Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Latest IDEOTV episode is a thing of beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

J with a rotating guest was much better than Collision imo.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
It's mostly because of the goddamn book they read. I might have to buy this thing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

EmmyOk posted:

J with a rotating guest was much better than Collision imo.

I like Collision but my favorite episodes are easily the ones with an additional guest.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I like Collision better than probably every guest they've had on. Dude just puts me in a good mood.

I definitely wasn't expecting a podcast about bad books to require so much music knowledge (that I completely lack) for the full experience, though. At least I got to laugh at Anthony Kiedis along with them.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I just don't find him funny or charismatic at all

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That's overly harsh he's fine as a host but rotating hosts were better and as a constant hosts there are other people I would have liked.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Neither of them are funny or charismatic, but this is one of many cases where that slack is more than picked up by what they're covering.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think J is pretty funny and charismatic actually.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I agree. Also, never forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
That was JW? I take back anything I've said about the guy.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I asked him on twitter a few months back and he confirmed it was him

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Also, now that I'm familiar with his speaking voice, it's pretty clear to me that it's the same guy.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The show's fixation on music-related topics, both for the actual books and their discussions of them, is a little annoying but considering that every other book discussion on the internet is dominated by either sci-fi/fantasy or "ironic" erotica/chick-lit they're still heads and shoulders above the competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtUQNxp02mE

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

IIRC though he had nothing to do with that video and hates how much TLO got ran into the ground by goons

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
One of his songs was also in the second episode of Welcome to Night Vale, before it became hugely popular and terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CXiB5n883I

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

oh my god

EmmyOk posted:

IIRC though he had nothing to do with that video and hates how much TLO got ran into the ground by goons

yeah, I know he didn't make the video. You can't really get mad at people thinking something you did was funny and re-posting it a lot though. Like, we have a thread for funny forum quotes where we post and re-post funny things people have said on this forum and it's the same thing, really.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 18, 2016

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I just don't find him funny or charismatic at all

Honestly, Collision is at his best during the dramatic readings, his voice is just so robust and he puts so much into the awful prose.

Oh dear God, the cherrywood!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*james hetfield voice* yeuuua-agh

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Relistened to the Offbeatr episode and my god when Portax says "Dead or alive, you really coming with me!" I just lost it as hard as everyone on the show did. Easily one of the best moments ever on there.

I'm actually a little sad that Offbeatr is apparently defunct now. They closed down back in February this year, I always liked going through and browsing the insane poo poo people were making.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Tracula posted:

Relistened to the Offbeatr episode and my god when Portax says "Dead or alive, you really coming with me!" I just lost it as hard as everyone on the show did. Easily one of the best moments ever on there.

Portaxx is always on point with the jizz jokes.

"Come on people now! No, really."

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Missed the new Lou when it was posted a couple days ago, but it looks like everyone else did too, so I don't feel too bad. Haven't heard it yet, but it looks to be a suitable companion to the dad pranks episode. :3:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Missed the new Lou when it was posted a couple days ago, but it looks like everyone else did too, so I don't feel too bad. Haven't heard it yet, but it looks to be a suitable companion to the dad pranks episode. :3:

For some reason this ep and the Shitskin one haven't showed up on my Podcast Addict subscription.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Guy Mann posted:

For some reason this ep and the Shitskin one haven't showed up on my Podcast Addict subscription.

I just transitioned over to the Google Play podcasts from Podcast Addict and it's available there.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Guy Mann posted:

They're on mine so it maybe it is a problem on your end.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Rumda posted:

They're on mine so it maybe it is a problem on your end.

The two eps just downloaded this morning so :ms:

Whimskey
Jul 4, 2007

There's a new episode up. It's dozerfleet part 2 :woop:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
IT'S HAPPENING

Edit: Whimskey!!! :argh:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It's a bummer that they already used the Return To Castle X title for the second Experience Project episode because Return To Castle Dozerfleet would have been a great title.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'M SO HAPPY

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

dozerfleet is the weirdest secret the tv tropes thread ever coughed up

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I was thinking it had been a while since the last episode and was wondering what was taking so long, but this karaoke was so worth it holy poo poo :allears:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I made an audible gasp when I saw it was Dozerfleet. :woop:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mods namechange to Jackal Slapnasty tia

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"That'll come in handy when I'm on Imaginary Jeopardy" is pretty much dozerfleet.txt.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

[karaoke mode engaged]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jesus loving Christ. Dozerfleet always makes me feel like I've not only been beaten up by Mike Tyson, but it happened deep underwater and now I have the bends too.

I can't wait for Portaxx's Trapezoid Kids animation.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Lemon quoting "I dip you dip we dip" may have actually ruined my life.

Wikipedia posted:

One common interpretation is that the text is a description of a series of three successive real dips in time: first I dip, then you dip, then we dip. An alternative interpretation is that the text is a logical statement: when I dip and you dip, that means we dip. Here the word "when" serves as a key indication of coincidence-in-time of the "I dip" and the "you dip", which leads to the conclusion "we dip".

Thanks, Wikipedia. I'd honestly never thought about it that way before.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 23, 2016

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Portaxx must hate that she missed NotAlwaysRight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

Lemon quoting "I dip you dip we dip" may have actually ruined my life.

Thanks, Wikipedia. I'd honestly never thought about it that way before.

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate this