Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

LoB just shits up threads with unsourced copy-paste and doesn't actually engage with the thread.

as opposed to hermetic who engage with the thread and shits it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Avenging_Mikon posted:

You don't get LoB, do you.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

LoB just shits up threads with unsourced copy-paste and doesn't actually engage with the thread.

I'd seen a few threads posted without source or further comment, but never really noticed they were the same person. I get it now, and it's great stuff, though his rap sheet indicates that the mods feel differently.

Thanks! ...I think. Something tells me that I'm on a watch list after clicking that link.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Literally The Worst posted:

as opposed to hermetic who engage with the thread and shits it up

True, but LoB does it across multiple threads and it's really annoying.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I don't want LoB to ever stop.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GE0tJNgouw

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/734523978228879365

Well, there's absolutely no reason to think that. Not even the time when he couldn't stop tweeting about unjust commie prog violence by Sanders supporters against Trump rallies.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

GunnerJ posted:

I don't want LoB to ever stop.

This thread is richer from his contributions. It's like a mouth channeling pure madness.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I think LoB has this under control but just in case, Hermetic, please stop.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I think LoB has this under control but just in case, Hermetic, please stop.

It's been stopped for a long time. I've been trying to help get the thread back on track. :confused:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
This has been a very strange day.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

i've considered buying Hansi and some of the other Spire comics when they blow through the store occasionally, just to giggle at, but man i dont want to own that book really

What's great is that the stupid loving nazi who posted the image obviously has not read any Spire comics because he seems to think that Hansi is pro-nazi instead of explicitly anti-nazi Christian fundamentalist end-times idiocy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This thread has done so much for my ignore list. I usually don't keep track of posters' names at all and only recognize like Hundu and SMG (for opposite reasons) and maybe a dozen others, but Cingulate and some of the others here have taught me to hate certain posters for the first time in my life.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jack Gladney posted:

What's great is that the stupid loving nazi who posted the image obviously has not read any Spire comics because he seems to think that Hansi is pro-nazi instead of explicitly anti-nazi Christian fundamentalist end-times idiocy.

fun fact those books were distributed by archie as part of a deal with the writer

see, he had been writing archie for a while, and during this time got born again. and then archie got kinda weird. like, instead of going out to the movies, archie and betty stayed in and studied the bible. and archie the publisher went "uh dude what" and he kicked up a big fuss and in exchange for distributing his polemics they got him off the book

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

fun fact those books were distributed by archie as part of a deal with the writer

see, he had been writing archie for a while, and during this time got born again. and then archie got kinda weird. like, instead of going out to the movies, archie and betty stayed in and studied the bible. and archie the publisher went "uh dude what" and he kicked up a big fuss and in exchange for distributing his polemics they got him off the book

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

here's a really good article about Hansi http://comicsalliance.com/comic-art-propaganda-explored-hansi-the-girl-who-loved-the-swa/

this is one about the archie comics in question that links to it http://comicsalliance.com/archie-christian-comics/

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
also i hosed up the story of how those books got made royally

except for where the guy worked on archie and they told him to tone it down

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Holy poo poo. That's some excellent dogwhistle racism with the girl dating the gorilla. I never knew any of that, other than Archie fighting some demon hippies in one of them.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jack Gladney posted:

Holy poo poo. That's some excellent dogwhistle racism with the girl dating the gorilla. I never knew any of that, other than Archie fighting some demon hippies in one of them.

yeah do some research on it, its fuckin wild poo poo

edit here's exactly the kind of thing i was looking for, a Bizarro Back Issues column http://comicsalliance.com/bizarro-back-issues-betty-cooper-sells-her-soul-to-the-devil-to-make-out-with-archie-1962/

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

pookel posted:

Jesus loving Christ hermetic, stop making GBS threads up the thread.

And yeah, that's exactly what the alt-right does. They say "human being" ~ironically~ and someone else goes "hey dude, that's not cool," and then instead of being like "whoops, sorry man," they throw a huge loving tantrum about witch hunts and dogpiles and "political correctness," and hunt down examples of bad things the other guy once said in some other context, and basically make the whole conversation about themselves and their feelings and their right to say "human being." Because they're huge entitled whiny babies.

