Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

goddamit I was seconds away from posting this

The prop line is horrible and true

edit: https://www.catandgirl.com btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Achewood is maybe the best "work" I have ever read about friendship between dudes, it doesn't really even need to touch on anything else.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

For ancient folk who still browse the internet on actual computers instead of phones:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Lord of Hats posted:

Beef, I understand that having The Depression is hard--I've been there, I know how it is! But please stop being so incredibly determined to wallow in it just to spite the world :(.

He sounds exactly like a PC gamer. Mad at consoles. No need to be so mad about a thing which doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

cat and girl is great.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
If you're going to sperg out about The Molly Continuity, just pretend new Achewood is a prequel.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I pretend it's the dream of a dying astronaut.

Lemma
Aug 18, 2010

Just Offscreen posted:

Yeah I hope we never hear about Molly, Penny or Polly ever again.

Whoooooooo was Polly again?

Lurdiak posted:

I pretend it's the dream of a dying astronaut.

Maybe said dying dream started when Beef launched himself to the moon?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lemma posted:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

His friends want to help him but they are bad at it.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Cornelius being sufficiently suave to bed a stripper in his eighties is more believable to me than any part of the Penny arc beyond teodor shopping at a goodwill.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I thought the Penny arc was really good when it seemed it was moving in the direction of making Teodor realize it never would've worked out because he's terrible husband material no matter how charming he might think himself. Then it became just corny. I understand it was probably Onstad trying to grow Teodor the way he's grown Beef and Ray over the years, but it didn't really work.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lemma posted:

Maybe said dying dream started when Beef launched himself to the moon?

The dying dream is set, ironically, to a song by The Cure.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
Roast Beef is exactly like a PC gamer

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

The Pony Incident posted:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

He has muscly arms from pushin' that drat mouse all day

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

Beef, I understand that having The Depression is hard--I've been there, I know how it is! But please stop being so incredibly determined to wallow in it just to spite the world :(.

when you directly address characters, visions of a horrific Achewood-Prequel crossover flood my mind

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

:hfive:

Just think about the Xbox One for a little while. How does it make you feel? How about controllers? Do you feel like giving me a red title about it?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What, are consoles bad or something

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

when you directly address characters, visions of a horrific Achewood-Prequel crossover flood my mind

Such a webcomic can not exist, because a character that's a combination of Roast Beef and Katia would have offed themselves before the it began.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Yeah, to those of us who don't play computer games this is like saying "Roast Beef is a total Hannah!" to someone that doesn't watch Girls (which is especially ridiculous since Beef is 100% a Marnie).

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Roast Beef is the middle cat.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

showbiz is a console gamer lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Buca di Bepis posted:

how dare you

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Crane Fist posted:

What, are consoles bad or something

only in the eyes of nerds that care about dumb bullshit

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Buca di Bepis posted:

yeah but have you ever played Halo THROUGH THESE

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Buca di Bepis posted:

The kind of console gamer who still has a Jaguar in his basement and tells you about Tempest 3000 and how great that shovel headed controller is

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Lurdiak posted:

For ancient folk who still browse the internet on actual computers instead of phones:

That waiter seems so angry about it.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Yeah, to those of us who don't play computer games this is like saying "Roast Beef is a total Hannah!" to someone that doesn't watch Girls (which is especially ridiculous since Beef is 100% a Marnie).

I was trying to make fun of the person who initially said it because it seemed really funny and stupid to me

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

I was trying to make fun of the person who initially said it because it seemed really funny and stupid to me

i too spoke in jest

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's good to jest; it feels good.

Some topics just bring out people's inner Roast Beef I guess.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

inner Roast Beef I guess.

Noice.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

I'm glad we all had this talk

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
hey, yall, just dropping by to make a better post than all those awful ones about which video games the cartoon cats would play

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

spoochfch'a

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

anyone else read that in the voice of carl from ATHF

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Someone buy some of Onstad's soda syrup and trip report it. The flavors sound interesting but at the same time super weird.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Yeah I am actually interested. Does anyone live in oregon or some other state allows people to sell fennel soda or whatever?

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Yeah I am actually interested. Does anyone live in oregon or some other state allows people to sell fennel soda or whatever?

Yep i do, it's carried at the store by my house (which he was at, sampling the product out, sometime last year I think. I was tempted to go but didn't)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

little munchkin posted:

hey, yall, just dropping by to make a better post than all those awful ones about which video games the cartoon cats would play

I ain't gonna say I solved a mystery, because this wasn't one of the better mysteries.