Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I can't believe mein eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

FutonForensic posted:

I would like to submit the following

lol

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

FutonForensic posted:

B^U

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

FutonForensic posted:

I'm just sorry I couldn't stick around to see this masterpiece unfold with my own eyes.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEgcxAyfmk0

I couldn't think of a good pun about goons and the titan.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

FutonForensic posted:

Incredible.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

CascadeBeta posted:

We were all CJ.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
http://gfycat.com/HugeRichBluebird#format=GIF

Fun game of backyard football last night.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

CascadeBeta posted:

Is this....a chatlog?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

CascadeBeta posted:

I remember the first time I played too

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

titties posted:

I remember the first time I played too

lmao dread dealing out the ice burns

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

hellfaucet posted:

#1 THE ARTIST (because buckshot said so) // #2 - THE DABBER

man, instead of killing everyone, haven't you just thought like ....maybe we should all just chill out?

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 21, 2016

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Psion posted:

man, instead of killing everyone, haven't you just thought like ....maybe we should all just chill out?

For real this should be in the artist category, this is a classy shot.

e: mobile app didn't realize this is actually a video! Nice.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The PC crew has all these fun contests and all we do is play stuff like BMX vs zentorno and talk about genital mutilation, what a scam.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Buschmaki posted:

The PC crew has all these fun contests and all we do is play stuff like BMX vs zentorno and talk about genital mutilation, what a scam.

So set something up then.

E: but yeah BMX vs Zentorno sucked hard

titties fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 21, 2016

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Psion posted:

This could be a loading screen, drat.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Buschmaki posted:

ehh ps4 krew chats about genital mutilation and PC krew chats about 90% safe werewolf rimjobs :shrug:

different strokes for different folks

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

Meanwhile, terrorist activity!

Our hostage isn't taking the whole "hostage" thing seriously.

Tried to get a picture of our hostage on fire, but everything (and everyone) caught fire. Goon ISIS puts the I in Incompetent!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_0DVKM1ACY

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

hellfaucet posted:

:parrot: THE CATEGORIES :parrot:

so guys, hellfaucet hooked me up with the good poo poo and then, well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19b3ypeDznw

I don't know what happened here but I'm sure it wasn't my fault

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

titties posted:

So set something up then.

E: but yeah BMX vs Zentorno sucked hard

My favorite part was when the titular BMXs were completely useless and you could just run across the platform ten times faster. My also favorite part was when it ended.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So I've spent a lot of time recording and editing a video with the Rockstar Editor, but apparently I can't export it, because I've blocked online access to avoid getting banned for SP mods, and the editor needs to check the video name for foul language. :suicide:

Does anybody know exactly when the game checks for mods and if you only get banned for accessing GTA:O with them running?

Glad the anti-cheat system at least keeps my online experience free of hackers. :downs:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

SplitSoul posted:

So I've spent a lot of time recording and editing a video with the Rockstar Editor, but apparently I can't export it, because I've blocked online access to avoid getting banned for SP mods, and the editor needs to check the video name for foul language. :suicide:

Does anybody know exactly when the game checks for mods and if you only get banned for accessing GTA:O with them running?

Glad the anti-cheat system at least keeps my online experience free of hackers. :downs:

Is there any way to play the video and record the footage using third-party software? That might work. Otherwise, pull all of your mods out of your GTA folder and hope the recorded mod-laden footage sticks? :shrug:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

Is there any way to play the video and record the footage using third-party software? That might work. Otherwise, pull all of your mods out of your GTA folder and hope the recorded mod-laden footage sticks? :shrug:

Yes, but the quality will be much worse, since the export function can render each frame in Ultra at 60 FPS without issue. I modded the game exclusively to make videos, so that's not going to work, either. I also know that all the cameras will be reset if you remove OpenCamera.

All because you can't write bad words in a game riddled with profanity. loving stupid.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

My favorite part was when the titular BMXs were completely useless and you could just run across the platform ten times faster. My also favorite part was when it ended.

