Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Chocolate Teapot posted:

Sort of related, but there used to be a big officially allowed dump of various bits and bobs on a Frederator flickr account, including full-size versions (like 3000x2000 or something bigger) of various background art without intruding foreground objects. Then CN got irritated and wanted them to remove the lot because they wanted to sell title cards.

edit: actually no they just stopped updating, whoops

there's another crew blog on tumblr kingofooo.tumblr.com that uploads backgrounds and models sheets once in a blue moon (that more frequently releases storyboards)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I thought that was one of the funniest episodes in a long-rear end time. The fly slap, the weekend survivalists, the Lemongrab date... The physical comedy was really spot-on. Plus, "Oh my gosh, I've been calling those something else I entire life." and "No planes! NEVER PLANES!"

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

The fine print is really small but it looks like Manly is being produced at CN Studios. I wonder if they're making him do another pilot or if they're going straight to series.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Das Boo posted:

I thought that was one of the funniest episodes in a long-rear end time. The fly slap, the weekend survivalists, the Lemongrab date... The physical comedy was really spot-on. Plus, "Oh my gosh, I've been calling those something else I entire life." and "No planes! NEVER PLANES!"

I must have laughed for at least 30 seconds at Magic Man throwing everyone on Mars under the bus.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

The last episode was very lore-centric and seems to open the way to a bunch of plot, which is exactly my jam and exactly the opposite of other people's jam.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Bonny's pathetic jellybean fart was worth a good laugh but more than that it just feels weird that she can use actual magic. It's kind of a predictable twist but eh.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Philip Rivers posted:

Bonny's pathetic jellybean fart was worth a good laugh but more than that it just feels weird that she can use actual magic. It's kind of a predictable twist but eh.

If I were to make a bet, I'd say that candy magic played a part in the creation of the candy people, which Bonnie believes to be purely scientific, which could cause an interesting personal crisis considering her relationship with magic.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The omelet she used to have could be like the candy version of the crown since it was apparently powerful enough to animate the gumball guardians.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I liked that episode a lot but I can't decide if it was worth expanding on the idea of the elements because for me it was just the funniest thing ever that that major concept is only mentioned during one throwaway line on Evergreen

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I enjoy Ice King's contempt for Flame Princess. Just "gently caress you, water in the face, let's get this over with."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
drat, I had been loving season 7 so far but I didn't enjoy this episode at all. It had a few funny moments but the Ice Elemental was such a grating, obnoxious character that she really made this one unpleasant to sit through.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

esselfortium posted:

drat, I had been loving season 7 so far but I didn't enjoy this episode at all. It had a few funny moments but the Ice Elemental was such a grating, obnoxious character that she really made this one unpleasant to sit through.

Why do you hate strong willed and eccentric women?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Based on that pre-Mushroom War scene, I bet that that the princesses are gonna team up with the Ice Elemental at some point, probably when the Lich returns.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Okay, so, let me overanalyze for a bit, because I wasn't entirely convinced that the princesses really were the elementals - at least not in the same way as the elementals had existed before, with one person for each element at a time. Given that it didn't seem like candy, slime and flame people existed pre-Mushroom War outside of the elementals (as far as I can recall, and if I'm wrong about that my theory kinda falls apart), and that what the ice elemental used as evidence seemed pretty flimsy - even though PB hasn't been shown to know she could generate candy like that before, it's not like FP is the only flame person able to shoot fire - it seems more to me like the elementals would have turned into the "ancestors" of the current kingdoms. So the candy elemental, or perhaps rather the essence of the candy element, became the Mother Gum - and the others would have been whatever equivalents for the slime and flame people, and they kept spawning (as shown with the Mother Gum) little offshoots that became the people of those elements. So there's no ice people because the ice elemental sealed herself away and never had that happen to her. While that would mean that the princesses technically are elementals, so are all the (not laboratory made, unless PB uses the Mother Gum in making the candy people) people of their kingdoms as well.

Edit: Additionally, in the past, the elementals seemed to always have known they were the elementals, and the princesses appeared to have no idea that they allegedly were. FP has called herself "a fire elemental" in the past, but that seems to just point further at the idea of there not being a singular "the fire elemental" currently (plus she thought Finn was a water elemental so she probably didn't even think about it in the terms of the four primary elements).

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 12:59 on May 26, 2016

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I'll never look at tables the same way again...

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Was that Hannibal Buress as Flame Prince?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

Was that Hannibal Buress as Flame Prince?
It sure was! Now I wanna see more gender swapped episodes.

I gotta wonder if Cake's constant chatter about "flapjacks" was intentional, since she has the same voice actress as the whale in Flapjack.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fanfictionception.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
'What do you think?'

'Wank.'

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Say Nothing posted:

Fanfictionception.

This was absolutely amazing and I had to pause and analyze each layer of changes to their names and species. So great.

Paladinus posted:

'What do you think?'

'Wank.'
Haha, I got that too.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Paladinus posted:

'What do you think?'

'Wank.'

I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard this.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

You'd think honey would be higher up on the table of candy elements.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

Say Nothing posted:

Fanfictionception.

This was great because it took me half the scene to realize how many levels of fanfiction they were showing here.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I wonder how that Ice President got elected...

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

Philip Rivers posted:

I wonder how that Ice President got elected...

He was probably disguised as Nice President on the campaign trail.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I could see how he could have become, say, Ice Prime Minister. He does have a parliament of penguins after all.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
He's probably self appointed president for life of the ice district.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Awaiting the episode of Ice King's fanfiction of Ice's Queen's fanfiction of Ice President's fanfiction.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

If they ever wanna do another claymation episode then 5 Short Claybles would be a solid option.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

axleblaze posted:

He's probably self appointed president for life of the ice district.

Well, if it came down to a vote he could always just create more ice golems to vote for him

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well, if it came down to a vote he could always just create more ice golems to vote for him

That or ge-rime-andering. :v:

Say Nothing posted:

Awaiting the episode of Ice King's fanfiction of Ice's Queen's fanfiction of Ice President's fanfiction.

What if Adventure Time is Ice Duchess's fanfiction that she writes within Ice President's fanfiction?

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 30, 2016

Weedle
May 31, 2006

My fiancée and I watched the Stakes miniseries last night, not having kept up with Adventure Time since season 4 or so, and we were both surprised by how tonally different Stakes is from the Adventure Time we're used to. It seems more deliberately-paced, more character-driven, and less focused on slapstick zaniness than it used to be. Is this the way the show is now?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Weedle posted:

My fiancée and I watched the Stakes miniseries last night, not having kept up with Adventure Time since season 4 or so, and we were both surprised by how tonally different Stakes is from the Adventure Time we're used to. It seems more deliberately-paced, more character-driven, and less focused on slapstick zaniness than it used to be. Is this the way the show is now?

Kinda. Like the show just sort of does what it wants from episode to episode and will often still just be wacky adventures but over the years they, for better or worse depending on who you ask, have spent a lot more time developing characters. Like Stakes was more focused than the show is a bunch of the time but it wasn't tonally all that different.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Weedle posted:

yep. I think the transition occurred during season 5

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Weedle posted:

No, it's still the same show it was. They just have spurts of character development and story here and there, most of it is still focused on "adventure of the day" format. But they had that before season 4 too, not an 8 part miniseries though.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Yeah I've been watching this show for a long time and for me the first real transition was mortal folly/recoil, which was as early as the end of season 2.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I kinda want them to just go back to "adventure of the day" because Moynihan and Sugar were the only ones who ever wrote interesting "story" episodes and now they're both gone

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I kinda want them to just go back to "adventure of the day" because Moynihan and Sugar were the only ones who ever wrote interesting "story" episodes and now they're both gone

What about Herpich and Wolfhard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

What about Herpich and Wolfhard?

I mean they're good, but they're still pretty run of the mill. Jmoyns was weird and creative as all hell.

• Locked thread