Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Somebody keep an eye out for me on these, I will pay you handsomly (not my pic)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Travis343 posted:

Man what I would give for a properly proportioned 80s Wolverine in the brown and orange costume

The only Wolverine in my collection is from Toy Biz Marvel Legends wave 6, which is the brown and orange costume, heavily inspired by Arthur Adams' classic Wolverine poster/standee that was in every comic shop in the '80s and early '90s.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
dear hasbro start releasing Titans Return because i really fuckin want headmasters and not combiners

i love combiners but as soon as i buy one i have to buy them all

as evidenced by me buying a full set to make sky reign in like, four days

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ShimSham posted:

I'm happy you guys turned me onto the Universe Sentinel.

Wolverine's pissed, but the Sentinel's saying "Who, me?"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the fruits of my wallet:

sky lynx gets here monday

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone skips leg day.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
you don't need leg day when you have other guys to be your legs

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Aphrodite posted:

Someone skips leg day.

Yeah.I'm not a Transformers fan, but I'm a big enough nerd that the idea of five robots that turn into one big robot appeals to me. But all the Transformers Combiners look like four rectangles loosely connected to a mess in the middle.

Power Rangers have had that poo poo figured out for decades, why can't Transformers?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah.I'm not a Transformers fan, but I'm a big enough nerd that the idea of five robots that turn into one big robot appeals to me. But all the Transformers Combiners look like four rectangles loosely connected to a mess in the middle.

Power Rangers have had that poo poo figured out for decades, why can't Transformers?

power rangers/sentai have their mech designed around combinging into a whole, transformers combiners lately are about being able to mix and match, unless its something like the aerialbots or devestator

the next wave of stuff coming this year is going to be tiny robots that turn into heads for regular sized robots, those will actually go together well. it'll also be easier on my wallet than combiners.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 21, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
oh also the next wave of poo poo includes Fortress Maximus, whose head is a robot whose head is ANOTHER robot, and the robot that forms the larger head is the size of an average transformer on its own

so that's fuckin baller

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

God, the Marvel Universe Sentinel would be the best thing if it didn't have that big rear end orange "PUSH ME I'M A loving CHILD'S PLAY THING" button taking up like 1/3 of his chest.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

God, the Marvel Universe Sentinel would be the best thing if it didn't have that big rear end orange "PUSH ME I'M A loving CHILD'S PLAY THING" button taking up like 1/3 of his chest.

I strongly considered using some green stuff to smooth over that piece and just repaint it.

The only down side is that the light up effects and voice features are actually pretty cool, and I'm not savvy enough to somehow move the button to a less noticeable place.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 21, 2016

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys did a full reveal of the Yoda figure. The head is slightly off and maybe some frayed hair would help it but otherwise it's a good figure. I can't see it being more than $200 but they may jack it cause of the diorama.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

boom boom boom posted:

Until a few years ago Hasbro deemed combiners to be impossible to even do. I think their last real attempt before the Combiner Wars line was Fall of Cybertron Bruticus and unless you buy a third party upgrade kit that thing is a travesty.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Hot Toys did a full reveal of the Yoda figure. The head is slightly off and maybe some frayed hair would help it but otherwise it's a good figure. I can't see it being more than $200 but they may jack it cause of the diorama.

It's $200.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vintersorg posted:

I will be buying this.

Looking forward to the deluxe version that includes a waterlogged Frank Oz controlling him from below.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Aphrodite posted:

It's $200.
Perfect, didn't see the Sideshow post yet. :3:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-yoda-hot-toys-902738/?ref=home-slider-Yoda_Sixth_Scale_Figure-20160520&banner=0

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Dear penthouse forum:

I never thought it could happen to me. I found a blue alien warrior for $20 and it broke right out of the package, at least partially because I could've been gentler figuring out it only has a swivel ankle. I'm really hoping I can repair it. :(

Sincerely,

Gorilla Fingers (and not the fun cocaine kind)

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Dear penthouse forum:

I never thought it could happen to me. I found a blue alien warrior for $20 and it broke right out of the package, at least partially because I could've been gentler figuring out it only has a swivel ankle. I'm really hoping I can repair it. :(

Sincerely,

Gorilla Fingers (and not the fun cocaine kind)

Isnt that pretty common with NECA?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Fsmhunk posted:

Isnt that pretty common with NECA?

I had the NECA Christopher Reeve Superman which I was able to pose without much trouble, and when I moved I packed him back up in the original box. While unpacking in the place I tried to put him back in the same pose and his arm snapped off. I was pissed but I figured I could glue it back together... until I saw just how thin and tiny the rod is. I just shoved it in the trash and ordered the Hot Toys Reeve Superman. I'm swearing off NECA outside of any Pacific Rim Jaegers they might do next.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's a Thing of NECA figures but they have gotten better about it in recent years. The Chris Reeve Superman was a very fragile figure, tons of people had problems with it. Everything they make isn't that delicate, at least anymore.

VV Didn't mean that it was old, but that it's an outlier among their recent improved stuff

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 23, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

It's a Thing of NECA figures but they have gotten better about it in recent years. The Chris Reeve Superman was a very fragile figure, tons of people had problems with it. Everything they make isn't that delicate, at least anymore.

