Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Scathach posted:

So I get a call from my boss today (I work in a smoke shop) and he says the FDA sent a letter to him that last Saturday there was a "secret inspection" and that I personally failed because the FDA inspector viewed me selling cigarettes to a minor. My boss checked the video and not only did I not sell to anyone without checking an ID that day, but there wasn't a single customer in the store from and hour before till an hour after the time that they specified. Not only that, but the only people actually buying cigarettes are our our regulars, all of them easily over 35. Last week was slow as hell, our business is new and struggling because no one knows we're even there (we're working on that one), and then we get this stupid-rear end decree from some FDA fuckwit that carries the threat of removing our tobacco and liquor licenses.

I am a bit pissed. I'm so glad the owner has a poo poo-ton of cameras everywhere.

That letter sounds fake as hell. Did your boss send a money order to Nigeria so you guys wouldn't be shut down, or did he or she just hand over the company's bank account info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I want to really like Pocket Mortys but it's overly simple and repetitive.
What humor is there does not make up for dimension grinding.

I'm going to buy Earthbound AGAIN because I'm an unrepentant fanboy.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I can't get a growler of the port of my choice within walking distance any more because the local port shop closed. :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My girlfriend and I were randomly treated to a third party being the designated driver for once, so we both got to get our drink on without worry.

Like people on diets who use a cheat day to gorge, we both drank enough that we're already in the "this is bordering on not being fun" stage, so we've downed our water and pain meds and going to sleep like old people . And we're not old people.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

Inzombiac posted:

I'm going to buy Earthbound AGAIN because I'm an unrepentant fanboy.

I want to buy Earthbound for the first time since the New 3DS release is the first time you can buy it in Europe and Australia, but I only own a normal 3DS and there's not much reason to upgrade.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Cleretic posted:

I want to buy Earthbound for the first time since the New 3DS release is the first time you can buy it in Europe and Australia, but I only own a normal 3DS and there's not much reason to upgrade.

It's been on WiiU since that was released. It's half the reason I even have one (the rest being someone else having better reasons :v:).

For content, and speaking of Australia and video games, new Steam games take forever to download on my lovely internet now that ~40 Gig PS4 games are the standard. Let me download only the lowest quality textures or whatever, it's all I can probably run anyway.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

My girlfriend and I were randomly treated to a third party being the designated driver for once, so we both got to get our drink on without worry.

Like people on diets who use a cheat day to gorge, we both drank enough that we're already in the "this is bordering on not being fun" stage, so we've downed our water and pain meds and going to sleep like old people . And we're not old people.

loving old people and their sleep :argh:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I was trying to record some audio on my computer and for some reason everything was super quiet. After messing around with audio settings for a while and trying the microphone on a different computer I finally figured out that I'd accidentally pressed the mute button, and for some reason it doesn't actually mute the microphone just turns the recording volume way down. So when I'd do stuff like blow on the microphone to see if it was working, that was loud enough to come through, so I didn't think to check if it was muted. Even speaking really loudly came through (very quietly) in the recording. :psyduck:

And now I finally got that sorted out, but when I tried to record myself and listen back to it it sounded weird and I can't tell if that's because of something I did when I was messing with the settings or if it's just the usual thing of not being familiar with the sound of your own voice.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
The internet in my student accommodation was way faster than the internet I have access to at home, but I'm stuck here until September because I'm on placement just down the road. I miss you, speedy downloads!

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
forgot my ipad on my first class flight to iceland and nobody turned it in

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Nobody in SAS likes the Marlins.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

AlphaKretin posted:

I went to IKEA and they were out of lingonberry. :(

This is horrible, I'm so sorry for you, really.

