Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Ramsay is the John Cena of Westeros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mide
Jun 2, 2009
A lot of the achievements for the Boltons could be mostly due to Roose. He constantly showed a strong sense in both military and political matters. He hasn't been gone long enough for Ramsay to screw everything up.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
I'm not sure how they would pull this off because for years now Dany has been bitching about wanting to take back her rightful throne, BUT I think it would be cool for Dany to finally come to Westeros with her invading army of dragons and Dothraki and, I dunno, saves the day from the White Walkers. At the end of it all, the people say "Yay Dany, you are our Queen!" and she just goes "uhh. Westeros sucks and I have work to do in Essos". Then Drogon melts down the Iron Throne, Dany declares the 7 kingdoms to be independent again and she fucks off to conquer the East. So she is basically a reverse-Aegon the Conquerer. I think this would match with her "Break the wheel" speech.
I also want to see King's Landing destroyed because gently caress everyone who lives there.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Interesting tidbit regarding Ramsay's letter from the Bald Move podcast: When Littlefinger presents his gift to Robin, he says "Come and see what I've brought you!"

Could just be coincidence, but I can definitely see Littlefinger provoking Jon into war with Ramsay as part of his schemes to put himself on the Iron Throne. More chaos = more opportunities to climb further up the ladder, after all.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he's gonna die to some random arrow and the drama will be all about the karstarks not really wanting to fight anyway

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Asmodai_00 posted:

Surely he's more akin to the family annihilator, Chris Benoit?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Mide posted:

A lot of the achievements for the Boltons could be mostly due to Roose. He constantly showed a strong sense in both military and political matters. He hasn't been gone long enough for Ramsay to screw everything up.

Basically this. I mean, Ramsay was an interesting character for me so long as he had other individuals with whom he had to interact and also factor into his wants and desires (as hosed up as they are). Roose was that character. I hoped Myranda and her jealousy would be too (in screwing things up for the Bolton's designs for Sansa), but nah - ultimately there she was just a good little psycho girl for enforcing his will until the end. Now with Roose gone...I seriously hope there'll be more of the Karstark lord and the Umber lord tugging in their own directions and making Ramsay have something to factor internally, because that to me is interesting (as to how a psychopath sadist has to show at least a bit of basic consideration and restraint, or everything just falls apart).

But yea, if those two folks (as well as the Manderleys whom we still haven't seen) just go full out: "Yes, my liege! Whom shall we torture today mwahahahaha!" then yea...he's pretty much confirmed become full-out boring bad writing evil Gary Stu up until his end.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Roose was actually shown doing very little in the show, he collaborated with Tywin and Walder Frey in the Red Wedding but we're led to believe the whole thing was Tywin's plan, in the book Roose's treachery begins well before the Red Wedding but in the show he isn't shown doing much to compromise Robb's campaign until he turns his cloak, but still let's chalk it up to a good move on his part. Afterwards it's Ramsay who uses Theon to take Moat Cailin and practically drives the Iron Born away from the north, subsequently Ramsay also proves himself to be a military mastermind as he smashes Stannis' forces with both guile and ruthlessness while Roose was advocating a ridiculously cowardly strategy against a far inferior fighting force himself.

Ramsay is a loving rock star, he's king midas, the only setback he's had in years was Sansa and Theon escaping from his clutches and that doesn't really seem to phase him either. He's a Golden God, Roose was a savage idiot by comparison.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I didn't even want Clegane Bowl that much but now I want it so bad now

same

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Disgusting Coward posted:

Ramsay, by contrast, is the indestructible, totally unconcerned superbaddy, nothing bad ever happens to him and when kinda-bad stuff happens he doesn't give a gently caress anyway and he never really interacts with anyone and he's killing and maiming for no particular reason and his house seems to be truckin' along quite nice with no problems, they win every battle and are super ninjas who can infiltrate anything and it's just kinda tedious and is Bad Writing.

It's not the character of Ramsay himself, per se - when he first appeared and was the weird dude chopping dongs and playing trumpets the Internet Buzz was fairly positive - it's the one-note, cack-handed repetition of HE IS BAD OH MY GOD SO BAD that's a bit grating.

The only reason Ramsay appeared indestructible was because his brashness and over-the-top sadism were kept in check by Roose.

Now that Roose is gone, though...

Slow News Day fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 21, 2016

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Roose was actually shown doing very little in the show, he collaborated with Tywin and Walder Frey in the Red Wedding but we're led to believe the whole thing was Tywin's plan, in the book Roose's treachery begins well before the Red Wedding but in the show he isn't shown doing much to compromise Robb's campaign until he turns his cloak, but still let's chalk it up to a good move on his part. Afterwards it's Ramsay who uses Theon to take Moat Cailin and practically drives the Iron Born away from the north, subsequently Ramsay also proves himself to be a military mastermind as he smashes Stannis' forces with both guile and ruthlessness while Roose was advocating a ridiculously cowardly strategy against a far inferior fighting force himself.

Ramsay is a loving rock star, he's king midas, the only setback he's had in years was Sansa and Theon escaping from his clutches and that doesn't really seem to phase him either. He's a Golden God, Roose was a savage idiot by comparison.

