Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

he never said which direction he was catching up in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Radical posted:

on the topic of plat and diamond generally as i get closer to d5 i notice the number of one tricks increases by a considerable amount. generally when i climb is when im only picking one champion and when i start to fall is when im picking a bunch of different champs. the td;lr is just that even if you do well in your lane, if you're not comfortable on the champion its hard to focus on where their jungler is and when you can roam/tp for a play and bail out the other lanes. the amount of games you win starts to go up the more you're able to feed other players an advantage.

alternatively if you're a good adc/support you can just blaze through plat because that lane seems to have the lowest skill level among the people who play it relative to other lanes. queueing fill for my last 5 games (and getting support each time) its been pretty effortless to crush the lane. hell, my last game i had a guy that was a kalista onetrick and the enemy twitch was 100 cs behind him and i cant remember the last time i saw someone get poo poo on so bad.

This generally holds true but gently caress if the other two lanes can't figure out how to maintain stability. I've lost like 10+ games off of doing pretty well or evened out with my botlane until the toplane dies eight thousand loving times and their toplane warpdrives bot along with the jungler and it turns into this brutal 4v2 divefest. It's really assy. Then again I was playing a lot of Jhin and the guy requires a team to at least be stable so he can loving destroy people with high damage autos, but ADCs that can do the work without less of their team, like Ez or Twitch or something seems to work out better. I'm omitting Lucian because I'm banning that rear end in a top hat until they nerf him because I'm tired of the CDR build.

Hell I duoed with the almighty Bond, master of being way too aggressive as his support and we scored a double almost immediately, only to have the jungler immediately arrive @ 3 with a teleporting midlane level 4 TF crushing us while our Azir was behind in CS despite the TF roaming bot nonstop. It just seems to be such a challenge for laners to just be stable and not die uncontrollably. If one lane can get slightly ahead and the rest keep even or slightly behind, it's an easy W.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 21, 2016

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Libertine posted:

Melee AD champions SHOULD all be extremely situational and can single-handedly ruin the damage balance of a team composition; however, they are among the most popular of all characters in the game and there are so many people who pick them regardless of their viability in the composition the team drafts.

I would say in the last few years I've probably easily won and handily lost about a hundred games because a team on one side drafted four pure AD and the other side just armor stacked and rolled them the gently caress over. Just yesterday was playing a game with goons and the enemy team was Zed, Rengar, and Lee Sin all full AD / zero tank on one team. If you finish a draft and that's what you got the lobby should just close with defeat at champion select and all five people should get a loss.

It's one of the easiest things to see, note, and avoid doing, but people are so strangely compelled to their swordsmen that they simply cannot help themselves most of the time, hence why they must often be banned for the sake of the team, so that you don't lose the game at champion select.

i feel like i haven't been getting free wins from these games nearly as easily this season, a lot of those champs have an easy time snowballing ahead of the damage vs armor curve if your teammate who's laning against them is bad, and the new maw is still problematic. it's only easy if you're late enough in the pick order that you can identify it and pick e.g. rammus or malphite, itemization alone isn't always enough.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Sometimes your top mid and jungle are the top picks and theirs are the bottom picks so you can't just lock in malphite/rammus, and sometimes those melee carry win their lane and no amount of armor will save you, especially if a Yasuo is good and makes use of his ult ignoring 50% armor.

On different note, you'll always see people complain "oh my teammate was bad" "that guy can't stop feeding" "your so bad you got 4 man ganked while sitting under your tower"

People always blame the teammates, but not once, not ONCE, do they ever say the other player is good or did a good play, it's just always your teammate being bad, never the other guys being good.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=7ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=7ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=170ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=224ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=408ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=533ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=500ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=368ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=334ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=331ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=357ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=331ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=389ms TTL=64

Lol are you loving serious.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:laffo: God drat

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Thanks for the answers. I actually didnt realize that the jump is from like top 9% for plat V to top .9% for diamond V. That actually sounds awful so maybe I'll stop when(if) I hit plat and save myself the pain. Then again, I did play MMOs for years and years so I do have a history of doing lovely grinds for little-to-no payoff.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i mean if you have fun playing league its not really a grind. i think it can be pretty exhausting trying to bail out the sinking ship sometimes but its fun

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
But in good news

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Radical posted:

i mean if you have fun playing league its not really a grind. i think it can be pretty exhausting trying to bail out the sinking ship sometimes but its fun

Yeah ultimately League is a pretty fun game, and it's more fun with friends, so for all the downsides of Dynamic queue, the fact that you can play ranked with your homeboys trumps them for me

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Talking about Zyra, she feels very button-mashy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Talking about Zyra, she feels very button-mashy.

