Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i finished MW3, it had better setpieces than MW2 but thats about it

i guess COD kind of does things in threes. COD 1-3 all about WW2, then MW 1-3, Black Ops 1-3, and The Future Series (Ghosts, Advanced, Infinite)

maybe we'll get COD Primal in 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Call of Duty One

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm not gonna play a COD again for a while, but if i do play one it'll probably be advanced because the mega man x movement looks cool

on to cheery games!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
you can officially believe the hype, Doom is spectacularly fun. well the campaign is, haven't tried MP yet because i just redbox'd it

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

you can officially believe the hype, Doom is spectacularly fun. well the campaign is, haven't tried MP yet because i just redbox'd it

From what I hear, the single player mode is definitely worth it, but the multiplayer still needs work.

I'm way behind on computer horsepower, or I'd have it already :sweatdrop:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Three FTL runs in a row where I got to the capital ship and failed. The first one I was 3-4 lifebars from winning. The second fears a joke, I knew I didn't have the strength to take him out. The third, I backed myself into a corner by depending on a fire bomb for battles, which very much doesn't work on the boss though it's just now occurring to me that I should have hit the missile turret with a fire bomb. Might have had a chance. Maybe.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I liked Lady Naga for the most part. She was earnest most of the time and didn't throw fits because people like stories in video games or some equally bullshit thing to get uppity about.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saying things like 'all SNES games are bad' then wondering why people got mad at her was pretty dumb

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Sakurazuka posted:

Saying things like 'all SNES games are bad' then wondering why people got mad at her was pretty dumb
That sounds like a dumb thing to get mad about? :confused:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Sakurazuka posted:

It was dumb but in a way that made me laugh because it was easy to take as blowing off steam and not mean-spirited. Also the instant karma was part of the fun.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
what happened to Lady naga ?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_-aJ1zSpRk&t=237s

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

sounds like an average Stux post, I don't see the problem

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

what's a good ps4 game to play on an 8 hour flight

A PS4 game on a flight? :raise:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

tee hee, look at my ca-razy video game opinions like all SNES games are bad! That's sure to rile up those goons for as you know, I'm a bit of a "pot stirrer" as they say

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
very problematic

All games are beautiful on the inside

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ahundredbux posted:

very problematic

All games are beautiful on the inside

Even Colonial Marines?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

lady naga is gone, but who is this mysterious new poster Miss Lamia ?? detective oddium on the case

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

CrashCat posted:

Stux' stroke-victim posting style makes a difference.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Lol at people acting like lady Naga was just misunderstood and didn't use every other post to spew insults and vitriol at anyone who disagreed with her.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PantsBandit posted:

Lol at people acting like lady Naga was just misunderstood and didn't use every other post to spew insults and vitriol at anyone who disagreed with her.
wow, ignorant, you should feel bad

i don't know why but you should

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
No it is pretty much true

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Even Colonial Marines?
I should finally give it a try.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PantsBandit posted:

yeah but

CrashCat posted:

pretty much.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux is also a terrible poster though.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

never go to threads about (current) hollywood movies in CineD

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I wanna replay Persona 3 or 4 and it's kind of a bummer b/c I don't own a Vita but I don't wanna dig out my PS3 for a PSN copy or my PS2 or whatever. I want to be able to play it on my PS4.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bloodychill posted:

I liked Lady Naga for the most part. She was earnest most of the time and didn't throw fits because people like stories in video games or some equally bullshit thing to get uppity about.

She was the only mature person in the CoD thread... which is probably why she never posts there anymore. :sigh:

I hope she didn't take our trolling seriously; we've always been pretty facetious in every CoD thread since Modern Warfare.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think Far Cry's given me some lame form of Stockholm syndrome. I've finally started playing Shadow of Mordor and whenever I open up the map I think "wow it's so empty!"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
gently caress lady naga

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Mordja posted:

I think Far Cry's given me some lame form of Stockholm syndrome. I've finally started playing Shadow of Mordor and whenever I open up the map I think "wow it's so empty!"

It's actually the best Assassin's Creed game not called Black Flag.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lady naga took every opportunity to say either say something uninteresting or needlessly mean

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I said come in! posted:

A PS4 game on a flight? :raise:

i got one of those gaems cases awhile ago for cheap and its pretty rad for that sorta thing (given the airplane has power outlets)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Tenzarin posted:

Sony was hoping Knack would become the next Crash Bandicoot but it did really bad. Kinda fun game though.

Didn't it outsell the actual Mario game that came out on the WiiU that year?

Ahundredbux posted:

what happened to Lady naga ?

She slithered away to shed her thin skin.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I wanna replay Persona 3 or 4 and it's kind of a bummer b/c I don't own a Vita but I don't wanna dig out my PS3 for a PSN copy or my PS2 or whatever. I want to be able to play it on my PS4.

i cant believe i bought a vita at launch for what amounted to being a persona machine

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I played some elite: dangerous today because I really wanted to feel like I was in space. It was very overwhelming but I won a dogfight with an npc before crashing into a planet, felt like a good start

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I got Mad Max from last month's humble thing and you know what this game is pretty fun for what it is. Chumbucket is also surprisingly endearing; I was expecting him to be an annoying, exposition spewing waste of time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Propaganda Hour posted:

I got Mad Max from last month's humble thing and you know what this game is pretty fun for what it is. Chumbucket is also surprisingly endearing; I was expecting him to be an annoying, exposition spewing waste of time.

Yeah, if upgrades weren't tied to grinding out side missions, or you could just do the story without them it would have been a great game. I also kind of hated the ending but it was inevitable since they wanted it to tie it in to Fury Road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Propaganda Hour posted:

Chumbucket was cool but I wish that his repair speed upgrades weren't locked until near the end of the game.

Also he prounces Dinki Di as "dinky dee" when the actual aussie pronunciation is "dinky day", but considering that the Australian accents were a last-minute thing after people complained that Max had an American accent in the first trailer it's understandable.

• Locked thread