Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oni Elem
Jun 1, 2008

http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001481.html

This is Important:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
That's certainly a proud pomp. I also like that gorilla minion. I hope it throws rocks.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Grimace posted:

That's certainly a proud pomp. I also like that gorilla minion. I hope it throws rocks.

Poop, the gorilla boss on Hullbreaker Island threw poop.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'd say AST is the trickiest healer class, but if you're not FATE grinding to 60 and then jumping into expert roulette, you'll be eased into it doing your regular roulette and dungeons. For most of the 30-50, AST is just a white mage with the serial number filed off, with the exception of the card mechanic. And if you gently caress that up, no one will notice or care for a long while anyways.

If you want to start with AST, get CNJ up a few levels to get Cleric Stance first. I'd go far enough to say it's a mandatory cross class skill.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

What's important is how you get it. I will be buying up all the treasure maps if it ends up related to Aquapolis.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

The Grimace posted:

I believe barrels are traditional for video game gorillas.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

CrashScreen posted:

What's important is how you get it. I will be buying up all the treasure maps if it ends up related to Aquapolis.
Buy up all the treasure maps anyway, they will sell so well once 3.3 hits! You can get around the "only one in your inventory" thing by mailing a bunch and then having them mailed back to you.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Yes! YES!! IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

:captainpop:

Tortolia posted:

The only thing you really need to do with going right into AST is get Cleric Stance from CNJ first.

Also protect at level 8. Stoneskin isn't needed and if you're going to grind a class up it'll be THM/BLM first for Swiftcast at ~28.

e: Protect and Cleric Stance you should get right away. Swiftcast and the rest can wait for lv50 or so.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 20, 2016

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Scrublord Prime posted:

Also protect at level 8. Stoneskin isn't needed and if you're going to grind a class up it'll be THM/BLM first for Swiftcast at ~28.

e: Protect and Cleric Stance you should get right away. Swiftcast and the rest can wait for lv50 or so.

Sounds good, I'm already Lvl 50 BLM, but I wanted to know jic I get bored later on when I complete my quest chain.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Astrologian is great because you can give your tank a solid half minute of massive regeneration while you just DPS your heart out and ignore them.

Speaking of Astrologian, I've noticed a lot of them seeing a white mage in their 8 man DF party and going Nocturnal Sect lately. :negative:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

LethalGeek posted:

If you can find one of the old Zmerc keyboards they are the best thing for MMOS as they make hitting 1-= + shift/ctrl/alt stupidly easy that it makes all other setups look like poop.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/zboard-merc-gaming-keyboard,1.html

These are still being made (by Steelseries?) but new ones look hilariously overpriced.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

"The gently caress did you say about my hair?!"

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

These are still being made (by Steelseries?) but new ones look hilariously overpriced.

You sure? All I've ever seen are people selling their old ones for $250 a pop because someone like me isn't going to give up on these ever.

I thankfully have a spare ready to go in the closet I picked up before prices got stupid.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Don't confuse "Not enough content" with "not enough of what I like." posted:

I feel that's a major attitude of this sub right now. I'll keep it short-ish and sweet:

You power through. You do everything you want to do as efficiently as possible. You clear all the raids. You get your loot. And then you come to complain that there isn't anything else to do. Well, that's true. For you, you've exhausted the content you're interested in. But there are tens of thousands that didn't power through and grind. That took it slow and experienced crafting, all the mini games, min-ilvl challenges, self-imposed challenges, the dreaded gathering, side-stories via quests, collection of things like mounts and minions, PVP, actually being social in their FC... I could go on for hours.

Yet, I always see "not enough!" from people who don't even have 10% of the game's achievements unlocked, or with sub-10 non-combat classes (and even most non-required classes for their main!) I get that some people only like to do specific things, but please, PLEASE make the distinction between content you want and content as a whole.

Every single MMO has had this issue. Let's not let it become some huge thing in this game because, really, it's not true. 99% of players won't experience the game to the 100%. It isn't because there are difficult barriers of entry. It's because there is a lot to do.

There you go, being social in your FC is now considered content and if you don't do it, don't bitch about the lack of things to do.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I'm levelling up AST now and what I like most about levelling it via dungeon roulette vs. other healers is Essential Dignity (an oGCD single target heal). It's a level 15 skill, so you'll always have it! What does that mean? Clearly, it means you're supposed to wait until the last possible minute to drop out of cleric stance to drop a big heal on the tank.

