Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lucian isn't even a top 20 win rate in the game so it's pretty funny that having an ADC that isn't complete garbage translates to people thinking it's a busted champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

he has 54% winrate with the korean build, which is statistically quite significant considering the amount of games played with it

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
He also is played in literally half of all ranked games, which means players who usually never touch the champ are getting excellent results with him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/danielzklein/status/733833202129723392
https://twitter.com/danielzklein/status/733833525170839553

Is it just me or do these not make sense together?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he has a 54% win rate because he's one of like three ADCs who isn't terrible right now, meaning that if he's on one team the odds are that the other team has one of the terrible ADCs

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Endorph posted:

he has a 54% win rate because he's one of like three ADCs who isn't terrible right now, meaning that if he's on one team the odds are that the other team has one of the terrible ADCs

He has a 54% win rate because the changes to Black Cleaver let him be a much bigger lane bully than usual due to the 40% CDR, 300 HP, and high damage. The other marksmen with low win rates are just the champions that get bullied the hardest by him. Currently the only champions that really can deal with Lucian are going to be Miss Fortune and Ezreal. All they need to do to lucian is what they did to Graves; cut some of his damage and then add some crit scaling into his kit. That probably means making his ult scale on attack speed again, as well as maybe dropping some of the base damage on his Q. Currently he can build two items with no attack speed and still get 25 bullets with R, which is pretty silly.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Is it just me or do these not make sense together?

kinda, ideally you would want to be able to cast the w more when you start leveling it and if you catch them throw down the e when they're midair.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Radical posted:

kinda, ideally you would want to be able to cast the w more when you start leveling it and if you catch them throw down the e when they're midair.

You can't put down the E fast enough to do a full combo without doing it before the W. You have to telegraph and you can't hit confirm. It us the worst part of her and makes no sense.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

NTT posted:

He also is played in literally half of all ranked games, which means players who usually never touch the champ are getting excellent results with him.

My experience playing him was basically saying "Really? That far? That much damage?" a lot.

My thoughts:
-He's also got spells that are all ~1000 range so despite a very average attack range he can usually be doing stuff from a distance unlike Vayne or something.
-Q's cooldown is really short and it hits pretty drat hard. You can spam it pretty freely and while it's technically not targeted you're not dodging it without flash or running perpendicular at long range.
-W gives a lot of goddamn movespeed with a very generous triggering condition. With max CDR it can be up constantly.
-The dash is good. The cooldown gets down to 8.4s and each passive will shave 4s off the cooldown, including its own passive proc. This means you dash all the goddamn time. It's apparently also an auto reset for some reason and becomes free when you level it. You can go EQEWEQE almost back to back.
-The dash and the W speed together, managed well, makes you stupid hard to catch. I barely knew what I was doing and just flit around the battlefield until I did something tremendously dumb.
-Culling hits quite hard and isn't that hard to connect with.
-He exploits Fervor better than anyone except Kog with his double shot. Other champs can spread it around with Hurricane or whatever but he can stick it onto one person to make them dead faster.

BigLeafyTree fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 23, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
he's also too focused on the mana costs when like, Brand is the only midlaner I've seen actually have mana issues (esp. if your jungler is manaless). A full manabar doesn't mean much if your health is always too low for ganks or defending because you keep losing trades between one rockchuck vs. a real nuke.

Also her boulder combo is hilariously easy to escape, even with the dash penalty. Unless the Taliyah is near-instant with both skills you'll always have time to walk out.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I've seen taliyah once out of playing a poo poo load of games since the patch dropped. It was PK playing it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Methanar posted:

I've seen taliyah once out of playing a poo poo load of games since the patch dropped. It was PK playing it.

Same. And half the taliyah ults I was around got me killed.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
e: wrong thread

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

my last game didnt have a lucian pick or ban, what a world

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SaffronKit posted:

Same. And half the taliyah ults I was around got me killed.

I've already been saved once by a Taliyah accidentally walling off her (far more competent) Zyra, and then she got herself killed

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
I had a Taliyah wall bounce me towards safety after I got Lee ulted.

It was pretty sick.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Taliyah has downright bardic levels of potential for loving over your own team.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only taliyah ive seen made the Big Play of ulting down to bot lane against a vayne/poppy bot lane

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Classic vayppy bot lane. That's pronounced vapey. They both love to vape.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/574259e683d92f2704/2-and-5

Guess how the Zed dies

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If anyone is getting in a few more urf games before it goes away Swain is even more broken on that than normal. 2 qs out all the time and permanent ult is hilarious

stump collector
May 28, 2007

gromp?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

rabidsquid posted:

Classic vayppy bot lane. That's pronounced vapey. They both love to vape.

requesting vape nation skins for both

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

aka "wtf is that"

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

duskblade killed him

stump collector
May 28, 2007

How Rude posted:

duskblade killed him

i figured it out when i saw the picture of the dusk blade pasted in the thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did you know duskblade killed him

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

To thunderous applause...

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/134487395/200186272?tab=overview

swain so goood

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ignite Memories posted:

Taliyah has downright bardic levels of potential for loving over your own team.

Honestly I think her potential is even greater.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
She can't jungle, can she? Her gank potential feels monstrous with her wall and displacement, shame the jungle would probably murder her though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alris posted:

She can't jungle, can she? Her gank potential feels monstrous with her wall and displacement, shame the jungle would probably murder her though.
rammus can get to lanes just as fast, has a long taunt, and doesn't die to everything

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liPxZ7rZoLg

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i had an udyr buddy in urf mode that never fought anybody and went 1/11 and would chain turtle form shields together through turret aggro to backdoor everything. we won that game

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013
There are some days where no matter how relentlessly you feed top lane your bot lane will total 40 kills and carry you to victory

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/radaintweasel#2196042869

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNvFmZlQfJI

Graves used to be so balanced

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/134573140/200186272/eog

climbing out of the cess pit that was my losing streak~~

The jungle items do nothing for Hecarim, just get swifties ASAP they cost 900 gold. Remember your price points.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Why doesn't Karthus's wall do the Poppy thing that riot's so fond of now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

because they think karthus is pretty strong and dont want to buff him

• Locked thread