Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

dirksteadfast posted:

What? You didn't go to high school in a 50s teen movie? Or with Forrest Gump?

I was thinking Archie Comic myself :hfive:

E: Have some content for the new page

some random idiot posted:

My boyfriend and I work at the same retail store, and he’s black (important to the story).

So one day when we’re both working, he’s helping a customer who seems to be giving him some trouble. So I go over to see if I can help out when I finally hear what is being said.

My boyfriend is saying, “As I said before, I was hired because my manager decided I seemed fit for the job. I still don’t see why you have a problem with my employment.”

The customer immediately says, “Because you are a discrace to humans and you don’t deserve to work here or anywhere. White people everywhere hate you and I hope the KKK find you.”

I was disgusted, for obvious reasons. So, with my manager 3 feet away and watching, I walked over, kissed my boyfriend quickly on the cheek then turned to the racist customer. “I’m sorry you feel that way sir, but as you can see, I am white and I love my boyfriend. My manager is white and she praises him every day. And I’m terribly sorry so break it to you, but retail employees everywhere hate you and I hope you would kindly leave the store.”

The customer went bright red and quickly left. My manager applauded me.

genetic_knockout has a new favorite as of 03:53 on May 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/greghoward88/status/733330453420199936

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Bremma posted:

"What? You're my girl and you won't give me any sugar?"

That boy was a type 1 diabetic. Shortly after this, his blood sugar crashed, and he fell and struck his head on the ground. He never woke up. Don't be Johnny, learn to recognize the signs of juvenile diabetes.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

genetic_knockout posted:

I was thinking Archie Comic myself :hfive:

E: Have some content for the new page

Are they married yet?

Friends

quote:

My friend is going to perform an experiment. He is randomly going to shout out "DEAD PUPPIES!" when it's silent and see how many people laugh.
My friends and I were bored in class one day and decided to have a contest: who could think up the most offensive concept? Unfortunately, the first suggestion was "Columbine: The Musical" which meant that everyone else was laughing too hard to submit other entries.
I hummed "it's rainning men" during the scene in Schindler's list when the soot and ashes fall down. I am going to hell.

Sing

quote:

It wasn't exactly a crowd, and we didn't sing the whole song, but this troper once found herself in the situation of singing along with a stranger who initiated a song (I guess he was the main character or something). It was at a Renaissance Faire of all places, and we were just taking a break in the picnic area, sharing a table with a couple who were having a friendly debate about something. We paid no attention to them until the man suddenly looked straight at us and burst out singing: "Springtime for Hitler and Germany!" Naturally, we joined in with "Winter for Poland and France!" The guy turned to the woman and said "See? Everyone knows that song."

Police

quote:

This troper and his friends, after copious amounts of tequila, gathered in a friend's garage to celebrate his 19th birthday and eventually broke into renditions of both "Never Gonna Give You Up" and "Carry on Wayward Son", until the police were called.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

Are they married yet?

Friends

"Me and my friends have a really dark sense of humour not a lot of people get it blah blah blah free speech and/or something about anti-political correctness sentiment to cover the fact that really being offensive is the only way I can get peoples attention"

I wish the people I've met who were like that were STDH as well as their stories.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

NtotheTC posted:

"Me and my friends have a really dark sense of humour not a lot of people get it blah blah blah free speech and/or something about anti-political correctness sentiment to cover the fact that really being offensive is the only way I can get peoples attention"

I wish the people I've met who were like that were STDH as well as their stories.

Without the added angsty rebellious teen poo poo, "Columbine :the musical" is a pretty funny concept.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
The last one is particularly sad, why he thought that was an event worth telling the world about. "My friends and I have fun and they celebrate my birthday!! I swear!!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This sort of thing happens all the time?

e: ^^^ what he said though.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Non Serviam posted:

Without the added angsty rebellious teen poo poo, "Columbine :the musical" is a pretty funny concept.
Not really.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mods rename me to deconstructed tequila sunrise please

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Is a "deconstructed Tequila Sunrise" separate glasses of tequila, orange juice, and grenadine drank individually?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Is a "deconstructed Tequila Sunrise" separate glasses of tequila, orange juice, and grenadine drank individually?

It's an orange and a cherry wrapped in an agave flower.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
That whole article is gold.

quote:

“No, I mean, but don’t you agree that white patriarchy makes it practically impossible for at-risk youth to succeed in our country?” she asks hopefully.

“At-risk youth … ?” I start quietly. “You mean … black people?”

She flinches a bit. “You don’t think the odds are stacked against minorities in this country?” she offers quietly.

“Of course … ” I say slowly. “But I just think it’s more constructive to focus on the positive things the black community has at its disposal rather than perpetuate a compounding victim narrative that makes a group of people think they’re doomed before they even try to achieve success.”

Real dialogue spoken by real people.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

hyperhazard posted:

And then somehow the guy is enough of a Smoothenator to get himself laid, and they date for a month and a half despite both finding the other incredibly offensive.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

chitoryu12 posted:

It's the lyrics and tabs for Tequila Sunrise by The Eagles printed on edible blotter paper that has soaked up tequila /orange juice / genadine but just enough to taste and not enough to get drunk

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

quote:

“At-risk youth … ?” I start quietly. “You mean … black people?”

She flinches a bit.

this bit really bothers me, if she's so into helping inner city/at-risk youth or whatever why is she scared of the words BLACK PEOPLE

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

this bit really bothers me, if she's so into helping inner city/at-risk youth or whatever why is she scared of the words BLACK PEOPLE

You can't say that it's racist

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
There is no way that was written by anything other than a white guy.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

hyperhazard posted:

You need to focus on the positives that black people have! I notice you have a nice pair of Jordans there. Straps instead of laces on them? I have a suggestion for you...

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

- live from the south park writers room

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Zelder posted:

- live from the south park writers room

Well, it's certainly not like they don't have the experience.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
e: sorry, never mind!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

is this loss

(no really, what's that supposed to be?)

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Well it's some sort of loss, yes.

It's supposed to be a "deconstructed Tequila sunrise" but I'd have to be way drunk way beforehand to consider that a mix drink of any kind.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Deconstructed tequila sunrise, of course.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

There is no way that was written by anything other than a white guy.

Just for shits and giggles, I GIS'd the author. Wanted to know what someone named after a blanket looked like.

He's not really all that "black".

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006
youre an idiot

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Dude, I don't think you "get" how sexuality works:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Scathach posted:

Well it's some sort of loss, yes.

It's supposed to be a "deconstructed Tequila sunrise" but I'd have to be way drunk way beforehand to consider that a mix drink of any kind.

This is spectacularly dumb, I'm actually amazed

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Apparently this is the article author?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Dude, I don't think you "get" how sexuality works:

Bisexuals, how do they work?

Five Apples
Mar 11, 2008

THIS IS WHAT I AM

System Metternich posted:

is this loss

(no really, what's that supposed to be?)

A shot of tequila along with a over-sized snifter containing a small peeled orange (or possibly a tangerine or clementine) garnished with baby greens and what appears to be a smear of pomegranate syrup on the side.

Five Apples has a new favorite as of 19:29 on May 21, 2016

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I remember something from years ago where a guy posted on Facebook about his dangerous encounter with a drug addict. He was obviously sheltered and conservative, and the incident he described was essentially just walking past some bum in a parking lot. But he got himself all worked up about it and thanked God for giving him the strength to survive. It was followed by a chorus of his friends congratulating him for being so brave.

Does anyone have this? Another detail I remember is he kept saying he was worried about being "shanked" while obviously not knowing what it meant.

