Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

poptart_fairy posted:

Perhaps we should not use slurs against the mentally disabled, regardless of who they are. I hope this is an agreeable stance to take, and the possibility of halting your use of "retard" does not make you angry. :)

I agree, hence the apology. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hermetic posted:

Yeah, and the one who keeps shrieking for me to "shut the gently caress up" posted this:

:allears: They sure do like misusing the word "retarded", for people who are so mad that they refuse to accept an apology over someone misusing the term "autistic".

"Sorry you were offended and you're ignored now" isn't an apology dipshit

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Literally The Worst posted:

"Sorry you were offended and you're ignored now" isn't an apology dipshit

Perfect username.

I said "sorry", then when people kept going after me, I said "sorry you're still mad, ignored". Please try reading things before you get mad at them, especially if you want to call other people "dipshit", dipshit. :3:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hermetic posted:

Perfect username.

I said "sorry", then people kept going, where I said "ignored". Please try reading things before you get mad at them, especially if you want to call other people "dipshit", dipshit. :3:

You said "sorry you were offended" and kept this holier than thou attitude going the entire time

It's you

You're the rear end in a top hat

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

You said "sorry you were offended" and kept this holier than thou attitude going the entire time

It's you

You're the rear end in a top hat

Nah, just not gonna beat myself up over one poorly chosen word.

Sorry if that offends you. :3:

EDIT

:laffo:

You feel safe saying that because you're loving blind or autistic

Jesus christ you literally are the worst.

Hermetic has a new favorite as of 14:12 on May 22, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hermetic posted:

Nah, just not gonna beat myself up over one poorly chosen word.

Sorry if that offends you. :3:

I'm more irritated by your smug bullshit and the same non apology anyone who wants to push blame off on the people they upset uses than by you using autistic as a pejorative perhaps if you're going to play behavior police you should stop that namaste

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

gently caress off

You feel safe saying that because you're loving blind or autistic

Putting this in another post, just to make sure you see it. Get the gently caress out of here, you are either a hypocrite or a troll. :laffo:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hermetic posted:

Putting this in another post, just to make sure you see it. Get the gently caress out of here, you are either a hypocrite or a troll. :laffo:

Whoa slow roll the hostility champ, gonna have to put you on ignore if you don't stop

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Whoa slow roll the hostility champ, gonna have to put you on ignore if you don't stop

That's a feature, not a bug. :3:

Seriously, though, leave. You're actually a pretty terrible person.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hermetic posted:

That's a feature, not a bug. :3:

Seriously, though, leave. You're actually a pretty terrible person.

I'm sorry you were offended

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

I'm sorry you were offended

I somehow doubt it, but if it makes you feel better about being a massive hypocrite, then I'm glad you at least have that. :3:

And into the trash you go.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hermetic posted:

I somehow doubt it, but if it makes you feel better about being a massive hypocrite, then I'm glad you at least have that. :3:

And into the trash you go.

Whoosh

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Shut the gently caress up.

eta: don't care who this is addressed to.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
:catstare:

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

GunnerJ posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

eta: don't care who this is addressed to.

This is a super-useful post. :thumbsup:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hermetic posted:

This is a super-useful post. :thumbsup:

sorry you were offended

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Shut it you chumps:

Neoreaction a Basilisk has hit $10k!

Now we're getting lizard essays. Heck if this manages the usual last-minute spike in pledges we might see the whole shebang of stretch goals!

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Tesseraction posted:

Shut it you chumps:

Neoreaction a Basilisk has hit $10k!

Now we're getting lizard essays. Heck if this manages the usual last-minute spike in pledges we might see the whole shebang of stretch goals!

Gonna be honest, the way that project is written up is so batshit insane, and the author seems so lost up their own rear end, I'm not entirely sure if it's pro-NRx or anti-NRx.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

sorry you were offended

lol

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Is he still spamming that?

LOL he's super mad. :3:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hermetic posted:

Gonna be honest, the way that project is written up is so batshit insane, and the author seems so lost up their own rear end, I'm not entirely sure if it's pro-NRx or anti-NRx.

It's an analysis of NRx that points out they ask valid questions but then come up with really, really stupid answers.

And it's written in an assumed style, the author is much less confusing day-to-day.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

:spergin:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Hermetic posted:

Is he still spamming that?

LOL he's super mad. :3:

This sure looks like a emotionally detached and disinterested post!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I really hate when people say "batshit insane". "Batshit" already implies insane, it always comes off as a Redditism.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Tesseraction posted:

It's an analysis of NRx that points out they ask valid questions but then come up with really, really stupid answers.

And it's written in an assumed style, the author is much less confusing day-to-day.

