Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
That tiger looks like a pepe to me, my brain is ruined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

its a slow day in the politics mines apparently

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mannerup posted:

mcafee made this ad yesterday

it is loud, seizure-inducing and insane

Rave Against the Machine

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Well now. I used to think Twitter was worthless :allears:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

OatmealRaisin posted:

No way. California hates New York more than they love celebrities.

Honestly this really doesn't hold water in my experience. Even in the suburban and rural areas most people just don't care. Or they find it mildly curious and ask a few questions. True in rural areas you are going to get more jealousy.

I have seen well dress guys drop the "I'm from New York" line and get intrest from Cali girls.

The only exception to this rule is when the Yankees are in town and their fans feel the need to drink heavily and yell "Yankeees" in the bleachers or more amusingly near the bathroom/parking lot. Then there really isn't a verbal confrontation with a lot of hate, local gents just quietly roll up the more obnoxious ones much to the amusement of all.

For example I've never heard "new york" or "new yorker" used disparagingly. No "that new york gently caress" or anything. However there is an East coast vs West coast thing that is real. In person, anecdotally I've heard some rear end in a top hat start the "East coast best coast" and that gets a response, but that's reactionary West coast pride. In LA though I think West Coast tribalism is more of a real thing.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 21, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

sharkbomb posted:

Trump could have been taken down early if Jeb and Rubio had been willing to team up. At the time it was never going to happen. In retrospect, it was one of the few ways they could have stopped him and saved their party from the unwashed masses. Maybe if Jeb had unloaded his warchest early on Trump he could have been taken down, but that probably would have just handed the nomination to Rubio 1.0

Also, Trump's whining on Twitter is kind of pathetic FYI

I don't know, Jeb and his campaign didn't seem to being particularly effective, even his ads were pretty laughable.

I'm not sure a ad blitz would have torpedoed Trump, given his media savy and also success at bully other candidates/deflect attacks back to their source.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the only way to stump the trump is to kill him as a baby, and jeb! couldn't even do that properly. sad!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

you gotta kill baby hitler

~ just jeb! things ~

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
That reminds me that Jim Gilmore flip-flopped on whether he'd kill Baby Hitler.

He actually thought it necessary to contact BuzzFeed and clarify his position on the issue of whether, if he had a time machine and could only travel back to the time and place when Hitler was a baby, he'd kill the baby.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

mannerup posted:

mcafee made this ad yesterday

it is loud, seizure-inducing and insane

holy poo poo mcafee took a class in shubelmorgan videography

e: also good, to add to the ones Darkman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmYMzxA_U-c

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

shiksa posted:

Ah yes the vernin beisbolcats

please, it's just vernin. mr. beisbolcat is my father

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Since this thread enjoys seeing Glenn Beck get poo poo on and crying I thought you guys might enjoy this.

Carlson: Glenn Beck 'acted like he was auditioning to be Mark Zuckerberg's manservant' at Facebook meeting

SAD!!!
Hey, remember that other time Tucker used the phrase "sniff the throne"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

oystertoadfish posted:

you gotta kill baby hitler

~ just jeb! things ~

man up! *shoots babt hitler in the face*

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i just thought about that time jeb! tweeted a picture of a gun with his name on it and everybody treated it like a cry for help or like he was threatening a shooting and laughed out loud

~ just jeb! things ~

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

oystertoadfish posted:

i just thought about that time jeb! tweeted a picture of a gun with his name on it and everybody treated it like a cry for help or like he was threatening a shooting and laughed out loud

~ just jeb! things ~

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

america

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

crazy cloud posted:

That tiger looks like a pepe to me, my brain is ruined

good im glad

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

oystertoadfish posted:

its a slow day in the politics mines apparently

The vein has run dry boys, it's turned poisonous. Kasich the Canary dropped dead.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine
To the people earlier who don't know anything about projects but continued to post about it, currently city housing authorities and the FHA develop mixed economic use building projects because of the cesspools of crime and overall bad situations that 100% low income projects create. Its nice to have opinions and to post about them with your other suburbanite liberal friends but they have nothing to do with anything real.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Helical Nightmares posted:

Well now. I used to think Twitter was worthless :allears:

It's good when people seem to not understand the character limit and post a train of meltdown twits.