I guess the event probably did happen, but his describing it was so over the top.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I will say the guy who wrote that article has an incredible name.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

quote:

Ok so I'm getting on the train and there are no open seats and I ask this lady if I could sit next to her (very politely and I soften my voice as to not frighten her) and she says someone is sitting here. So I go to the next seat. Now, less than 2 mins later a man (who happens to be white) asks if he can sit there and she says why sure let me move my stuff. So I have to say something so I ask ummmmm did you just not want ME to sit next to you ? Were you scared ? Not comfortable with a Black Man sitting next to you ? And she says lol smh don't pull the race card stuff with me I dated a Black guy in college. So the guy (who was a nice guy) said listen I'll get up and I said no need I'mma just take this pic and make a Facebook post about it. So then she says did you just take a pic of me ? Well I'm going to tell the conductor that you're over here illegally taking pics of ppl without their consent. So the conductor came up and said hey Etan Thomas love what you're doing in the community loved you with the Wizards big Cuse fan man the Knicks sure could use you .... And I said was there something you wanted to tell my man ? And she rolled her eyes smh some ppl I tell ya

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Here's the article this came from.

It reminds me a little of this Australian video I saw on Tumblr that was supposedly proving that a woman was racist. The idea was that two teenage boys would go up to the woman, one black and one white, and ask for change for the bus. As the video description showed, the woman refused to give change to the black kid but gave change to the white kid. Racism, am I right?

Well, not really. They had the black kid walk right up to the woman and ask for change immediately, but they had the white kid spend a few minutes casually chatting with her and getting her comfortable before asking for the change. But they acted like the presentation didn't matter at all, and the video ended with the white kid flipping his lid and yelling at the woman before storming off to shame her for her behavior.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The most unbelievable part of that story is that anyone would give a poo poo about marginal ex-NBA center Etan Thomas enough to mention him by name.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

NotAlwaysRandom posted:

I am known as the office comedian. I work as a regular at a famous [coffee chain]. I am on the toilet daydreaming when a customer violently approaches me. Without warning the customer looks visibly angry. I start sweating profusely.

customer: I don't like gays.

*in perfect swahili* Me: "Welcome to our establishment. Sincerest apologies sir, I cannot don't like gays."

customer: "B****! You B**** You better do what I say!"

I say "Excuse me sir, this is a [coffee chain]!"

customer: "Please I just don't like gays."

I say "My apologies but as I cannot don't like gays. Sir, you're making a scene. Please leave this establishment"

customer: "I don't like what I'm hearing."

Meanwhile a short person (who happens to be white) appears from nowhere.

The person (who happens to be white) says "Off you go old white girl."

customer: "C***!!!!"

person (who happens to be white): "I am a black belt in karate.".

The customer is speechless and runs out in to the street without saying a word .

*laughing* Me: "I love you!"

Spontaneously everybody cheered. It turned out that the person (who happens to be white) was the long lost sibling of the owner of [coffee chain]. he has now inherited the [coffee chain].

NotAlwaysRandom posted:

I work at neighborhood dive as a regular.I am behind the counter when a coloured boy violently approaches me.Without warning the regular starts shouting randomly.I start sweating profusely.

regular: Please, can you give me a drink

Me: "madam this is neighborhood dive, how can I help?*blank stare* What are you talking about? I can't give you a drink."

regular: "F*****! You Dead puppies! gay!"

in perfect swahili I reply "Pardon me, madam, this is a neighborhood dive not a construction site."

regular: "I've had enough of this are you going to give me a drink or not?"

*holding back tears* Me: "WHAT?! I'm sorry but you are misinformed. I can't give you a drinkmadam, I'm going to have to ask you to leave"

regular: "I don't like what I'm hearing."

Meanwhile a muscley male marine jumps out.

The male marine says "Off you go coloured boy."

regular: "gay. What is a male marine going to about it?"

The male marine looks at the customer

The regular can't contemplate living and sprints away as fast as possible.

Me: "Thank you! Please have a free drink."

Everybody clapped.It turned out that the male marine was the long lost son of the owner of neighborhood dive. he has now inherited the neighborhood dive.

MonoAus has a new favorite as of 15:25 on May 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Is this dada stdh? Have we reached that point already?

Also, I like how it's "famous [coffee chain]" not "[famous coffee chain]", like it's that one specific store that's famous. Almost like they didn't think it through.