Meanwhile, people who know how to act like adults on the internet understand that if someone critiques your word choice on the internet in a way you think is silly, it's OK to smile and nod and roll your eyes in private instead of throwing a fit about it.

Actually, instead of going on about political correctness or the Cathedral, reactos go on about free speech. Like so:

https://twitter.com/alicemazzy/status/733948934700204032
https://twitter.com/alicemazzy/status/733949848295112704
https://twitter.com/alicemazzy/status/733950553969987584
https://twitter.com/alicemazzy/status/669273844167925761

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

So, I'd like to keep talking about the issue of YouTube Atheists siding with literal terrorists and neonazis. Like how ironic it is, or any possible predictions if this is going to culminate into them being the Glenn Becks of this generation?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Annointed posted:

So, I'd like to keep talking about the issue of YouTube Atheists siding with literal terrorists and neonazis. Like how ironic it is, or any possible predictions if this is going to culminate into them being the Glenn Becks of this generation?
All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/35243_Why_I_Parted_Ways_With_The_Right

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Annointed posted:

Is there an article cause I don't wanna watch a yourtube vid

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RyYYdPGCAZQ

Just go to the links in the youtube description.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

This is interesting as I'd seemed to remember LGF being a bunch of right-wing arseholes, but it appears he did a complete 180 after smelling the poo poo caking up behind the sofa on the right.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Just to err on the side of caution, the following link might not be worksafe depending on your work environment.

Sometimes devilmen are so busy planning scoundrel attacks they forget to REGISTER important website names. this is a SOFT WAY of the antibuckaroo agenda but is also good because it makes it easy for BUDS WHO KNOW LOVE IS REAL to prove love (all).

Yeah just keep doing what you do Chuck :allears:

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
Chuck Tingle is a goddamn superhero.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Tesseraction posted:

This is interesting as I'd seemed to remember LGF being a bunch of right-wing arseholes, but it appears he did a complete 180 after smelling the poo poo caking up behind the sofa on the right.

Calling it a "complete 180" is way too generous. LGF went from being center-right supporters of the mainstream GOP (these are the guys responsible for destroying Dan Rather's career and making it near impossible to even discuss the actual evidence behind GWB's military service without being labeled a crank, something they are still proud about) to being centrist supporters of the mainstream Democratic Party. This was not a huge leap; now they get to be self-important "post-partisan" bloggers about a different set of milquetoasts instead.

I mean, credit to them for not being xenophobic nutjobs but that's a pretty low bar to clear.

Heresiarch has a new favorite as of 19:21 on May 23, 2016

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

pookel posted:

Yes, but only if you edit that to read "only big place that's primarily for white male nerds on the internet" because there are whole giant segments of the forum-using internet that are full of, e.g., black women talking about hair politics and colorism, that are at least as big and active as SA.

SA is unusual for being less terrible than most of the places occupied by the same demographic, though.

Yeah like I said, the internet.

Places that are not the internet include: facebook, most of twitter, like every single chinese website no matter how popular it gets, pinterest...

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wait, are buckaroos good or bad in the Chuck Tingle cosmology? I thought they were like his Blue Blaze Irregulars.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Jack Gladney posted:

Wait, are buckaroos good or bad in the Chuck Tingle cosmology? I thought they were like his Blue Blaze Irregulars.

Buckaroos know that Love Is Real.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Yeah like I said, the internet.

Places that are not the internet include: facebook, most of twitter, like every single chinese website no matter how popular it gets, pinterest...
.... Nappturality isn't "the internet"? I can't actually tell if you're serious.

quote:

Nappturality Black Natural Hair Care Forums Statistics
Threads 148,664 Posts 2,741,602 Members 147,982

Then there's Ravelry:

quote:

February 28th, 2014 — The 4 millionth person signed up and tried out Ravelry today! Since we've been having fun counting down to milestones and sharing stats, we thought that you'd enjoy this page of interesting facts about Rav.

Ravelry is constantly growing and we're always working to make it better. We hope that this place will continue to sweeten your yarn life for many years to come.