Actually, e: content. IKEA used to sell sausage-sized hot dogs that were the best, tastiest thing ever, but they got rid of them and now only sell the thin hot dogs. They're good still, but not as good as the sausage ones :(

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 03:06 on May 20, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The way embedded tweets gently caress up the last read post function and make the page jump around a bunch :mad:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I started taking a fiber supplement and now I got the bubble guts!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The way embedded tweets gently caress up the last read post function and make the page jump around a bunch :mad:

So that's what that is!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Thin Privilege posted:

sausage-sized hot dogs

Aren't all hot-dogs sausage-sized? Sausages come in a range of sizes. :confused:

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
It's not about the size of the sausage, it's how you eat it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiggum posted:

Aren't all hot-dogs sausage-sized? Sausages come in a range of sizes. :confused:

I mean ones the size of a bratwurst vs the really thin ones like Oscar Meyer.

There's chipotle ads everywhere and they make me hungry, and I really want chipotle.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

One of the dogs in daycamp got skunked. He went to grooming first, and they apparently used vinegar and tomato paste on him. Which didn't work that well.

He smells like a weed pizza.

Flaccid Trip has a new favorite as of 06:06 on May 21, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Due to my own stupidity, I had two tickets to a play. Loved it the first time, so instead of pawning the second ticket off on someone else, I just saw it again. No harm no foul; as a movie-goer I generally see movies twice if I liked 'em a lot.

I liked the play enough that part of me wants to see it again. But play tickets (plus parking) are a lot more expensive than movie tickets. :negative:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My UPS package got delivered too fast, and I didn't get a chance to play with the "FOLLOW IT LIVE" map that came with the notification it was out for delivery :negative:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I can find absolutely no working way to get large files from my computer to my tablet anymore. Air Droid used to work, but between the last time I used it and now it doesn't let me save on my SD card like I used to. Can't get Dropbox to save a file off it to my tablet (anywhere, much less to a specific location). Even opening the folders in Explorer on my PC spits out errors.

I even get Failed To Move errors trying to move a file from my tablets internal storage to my SD card using my tablets My Files app. :wtc:

E: Well, I think I might've resolved the issue by unmounting and remounting the card, but now I'm too wired with annoyance-based adrenaline to actually sleep.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 10:43 on May 21, 2016

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Wait, is that what causes it? Motherfuckers.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Thin Privilege posted:

There's chipotle ads everywhere and they make me hungry, and I really want chipotle.
I too crave Chipotle, but my lovely little town only has exactly one and my ex frequents it, and I don't feel like dealing with that awkwardness :effort:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I too crave Chipotle, but my lovely little town only has exactly one and my ex frequents it, and I don't feel like dealing with that awkwardness :effort:

I had a coupon for a free burrito at Chipotle so went last week. Well, for a burrito or wrap or salad, pretty much anything. I asked if a quesadilla would be possible and the girl asked, then told me no. Wait, couldn't you just make a burrito with loving cheese and meat and put it in the tortilla warmer? No? gently caress that then. I gave the coupon away and went somewhere else.

Turns out the kittens are sick with guardia. So they need meds every day and need baths as well. Kittens should not need baths every day.

I can't tell if I am stupid hungry or my cramps are bad enough that I think I need to eat something. Being a girl sucks.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Cowslips Warren posted:

I had a coupon for a free burrito at Chipotle so went last week. Well, for a burrito or wrap or salad, pretty much anything. I asked if a quesadilla would be possible and the girl asked, then told me no. Wait, couldn't you just make a burrito with loving cheese and meat and put it in the tortilla warmer? No? gently caress that then. I gave the coupon away and went somewhere else.

I rolled my eyes so hard at this I think they're stuck now, which I guess is a first world problem. I've never been to a Chipotle that didn't have a line out the door, and you're asking them to hold everything up to make you something that isn't on the menu, and that you're not paying for anyway, and then storming out when you don't get your way? Good lord.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Cowslips Warren posted:

Turns out the kittens are sick with guardia. So they need meds every day and need baths as well. Kittens should not need baths every day.

I can't tell if I am stupid hungry or my cramps are bad enough that I think I need to eat something. Being a girl sucks.

I don't think they want cheese in the tortilla warmer. It would ruin it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I have the house to myself, and far harbor downloading on my PS4, but i can't play it until I get home from my very easy second job.