My biggest issue with AST is that I think Lightspeed is kind of crappy, as well as the instant Benefic II proc. It would make sense if it lowered your GCD at all, but it doesn't. They feel like straight up PvP abilities. Maybe make it a PvP ability! Get rid of Equanimity, which has largely lost its purpose, and replace with Lightspeed! I'd say give AST a haste self-buff in its place, but WHM already has that. I think this is all the crazy ideas I can think of for now. It's been a long week.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

megalodong posted:

There you go, being social in your FC is now considered content and if you don't do it, don't bitch about the lack of things to do.
And hey, once you get that last achievement for doing a thing 10,000 times they could always just add another one for doing it a million times! It's so easy to create new content.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

megalodong posted:

it's called emergent content you pleb, geez

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

ruta posted:

I'm levelling up AST now and what I like most about levelling it via dungeon roulette vs. other healers is Essential Dignity (an oGCD single target heal). It's a level 15 skill, so you'll always have it! What does that mean? Clearly, it means you're supposed to wait until the last possible minute to drop out of cleric stance to drop a big heal on the tank.

My biggest issue with AST is that I think Lightspeed is kind of crappy, as well as the instant Benefic II proc. It would make sense if it lowered your GCD at all, but it doesn't. They feel like straight up PvP abilities. Maybe make it a PvP ability! Get rid of Equanimity, which has largely lost its purpose, and replace with Lightspeed! I'd say give AST a haste self-buff in its place, but WHM already has that. I think this is all the crazy ideas I can think of for now. It's been a long week.

Light Speed is amazing for Helios fyi. You can solo heal the bone zone. It's also not immediately terrible for Gravity, since it puts it at a faster cast time than the GCD. But yeah it's main use is for mobile casting.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 21, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

LethalGeek posted:

You sure? All I've ever seen are people selling their old ones for $250 a pop because someone like me isn't going to give up on these ever.

I thankfully have a spare ready to go in the closet I picked up before prices got stupid.

Yeah disregard, I saw they were selling some on Amazon but I guess it's the lingering stock. They were discontinued to focus on the Apex KBs apparently.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

megalodong posted:

This reads like it was written by those insane people who think you need to grind for 99 of every item in order to 100% ff7 (including hours of cash to buy 99 of the first armor that's only available at the start of the game)

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:shittypop:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I missed all the cute critters.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

Poop, the gorilla boss on Hullbreaker Island threw poop.

Nipponophile posted:

I believe barrels are traditional for video game gorillas.

I also accept either of these outcomes.

Alder posted:

I missed all the cute critters.

omg that is great.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
A fun thing about AST's Lightspeed is that you can instant cast things that take longer than 2.5s. It might be because of lag, but with it on I can cast 3 second (2.93 with my SS) Helios 2 and Stoneskin while moving. It doesn't really increase your healing output due to the GCDs, but being able to cast anything while moving has saved a ton of fights for me.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

If that pompadour dont have jiggle physics imma be mad.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Mazed posted:

If that pompadour dont have jiggle physics imma be mad.

There's precedent with the afro, at least.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

With 3.3 looming, should I horde scrips/tomes for a price drop? or does it not work like that/not due for price drop? I haven't ever been active through a patch before so no clue what to expect.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Vilgan posted:

With 3.3 looming, should I horde scrips/tomes for a price drop? or does it not work like that/not due for price drop? I haven't ever been active through a patch before so no clue what to expect.

Scrips, maybe. But Lore just came in with 3.2 so don't expect any changes to that before 3.4. I would cap/nearly cap Lore at the most.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 07:37 on May 22, 2016

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

A costume based on one of the best random FF enemies ever?

I approve.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Go ahead, spell Purolyobos

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
3.3 sutff So no new Warring Triad member yet, the trial is Nidhogg as part of the MSQ with a bard mode.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I can't wait.

https://twitter.com/spacedrakecf/status/734334314297491458

Not sarcasm.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

kill all moogles

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I for one welcome our new moogle overlords.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I've joked about Nidhogg just being Steps of Faith EX before, but I never expected it to literally take place on the Steps of Faith.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Kinda disappointed in the way this patch is looking unless the trailer really blows me away, I know the dragons are central to the Ishgard/Heavensward plot but killing the same ones in the same places over and over while making little to no progress in the story is getting tiresome. Watch them kill off another character or do another depressing end to the quests, too, they seem to be channeling Game of Thrones for the last few patches.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Verranicus posted:

Kinda disappointed in the way this patch is looking unless the trailer really blows me away, I know the dragons are central to the Ishgard/Heavensward plot but killing the same ones in the same places over and over while making little to no progress in the story is getting tiresome. Watch them kill off another character or do another depressing end to the quests, too, they seem to be channeling Game of Thrones for the last few patches.

The dragon story is ending here.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Axle_Stukov posted:

3.3 sutff So no new Warring Triad member yet, the trial is Nidhogg as part of the MSQ with a bard mode.

I'd bet he turns himself into a primal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

(stolen from someone's post about their GFX acting up)

• Locked thread