Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I do have to wonder how well this being locked out of the Executive for 12 years straight will do for the GOP on down ticket races come 2020 though, especially combined with anti-gerrymandering laws and an updated census. This hasn't happened since FDR and Truman, and prior to them the GOP basically controlled the government, despite the GOP then being pretty drat different from the racist shoggoth monster that is today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The anti-gerrymandering laws are going to take a while to finally get implemented. Florida passed a couple amendments in 2010 that says partisan districts are unconstitutional, and they're still being fought in the courts. Corrine Brown is trying to get her district thrown out in federal court because one of the worst districts in the nation is what black people in Florida apparently deserve. It's not fair that the new district is still overwhelmingly minority and looks close to reasonable, she'll have competition for the first time in for ever.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Vox Nihili posted:

Dude, those maps don't line up AT ALL. In fact it demonstrates exactly what I'm saying. Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Hampshire--all blue or swing states completely controlled by the GOP at the state level.

Yeah, so like I said, Florida and the Great Lakes states (and one or two extra ones). Those are the areas that actually have mismatch, and really Florida in particular is the one that Dems should be winning but aren't (The Great Lakes region has a very complicated political background).

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Hillary Clinton is best equipped to rally wage laborers for capital in 2016.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

I am one of them.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Just posting in this thread is getting me readier.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

computer parts posted:

Yeah, so like I said, Florida and the Great Lakes states (and one or two extra ones). Those are the areas that actually have mismatch, and really Florida in particular is the one that Dems should be winning but aren't (The Great Lakes region has a very complicated political background).
Florida also seems to be particularly weird in that the state Democratic party is both bizarre incompetent and mismatched to the state, and the local Republican party has made inroads with traditional liberal demographics while not losing the more "Southern" parts in the north.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Give it time. Florida will soon be mostly under water and the parts that won't will be overran with refugees looking for new lives. The white, fat geriatrics with diabetes-infected limbs will be overrun by the Democratic-leaning non-whites thus saving the state.

You think some jerk bag with a diabetic ulcer the size of my fist on their foot can out pace someone trying to feed their kids? gently caress no.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Give it time. Florida will soon be mostly under water and the parts that won't will be overran with refugees looking for new lives. The white, fat geriatrics with diabetes-infected limbs will be overrun by the Democratic-leaning non-whites thus saving the state.

You think some jerk bag with a diabetic ulcer the size of my fist on their foot can out pace someone trying to feed their kids? gently caress no.

What makes you think Democrates are guaranteed the votes of "non-whites"?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Are you a time traveler from back before the split of the Dixiecrats from the Democrats?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

Are you a time traveler from back before the split of the Dixiecrats from the Democrats?

Yeah.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Recorded history.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
do it karl barks, do it

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Any tentative progress on the GOP's outreach to nonwhite voters went down in flames this year with Trump's nomination. If there's one nice thing about having the two Toxx threads separating people out a little it's the chance to acknowledge that no, Trump is not going to win big with Hispanics by eating a taco bowl. And just in case people start to forget, the regular revelation of Trump supporters and delegates as proud white nationalists is a good reminder.

But acknowledging that is probably the dreaded "Identity Politics" that Trump supporters hate so much.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

computer parts posted:

Recorded history.

I know plenty of Asians (many of whom are Muslim) who will be voting republican come November. So no every minority person in this country is not automatically going to vote for Clinton. Nobody is guaranteed votes sorry.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Alucard Nacirema posted:

I know plenty of Asians (many of whom are Muslim) who will be voting republican come November. So no every minority person in this country is not automatically going to vote for Clinton. Nobody is guaranteed votes sorry.

Thankfully I know plenty of white people to counter act your idiotic anecdotal evidence.

Good job showing you have absolutely no understanding of how voting works past checking a box. gently caress I hope there aren't any 4-way stop signs on the way to your voting location since I doubt you could even navigate that.