-- Jess, Casey, Mary Heather, Sarah, and Christina

Zynga players:

quote:

Zynga Player Forums Statistics
Threads 2,135,630 Posts 13,801,636 Members 4,460,417 Active Members 35,930

I couldn't find forum post statistics from Babycenter, as they seem to have it divided up by individual boards, but the monthly due date clubs there have 70,000+ members each, and the site itself gets over 20 million views a day just in the U.S. Honestly, I'd bet Babycenter eclipses 4chan at its height for sheer posting volume.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

pookel posted:

.... Nappturality isn't "the internet"? I can't actually tell if you're serious.

Then there's Ravelry:

Zynga players:

I couldn't find forum post statistics from Babycenter, as they seem to have it divided up by individual boards, but the monthly due date clubs there have 70,000+ members each, and the site itself gets over 20 million views a day just in the U.S. Honestly, I'd bet Babycenter eclipses 4chan at its height for sheer posting volume.

Nope none of those are the internet at all, especially not Zynga :colbert:

Yes i am kidding

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jack Gladney posted:

As far as I can tell he uses "bud" and "buckaroo" interchangeably, and they're both names of conceptual hunks he wants to do bro-friend handjobs with.

Chuck is amazing, long live Chuck.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Heresiarch posted:

Calling it a "complete 180" is way too generous. LGF went from being center-right supporters of the mainstream GOP (these are the guys responsible for destroying Dan Rather's career and making it near impossible to even discuss the actual evidence behind GWB's military service without being labeled a crank, something they are still proud about) to being centrist supporters of the mainstream Democratic Party. This was not a huge leap; now they get to be self-important "post-partisan" bloggers about a different set of milquetoasts instead.

I mean, credit to them for not being xenophobic nutjobs but that's a pretty low bar to clear.

Well yes, but given the wilful ignorance of a lot of the American political mainstream, seeing someone publicly rebuke the Stupid Party for their horrible ideas is rather heartening, even if they did just switch from Team Red to Team Blue.

Of course, as we are all part of the Secret Devil Marxist Sex Cult I want them to join Team Deep Red. :ussr:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Milo Yiannopoulos is the best alt-righter. His homosexuality essentially makes him immune from SJWs.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Immortan posted:

Milo Yiannopoulos is the best alt-righter. His homosexuality essentially makes him immune from SJWs.

I know it's obvious bait but...

Plenty of people have called him out for his self-hating, unethical, white-supremecist rear end-kissing ways, what are you talking about?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Ash Crimson posted:

I know it's obvious bait but...

Plenty of people have called him out for his self-hating, unethical, white-supremecist rear end-kissing ways, what are you talking about?

A progressive calling someone else self-hating is pretty :ironicat:, no?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Immortan posted:

A progressive calling someone else self-hating is pretty :ironicat:, no?

Rednecks have guns. SWPLs have gun control. That war isn’t going to last long. If the SWPLs hire mercenaries to go kill the rednecks, the mercenaries might turn around and rob the SWPLs instead.

SWPLs live in cities. In WW2 it took hundreds of bombers to set one city on fire. Today one computer hacker could burn down hundreds of cities by disabling the EBT cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Immortan posted:

quote:

I’ve Been Censored, And It’s Getting Dark: How Cultural Marxism Locked Me Out Of My Car
by Milo Yiannopoulos · March 9, 2016

The latte-sipping left-liberal elite have unveiled their latest weapon in the culture wars: making me accidentally lock my keys in my car.

The motives of these regressive dullards are as transparent as the window of my car, through which I can see my keys. They want to humiliate me and leave me stranded alone in this carpark as night closes in. But this underhanded strategy will not succeed.

I won’t call for help, of course. That’s what the feminists would want me to do. To admit that I’m not all-powerful, that men are no more capable than women. Well I’ve got news for my critics –I won’t be shamed into calling out for help.

That, my friends, is the insidious danger of this “callout culture” — a danger that all proud, free-thinking individuals who can get into their cars at any time they want rightly reject. It’s an atmosphere of oppression, designed to make you watch your every move, your every thought.

But I won’t do that. I won’t live in a world of fear where every dark corner of the carpark hides a feminist, waiting to laugh at me as I bloody my fists on the car window. I’m stronger than that, and my hands do not hurt at all, actually.