If you just mash buttons you're not getting the ideal damage out of her, though she has high burst with just a faceroll

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Sometimes your top mid and jungle are the top picks and theirs are the bottom picks so you can't just lock in malphite/rammus, and sometimes those melee carry win their lane and no amount of armor will save you, especially if a Yasuo is good and makes use of his ult ignoring 50% armor.

On different note, you'll always see people complain "oh my teammate was bad" "that guy can't stop feeding" "your so bad you got 4 man ganked while sitting under your tower"

People always blame the teammates, but not once, not ONCE, do they ever say the other player is good or did a good play, it's just always your teammate being bad, never the other guys being good.

Nah I was pretty loving bad on my fiddlesticks game yesterday when I went 2/16/8.
Like actually jesus what the gently caress.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

i would like to make a trip report.

taliyah is extremely bad and people who keep on telling me she's good haven't proven me wrong.

p.s. still perma banning lucian.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Radical posted:

It's fun but I've been playing for six years so I feel a little grizzled and annoyed when the same poo poo happens for the umpteenth time in ranked, but playing ADC has been a fun alternative to playing jungle, which was something I was doing prior for 3 or 4 years.

On a totally unrelated note, the phrase "clown fiesta" is significantly worse than clowncar or clownshoes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
taliyah's ult is such a gently caress you when they're doing barons/dragons but her q is bad

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

playing jungle for 3 or 4 years sounds like something that could cause permanent emotional damage

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Verviticus posted:

veigar dumpster tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynqWojk8EyE

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Nah imma just gently caress around with yas in normals where it doesn't matter

Ranked play I save for bardo

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i had a game as jungle today when i was filling and i ganked every lane and people got solo killed and all determined it was my fault. i recommend not doing that role and if you do just pick kindred and mute everyone.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

NovemberMike posted:

I've had this happen a few times where I've played off meta builds that mathed out well, everyone in the thread is calling me a retard and a few weeks later it's being played in the LCS.

You were talking about things like Essence Reaver -> Zephyr -> Ghostblade (back when Ghostblade was an awful item on ADCs in S5) Varus, and then in LCS people started building Manamune -> Brutalizer -> LW Varus in a completely different lane, so let's not pretend like you were actually ahead of the meta. Building AS and crit on a poke champ is definitely not something that 'maths' out.

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 22, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
by the way is anyone else deeply amused by pubs that freak out about losing normal games but then INSIST that there will be NO SURRENDER?

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

blah_blah posted:

You were talking about things like Essence Reaver -> Zephyr -> Ghostblade (back when Ghostblade was an awful item on ADCs in S5) Varus, and then in LCS people started building Manamune -> Brutalizer -> LW Varus in a completely different lane, so let's not pretend like you were actually ahead of the meta. Building AS and crit on a poke champ is definitely not something that 'maths' out.

Nah, it was Essence Reaver into Last Whisper (basically a modification of the old Genja Archer build). There was an ADC that built it a few times and then I think Essence Reaver was patched and it didn't make sense anymore. Stinger/Brutalizer were just because they were cheap CDR with efficient stats, and you might as well build them into something later. I think when it was played in LCS he ran CDR runes or masteries but that wasn't as common back then.

It didn't take the world by storm or anything but it was solid. It seemed like the other ADCs didn't like it though, and it honestly just seemed like there was a meme among the ADCs that if you ran out of mana you just needed to play better (and then every ADC would randomly die because they didn't have mana for Corki w).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You have to be some kind of super angry person to scream slurs at people in urf mode.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kashuno posted:

You have to be some kind of super angry person to scream slurs at people in urf mode.

yes i am and yes i do

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Tales of Woe posted:

playing jungle for 3 or 4 years sounds like something that could cause permanent emotional damage

You'd think that, but it's a good role. You can do a lot of controlling of the map, and it's relaxing with regards to farming, there's a massive toolbox of champs you can play. There's of course the lane-you-wanted-to-gank-dies-before-you-get-second-buff problem that happens, but overall pretty fun.

plus it was either be the jungler for our serious 5s team or support :v:

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 22, 2016

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
i take back what i said about full tank vlad, it's actually "good" in that you trade Q and R damage for W+E damage and a shitload of survivability (still rushing sunfire is probably very stupid since he doesn't need help at all with waveclear)

however i think you really want to have a tanky top or jungle to make it work because you're still chunking yourself for 500 true damage per E? idk new vlad is loving weird and possibly good but landing the super Q on anything but a minion in lane is an exercise in futility. i also kind of feel like they missed the point before where he didn't necessarily "stat check" the enemy laner, who esp if they were smart would just rush a loving specter's cowl anyway; his early game was absolutely pathetic and IF you survived it then you became a lane bully right as laning phase was ending and then you still needed to get another item or two to become a decent lategame threat.

mad about vlad

e: actually now that champion.gg's caught up it looks like his winrate when rushing rylai's is above 50% again so v:v:v

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 22, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think its funny that people are playing vlad and swain as tanks. riot really needs to think about these defensive items a little bit more because they're such a balance issue.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Vlad and Swain being played and built tanky isn't a problem it's part of their design. They, and to a lesser extent Karthus, want to get in the middle of the enemy team and slowly grind them down with their kit, or at least Vlad used to and now he just does it in bursts instead of constant casts of e and Swain still does with his bird ult. Them being Tanky and being able to build tanky but still win fights is very intentional, especially as Vlad actually gets offensive stats from a defensive stat.

Now whether that design is good or not is a separate discussion.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know why, but urf just makes me angry. I try to avoid playing it. Shame it's an IP weekend.

Edit: Actually I know why, urf is dumb.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Radical posted:

i think its funny that people are playing vlad and swain as tanks. riot really needs to think about these defensive items a little bit more because they're such a balance issue.

Swain's whole design feels like a tank design so idk why'd you expect otherwise.

Speaking of swain I just got screamed at and called every name I've ever heard for 30 minutes for building a spirit visage on swain and not zhonyas against 4AP

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 22, 2016

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Kashuno posted:

There are people that take ARAM super cereal, so this isn't that much of a surprise.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

Vlad and Swain being played and built tanky isn't a problem it's part of their design. They, and to a lesser extent Karthus, want to get in the middle of the enemy team and slowly grind them down with their kit, or at least Vlad used to and now he just does it in bursts instead of constant casts of e and Swain still does with his bird ult. Them being Tanky and being able to build tanky but still win fights is very intentional, especially as Vlad actually gets offensive stats from a defensive stat.

Now whether that design is good or not is a separate discussion.
karthus doesn't build tanky, he just builds flat damage because he actively wants to die in the middle of the enemy team

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
played a game as yasuo, first in.....

jesus i think i havent played yasuo in over a year

was at top vs an ekko who had major massive timidity issues

didn't help that i blocked his attempt at ganking by all-inning him at level 3

his farm was 53 by 20 mins, mine was 175

poor ekko

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I'm pretty sure Taliyah's win rate would go up like 10% if you could W->E combo instead of E->W combo. Of course, she'd only be at like 45% win rate then, but that's better then what it is now.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i played 14 games of league of legends today, queueing as support makes it very efficient if you like to grind

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Radical posted:

i played 14 games of league of legends today, queueing as support makes it very efficient if you like to grind

jfc go outside

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Sperglord Firecock posted:

played a game as yasuo, first in.....

jesus i think i havent played yasuo in over a year

was at top vs an ekko who had major massive timidity issues

didn't help that i blocked his attempt at ganking by all-inning him at level 3

his farm was 53 by 20 mins, mine was 175

poor ekko

Yeah, people who play super-timid on OP champs make me sad...You want to help them be better.

But then you remember all the times that OP champ shoved you under tower and made your life a living nightmare, so you take all of that out on their health bar.

Good times.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Radical posted:

Just play Zyra every game too, even more efficient. I've been top damage every game, usually by 10 or 15k. As everyone's been saying, she is stupid right now.

Also, bug report: either you can mastery emote on rank 4 mastery champs sometimes, or the game thinks I'm good enough at Morg to give it to me early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Servaetes posted:

You'd think that, but it's a good role. You can do a lot of controlling of the map, and it's relaxing with regards to farming, there's a massive toolbox of champs you can play. There's of course the lane-you-wanted-to-gank-dies-before-you-get-second-buff problem that happens, but overall pretty fun.

plus it was either be the jungler for our serious 5s team or support :v:

I love to jungle. You don't lose in the jungle like you can lose lane, you barely get ganked. If you can tune out all the flaming it's very peaceful.

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/134327178/48686865?tab=overview

Also, Hecarim is strong now. Believe it or not I got flamed for my 1 death in this game.

• Locked thread