The Reeve Superman figure came out like 8 months ago.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

I buy a lot of NECA product and it's generally pretty good. I did recently have an issue with a figure from the new wave of predators having a shoulder joint stuck due to paint drying in the socket, but it was a pretty simple fix with a blow dryer. Overall NECA has a good price for so-so articulation and excellent paint apps and I haven't really had any issues with breakage with their recent offerings.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Speaking of NECA, got a tease today..

Video game related? Tough to tell, I can't find where that pizza box cover comes from.

Along with that, the West Coast is seeing these Nintendo toys trickling into TRU (not my picture):

If anybody sees them I'll repay you for Falco, Link, Paratrooper, Chain Chomp and Villager. G-d Bless

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
:stare:

http://necaonline.com/56438/blog/sa...m_medium=social

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Need...those...turtles.

How does getting NECA SDCC-exclusives work? Is there any way to get them without being at SDCC, or do I need to find someone going?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Agrias120 posted:

Need...those...turtles.

How does getting NECA SDCC-exclusives work? Is there any way to get them without being at SDCC, or do I need to find someone going?

SOMETIMES you can find them at like TRU after or around SDCC but this year they said they weren't going to do that (after getting serious blowback from people who previously went to SDCC thinking they were getting exclusives).

However, I'm sure if you hit the SDCC thread now and/or maybe a little closer to con, you might be able to find someone who might already be going to the booth.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My local comic shop usually sends a couple employees who come back with stuff. I've never had to deal with eBay or sweaty con-goers for SDCC stuff.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blowback, wtf? If they have a surplus of figures they should absolutely make them available via other means, because some of us can't go to SDCC just for some toys. And if the only reason you're going to SDCC is for the toys and you get butthurt if they're made available outside of the con, then maybe you should rethink your priorities and be less selfish? Other people being able to get cool toys without jumping through hoops or paying a 400% markup to scalpers is an objectively Good Thing.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
I hope they come to retail in some fashion. That Shredder sculpt is great. I'd love them all, but decent turtle figures aren't too hard to find, but Shredder doesn't get good figures.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Knowing NECA I'd eventually expect them to repaint the sculpts, especially in non-pixelated decos. I want Shredder and the Foot but not in video game paint.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Thanks for the responses, guys. Looks like it is time to find a SDCC-going goon(s) to suck up to.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

Blowback, wtf? If they have a surplus of figures they should absolutely make them available via other means, because some of us can't go to SDCC just for some toys. And if the only reason you're going to SDCC is for the toys and you get butthurt if they're made available outside of the con, then maybe you should rethink your priorities and be less selfish? Other people being able to get cool toys without jumping through hoops or paying a 400% markup to scalpers is an objectively Good Thing.

Pretty sure the blowback is from the scalpers.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah I want the SDCC exclusive Newt but that is probably not going to happen unless they do a sale through their website or something during the con. I am not the kind of person who can sit f5ing a page hoping to snag something before that fat vampire from Blade adds 500 of them to his cart and ruins it for everyone.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RevKrule posted:

SOMETIMES you can find them at like TRU after or around SDCC but this year they said they weren't going to do that (after getting serious blowback from people who previously went to SDCC thinking they were getting exclusives).

However, I'm sure if you hit the SDCC thread now and/or maybe a little closer to con, you might be able to find someone who might already be going to the booth.

The exclusive lines are apparently enormous though, so you probably need someone who wants them for themselves too.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blackchamber posted:

Pretty sure the blowback is from the scalpers.

Yeah I kinda figured.

Then again I was on an AvP forum over the weekend and someone linked an eBay listing where NECA was literally scalping one of their own figures at a 200% markup. I thought that was a little hosed up, but the other people in the thread defended it by saying "at least they're not marking it up as heavily as other scalpers". :psyduck:

Like they're the manufacturer, you'd think if they're going to sell some of their own products online that they'd offer them at MSRP.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Aphrodite posted:

The exclusive lines are apparently enormous though, so you probably need someone who wants them for themselves too.

NECA's usually got a pretty decent selection so I'm sure there's other goons who already want stuff from them and already waiting in that line.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I really want that Shredder. When I got back a few of the old Turtles figures I had as a kid, I skipped Shredder because the options are shirtless original one that looks goofy, Super Shredder, or the animated one that is very pricey since those figures seem to been a low run. The first two wouldn't be bad, but they almost always have no accessories so they look dorky without the cape or armor on.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It seems like there's been a lot of releases of slight variations on the four Ninja Turtles recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

boom boom boom posted:

It seems like there's been a lot of releases of slight variations on the four Ninja Turtles recently

Among a bunch of separate companies too (Bandai, Playmates, NECA). I'm sure they're riding the wave of the movie's release.

e: more details from Randy from NECA via Twitter:

quote:

-$100 for each set, a bargain to say the least
-license is for US only just like our movie based Turtles, nothing we can do
-only way we are able to make TMNT in this scale is for cons only & sold only in sets. License restrictions no retail
-not a chance of seeing these at TRU in any form

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 23, 2016