Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jusupov posted:

nice and crunchy

Ok, I glossed over this poo poo before.

Licorice fries? What the gently caress else could they be?

Whomsoever decided that this should be a "thing" should lick my taint unto eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i hosed up

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

VendaGoat posted:

Those are 'got drunk and put frozen fries in the oven and promptly passed out for 12 hours' fries.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pomp posted:

i hosed up

Actually, you're a genius.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

VendaGoat posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just burnt fries+lighting. I've made ones that look remarkably similar by putting a batch in the oven drunk and promptly passing out in bed until morning, so they baked for a good 10 hours or so.

e: what fetusslapper said

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Pomp posted:

i hosed up

I love meringues! And you somehow managed to fit all of them on one hand, yay!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scathach has a new favorite as of 09:11 on May 21, 2016

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

How about an amuse bouche?

Cucumber marshmallow served on a tin of sardines. Very amusing. Tasted like sweet cucumber foam. The rest of the meal was pretty much regular food though, albeit pretty fancy. I don't know how I really feel about amuse bouches. They are almost always quite silly, but they are certainly interesting.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Am I allowed to ask how much that cost? Because I really want to know. Also did you get to eat the sardines too?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Murphy Brownback posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just burnt fries+lighting. I've made ones that look remarkably similar by putting a batch in the oven drunk and promptly passing out in bed until morning, so they baked for a good 10 hours or so.

e: what fetusslapper said

how did you not wake up to the fire dept kicking down your door.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Scathach posted:

Am I allowed to ask how much that cost? Because I really want to know. Also did you get to eat the sardines too?

You are, but I am really not- it was a pre-wedding thing that I went to. It was dinner for about 20 people at a fancy place in a suburb, so my husband and I estimated around 50-75 a head, but we had like six courses so I'd reckon those are a few Euros each (this is in The Netherlands). I would have much rather eaten the sardines. It was p fancy but even I, as the proverbial uncultured American cousin, was able to pick out some issues with the meal. Like we got these real nice pork cutlets, but then was a side dish that was just salty corned beef on top of a ravioli filled with more salty dry meat, and desert was strawberries (fine) and frozen yogurt (also fine) but they also put in some rhubarb crunched up ice, which would have been fine if it was just sweetened rhubarb, but the texture was off and I don't see why they need two kinds of frozen stuff, it didn't really add to the dish.

My husbands family is really into this sort of restaurants, and it took some getting used to. Like the first time I was here it was someone's b-day and "here's some fish foam with the endocrine gland from a calf!" It's all so over-hyped, and the trend recently, as from above, is to just cram as many flavors/textures into dish because why the gently caress not?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Urgh.
The only place soft squishy small organ meats should go is in a sausage or a pate.

Scratch that all organ meats are cool and good and people should eat more of them.

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 12:33 on May 21, 2016

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

bringmyfishback posted:

(Chinese McDonalds is the least delicious thing on earth, btw.)

Thanks for this warning, it's what I would expect and why I haven't eaten at McDonald's in the year or so I've been here but I've been tempted to try that Angry Birds thing and I appreciate the confirmation of my suspicions. Still though, if you're up for it you should by all means give it a shot.

Also

Rigged Death Trap posted:

all organ meats are cool and good and people should eat more of them.

You're goddamn right.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Organ meats are gross

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill posted:

Organ meats are gross

Ogre meats are gross

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cumslut1895 posted:

Ogre meats are gross

P....probably?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

bunnyofdoom posted:

To celebrate the thread merge I have returned. And as such, I will be doing a trip report of this abomination tonight. Consider it the sequel to the PB burger.

Alrightie then. I did it. I went and ordered it

BEHOLD, FAST FOOD SUSHI. Also pictured, my 3rd beer of the evening, a quite nice stout.

Well, then, let me dive on in

As seen here with my grotesquely swollen arm. I dove in with chopsticks.

....it was really loving good you guys. Like I mean, it's a dumb fad, but it was actually tasty. Turns out, all the meat were from a good local butcher, and the cheese was a smoked aged cheddar. Like, it is a p. good twist on sliders on the menu. So, yeah, dumb idea, but executed really well and now I am sad that I don't have more to snark on.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
..yeah... swollen arm... go with that...

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

PCOS Bill posted:

Lymphadaemia from Cancer. So....yes?

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Haverchuck posted:

how did you not wake up to the fire dept kicking down your door.

350 degrees isn't enough to ignite anything. It defiantly stinks up the house but it isn't a smoke smell, more of an oven on self cleaning mode smell.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Scathach posted:

"deconstructed Tequila Sunrise"

Luckily I've never been to a place that deconstructed my drinks to that degree. The most I had was a margarita with an optional shot on the side.

I bet that crap costs 15 bucks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

You're not going to ask if the meat was cooked thoroughly?

mania
Sep 9, 2004

bringmyfishback posted:

China has some kind of Angry Birds burger a McDonalds. the bun is magenta. Should I eat it for the thread? (Chinese McDonalds is the least delicious thing on earth, btw.)

Ooo we have that here too.

Sorry thread, not eating that burger 'cause spicy nuggets are back for the Angry Birds campaign and I need to stuff myself with as many nuggets as possible before they're sold out again.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mania posted:

Sorry thread, not eating that burger 'cause spicy nuggets are back for the Angry Birds campaign and I need to stuff myself with as many nuggets as possible before they're sold out again.

You know you can easily make spicy chicken at home right? Even in nugget sized pieces if you were so inclined.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

^^^agreed

Stop putting everything in jars :( jars are for canning fuckwits

http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/r...#tablespoon.com

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scathach has a new favorite as of 22:06 on May 21, 2016

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

You know you can easily make spicy chicken at home right? Even in nugget sized pieces if you were so inclined.

Are you seriously pulling the "why would you eat at a restaurant when thing can be made at home" card in this thread you miserable gently caress

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

Are you seriously pulling the "why would you eat at a restaurant when thing can be made at home" card in this thread you miserable gently caress

VS McDonalds yeah.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

you might be able to make chicken nuggets at home, but you can't infuse them with the correct amount of sodium and shame to be mcdonalds

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

PCOS Bill posted:

Weren't you complaining about having to wait for yeast to rise without adding cups of sugar to bread dough?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TotalLossBrain posted:

Weren't you complaining about having to wait for yeast to rise without adding cups of sugar to bread dough?

No I use a teaspoon for an hour rise

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I'm the people responding unironically to PCOS Bill.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Soiled Meat

Aesop Poprock posted:

Are you seriously calling MCD a restaurant

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
You're a terrible gimmick poster, PCOS Bill. I hope all your steaks are overdone.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Roro posted:

You're a terrible gimmick poster, PCOS Bill. I hope all your steaks are overdone.

But that's how he likes them! They should all be blue.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Picnic Princess posted:

But that's how he likes them! They should all be blue.

He should have to gnaw on a live cow.

Like this lady did with giant blocks of chocolate and lard. https://theartstack.com/artist/janine-antoni/gnaw-1

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
minecraft texture packs are getting pretty realistic

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

mania posted:

It's okay, we had someone do something similar, which you reminded me to put in the OP. :downs:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Would if it wasn't from BK. I'm down with fast food egg sandwiches, but they have to be gooy and runny as gently caress on a burg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I'm just going to assume this is some Japanese thing but what the gently caress, a fruit sandwich?