I'm replacing that job with an even easier and better paying job, but it will be a week until they can confirm i've been hired on because they also ran a print ad in next week's paper. I've been told they'll absolutely give it to me, because they asked for me specifically to apply, but they can't formally start me on the schedule until the ad has run for 24 hours.

I ate too much cheese again :(

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
My son comes for the summer in two weeks and I have to start my annual spring cleaning today. waah! Monkey hate clean!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Crow Jane posted:

I rolled my eyes so hard at this I think they're stuck now, which I guess is a first world problem. I've never been to a Chipotle that didn't have a line out the door, and you're asking them to hold everything up to make you something that isn't on the menu, and that you're not paying for anyway, and then storming out when you don't get your way? Good lord.

Actually quesadillas are on the menu, at least at the stores I've been to in Phoenix. It was on the menu at this store. Maybe it's a press, I don't know, but every other time they fold the thing in foil then throw it in what I assume is the warmer to crisp it shut. No, I didn't cause a scene, I said no thanks, passed the coupon to the next person, and left. Didn't pull the usual customer screaming thing because, amazingly, lots of us have worked in food service before. I was just kinda surprised the answer was a blunt "No" and then the girl just stared at me as if she was waiting for the explosion. She was denied it.

Oddly enough this was the first Chipotle I'd been to that only had a line of three people. The parking lot was empty. Probably because it was at the far end of a strip mall and there were no other stores around it. And besides, the initial plan was to buy a drat drink and some chips because that was my lunch, and who goes to Chipotle for takeout?

Is this a better FWP? Being in line in a fastfood place and the line is long, and finally the person ahead of you, who has been waiting about 10 minutes (at least as long as you have been) gets to the register with her three kids and asks them what they want. The kids argue, two of them want kids meals, one wants a extra large chicken sandwich with a sundae, now all three want sundaes, now all three are getting kids meals that they see the toys, but none of them want applejuice, two want soda, one wants chocolate milk, now they all want it, and I'm standing there wondering who the gently caress takes kids out to eat, waits in line with them for ten minutes and then AND ONLY THEN ASKS WHAT THEY WANT TO EAT.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i think a real first world problem is wanting a burrito in phoenix arizona and instead of going to like one of the thousands of way better actual mexican food places where you can get food for an entire family for like $4 you went to chipotle

just go to a *bertos

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So her first world problem was too first world for you picky motherfuckers? Jesus.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

So her first world problem was too first world for you picky motherfuckers? Jesus.

The FWP are coming from inside the thread!

New one. Years ago my friend's wife friended me on Facebook. They have since divorced but she never took me off the list. I barely notice her posts at all (they tend to be the usual BooHoo No One Loves Me! or the *SIGH* Hard day.... ones where she is fishing for compliments or people wanting to know how she is) but my friend isn't on her page anymore. So tonight he asked me to start trolling her page and posting up poo poo like "Maybe this wouldn't have happened if you didn't cheat on your husband" poo poo. I told him no. Now he's being a whiner about me not having guts and being a chicken. No, dude, this isn't my loving dog in the fight, and it's creeoy!

I found some cheap baby blankets at a store we can use for our foster kittens and should have bought more, but I don't want to go back to the store tomorrow just to get more because the place is horrible to get to and has two, loving TWO drive-thru coffee places where the lines cut through the parking lot.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

gently caress Dutch bros lines

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I played way too much Far Harbor this weekend.
My FWP is that I got a Legendary harpoon gun and it doesn't stack up to my Gauss Rifle.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I can't get my bluetooth controller to convert to my Raspberry Pi running RetroPi.

The bluetooth works, cause it can connect to my PS3 controller, but I got one of those replica SNES bluetooth controllers because it 'feels' more authentic. Even after completely reformatting and re-imaging RetroPi it won't see it.

I got it to connect once in the settings menu, but then after restarting the Pi to reload the emulation software it wouldn't connect again.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I actually have a good amount of work to do today, UGH

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Why does the sole of one of my shoes make a fart noise when I walk on tile :gonk:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Why do I fart with every step I take?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Inzombiac posted:

Why do I fart with every step I take?!