And then someone (you maybe?) knocked like three of us off the platform as they tried to bunny hop down on their BMX. That was hilarious

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
I would like to submit the following to The Dabber category.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_YdNCOA-Bc

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

I would like to submit the following to The Dabber category.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_YdNCOA-Bc

noice

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

hellfaucet posted:

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::siren::siren::siren: CONTEST ALERT FOR PC GOONS :siren::siren::siren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

hellfaucet come home and stop me from submitting more videos

(video)

also for real the rockstar editor is two parts good and five parts annoying

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 22, 2016

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

SplitSoul posted:

Yes, but the quality will be much worse, since the export function can render each frame in Ultra at 60 FPS without issue. I modded the game exclusively to make videos, so that's not going to work, either. I also know that all the cameras will be reset if you remove OpenCamera.

All because you can't write bad words in a game riddled with profanity. loving stupid.

its safe to login to social club regardless of how heavily modded your singleplayer/director mode is. just don't join any online sessions (i.e freeroam lobbies or jobs)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jose Mengelez posted:

its safe to login to social club regardless of how heavily modded your singleplayer/director mode is. just don't join any online sessions (i.e freeroam lobbies or jobs)

Far as I can tell from googling, connecting to Social Club reverts RPF archives to their originals, though. Is this not the case?

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

hellfaucet posted:

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::siren::siren::siren: CONTEST ALERT FOR PC GOONS :siren::siren::siren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

I may not have a fancy "art degree" or "video editing software" or "basic taste" but dangit i'm giving this a shot!!

#1 - THE ARTIST

Much like a meal on Instagram, the style of this piece can mostly be described as "a filter". That said, there's some lines to the composition I'm pleased with and importantly, the shot tells a story.

#2 - THE DABBER

This one's self explanatory, I think. I really reached back in my memories to try to capture the spirit of my first exposure to drugs, which also led to the stylistic choice to emulate the early 90s artstyles in vogue at the time.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I think they are good entries. also you have a video editor if you have GTA5 :ssh: ... but I can't help you with basic taste!

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Well I mean hey if no one's submitted anything for SOCIOPATH yet then here's this

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

ClonedPickle posted:

Well I mean hey if no one's submitted anything for SOCIOPATH yet then here's this

George W Bush alt spotted.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
The Artist

The Dabber

The Sociopath

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

SplitSoul posted:

Far as I can tell from googling, connecting to Social Club reverts RPF archives to their originals, though. Is this not the case?

try a mod manager?
https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/gtav-mod-manager

That way if the game verifies cache or whatever you can just reapply them. If the demo's already saved it really shouldn't matter if the mods aren't active when you export it.
When rockstar are satisfied you haven't named it RACIALSLUR.avi or whatever just reapply the mods.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Psion posted:

hellfaucet come home and stop me from submitting more videos

(video)

also for real the rockstar editor is two parts good and five parts annoying

That was a pretty clean canal run. Also, thanks, now I have to make a new stunt flying video because you've done gone and inspired me :argh:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

weg posted:

The Artist

The Dabber

The Sociopath

I love this as a collection!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jose Mengelez posted:

try a mod manager?
https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/gtav-mod-manager

That way if the game verifies cache or whatever you can just reapply them. If the demo's already saved it really shouldn't matter if the mods aren't active when you export it.
When rockstar are satisfied you haven't named it RACIALSLUR.avi or whatever just reapply the mods.

Using that one already, I was just under the impression that not blocking SC or the file checker made it redownload modified RPFs. I'll try playing with it later and hope I don't get banned.

I can't render the video. If I disable mods before exporting, they won't show up. I wouldn't have a problem if they just did their dumb profanity check on upload.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Guys, I am so thoroughly impressed with the submissions to my contest this past weekend. This is a really hard call.

Winners to be announced tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

T1g4h posted:

That was a pretty clean canal run. Also, thanks, now I have to make a new stunt flying video because you've done gone and inspired me :argh:

you should totally do it. I had a few stunts I didn't put in here for time but I might make another one and do them. It was more fun than I thought it'd be, actually, Rockstar Editor Bullshit(tm) aside.

• Locked thread