Good to know. I wasn't sure if we were supporting a cool project or egging on a nutcase. Glad to see it's the former, as the latter always feels a little bit too much like alt-right behavior, like when gamergate convinced that crazy dude to try and kill Brianna Wu. I guess that's the problem with well-written assumed style. You come off as that which you and your presumed audience dislike.

GunnerJ posted:

Nah, genuinely happy that a trash person is mad, and I have his rantings blocked. That's not detached, that's joyful. :3:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Hermetic posted:

Nah, genuinely happy that a trash person is mad, and I have his rantings blocked. That's not detached, that's joyful. :3:

Talking about having someone on ignore = total ultimate victory!! :boom:

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

GunnerJ posted:

Talking about having someone on ignore = total ultimate victory!! :boom:

You seem p mad dude. Perhaps you should go for a walk or play a video game...Do something to get your head out of that bad place. :(

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Hermetic posted:

You seem p mad dude. Perhaps you should go for a walk or play a video game...Do something to get your head out of that bad place. :(

GunnerJ posted:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I really hate when people say "batshit insane". "Batshit" already implies insane, it always comes off as a Redditism.

Nah, we were using that on Metafilter before there was a Reddit.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

I'm not emotionally disinterested. You seem really hostile for no reason. I'm worried about you. Go take a walk or do something you enjoy, please. For your own mental health. :shobon:

Pope Guilty posted:

Nah, we were using that on Metafilter before there was a Reddit.

Did some checking, and "batshit crazy" goes back to at least 1993, while just plain "batshit" dates back to at least the 60s. So while "batshit insane/crazy" may be redundant by its original use, it has been an accepted way to use the word for close to 3 decades now. :eng101:

Hermetic has a new favorite as of 17:15 on May 22, 2016

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Hermetic posted:

I'm not emotionally disinterested. You seem really hostile for no reason. I'm worried about you. Go take a walk or do something you enjoy, please. For your own mental health. :shobon:

Please just loving shut up. You're goddamn annoying. Someone just asked you not to use a slur against them and you went all "o u mad?" and you're now basically every other goddamn post in this thread now. Chill the gently caress out.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

djw175 posted:

Please just loving shut up. You're goddamn annoying. Someone just asked you not to use a slur against them and you went all "o u mad?" and you're now basically every other goddamn post in this thread now. Chill the gently caress out.

Nah, I said "sorry" and they raged some more. Maybe take your own advice and cool off?

I admit, I got a little mad when two of the people up my rear end for being insufficiently sorry have been shown to call people "retarded" and "autistic" as slurs themselves, but I'm good now. :shobon:

Keep raging, though, if it makes you feel better. Sometimes you need to get that hate out.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

djw175 posted:

Wow, someone's mad! Mebbe talk to ur pastor about these evil thoughts, my dear friend. :smug:

e:f,b

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

We could collectively put him on ignore.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Please stop engaging Hermetic.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How much of the /pol/ alt right is a result of South Park? Is the "ironic" antisemitism they do a function of growing up while enjoying Eric Cartman? The childish nihilism is a dead match, but there have always been garbage people who refuse to grow up.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Magnusth posted:

We could collectively put him on ignore.

Eh, if you don't like me, feel free. I mean, I am the monster that made the same joke a million other people on the site have (including most of the people who took offense), and I did apologize in a way that people didn't find sufficient.

TBH I'm a little disappointed no one told me to kill myself or made fun of anxiety sufferers. I wanted to get a "ok first of all how dare u" moment of my very own... :sigh:

If we want to get this thread back on track, though, I think this is kind of a cool little example of how the alt-right finds so many converts. Someone makes a stupid-rear end statement, gets called out, and apologizes for it, or points out it's no big deal. People at that point are all high on moral outrage and want to rip and tear, rather than accept and forgive, so you get the image of "evil liberal lynch mobs tearing me apart for a simple joke :qq:", when it's just someone being an rear end in a top hat in one direction, then several more people being assholes in the opposite direction. I'm not excusing alt-right behavior or saying I'm going to go make a twitter account with an anime avatar to worship Milo, just that I think this is the mechanism by which quite a few people get the wrong impression of the left.

Jack Gladney posted:

How much of the /pol/ alt right is a result of South Park? Is the "ironic" antisemitism they do a function of growing up while enjoying Eric Cartman? The childish nihilism is a dead match, but there have always been garbage people who refuse to grow up.

And we can't forget this. The idiots who take the South Park "middle stance for everything" view, along with the "ironic" racism/sexism/homophobia to heart.

Hermetic has a new favorite as of 17:40 on May 22, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Peel posted:

Please stop engaging Hermetic.

Basically

https://twitter.com/AvtonomnayaHBD/status/733504511260516353

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Tesseraction posted:

no, he's like that the rest of the time too, listen to the podcasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You didn't apologize for it