Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
What model is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

I just started using Cremo, am I crazy or does it smell like fruit loops?

Lady kind or regular? The lady kind is coconut mango, which doesn't screen Froot Loops to me, but I can see how you'd get there.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Lady kind or regular? The lady kind is coconut mango, which doesn't screen Froot Loops to me, but I can see how you'd get there.

Regular, though I'm not sure why it's gendered :confused:

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

Yeah, that sort of bothered me when I reordered. The first tube I bought didn't say lady on it, it just said the scent, which I assumed was fruitier than the regular. At least they're the same price and the lady version isn't more expensive! That's often the case.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

bongwizzard posted:

What model is that?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It's warming up, and I saw this in the supermarket so I had to get it:

It's pretty damned tasty and refreshing.

Naturally in the few days since I got it it's been raining and cold.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Yeah, I always have bought the regular, CVS doesn't have the lady version where i live. And yes, it is all the citrus and fruit loops.

===

Just bought a big family pack of Popeye's. It's so good.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

That looks cool as hell but I am too old fashioned I guess as that is a ton of money to catch a buzz in the grocery store or whatever.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

bongwizzard posted:

That looks cool as hell but I am too old fashioned I guess as that is a ton of money to catch a buzz in the grocery store or whatever.

Vaporizers are also nice because you don't have clouds of pot smoke to contend with. I can puff on my vaporizer all day in the house and you wouldn't know unless I told you I had been doing it.

Plus you can save all of the spent material and cook it in butter/oil and make edibles.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Upon checking the Cremo website the only difference between lady and non-lady is the smell. Which fair enough I guess.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Got some board shorts with a 6" inseam. Thanks to a Zappos coupon I got this for $2!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I had one of the first models. Very cool, but the internal tube that connects the "oven" to the mouthpiece will get gummed up with resin after a few months of you don't religiously clean it out with a stiff pipe cleaner. If it gets gummed up, it can gently caress up the on/off mechanism because you can't properly click the mouthpiece in/out. The piece itself is loving awesome though and well worth the money. Also, I highly recommend getting a volcano for your home if you use a lot; the best smoking/vaping experience I've ever had.

Tl,dr: clean it out regularly.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Geoj posted:

and you wouldn't know unless I told you I had been doing it.
Actually, research shows that literally everyone does indeed know.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Mostly want to shill for Sanuk. The pair on the left is roughly five years old (maybe older??) and I finally replaced them with the pair on the right, which I fully expect to last another 5 years or more. People freak out when I tell them I spent $60 on sandals, but I wear them 90% of the time I'm not at work, and they are comfy as hell.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Those aren't sandals, those are boat shoes

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Decided my pillow game needed a bit of a shakeup

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I went to the flea market and bought a CD for 1€.

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious

LingcodKilla posted:

Just completed the process on purchasing a house on Puget Sound, WA. 2.5 acres of flat wooded land and 3250+ sqft house. Came with a big ol generator and riding lawn mower. It's about a mile or so from the Seattle ferry.

I put about 3/4 down payment.

You put....75% down?

Jesus

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

PCOS Bill posted:

Those aren't sandals, those are boat shoes

They market them as sandals. I've described them as boat shoes and nobody ever seems to know what I mean. And I live in Florida and these people should know what boat shoes are.

Defghanistan
Feb 9, 2010

2base2furious

couldcareless posted:

I bought a car

Congrats! The 2015 (or is that a 16? I can't remember if they kept the same wheel styling) is amazing.

AnimalChin posted:

No, you bought a great car.

If and only if you got the 6-speed.

The DSG in that thing is one of the best dual-clutch systems on the market, it's phenomenal.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I wanted to like this new GTI but I'm irrationally mad about those wheels. Couldn't they mirror image them for the other side of the drat car???

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Give one of those wheels a paint job so it looks like Sonic's legs and shoes, then of course paint the torso above the wheel well

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Defghanistan posted:

You put....75% down?

Jesus

He could have just bought it with cash. His mom's basement sold really well in California and he's fleeing to a free state.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Wanamingo posted:

Decided my pillow game needed a bit of a shakeup

I have a memory foam pillow I got a few years ago and I can't imagine going back to anything, but I feel the same way about the memory foam bed.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

Humerus posted:

They market them as sandals. I've described them as boat shoes and nobody ever seems to know what I mean. And I live in Florida and these people should know what boat shoes are.

They look more like boat shoes to me. Sandals to me are generally an open toed thing.