Hillary's got this bitch. Trump's only attack is calling the kettle black and the kettle isn't even running for president.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Hillary doesn't have 100% of the minority vote? Better wrap it up then we're doomed.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Thankfully I know plenty of white people to counter act your idiotic anecdotal evidence.

Good job showing you have absolutely no understanding of how voting works past checking a box. gently caress I hope there aren't any 4-way stop signs on the way to your voting location since I doubt you could even navigate that.

Hillary's got this bitch. Trump's only attack is calling the kettle black and the kettle isn't even running for president.

Wow your ruder than trump himself.....you sure you don't want to vote for him instead?

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Look buddy, it's emityad out there and I've got a ekats is all I'm saying.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Wow your ruder than trump himself.....you sure you don't want to vote for him instead?

The difference between me and Trump is I'm actually serious.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Asians are the second most reliable Democratic voting bloc, sandwiched between black people and atheists. Trump is not going to convince immigrants, some of whom were placed in US sponsored concentration camps, to vote for him, no matter what color their skin is.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
I can't wait for Future President Hillary Clinton to become President Hillary Clinton.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Yes, and Trump is going to have Mexicans who vote for him while Hillary is going to have Mormons and Liberty University students and faculty voting for her.

When people say that a group votes a certain way, they are saying that as a whole that group overwhelmingly votes that way. There is no group that votes 100% one way, there are always outliers. So until you know enough of any set group personally, say 50% of all Asians, anecdotal examples aren't that meaningful.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Trump unfavourables with Asians hover around 80%.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

logikv9 posted:

do it karl barks, do it

you got baited into toxxing by the worst poster in ycs

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
go big or go home

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Thundercracker posted:

Trump unfavourables with Asians hover around 80%.

:drat:

Considering the treatment of asian immigrants by the US over the years, it's really not that surprising, but god drat that is a big margin.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mirthless posted:

:drat:

Considering the treatment of asian immigrants by the US over the years, it's really not that surprising, but god drat that is a big margin.

White people are the only ones looking to build walls and start trade wars. Probably because they're the only group who want to make America Great Again, like it was in the 1950s. Guess non-whites just don't remember how great it was in 1950.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
These people know what's up:

https://twitter.com/CarrieNBCNews/status/735087101293809665

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Yup, the Dem heavyweights like Obama and Biden have been largely silent this primary season, aside from a little bit of clowning on Trump incidentally. When the primaries are wrapped up and they come out swinging you'll see an effect in the polls. Clinton is and was very smart to stick as close to Obama as possible; distancing yourself would be the worst decision in this cycle.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Obama + Bernie + Liz Warren are going to be the dream team of surrogates.

Imagine Obama's convention speech :allears:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Biden should be able to contribute a fair bit as well, not the least of which because in an election where Donald Trump's twitter is blowing up on CNN every day his patented "Biden Gaffes" will seem quaint by comparison. His sense of humor is well-suited to mocking Trump too, which provides something the Clinton camp could use more of.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Biden's also not running for office anymore so he can say pretty much whatever the gently caress he wants :allears: America's drunk uncle, without a filter. This is going to be a good GE.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's just too bad we can't get 90s Bill Clinton tag teaming this poo poo with Trollbama.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Clinton plays the sax while Biden and Obama freestyle rap about how unfit to lead Trump is

they could get a hologram of ted kennedy to yell at Republicans to raise the god drat minimum wage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SicFn8rqPPE People can say what they want about the Kennedies but this speech is why I cried when Ted Kennedy died

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Jesus Christ these wordfilters are out of control

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

White people are the only ones looking to build walls and start trade wars. Probably because they're the only group who want to make America Great Again, like it was in the 1950s. Guess non-whites just don't remember how great it was in 1950.

No dude poisoning the atmosphere with lead and coal exhaust was great! So was the constant threat of nuclear annihilation.

Guess that's ok if you can hang black dudes for looking at a white girl though.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Why does Trump filter to Miller?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Peztopiary posted:

Why does Trump filter to Miller?

donald trump is john miller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Because he's poo poo just like Miller lite.

• Locked thread