Nah, pretty sure it was Roose who shot down the idea of outlasting Stannis in a siege by saying they would lose the North if they just cowered in Winterfell and waited for Stannis's army to die.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

As a side note, I really enjoy Bran's visions of the past.

I really hope they show the scene where Jaime kills the Mad King.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

I really hope they show the scene where Jaime kills the Mad King.

One of the trailers before the season had something which looked a lot like that, so Im hopeful too.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Which is kind of why I was excited during the stabbing scene. At first I thought Roose was offing Ramsay. I always like Roose more as a villian. Cold and Calculating is far more terrifying than crazy unhinged gently caress.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

vyelkin posted:

Nah, pretty sure it was Roose who shot down the idea of outlasting Stannis in a siege by saying they would lose the North if they just cowered in Winterfell and waited for Stannis's army to die.

Roose says it's foolish to leave a good defensive position iirc, either way, it's Ramsay who resolves the dilemma with his brilliant application of guerrilla tactics which allows him to later ride out and destroy Stannis in the field with impunity. Ramsay clowned Stannis so hard the dude's wife killed herself and then he went on to finish his timid and cowardly father, good for him.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 21, 2016

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

hiddenmovement posted:

Ramsay has to get eaten by John's direwolf.

Surely.

I'd like to see Ramsay get brained by Tormund using some sort of mace. I have enjoyed the hell out of Iwan Rheon's portrayal of him though. He killed it.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

hiddenmovement posted:

Ramsay has to get eaten by John's direwolf.

Surely.

Jon's direwolf will clown Ramsey's dogs, then Jon will clown Ramsay.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

enraged_camel posted:

Jon's direwolf will clown Ramsey's dogs, then Jon will clown Ramsay.

It would actually be pretty hilarious if Jon chased him down to the kennels where Ramsay smugly thought he could use his Mr. Burns secret weapon of "release the hounds!" only for Jon to bring a giant loving Dire Wolf into the picture.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm hoping they set up for a climactic fight but then actually Wun Wun just steps on Ramsay and that's the end of him.

hopHeadless
Aug 24, 2014
Ramsay's best possible death is choking on Theon's zombie penis

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Asmodai_00 posted:

People hate John Cena???

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

vyelkin posted:

I'm hoping they set up for a climactic fight but then actually Wun Wun just steps on Ramsay and that's the end of him.

I hope they use the monty python food crush sound effect

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

etalian posted:

I hope they use the monty python food crush sound effect

immediately cut to AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT and it's Tyrion just getting drunk by himself for 15 minutes

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
"After the Thrones" is not gonna make it past this "season" is it? Do you know anyone who watches it? It's so bad. I don't know anyone that watched more than the first episode (other than me, I hate myself,) and I know some big rear end nerds.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I like Andy Greenwald well enough, but... reading Andy Greenwald.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Just gonna leave this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl9cSk5nxJE

Confusion
Apr 3, 2009
When did Billy Mays get resurrected..?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Please only post leaked images in the spoiler thread, thanks.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.
All this talk about how Sansa will kill Ramsey and nobody thinks she'll flay him?

c'mon people!

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
I quite liked when Ramsay killed Roose because it really felt like a loving tragic moment in their lives. Roose was legit surprised Ramsay did it, because he really did love Ramsay in his hosed up way, and actually meant everything he told him... But Ramsay is too fundamentally broken to even believe in that, despite the years of evidence, so he felt he had to act

But gently caress these Northern lords

Catsplosion posted:

All this talk about how Sansa will kill Ramsey and nobody thinks she'll flay him?

c'mon people!

Sansa isn't Arya and even Arya wouldn't flay anyone

Like, he might get fed to some dogs (but really they'll have to burn everyone because Jon Snow does know one thing) but why would Sansa do a thing almost anyone would find extremely vile?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobo the Red posted:

Sansa isn't Arya and even Arya wouldn't flay anyone.

But only because it would be rude of a girl to give an unwrapped gift to the many faced god.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Has the episode leaked early or something? Can see links to it online.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Doakes posted:

Has the episode leaked early or something? Can see links to it online.

Yes.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Oh I was going to post the preview and ask for some hype/stuff people thought would happen tonight but... :smith:

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Asmodai_00 posted:

Close...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FVMEb32ODk

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Wait so Bran drove Hodor insane for most of his life specifically so that Hodor could sacrifice himself to save Bran? Kind of a dick move.
e: Also, zombie Hodor?

Infinite Monkeys fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 22, 2016

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

There's a spoiler thread if you want to talk about that stuff.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Wait so SPOILERs

people itt might not be too appreciative of you talking about the leaked episode here,

quoth the thread rules:

quote:

This thread is SPOILER-FREE. To the best of your abilities DON'T TALK ABOUT BOOKS OR LEAKS IN THIS THREAD (ha ha ha ha ha ha). There's little book material left but still, nobody loving cares that your favorite character from the books is a total chump in the show, or something happened differently than you imagined it in your head from repeatedly reading the same book for a decade. If you can't help yourself, then go to the:

I mean, personally I don't care, just giving you a heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Hot.

• Locked thread