreciate it and have fun with it, but I'm not gonna be like "YEAH THIS IS THE BEST PART BEST JOJO 12/10"

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Though it is vaguely apropos considering Koichi's current relationship status.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

I like Battle Tendency still, but it's very by the numbers 80s shonen just with a more bombastic protagonist, so I can appreciate it and have fun with it, but I'm not gonna be like "YEAH THIS IS THE BEST PART BEST JOJO 12/10"

Of course, I like Battle Tendency too, there are very few parts of JoJo I outright dislike off the top of my head and none of them are in Battle Tendency.

I still have absolutely no desire to re-read it, even though I bought the JoJoniums that are out here so far and I don't want to re-watch the anime. I'd probably rank PB as the worst JoJo part by virtue of it being super short, a sort of testing ground and such but even then, I think I feel more fond of PB as a whole and think a lot more of it "lands" than BT. Weird situation really.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I will never forget Mark

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Of course, I like Battle Tendency too, there are very few parts of JoJo I outright dislike off the top of my head and none of them are in Battle Tendency.

I still have absolutely no desire to re-read it, even though I bought the JoJoniums that are out here so far and I don't want to re-watch the anime. I'd probably rank PB as the worst JoJo part by virtue of it being super short, a sort of testing ground and such but even then, I think I feel more fond of PB as a whole and think a lot more of it "lands" than BT. Weird situation really.

I actually enjoy rereading it more than PB, but I also have come around on PB compared to like three years ago when I thought it was a huge slog of a part even though it's actually super short.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mark the Friendly Nazi is easily one of my favourite BT characters.

Something about a Nazi just rocking up and throwing up the OK sign like a bro is just amazing.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

what if acdc had a stand????

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

I will never forget Mark

I too will never forget mark henry

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

what if acdc had a stand????

He'd still be shite

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

I wonder if next ep, Koichi will remember that he's got a Stand which would be useful for dealing with Yukako? He could get Echoes to sneak up on her and slap a "Let Koichi go!" or "Give up on Koichi, he's not worth all this" sound effect on her. It might not actually work, but surely there's no way he won't try it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm meh on PB as a whole, but vampire Heathcliff is just such a delightful rear end in a top hat, and the beginning and end are so memorable and cool that I still think of it fondly even if, yeah I probably won't ever go back and read it again or anything.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Esidisi is not Santana and that's the best thing about him.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Baal posted:

He'd still be shite

but what if dio went to space and shot kars with a stand arrow and also they kissed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tbh, I like Santana a bit more because the scene with him crawling through the vent is the funniest poo poo ever.

Ruggington posted:

but what if dio went to space and shot kars with a stand arrow and also they kissed

Then you'd be reading this

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Baal posted:

That needs to be fully translated so bad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
768 PAGES OF JOJO FANFIC

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Baal posted:

now what if I kiss dio

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

now what if I kiss dio

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is Lisa-Lisa good, in the Jojo fanfic?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The first half is like actually chronicling the life of George II and Lisa Lisa and it actually gives Lisa Lisa character unlike Part 2, so yes.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm trying to go quad gay here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

if I kiss DIO, while hugging Jonathan's body as he thinks of Joseph...

still not gay enough

• Locked thread