Probably just a regional thing. Take my region with a grain of salt though because I live on a relatively large lake that is 5 hours from the nearest ocean and every body thinks it's cool to put SlutSalt Life stickers on their vehicles.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TJChap2840 posted:

They look more like boat shoes to me. Sandals to me are generally an open toed thing.

Probably just a regional thing. Take my region with a grain of salt though because I live on a relatively large lake that is 5 hours from the nearest ocean and every body thinks it's cool to put SlutSalt Life stickers on their vehicles.

Oh yeah, they're definitely boat shoes. The giveaway is the white soles.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Vastarien posted:

In a desperate attempt to relive my teenage years, I bought a pair of these:

Almost as good as these:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

PCOS Bill posted:

He could have just bought it with cash. His mom's basement sold really well in California and he's fleeing to a free state.

I was waiting for this. Houses in the Bay Area generally don't have basements and she has not sold yet. But don't worry Bill I'm a part owner on her house too and I'll get my cut of it when she does.

My previous house skyrocketed (I bought it very close to what would become the main Facebook campuses on chance a decade ago) and I decided to cash out because a ton of new housing is being made in my city and services are already over taxed. I don't have a job in the tech sector so why stay? Housing anywhere outside Bay Area, California just feels .... Normal.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe
New chaise to sit my rear end on.

Ginormous tv, stock image from Sony, excited for some 4k netflix.

Who's still on Crema chat?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Is 4k Netflix really that good? I don't see how it could have a high enough bandwidth to even match Blu-Ray discs, let alone 4x the quality. Sure, 4k discs will be a thing, but I don't see anyone steaming quality that's even equal to Blu-Rays unless they have gigabit fiber at a minimum

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Sentient Data posted:

Is 4k Netflix really that good? I don't see how it could have a high enough bandwidth to even match Blu-Ray discs, let alone 4x the quality. Sure, 4k discs will be a thing, but I don't see anyone steaming quality that's even equal to Blu-Rays unless they have gigabit fiber at a minimum

Most blurays are 20-30 Mbps.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

On sale for :10bux: at my local grocery store

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

Sentient Data posted:

I believe Netflix 4k doesn't match up to the new, "Ultra HD" 4k standard. But for my purposes it should be alright. The tv also supposedly comes with $120 in credit for Sony's own 4k ultra download service, so if Netflix is underwhelming I will go that route.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

I am still not entirely sure what happened in the ending of The Fractal Prince, but I ordered the last in this trilogy because it's one helluva ride.

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.

Sentient Data posted:

It's pretty good, I just got a Samsung 65" 8500 model and from where I sit, I can very easily tell when something is 4k and when it's 1080. Amazon does the whole HDR thing, so their shows look much better than most of what's on Netflix but Daredevil and their other original 4k content looks good. It's not that 1080 stuff looks bad, but the 4k stuff is noticeably sharper. Someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but a huge chunk of BD data bandwidth is eaten up by the audio tracks. I don't know about all the codecs and everything that's out there but streaming is where you're going to get the vast majority of 4k content for a while and I'm sure netflix records and produces shows to work best within their compression method. Even youtube can look stunning- there are a bunch of demos and things recorded on 4k/8k Red cameras that are pretty jaw-dropping.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Humerus posted:

Mostly want to shill for Sanuk. The pair on the left is roughly five years old (maybe older??) and I finally replaced them with the pair on the right, which I fully expect to last another 5 years or more. People freak out when I tell them I spent $60 on sandals, but I wear them 90% of the time I'm not at work, and they are comfy as hell.

I bought a similar pair of their boat shoes like the new ones you just bought and I love them. Super comfortable.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

from where I sit, I can very easily tell when something is 4k and when it's 1080

How far are you from your screen? I read that you have to be in a certain range to notice the [1080/4k] difference. You guys that stream 4k, what's your bandwidth/connection?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Sicilian posted:

New chaise to sit my rear end on.

Ginormous tv, stock image from Sony, excited for some 4k netflix.

Who's still on Crema chat?

Dude that chaise is bomb.

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.

colas posted:

How far are you from your screen? I read that you have to be in a certain range to notice the [1080/4k] difference. You guys that stream 4k, what's your bandwidth/connection?

I'm about 10 feet. I have 150mb internet from Comcast. I haven't figured out how to bring up the streaming info for netflix, but they say you need around 25mb/s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

I'm about 10 feet. I have 150mb internet from Comcast. I haven't figured out how to bring up the streaming info for netflix, but they say you need around 25mb/s.

25mbps is about where I'm at with ATT, I don't think my poo poo can handle it.

edit: poo poo, I was just checking and I only get 12mbps down.

colas has a new favorite as of 19:21 on May 22, 2016