Kiss the Trump ring Wilson!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Nenonen posted:

Soros for president!

Or Koch/Koch 2016

One of the Kochs already ran, on the worst platform in 240 years of American history.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jewel Repetition posted:

One of the Kochs already ran, on the worst platform in 240 years of American history.

That's pretty impressive.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

No Mans Land 2 posted:

To the people earlier who don't know anything about projects but continued to post about it, currently city housing authorities and the FHA develop mixed economic use building projects because of the cesspools of crime and overall bad situations that 100% low income projects create. Its nice to have opinions and to post about them with your other suburbanite liberal friends but they have nothing to do with anything real.

There are downsides to this, it makes it harder/more expensive to administer social services to the poor. But yeah, especially given all of the other aspects of systemic otherization of the poorer parts American society, outcomes from mixed housing and vouchers tend to be faaar better than concentrating the poor.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I'm pretty sure the Wallace / LeMay 1968 ticket wins the prize for worst platform of all time. Segregation forever and nuclear war is hard to beat.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There are downsides to this, it makes it harder/more expensive to administer social services to the poor. But yeah, especially given all of the other aspects of systemic otherization of the poorer parts American society, outcomes from mixed housing and vouchers tend to be faaar better than concentrating the poor.

Theres downsides to everything. And now they build community health clinics in those same areas. Thats the trend in the northeast at least. The biggest social services those people need are jobs and constant policing anyway. Also for their kids to not drop out at 16 and join gangs.

Mods before you probate for this consider that you might not actually know much about anything thats really going on other than through your massaged internet data sources.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

I'm pretty sure the Wallace / LeMay 1968 ticket wins the prize for worst platform of all time. Segregation forever and nuclear war is hard to beat.

Yeah I was just saying that to get you to one-up it.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine
Segregation is real and its actually what most people want though. They just want equal access to public (and private) services as they stay in their enclaves the rest of the time. Separate, but.....similar?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

No Mans Land 2 posted:

Just make sure the poor have their own door.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

No Mans Land 2 posted:

No Mans Land 2 posted:

Segregation is real and its actually what most people want though. They just want equal access to public (and private) services as they stay in their enclaves the rest of the time. Separate, but.....similar?

Turns out it's you who doesn't know poo poo about poo poo

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

No Mans Land 2 posted:

Once again NML confuses "the loudest people" with "most people"

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

Al! posted:

Turns out it's you who doesn't know poo poo about poo poo

I grew up on a lower middle class street surrounded by 100% low income housing projects, in a large northeastern, and highly economically and ethnically diverse, city. Also my mother for a number of years worked for a non profit but city and state funded redevelopment association in one of the lowest income/highest crime areas of the city.

Oiled and Ready posted:

Once again NML confuses "the loudest people" with "most people"

I confuse peoples housing location choices with their predispositions, yes.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

No Mans Land 2 posted:

I grew up on a lower middle class street surrounded by 100% low income housing projects, in a large northeastern, and highly economically and ethnically diverse, city. Also my mother for a number of years worked for a non profit but city and state funded redevelopment association.

Huh I wonder why you might have delusional ideas about what "redevelopment" means then

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I'm guessing... Boston?

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

No Mans Land 2 posted:

Wow, you know you are human waste for this statement. That is why you may find decent people would like segregation from you.

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine

Al! posted:

I'm guessing... Boston?

Yes. You think whats happening there is somehow an outlier?

I said where i was from before so i dont think your guessing is that good btw

Princess Di posted:

Wow, you know you are human waste for this statement. That is why you may find decent people would like segregation from you.

The majority of people prefer to live near people they can identify with. Tell me im wrong

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

btw this is still happening

https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty/status/734172124877721601

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
I stopped trying to understand Robert Morrow a long time ago.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

god bless

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/OliviaMesser/status/734162475860385792

https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty/status/734173220182450176

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Government of the people, by the people, for the people.

• Locked thread