Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Possibly Chicken posted:

HEY

YOU

GETINTOMAHCAR

MEEEEEE?

YES YOU

GETINTOMAHCAR

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Cubey posted:

I haven't played 2004 in so long that I forgot it even had Three Days Grace in it. Man, looking back, the 2000's were really loving awful for rock music.

Total Team Control had that black crowes "CAN THIS THING GO FASTERRRRRRRR" song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

If it ain't 'Flirting with Disaster' by Molly Hatchet from NASCAR 97, it ain't poo poo :bahgawd:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Boomer The Cannon posted:

If it ain't 'Flirting with Disaster' by Molly Hatchet from NASCAR 97, it ain't poo poo :bahgawd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOB-gaEPsVY

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I hated Get Out Of My Dreams (Get Into My Heart) on the Thunder 2003 soundtrack, but it had Magic Carpet Ride on it, so it was redeemed.

Kyle Busch is running #75 this weekend for diecast sales M&M's' 75th anniversary.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Showdown starting now on FS1. #nascar on SynIRC.

e- Leaders are gone, but this is a run race for 5th (and for the lead).

e2- Oh poo poo, that strategy (mandatory two-tire stop coming, come get the other two with two to go if it's apparent you're not going to win the segment). :stare:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 21, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This deserves its own post.

T-BAYNE :psyboom:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuSxg4I1WQU
all these children itt

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Get on my level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-U-JXnJk0w

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Am I the only one watching the Showdown? I don't know if it's the aero package or the lack of relative talent, but this has been good stuff. :suspense:

THAT. loving. RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULED.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 21, 2016

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

I'm watching a thing but I haven't followed all the schedule changes so I'm not sure what this is.

I think I saw Biffle won something though, so this can't be for points.

e- That was a pro move from Larson

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Dynamite Dog posted:

I'm watching a thing but I haven't followed all the schedule changes so I'm not sure what this is.

I think I saw Biffle won something though, so this can't be for points.

These are the three heat races to make the All-Star Race.

Trevor Bayne won race 1 by .005 sec over Elliott
Greg Biffle won race 2
Kyle Larson won race 3 in a drag race over Elliott
Elliott and Danica win the Fan Vote

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

NASCAR is good again

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Sprint Showdown summary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbtUGsEIAkA

Chase's car is fairly beat up, so are they going to be able to fix that or go to a backup? They have to start at the back anyway.

e- I think DiBenedetto might've been screwed by Elliott finishing 2nd. They were showing him on the pace laps, which I couldn't help but feel like might've been a bit of foreshadowing.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 21, 2016

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Caught up on the DVR'ed race.

Holy poo poo that finish in the third was amazing but all the racing in general was extremely fun to watch. Hopefully the carnival rules of the race tonight don't screw up a good package.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
There's no way the All-Star race will be as good.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FOX Sports Go is a garbage site that kept showing me segment two of the showdown after I refreshed near the end of the truck race, so I missed the end. I have no idea how SRA ended up 6th but :confuoot:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

FOX Sports Go is a garbage site that kept showing me segment two of the showdown after I refreshed near the end of the truck race, so I missed the end. I have no idea how SRA ended up 6th but :confuoot:

Fuel mileage.

e- Speaking of SRA, those were some pimpin' patriotic shades there, racin' goon homie. :whatup:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 21, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8dfRgU1Mo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6QEFdVHkYc

:colbert:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

You know what, Get Out Of My Dreams wasn't actually the worst song on the Thunder 2003 soundtrack, just the most ridiculous and stupid. The actual worst song musically was this fuckin poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwDJiQRbHtg

That thing is early-mid 2000's hard rock.mp3.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I hated Get Out Of My Dreams (Get Into My Heart) on the Thunder 2003 soundtrack, but it had Magic Carpet Ride on it, so it was redeemed.

P.S. it isn't Get Into My Heart, it's Get Into My Car.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 21, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cubey posted:

You know what, Get Out Of My Dreams wasn't actually the worst song on the Thunder 2003 soundtrack, just the most ridiculous and stupid. The actual worst song musically was this fuckin poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwDJiQRbHtg

That thing is early-mid 2000's hard rock.mp3.

P.S. it isn't Get Into My Heart, it's Get Into My Car.

gently caress, I misremembered it and I knew better. I even have the game. Oops.

(I'd be game to watch another Twitch season of either Dirt to Daytona or NT2003 if you're still doing it.)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The All-Star lineup has been set by points because qualifying was rained out and, apparently, because not all cars got to practice.

By "not all cars", it looks like they mean the cars that ran the Showdown (6, 16, 42, 24, 10).

:downsbravo:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Slickdrac posted:

Unless you bring up bathrooms, apparently.

:laugh:

kidcoelacanth posted:

NASCAR is good again

Speak for yourself, I voted for DiBurrito.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Junebug posted:

This race reminds me of the first time I tried to fly a remote control helicopter, I dunno what's goin' on

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

^^ Summer thread title.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Has Stewart signed a TV contract for next year? I hope he doesn't and just livestreams commentary for every race on Twitch or something.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

This is just a special, special night.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Park the god drat 24 car before he kills someone for gently caress's sake.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Larson is so fun to watch

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

Larson is so fun to watch

He has basically owned this past 7 days

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
he reminds me of Tim Richmond so much

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Regardless of the finishes and different opinions on drivers, I think we can all agree this was a really fun day of race cars on my tv.

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!
gently caress Logano.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Harry J posted:

gently caress Logano.
That's this season - drivers most people don't like, driving their asses off to get the wins they want.

I've got no issues with Logano, he's coming into his own.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I'm too confused to know if I enjoyed that or not

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ARCA from Toledo is on today. If you don't get American Sports Network (like I don't), they're streaming it at http://americansportsnet.com/arca-racing-series-menards-200-from-toledo-speedway/

jabro posted:

Has Stewart signed a TV contract for next year? I hope he doesn't and just livestreams commentary for every race on Twitch or something.

He said he wasn't doing TV. He did a few Busch races for TNT in the early 2000s and didn't like the prep work involved or something like that.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 22, 2016

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Something tells me we aren't going to see much of Tony after this year, except at Eldora.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm waiting on the fan and media reaction if they fine him this week. It'll be example #14,512 of NASCAR stepping on its own dick.

Speaking of Smoke, I stumbled upon another of his Periscopes on YouTube today. Accompany "Steve" and friends on a two-hour adventure at Carowinds and watch as they debate riding go-karts and try to avoid having to watch "that dumbass video" giving instructions on Carowinds' fast-pass again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KNVgiPgMk

I was cleaning today and watched the first 45 minutes or so because Tony Stewart is the driver I'd second most want to go to an amusement park with behind Junyer.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm sure Stewart will be around plenty because of that whole owning a team thing

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm sure Stewart will be around plenty because of that whole owning a team thing

also the fact that he has stressed many times that "I'm retiring from NASCAR Cup points racing and will likely be in a race car more now shut up you nerds GAWD"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Dollar General is leaving JGR and NASCAR. Rumors have Mobil 1 and Stanley teaming up to sponsor the 20 next year.

When Mobil 1 has the choice between sponsoring Clint Bowyer and Matt Kenseth and picks the boring one, it doesn't feel like a ringing endorsement of the 14's future.

• Locked thread